What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Jamal Agnew, Darius Slayton, or Jakobi Meyers? 

Who is my WR5 of the day? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can only start 3 of these RB in .5 PPR

D Cook

Mixon

Swift

D Henderson 
First world problems.

Comes down to Mixon v Henderson

Earlier in this thread I went Henderson>Mixon, I'm sure I had very solid, well considered, in depth logic supported by thorough data analysis to support that decision but we're in the lightning round now so I'm going to say

Henderson>Mixon because reasons

Jamal Agnew or Jakobi Meyers? 

Who is my WR5 of the day? 
You start 5 WRs? Wow.

Man Jakobi's star seems to have turned, he looked like a ppr machine only a couple weeks ago.  I see a lot of running against a truly vulnerable Chargers D and NE is really spreading the wealth ATM.

Agnew (a real unknown btw)>Jakobi

You start 5 WRs? Wow.

Man Jakobi's star seems to have turned, he looked like a ppr machine only a couple weeks ago.  I see a lot of running against a truly vulnerable Chargers D and NE is really spreading the wealth ATM.

Agnew (a real unknown btw)>Jakobi

Thanks! We start RB 2WR TE 4FLEX

In most cases, it means starting four or five WRs unless you're really deep or lucky at RB. 

Non PPR for WR 3:

Shepard @ KC (have Pettis on bench if he doesn't go)
Beasley vs MIA
Osborn vs DAL

I am also now considering Gage with Ridley out
I can see that but I don't know if that appreciably changes my rankings.

Definitely Cooks

Really Henry, Gage & Carter are a coin toss.  I lean Henry because he's on a roll, it's a pride game and I think SD D is vulnerable. But there is no reason not to choose one of the others.

Non PPR for WR 3:

Shepard @ KC (have Pettis on bench if he doesn't go)
Beasley vs MIA
Osborn vs DAL
I thought all the practice reports on Shepard were positive.

Osborn seems like a real hit or miss player. Beasley is also all over the map.

When Shepard plays he is a consistent target sponge.

Shepard>>>Osborn/Beasley

Crazy transactions just happened in my league and I now have Alex Collins.

Need one in a full PPR

Zack Moss v Mia

Javonte v WFT

Collins v Jags

I can see that but I don't know if that appreciably changes my rankings.

Definitely Cooks

Really Henry, Gage & Carter are a coin toss.  I lean Henry because he's on a roll, it's a pride game and I think SD D is vulnerable. But there is no reason not to choose one of the others.

I am also now considering Gage with Ridley out
I picked up Gage to play over Shenault, but I'd play Cooks over every name that you're also considering.

Crazy transactions just happened in my league and I now have Alex Collins.

Need one in a full PPR

Zack Moss v Mia

Javonte v WFT

Collins v Jags
Like Collins in a get right game for Seattle where Geno is kept on a strict leash

0.5 PPR either DK or Damien Harris. Leaning Harris but would like some other folks to weigh in!
Geno has been able to hit DK and keep him fantasy relevant, but it definitely seems big play dependent. 

I can see the argument for Harris because he gets volume and the Chargers have been very vulnerable to the run game.

I hate benching Metcalf because he is clearly the superior talent and it isn't close.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble making a recommendation.

Metcalf>Harris

You'll hate yourself more if Metcalf blows up on your bench than if Harris does.

TD heavy 

.10 per catch

.03 per rec yard

6 TD

Marvin Jones or Kadarius Toney?

(i'm leaning Jones)

Geno has been able to hit DK and keep him fantasy relevant, but it definitely seems big play dependent. 

I can see the argument for Harris because he gets volume and the Chargers have been very vulnerable to the run game.

I hate benching Metcalf because he is clearly the superior talent and it isn't close.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble making a recommendation.

Metcalf>Harris

You'll hate yourself more if Metcalf blows up on your bench than if Harris does.

I'm trailing so I need the larger boomability of DK at this point. 

TD heavy 

.10 per catch

.03 per rec yard

6 TD

Marvin Jones or Kadarius Toney?

(i'm leaning Jones)
Much as I like Kadarius I agree with starting Jones.

Jones has had 3.5 plus games, has a good matchup and had a little upside.

Toney could blow the doors off KC D but I think it's important to note that Daniel Jones had had some truly terrible games and Lawrence has been a little more consistent.

Jones>Kadarius but of course you may regret it.

Good call.  That garbage time score and yardage was a big help while simultaneously knocking down the Rams DST that I was playing today as well.   Double whammy!
Happy it worked out.

Thanks, although even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Users who are viewing this thread