What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Marshall Stabbed, in Intensive Care (1 Viewer)

Didn't Marshall get accused of beating on his former girlfriend about a dozen times. Two different women here.

I'll go out on a limb and deduct the constant in this equation is Marshall. I doubt that all the variables are meant for the nuthouse.

Marshall has an issue beating women. I am speculating we will be seeing evidence of bruising on his wife.

My .02 is ban him from the NFL. He is a giant skid mark on goodells precious shield.
I said the same thing when he got into it with his ex-girlfriend, brother and father. I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt but Marshall is doing way too much.

Wow, I wonder if he lied in the police report.. If so, and if his wife contends that it was indeed a stabbing in self defense, this is going to be pretty bad for Marshall.
From the Palm Beach Post's Ben Volin:
Marshall initially tried to shield his wife from responsibility. When officers arrived at his Southwest Ranches home around 7:40 p.m., Marshall said in a sworn statement that the injury occurred when he slipped and fell on a broken glass vase. But officers did not find any blood in the immediate area to substantiate his claim.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-brandon-marshall-stabbed-miami-dolphins-1,0,7265361.story

By Omar Kelly & Andrew Carter South Florida Sun-Sentinel

12:02 p.m. EDT, April 23, 2011

sfl-brandon-marshall-stabbed-miami-dolphins-1

Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall was admitted to the intensive care unit of Broward General after being stabbed Friday night at his Southwest Ranches home.

Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, 26, was arrested by the Broward Sheriff's Office on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon in connection with the stabbing, according to the arrest report. She is being held on a $7,500 bond.

Nogami-Marshall told deputies that she stabbed Marshall with a kitchen knife in self-defense, according to the arrest report. Marshall told police that he slipped and fell on a broken glass vase, but deputies found no blood near the vase.

The arresting deputy described the couple as being hesitant to discuss the incident, according to the report.
Michi Nogami-Marshall arrest report

http://www.sun-senti...0,7265361.story

Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall was admitted to the intensive care unit of Broward General after being stabbed Friday night at his Southwest Ranches home.

Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, 26, was arrested by the Broward Sheriff's Office on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon in connection with the stabbing, according to the arrest report. She is being held on a $7,500 bond.

Nogami-Marshall told deputies that she stabbed Marshall with a kitchen knife in self-defense, according to the arrest report. Marshall told police that he slipped and fell on a broken glass vase, but deputies found no blood near the vase.

The arresting deputy described the couple as being hesitant to discuss the incident, according to the report.
I'm sure Brandon appreciates his phone # being leaked on that report (as well as the details being leaked already like that).

He could have been shielding his wife from being arrested OR shielding himself from the conduct policy, or both.

Wow, I wonder if he lied in the police report.. If so, and if his wife contends that it was indeed a stabbing in self defense, this is going to be pretty bad for Marshall.
Marshall initially tried to shield his wife from responsibility. When officers arrived at his Southwest Ranches home around 7:40 p.m., Marshall said in a sworn statement that the injury occurred when he slipped and fell on a broken glass vase. But officers did not find any blood in the immediate area to substantiate his claim.

I'm sure Brandon appreciates his phone # being leaked on that report (as well as the details being leaked already like that).
Ha...nice....I am ringing him up....

He could have been shielding his wife from being arrested OR shielding himself from the conduct policy, or both.

Either way, it won't look good in court, or to the league.. False statements ruin your credibility.

Ha...nice....I am ringing him up....
Yea, give him a buz, now we can get the real story. Goin to the source on this one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
From beat writer Omar Kelly:

Just got the police report, which labels it a "domestic violence" case. Brandon Marshall claims he slipped on a vase. His wife claims self D
If you mean in the eyes of the NFL, I doubt it. The Britt fiasco already brought to light that they'll have a tough time efnorcing the Personal Conduct Policy during the lock-out.

Just got the police report, which labels it a "domestic violence" case. Brandon Marshall claims he slipped on a vase. His wife claims self D
If you mean in the eyes of the NFL, I doubt it. The Britt fiasco already brought to light that they'll have a tough time efnorcing the Personal Conduct Policy during the lock-out.
Can you explain that? As far as I know, the league will likely enforce the personal conduct policy after the stand off is over.Why would they suspend them during a lockout? They are already suspended..

Florio said it would be a legal slippery slope for them to retroactively enforce league policies. He's a lawyer, so he might be on to something.

Florio said it would be a legal slippery slope for them to retroactively enforce league policies. He's a lawyer, so he might be on to something.
Most likely, the new CBA will renegotiate compensation, but continue the basis league policies without interruption.. It all depends on the new CBA.

Would this really matter in September? It's not like Marshall is missing training camp or something. We all knew he was a headcase, didn't stop us from drafting him.

Worst case, he gets a brief suspension. Best case, he gets rid of his whacko wife.

You could be right, but I don't think so.First, I think that Miami

might cut him, they surely don't need the bad PR. He's been nothing

but a headache the last few years. Plus if I was drafting, I would

avoid him like the plaque.

Would this really matter in September? It's not like Marshall is missing training camp or something. We all knew he was a headcase, didn't stop us from drafting him. Worst case, he gets a brief suspension. Best case, he gets rid of his whacko wife.
whacko wife? REALLY

makes sense if they change the conduct policy. But if it remains roughly the same, I don't see the issue. Besides, I'm okay with the NFL enforcing rules ex post facto.

Would this really matter in September? It's not like Marshall is missing training camp or something. We all knew he was a headcase, didn't stop us from drafting him. Worst case, he gets a brief suspension. Best case, he gets rid of his whacko wife.
:rolleyes:

Headline you'll never see upon waking on a Saturday morning. "Peyton Manning stabbed in domestic dispute in ICU"
Yup, and in the midst of all the problems the top WRs have, it's great that Marvin Harrison is such a model citizen and... wait... no, he might have shot a guy.We don't really know very much about any of these people. Just because someone hasn't gotten into trouble yet doesn't mean he won't, and just because someone's been in trouble before doesn't mean he can't turn their life around.

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports. but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?
why would he get suspended for being stabbed? No one suspended Paul Pierce when he was stabbed 11 times and had a bottle broken over his head. That said if his wife stabbed him, night be time for nomarriage.com

Because he likely worked her over. Any mugshots of her yet, I'm sure she has a broken nose, busted lip and black eyes.

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports. but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?
why would he get suspended for being stabbed? No one suspended Paul Pierce when he was stabbed 11 times and had a bottle broken over his head. That said if his wife stabbed him, night be time for nomarriage.com

Marshall's wife arrested, booked on battery

Brandon Marshall's wife has been arrested and charged with one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

It appears the early speculation that Marshall's wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall, was behind the stabbing that landed him in the hospital is true. A little more than two years ago, Marshall was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct in Atlanta after allegedly getting into a fight with Nogami-Marshall, then his fiancee, but the charges were dropped the next day. Details of the two's latest incident, such
Honestly BMars is lucky he wasn't hit with a false staements/obstruction charge for lying to the cops about the source of the injury

« Report: 2011 NFL schedule has contingency plan to make up first three games

Marshall stabbing is only the latest flareup in a turbulent life »

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall tried to take blame for stabbing, but wife arrested on charges of aggravated battery

by Ben Volin

Michi Nogami-Campbell / Broward Sheriff's Office

The wife of Dolphins star receiver Brandon Marshall has been arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon after allegedly stabbing Marshall late Friday.Michi Nogami-Marshall posted bond of $7,500 and was released from Broward County jail around 2 p.m. Saturday.

Marshall was hospitalized last night and sent to the intensive care unit after being stabbed. According to a Broward County Sheriff’s arrest report, Nogami-Marshall said she stabbed Marshall in the abdomen with a kitchen knife out of self defense. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the stabbing missed all of Marshall’s vital organs, and he is expected to be OK.

Marshall’s best friend and former college teammate, Jaguars receiver Mike Sims-Walker, said on his Twitter account, “Brandon will be ok and is in good spirits preciate the prayers and concerns!”

“This is a very difficult time for Brandon and family,” his agent, Kennard McGuire, said in a statement. “Thankfully he will make a full recovery, we simply ask that his privacy is respected.”

The Dolphins released a comment Saturday morning, but could not say much because of the NFL lockout:

“We are aware of the report and our thoughts are with Brandon at this time. We will look into the matter, but because we are not allowed contact with our players, we will have no further comment at this time.”

For Marshall, this is the second scary injury he has endured during his five-year professional career. In March 2008, Marshall sustained right forearm lacerations to one artery, one vein, one nerve, two tendons and three muscles after crashing through a glass table while horsing around with a cousin at his home in Denver. Marshall eventually recovered, but later said he played the entire 2008 season with numbness in his right hand.

Marshall, 27, just completed his first year of a four-year, $47.5 million contract, with $24 million guaranteed, that he signed with Miami. The Dolphins gave up two second-round picks for him in a trade last April, and he responded with 87 catches for 1,014 yards and three touchdowns in 2010.

While he often found trouble in Denver — the forearm injury, a DUI arrest, several fights with his coaches, his involvement in a New Year’s Eve fight that led to the shooting death of Darrent Williams — last night’s stabbing was Marshall’s first incident since coming to Miami last April.

Marshall married Nogami-Marshall last summer after the trade. The two had been college sweethearts at University of Central Florida. On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with Nogami-Marshall, but the charges were dropped the next day.

Marshall purchased a $4.15 million home in Southwest Ranches in December.

ShareThis

From my experience (6-8 cases involving SD which inflicted serious injuries)'self-defense' is waaaay subjective and often needs to be plead argued in a court of law for the cops to allow for it.Also self defense is usually only allowed when in like-kind response. Legalese, essentially you can only use force equivalent to the force being inflicted upon you. This for her to respond with a knife, Marshall would have had to have been threatening her with deadly force (a gun/knife/bat etc) for that to work (possibly a reason the cops arrested her and didn't buy her SD story?

meh. False statements protecting your wife won't bat an eye unless charged. I think most understand that. Plus marital privilege, etc might make all this eventually go away, depending on fla DV laws.Either way, it won't look good in court, or to the league.. False statements ruin your credibility.

From my experience (6-8 cases involving SD which inflicted serious injuries)'self-defense' is waaaay subjective and often needs to be plead argued in a court of law for the cops to allow for it.Also self defense is usually only allowed when in like-kind response. Legalese, essentially you can only use force equivalent to the force being inflicted upon you. This for her to respond with a knife, Marshall would have had to have been threatening her with deadly force (a gun/knife/bat etc) for that to work (possibly a reason the cops arrested her and didn't buy her SD story?
Wouldn't shock me if SD worked when the assailant is a strong 6'4" 229 lbs man and she is rather small in comparison. Depends on the facts though.

meh. False statements protecting your wife won't bat an eye unless charged. I think most understand that. Plus marital privilege, etc might make all this eventually go away, depending on fla DV laws.Either way, it won't look good in court, or to the league.. False statements ruin your credibility.
Really? A false statement made to a 3rd party pertaining to a crime against the marriage, could fall under marital privilege? Not in my court. (I'm assuming things here, as we all seem to be)

Headline you'll never see upon waking on a Saturday morning. "Peyton Manning stabbed in domestic dispute in ICU"
Yup, and in the midst of all the problems the top WRs have, it's great that Marvin Harrison is such a model citizen and... wait... no, he might have shot a guy.We don't really know very much about any of these people. Just because someone hasn't gotten into trouble yet doesn't mean he won't, and just because someone's been in trouble before doesn't mean he can't turn their life around.
It's about probability.A guy who has frequent run ins with the law is far more likely to have trouble in the future then someone who has a clean record. That is just a fact.

It's about probability.A guy who has frequent run ins with the law is far more likely to have trouble in the future then someone who has a clean record. That is just a fact.
So there's a 0% probability that Peyton Manning will be stabbed someday, which is why we say things like "never".

So there's a 0% probability that Peyton Manning will be stabbed someday, which is why we say things like "never".
It's a pretty low chance of Peyton getting involved in this, unless we've all be fooled.Ben seemed to be a decent guy too.

I never said zero. But a betting line on manning vs Marshall on who gets in trouble with the law first would be over 100-1 I would think.

Because he likely worked her over. Any mugshots of her yet, I'm sure she has a broken nose, busted lip and black eyes.

Obviously his health is the number 1 concern here...and I'm glad it looks like he's "ok" from the initial reports.

but....looking ahead Im curious. If there are charges filed against him by his girlfriend for domestic violence could he lose a whole year to suspension once he's healthy? or since there is a lock out and no union contract is a suspension unenforceable?
Mugshot included:http://blogs.palmbea...after-stabbing/

Brandon Marshall has defensive wounds on both hands

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT AP

In addition to being stabbed in the abdominal region during a domestic dispute late Friday night, Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall also suffered injuries to his hands.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Marshall had defensive wounds on both his hands.

Obviously, hand injuries could be very serious to a receiver, but all indications are that Marshall will make a complete recovery long before NFL players are back to work.

That Marshall suffered defensive wounds might make things tougher for his wife, Michi, who has been arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Michi Marshall reportedly admitted to the stabbing but claimed self defense.

For their part, the Dolphins aren't saying much.

"We are aware of the report, and our thoughts are with Brandon at this time," Dolphins spokeman Harvey Greene said in a statement. "We will look into the matter, but because we are not allowed to have any contact with any of our players, we will refrain from making any further comment."

The NFL says the Dolphins' team doctor can see Marshall and consult with his other doctors, and that "The team can send well wishes or other types of appropriate expressions of support."

http://profootballta..._medium=twitter

:rolleyes: Blame the victim down? and yes her muggie is in the PBP link, and she looks fine, though pissed at being arrestd.http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/04/23/reports-dolphins-wr-brandon-marshall-hospitalized-after-stabbing/

Really? A false statement made to a 3rd party pertaining to a crime against the marriage, could fall under marital privilege? Not in my court. (I'm assuming things here, as we all seem to be)
each st. is different, but in most a hubby/wife can't be compelled to testify against the other.

Public record. Why would they redact his phone number? It is not a leak at all.

I think most would have put Paul Pierce on a list like this. You never know...

:goodposting: We have zero idea what goes on in a players personal life. And Marvin Harrison was a great example.

Police report was pretty short. A supplemental incident report will likely be forthcoming. No mention of injury to Marshall's wife. I cannot believe that bond was set at $7,500. Pretty ridiculous. The wound to Marshall's stomach caused him to be admitted to the ICU. And the bond is 7500? THat is Assualt 1 charge in CT, and bond would be set in the 250,000 range.

whacko wife? REALLY
Yep. "REALLY"Not defending Marshall at all. The guy is an imbecile brute and whatever else you wanna call him. But both his high-school sweetheart (the long-term girlfriend who filed the report that got him arrested three years ago) and the current wife are notorious nutjobs themselves. Opposites attract....yeah, not here. Marshall likes his women as whacko as himself.Check out the report linked on Yahoo Sports.So yes. Best thing that can happen to Marshall's dynasty prospects is that he loses Whacko #2 and somehow ends up with a smart, rational, normal wife.

Police report was pretty short. A supplemental incident report will likely be forthcoming. No mention of injury to Marshall's wife. I cannot believe that bond was set at $7,500. Pretty ridiculous. The wound to Marshall's stomach caused him to be admitted to the ICU. And the bond is 7500? THat is Assualt 1 charge in CT, and bond would be set in the 250,000 range.
really? That's way high. Agg assault is around 11,000 in ga (depending on factors). One of the factors in her low bond I bet was the assistance of a high powered attorney at the bail hearing I betcha...

I guess some people forget that Peyton had a suspcious interaction with a University of Tennessee trainer that sort of just went away. (Obviously no knives involved) http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

Manning claimed in his book that, while in the training room, in response to a track athlete who made a remark, Manning dropped his shorts to moon the athlete. "I did it thinking the trainer wasn't where she would see. ... Even when she did, it seemed like something she'd have laughed at, considering the environment, or shrugged off as harmless. Crude maybe, but harmless."

Naughright and her lawyer provided a different version of events. In a court filing, her lawyer wrote that she was examining Manning to see why Manning was having pain in one of his feet and was crouched behind him when "entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright's head and face."

As Naughright described it in a deposition entered into the court record: "It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the #### and the area in between the ####. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up. ... To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off."

and didn't we wake one morning to find then family man Tiger Woods with his wife swinging a golf club.

Would this really matter in September? It's not like Marshall is missing training camp or something. We all knew he was a headcase, didn't stop us from drafting him.

Worst case, he gets a brief suspension. Best case, he gets rid of his whacko wife.
whacko wife? REALLY
Yep. "REALLY"Not defending Marshall at all. The guy is an imbecile brute and whatever else you wanna call him. But both his high-school sweetheart (the long-term girlfriend who filed the report that got him arrested three years ago) and the current wife are notorious nutjobs themselves. Opposites attract....yeah, not here. Marshall likes his women as whacko as himself.

Check out the report linked on Yahoo Sports.

So yes. Best thing that can happen to Marshall's dynasty prospects is that he loses Whacko #2 and somehow ends up with a smart, rational, normal wife.
Yes, I am sure all Brandon needs is the love a of a good woman.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/04/23/brandon-marshall-file/7276/

Brandon Marshall File

By Mike Klis

The stab wound to the stomach allegedy inflicted by the hand of his wife was the latest off-field incident involving Miami Dolphins and former Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. But hardly the first. A chronology of Marshall’s off-field troubles:

Oct. 31 2004- Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting

arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on

a law enforcement officer from a Halloween night arrest his junior year at

Central Florida. All charges were ultimately dismissed.

April 8, 2005 – Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor,

after police in Orlando accused him of trying to return a stolen set of bed

sheets at a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.

June 17, 2006 – Marshall and his girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging

physical abuse by the other in an hours-long a fight at Marshall’s Orlando

apartment. No arrests.

Jan 1, 2007 _ According to court testimony in the murder trial in which Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was the victim and Willie E. Clark was the defendent, Marshall and his cousin were involved in an altercation outside a downtown Denver nightclub with Wllie E. Clark and Daniel “Ponytail” Harris. Prosecutors believe an enraged Clark followed a limousine that he thought Marshall and his cousin were in. Clark was found guilty of firing at least 15 shots into the crowded limousine that killed Williams. Marshall and his cousin were in another vehicle. Clark is serving a life sentence.

Jan. 24, 2007 – Police interview Marshall and his father after an

argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to run him over with his car, while the father told police Marshall had shot a gun. Both

declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007 – Watley told Atlanta police that Marshall had punched

her and taken her purse while at a downtown hotel. Marshall left before

police arrived and no charges were filed.

March 21, 2007 – Police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall

and Watley twice in one night after two loud arguments. Both said the

incidents were not physical, and no arrests were made.

March 26, 2007 – This is the first time the Broncos and Denver-area sports fans understood the magnitude of Marshall’s domestic troubles with Watley. Marshall was arrested in Highlands Ranch on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment after another argument. Marshall hired attorney Harvey Steinberg to defend him and charges were dropped in May 2007.

June 8, 2007 – Two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. The

first was to investigate damage to private property when Watley’s friend

alleged that Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger

door, where Watley was riding. In the other, Watley told police Marshall had

cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance

to a local hospital. Marshall was not on the scene, and no charges were

filed.

June 30, 2007 – Watley told Atlanta police Marshall had punched and

choked her at his downtown condo, leaving a bruise on her eye and scratches

on her body. He was not on scene and no charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007 – Marshall arrested and charged with DUI after he

allegedly was driving the wrong way on a one-way street in downtown Denver

hours after a Broncos game.

March 4-5-6, 2008 – Three incident reports and one criminal warrant

filed after Watley and Marshall got into a fight at his Atlanta condo. She

told police Marshall had punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall told

police his hand was also cut on glass during the incident, which included

Watley’s two younger sisters. Marshall was arrested on March 6 on a

misdemeanor battery charge.

May 21, 2008 – An Atlanta police officer was dispatched to Marshall’s

condo to enforce Watley’s temporary restraining order while Watley was there

removing her belongings. The officer described Marshall as being cooperative

and Watley as being argumentative, though Watley told the officer she felt

threatened by Marshall and his relatives who were also there.

Feb. 8, 2009 – Played in his first Pro Bowl in Hawaii, an honor received because

of his performance in the 2008 season. While on that trip, he proposed to

his girlfriend, Michi Nogami Campbell.

March 1, 2009: Takes part in a fierce argument with his fiancée that leads to

their arrest on disorderly conduct charges. The charges are dismissed the

next day.

Aug. 14, 2009 – A six-person Atlanta jury acquits Marshall on a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from the March 6, 2008 incident.

Aug. 28 – Coach Josh McDaniels suspends Marshall for the remainder of

the preseason for conduct detrimental to the team, the day after he

lost his cool at practice, punting away a football and batting down

balls in frustration. He was reinstated on Sept. 6.

Feb. 26, 2010 – Marshall testifies for the prosecution in the murder trial of

Willie Clark, the man accused of killing former Bronco Darrent Williams on

Jan. 1, 2007. Marshall was partying with Williams the night of the murder.

In his testimony, Marshall said he escalated a dispute outside a downtown

nightclub with Clark and Clark’s friends. “I think about it every night,”

Marshall said.

April 1, 2010 – Marshall marries Michi Nogami in a courthouse ceremony in Jefferson

County. Marshall was spotted wearing his new wedding band in a fashion

magazine photo shoot on April 13.

April 14 – Marshall is traded to the Miami Dolphins for two second-round

draft picks, one each in 2010 and 2011.

July 17, 2010 _ Marshall and his wife again exchange vows in a formal ceremony in Miami.

April 22, 2011 _ Michi Nogami-Marshall is arrested and jailed after she admits to police she stabbed her husband with a kitchen knife in self-defense. Marshall is hospitalized following emergency surgery to repair a non-life threatening stab wound to his stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread