What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (2 Viewers)

Anybody remember The Samples? Love them. Playing in Chicago at Lincoln Hall on September 30th. Should be a great show.
Probably only those of us in the Colorado music scene in the late 80s and early 90s GB.
Ha, knew I'd see you after that. :bye: You're right with the time but they extended beyond Colorado for sure. I know plenty of people from other colleges that dug them or said they were popular at their school. Hell, Dave Mathews opened for them in Atlanta of all places. Crazy. Plenty of Socal fans when they come around, seen it many times. I remember going to ASU and hearing them in dorms and ####. Midwest schools were probly their biggest draw outside Colorado, though. Total college band but Sean is now "The Samples" basically, always was. Living in San Diego and still living the life of a struggling, touring musician. What a grind. But he loves it. Great guy who remained true to everything about it. They were so close to making it big, too.

Anybody remember The Samples? Love them. Playing in Chicago at Lincoln Hall on September 30th. Should be a great show.
Probably only those of us in the Colorado music scene in the late 80s and early 90s GB.
Ha, knew I'd see you after that. :bye: You're right with the time but they extended beyond Colorado for sure. I know plenty of people from other colleges that dug them or said they were popular at their school. Hell, Dave Mathews opened for them in Atlanta of all places. Crazy. Plenty of Socal fans when they come around, seen it many times. I remember going to ASU and hearing them in dorms and ####. Midwest schools were probly their biggest draw outside Colorado, though. Total college band but Sean is now "The Samples" basically, always was. Living in San Diego and still living the life of a struggling, touring musician. What a grind. But he loves it. Great guy who remained true to everything about it. They were so close to making it big, too.
Always liked them more than Big Head Todd who made it just a little further up that hill and gained much more national recognition. Several years later a buddy of mine was in Brethren Fast (after his previous band, Durt, broke up when Keith Moseley went to start String Cheese Incident.). Another "Almost Famous" band that couldn't quite get over the crest of the hill.

A couple of buddies went to CSU and came back to the Chicago burbs with The Samples. Been a favorite ever since.And Lincoln Hall's a pretty cool place. Just saw Buffalo Tom there back in the spring.

They made it as far as smallish town, SC. They were around when I was in high school. Loved them.

'General Malaise said:
'Frostillicus said:
I like Linkin Park.
EverclearLinkin ParkCoors LiteEvery "Straight to DVD" movie ever madeI'm compiling a list of things Frosty likes for FBG Jeopardy...
I only like the straight to DVD movies if there's a giant shark or alligator or squid or other scary predator involved.

That was fun. You guys were pretty accurate except for the Knight Rider thing. The only Knight Rider I like is when Busta Rhymes rapped over it.

Worst musical travesty of the 90s: Deep Blue Something ####, they couldn't even finish their band name
This is the correct answer. That Breakfast at Tiffany's song is the worst song ever recorded, though Mr. krista regularly argues with me that this honor goes to Drops of Jupiter by Train.

I would rather do it with any of you than Natalie Merchant. Not that there's anything particularly unattractive about her, but she's so bland and dull and milquetoast. I imagine her bush looks like a shrub in the dead of winter.
Yeah, she's pretty homely. I do like some of her music, though. Sorry.Actually saw 10,000 Maniacs with World Party in 1992 and enjoyed it. :bag:
I liked her work with Wilco and Billy Bragg on Mermaid Avenue. :shrug:

Worst musical travesty of the 90s: Deep Blue Something ####, they couldn't even finish their band name
This is the correct answer. That Breakfast at Tiffany's song is the worst song ever recorded, though Mr. krista regularly argues with me that this honor goes to Drops of Jupiter by Train.
Hmmm. I can think of much worse. But I'm holding on to them in case there's a Worst Song Draft.

A couple of buddies went to CSU and came back to the Chicago burbs with The Samples. Been a favorite ever since.And Lincoln Hall's a pretty cool place. Just saw Buffalo Tom there back in the spring.
That's what their music did to a lot of people. You would overhear it and a few times and have to go buy the CD. Very catchy.Couldn't find a better version from The Tonight Show in 93', probably their peak, but here goes: Feel us Shaking.

I don't cry when my dog runs away

I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay

I don't get angry when my smokes pot

Hits the bottle and goes right to the rock

#### it. Fight it, it's all the same

something something somethings the way to stay sane

Life of lovin', life of lovin' come back to me

I would rather do it with any of you than Natalie Merchant. Not that there's anything particularly unattractive about her, but she's so bland and dull and milquetoast. I imagine her bush looks like a shrub in the dead of winter.
Yeah, she's pretty homely. I do like some of her music, though. Sorry.Actually saw 10,000 Maniacs with World Party in 1992 and enjoyed it. :bag:
I just lost a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DP in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
I went to Lalapalooza II too, mang. In New Orleans. Where drinking age was 18 and acid age was who cares. I smoked a joint the size of my forearm in a mosh pit during Ministry. I was there when Gibby came out to Ding a dang dong his ding a long ling long....wahh wahh wahh wahh.....

Sublime still oVVns
I hated them when they first came out because my new-to-pot roommate over-played them like Jimmy Buffett/Steve Miller/Cat Stevens greatest hits. But there's a few songs I hear once in a long while that are played in full on the radio in my car. I like it when he goes 1 8 7 on a mother f'n cop and comes to Eugene.I played softball with Driving & Crying in 1991 before a concert at our school. Thoughts on them? Always felt they were under the radar, but going back and listening to them hasn't been as good as hoped.

I just lost a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DP in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
I went to Lalapalooza II too, mang. In New Orleans. Where drinking age was 18 and acid age was who cares. I smoked a joint the size of my forearm in a mosh pit during Ministry. I was there when Gibby came out to Ding a dang dong his ding a long ling long....wahh wahh wahh wahh.....
Found my way into some acid at Lolla II myself. I remember being slack-jawed while watching the Jim Rose Side Circus and asking people around me if what I was seeing was really happening.

Sublime still oVVns
I hated them when they first came out because my new-to-pot roommate over-played them like Jimmy Buffett/Steve Miller/Cat Stevens greatest hits. But there's a few songs I hear once in a long while that are played in full on the radio in my car. I like it when he goes 1 8 7 on a mother f'n cop and comes to Eugene.I played softball with Driving & Crying in 1991 before a concert at our school. Thoughts on them? Always felt they were under the radar, but going back and listening to them hasn't been as good as hoped.
I remember having 'Mystery Road'. That got worn out the summer of '89 or '90

That was fun. You guys were pretty accurate except for the Knight Rider thing. The only Knight Rider I like is when Busta Rhymes rapped over it.
Gonna bet $100,000 -780 on Velvetta Cheese. I bet you swim in that ####.
Can't stand Velveeta and won't eat it. Ouch. You lose big money and I feel a little bit hurt.I do love Kraft singles, however, but they're better when they are NOT individually wrapped. Whatever happened to that guy anyway?

Can't stand Velveeta and won't eat it. Ouch. You lose big money and I feel a little bit hurt.I do love Kraft singles, however, but they're better when they are NOT individually wrapped. Whatever happened to that guy anyway?
Wait, those are the same thing. they both taste terrible. they are the same taste. you lose.isn't Kraft still around? Who is that impossible to trade with guy in uber who hates nice boobs? Same guy?

Wait, those are the same thing. they both taste terrible. they are the same taste. you lose.isn't Kraft still around? Who is that impossible to trade with guy in uber who hates nice boobs? Same guy?
those aren't the same. velveeta isn't even cheese. it's "cheese food". kraft singles still qualify as cheese.

kraft's in chat daily, and on the board too

are those really two different cheeses? I always thought velveeta was just the block form of that crappy kraft stuff that comes in wrappers. :unsure:

I want my cheese to bite me in the tongue and leave a calling card on the way down. Extra sharp white cheddar reserve, for examples.

are those really two different cheeses? I always thought velveeta was just the block form of that crappy kraft stuff that comes in wrappers. :unsure:I want my cheese to bite me in the tongue and leave a calling card on the way down. Extra sharp white cheddar reserve, for examples.
Frosty's right. They're different, and Velveeta doesn't officially qualify as cheese, while the singles do. Both downright nasty, though.

those aren't the same. velveeta isn't even cheese. it's "cheese food". kraft singles still qualify as cheese.
Can we kick GM out of this thread. He's clearly lost it.On a related note, I'm pretty sure I just got baited into a timeout by LHUCKS. So I'll see you later.

are those really two different cheeses? I always thought velveeta was just the block form of that crappy kraft stuff that comes in wrappers. :unsure:I want my cheese to bite me in the tongue and leave a calling card on the way down. Extra sharp white cheddar reserve, for examples.
I too prefer "real" cheese. A nice white cheddar with some serious bite is about as good as it gets, and I strongly prefer provolone on a sandwich. But kraft singles is legitimate cheese, especially the kind that is just sliced and NOT individually wrapped. It's not even close to Velveeta, which I think is probably some kind of orange-dyed butter or something.

I'm ready to accuse krista of deleting comments on facebook just so that other people's comments don't make sense or aren't funny. dastardly.

I'm ready to accuse krista of deleting comments on facebook just so that other people's comments don't make sense or aren't funny. dastardly.
Sorry, that wasn't intentional. :lmao: I'm really failing at Facebook tonight. Should I just delete the whole exchange? :lol:ETA: I just also realized I mixed up you and Frosty in the exchange above. For god's sake. I quit the internet for the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
My next door neighbor Danny and I grew up together from the age of 4 until we graduated HS...although he never really graduated when we did either. Out of a class of 315, 310 of us went on to four-year colleges. Danny was not one of them. He once mooned our 10th grade biology teacher and shaved the words "Meat" and "Beer" into the back of his head.Danny's dad was a bookie for the mob and he divorced his wife/Danny's mom when Danny was 7. He went to jail a time or two, but he also drove a cool Corvette and took us to The Egyptian Room on days when he had Danny - I met Mickey Mantle there. We would take Danny camping with us; his dad took us to make deals in the back room of a very well connected Dallas landmark. Neither Danny's mom nor his dad ever cooked. Not once. Danny used to eat things like "cracker sandwiches"...bright white bread with mayo/Miracle Whip and crackers. If they had it, he'd throw that Kraft Single Cheese on there. That was a meal for him. When he wasn't eating out for dinners, which he did nearly every day. He also used to microwave those cheese wraps on white bread which rendered the semi-melted yuck into a mangled form that looks like the back of fat ladies thighs. I cannot believe people enjoy eating that.Danny has been through rehab twice. I should probably change his name to protect it, but he hasn't really been very good at turning on the computers. But boy, can he sell....and man, did he slay a lot of tang. So did his dad. Dad still books bet. Gave me his 800 number years ago. I wisely tossed it in the garbage.

Frosty's right. They're different, and Velveeta doesn't officially qualify as cheese, while the singles do. Both downright nasty, though.
i refer to them as devil cheese. horrible ####.hope all are well! i don't hardly go on fbg's anymore. let me know if any massive cornholes go down.

Sometimes I'll take a massive chunk of cheese and alternate between taking bites of it then taking bites of an apple. Yeah, I'm too lazy to slice it up.

Edam is one of my favorites. Extra sharp is always a winner. Bleu cheese cooked in a hamburger is heavenly. Cottage cheese with crushed pineapple? Yes please. Fresh mozzarella with some berries. Grilled Halloumi. Plain swiss.

Man do I love cheese. :unsure:

Respect restored. :thumbup: (I saw them in Toronto - with similar accoutrements, though I preferred being sober in the pit. More intense. More fun)

kraft's in chat daily, and on the board too
This is the most baffling conversation I've seen in this thread. I feel like I'm high just reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread