What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (6 Viewers)

'Idiot Boxer said:
'Bogart said:
Why did she pay $5000 if you listed it for $4900?
Bidding war. Fabricated or otherwise.Blazing Five

Dolphins at Colts (+2.5)

Buccaneers (+1.5) at Raiders

Vikings at Seahawks (-4)

Steelers (+3.5) at Giants

Cowboys (+4) at Falcons
:coffee:
Like all of these except the Vikings.
He's not taking the Vikings
In that case, I like all of these except the Colts.

'Uruk-Hai said:
####-you-Cancer-update:

Chose a new oncologist. Cathay-born doctor with surprisingly liberal treatment ideas. Took some polaroids of my chest and it appears bad things haven't gotten any bigger. Wants to start with conventional, localized radiation. A few of you have sent me non-conventional options and I did some research on them, then presented a few to her (appreciated to the degree that I can't repay even with Romney's bank account). She is aware of all of them and we will be discussing over the next whatever-amount-of-time. I've put off starting the radiation til after January 1st for a couple of reasons:

1. I want to enjoy my holiday schedule and doing treatment is regimented.

2. Radiation doesn't - at least, with what I've been through so far - doesn't incapacitate one. But it does wipe you out some.

3. The cauliflower seems to be holding steady instead of growing.
I can't tell you how badly I want you to beat the shit out of this thing.
:goodposting:

'krista4 said:
'Abraham said:
I honesty would love to have a therapist. I have a lot that weighs on me.
DO IT. that was the key to helping me get divorced. never been happier.
Tell me more.
it was all about the self-empowerment and helped me realize that I deserved better. :excited:
I like my wife. :shrug: It's everyone else (except cos) that bothers me.
Sorry...wasn't saying you should get divorced. Just saying you need to find some clarity in what is making you upset. Come to terms with what is really bothering you.
:thumbup:

Troof, CD. If you can find a way to make it happen, do it. My biggest hurdle - and my biggest relief once I got past it - was to be completely honest with the therapist. It took me 2 or 3 sessions to get there because most people have an inclination to protect themselves. But I finally realized that I was just cheating myself if I didn't make it raw. The person I was talking to had zero vested interest in me and, thus, was in the best position to help me. Sometimes it wasn't comfortable because she called me out on my bull####, but that got kind of fun after a while.

In other news - how lame am I? I went to bed at 7:30 hoping to get 7 hours of sleep before getting up to go fishing. Midnight I'm :eek: like a kid on Christmas. Already showered and dressed :bag:

'Uruk-Hai said:
####-you-Cancer-update:

Chose a new oncologist. Cathay-born doctor with surprisingly liberal treatment ideas. Took some polaroids of my chest and it appears bad things haven't gotten any bigger. Wants to start with conventional, localized radiation. A few of you have sent me non-conventional options and I did some research on them, then presented a few to her (appreciated to the degree that I can't repay even with Romney's bank account). She is aware of all of them and we will be discussing over the next whatever-amount-of-time. I've put off starting the radiation til after January 1st for a couple of reasons:

1. I want to enjoy my holiday schedule and doing treatment is regimented.

2. Radiation doesn't - at least, with what I've been through so far - doesn't incapacitate one. But it does wipe you out some.

3. The cauliflower seems to be holding steady instead of growing.
I can't tell you how badly I want you to beat the shit out of this thing.
:goodposting:
Gracias, amigos. It's funny - I had pretty much resigned myself to ride it out to whatever end without going through any more crap. Now that I'm going to start treatment again, it's become an odd mixture of hope and fear. I can't tell where one ends and the other begins. It's tough for me because the way I'm built is to bulldoze through something if I can't find another way and this crap takes more finesse and planning - I'm ok with that if I know an absolute result; with this ####, I don't.

Hey, I remember this place. My partner in crime at work got canned about 3 weeks back which of course dumped all his work (and expectations) on me. Of course, this happens shortly before the time of year when the workload doubles. My question is if I'm already doing 60 hours a week when the workload doubles, how much sleep am I going to get between Thanksgiving and Christmas? I need to go buy some more bourbon to replace my soul which is slowly being leached away.

See everybody after Christmas if I surrvive...

'Good said:
Locked in the Blazing Five, btw. Reduced juice Friday at SB.
I was listening to THE HERD today when he made these picks. His caveat was something like "I can't go 4-1 every week. Maybe we should just lose this week."
:mellow: Well that's not very good.Cos - Exxon Station on Lemon. Ask for Ahmed. Tell him you know me. He'll sell you a quarter for $25. Brown frown, but gets the job done.Course, this was >20 years ago...and I think he got busted. But maybe not?

Taking my dog on a walk. She's been a real B word tonight so this is going to be a 2 beer walk.
:lmao:
I got pulled over walking my dog.I'm walking along, holding a bag of poo and a beer and I hear a car coming up behind me. THen I hear the quick, one note siren "Beeeewwwww" and see the reflection of the flashing lights on the houses in front of me."Excuse me sir! What are you doing out this late?""Um walking my dog.""Whats in your hand?""Poop?""Your other hand"At this point my dog has her paws up on the cop car and is sniffing the cop. He pushes her down and gets out. I yank her back and he gets out of the car."Oh, this. Just a beer""Are you aware it is illegal to have an open container while walking on the street?""I thought it was just in the street. I'm on the sidewalk""Dump it out. Do you have anything else on you that I should be concerned about?":frisk: :findsonemorebeer:"Are you drunk?""Nope, just walking my dog having a beer""I'll let you keep this one. Just don't open it til you get home" <_<

Troof, CD. If you can find a way to make it happen, do it. My biggest hurdle - and my biggest relief once I got past it - was to be completely honest with the therapist. It took me 2 or 3 sessions to get there because most people have an inclination to protect themselves. But I finally realized that I was just cheating myself if I didn't make it raw. The person I was talking to had zero vested interest in me and, thus, was in the best position to help me. Sometimes it wasn't comfortable because she called me out on my bull####, but that got kind of fun after a while.

In other news - how lame am I? I went to bed at 7:30 hoping to get 7 hours of sleep before getting up to go fishing. Midnight I'm :eek: like a kid on Christmas. Already showered and dressed :bag:
You're bringing some great great stuff in here UH, but the bolded is really important. I have done therapy with three different therapists and I wasn't completely honest and open until I was at my very lowest point and felt like I had nothing left to lose. In marriage counselling, I mostly just told the therapist what I thought she wanted to hear from me. But when I was at rock bottom and life was my bleakest moment I opened it all up and that's what really helped me get better.I used to think it was a weakness if you went to see a 'shrink'. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I ever began to feel low again and I advocate it for anybody who even questions the need to go. What's the worst that happens if you go a time or two and find out you're okay?

Taking my dog on a walk. She's been a real B word tonight so this is going to be a 2 beer walk.
I got pulled over walking my dog.I'm walking along, holding a bag of poo and a beer and I hear a car coming up behind me. THen I hear the quick, one note siren "Beeeewwwww" and see the reflection of the flashing lights on the houses in front of me."Excuse me sir! What are you doing out this late?""Um walking my dog.""Whats in your hand?""Poop?""Your other hand"At this point my dog has her paws up on the cop car and is sniffing the cop. He pushes her down and gets out. I yank her back and he gets out of the car."Oh, this. Just a beer""Are you aware it is illegal to have an open container while walking on the street?""I thought it was just in the street. I'm on the sidewalk""Dump it out. Do you have anything else on you that I should be concerned about?":frisk: :findsonemorebeer:"Are you drunk?""Nope, just walking my dog having a beer""I'll let you keep this one. Just don't open it til you get home" <_<
OH COME ON

wow, that's insane! Glad this never happened to me....frisking me would be bad and not because I have a miniscule penis. :unsure:

I got pulled over walking my dog.I'm walking along, holding a bag of poo and a beer and I hear a car coming up behind me. THen I hear the quick, one note siren "Beeeewwwww" and see the reflection of the flashing lights on the houses in front of me.

"Excuse me sir! What are you doing out this late?"

"Um walking my dog."

"Whats in your hand?"

"Poop?"

"Your other hand"

At this point my dog has her paws up on the cop car and is sniffing the cop. He pushes her down and gets out. I yank her back and he gets out of the car.

"Oh, this. Just a beer"

"Are you aware it is illegal to have an open container while walking on the street?"

"I thought it was just in the street. I'm on the sidewalk"

"Dump it out. Do you have anything else on you that I should be concerned about?"

:frisk: :findsonemorebeer:

"Are you drunk?"

"Nope, just walking my dog having a beer"

"I'll let you keep this one. Just don't open it til you get home"
OH COME ON
:shrug:

I got pulled over walking my dog.I'm walking along, holding a bag of poo and a beer and I hear a car coming up behind me. THen I hear the quick, one note siren "Beeeewwwww" and see the reflection of the flashing lights on the houses in front of me.

"Um walking my dog."

"Whats in your hand?"

"Poop?"

"Your other hand"

At this point my dog has her paws up on the cop car and is sniffing the cop. He pushes her down and gets out. I yank her back and he gets out of the car.

"Oh, this. Just a beer"

"Are you aware it is illegal to have an open container while walking on the street?"

"Dump it out. Do you have anything else on you that I should be concerned about?"

"Are you drunk?"

OH COME ON
:shrug:
Not to steal Zooks shtick, but, I still love you.

"Um walking my dog."

"Whats in your hand?"

"Poop?"

"Your other hand"

"Oh, this. Just a beer"

"Are you drunk?"

wow, that's insane! Glad this never happened to me....frisking me would be bad and not because I have a miniscule penis. :unsure:
Its like 35 degrees. I was lousy with miniscule penis

You're bringing some great great stuff in here UH, but the bolded is really important. I have done therapy with three different therapists and I wasn't completely honest and open until I was at my very lowest point and felt like I had nothing left to lose. In marriage counselling, I mostly just told the therapist what I thought she wanted to hear from me. But when I was at rock bottom and life was my bleakest moment I opened it all up and that's what really helped me get better.I used to think it was a weakness if you went to see a 'shrink'. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I ever began to feel low again and I advocate it for anybody who even questions the need to go. What's the worst that happens if you go a time or two and find out you're okay?
I tried to play games with my therapist, making myself look better than whoever I was #####ing about. It's hard to bust your own sorry self out and easy to demonize whoever you're having a hard time with. What GM and I are saying may seem like self-flagellation (sp? help, GM?), but it doesn't make you less a man to admit weakness.

Hey, I remember this place. My partner in crime at work got canned about 3 weeks back which of course dumped all his work (and expectations) on me. Of course, this happens shortly before the time of year when the workload doubles. My question is if I'm already doing 60 hours a week when the workload doubles, how much sleep am I going to get between Thanksgiving and Christmas? I need to go buy some more bourbon to replace my soul which is slowly being leached away.

See everybody after Christmas if I surrvive...
Still got the talent for written word, I see. Hope it gets better for you, GB.

OH COME ON
You gotta be kidding me. I thought you lived in Wisconsin.

I have a FB friend whos a major Liberal Wack. I have a few Conservative wack friends as well, but this guy and his wife just do not stop posting political crap.

Last Sunday after Tric or Treating around his area, he posted that some kids made fun of his Obama sign, one stuck their tongue out at it, one kid said "I'm skipping this house"... etc. He was pissed off and complaining about respect blah blah blah.....

I think my response was fine, no? (I'd like to thank Tanner for this idea)

He hasn't spoken to me since.

I have a FB friend whos a major Liberal Wack. I have a few Conservative wack friends as well, but this guy and his wife just do not stop posting political crap.

Last Sunday after Tric or Treating around his area, he posted that some kids made fun of his Obama sign, one stuck their tongue out at it, one kid said "I'm skipping this house"... etc. He was pissed off and complaining about respect blah blah blah.....

I think my response was fine, no? (I'd like to thank Tanner for this idea)

He hasn't spoken to me since.
:snicker:

First 'I'm never drinking again' morning in a long time. This sucks
I go through two of these a week*, you'll be fine.*I've slowed down lately. :-)
I've actually been on a pretty good run of drunken weekends. Like people having to remind me what happened levels of drunkenness. But I've been coming out unscathed the next morning.Im going to guess that the vodka, then wine, then scotch progression the night took wasn't a very good idea.

Vincent: Yeah, it's legal to drink beer while walking your dog, but it ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean, you can't walk on the sidewalk, open a beer, and start chuggin' away. They want you to drink in your home or certain designated places. Jules: That's private property? Vincent: Breaks down like this, okay: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and if you're the proprietor of a liquor store, it's legal to sell it. It's illegal to drink it on a sidewalk, but that doesn't really matter 'cause, get a load of this, all right; if you drink it on someone's property it's illegal for them to ticket you. I mean, that's a right the cops in the U.S. don't have.

I'm watching this Red State movie. Just watched the El Bulli documentary. Slap it...high?
Interesting double feature.
Just scanned around Netflix streaming. The El Bulli documentary was pretty fascinating. This Red State movie is crazy.
Never heard of either. What is this Red State? Is movie chat allowed in here?
Red State is a horror movie directed by Kevin Smith. El Bulli is a documentary about a really cool restaurant in Spain (and chef Ferran Adria) that was considered to be the best in the world before they closed recently.

Tre, just you and me on the GMTAN movember team??

Shuke, I saw that you're doing it, you should join our team too.

Just search for GMTAN in team names

Oh and if anyone wants to donate, here's my page...

http://mobro.co/guster

Users who are viewing this thread