What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

Holy crap bob. Scary stuff. :shock:

ETA - I find it odd they have no investigation going. Not even a warning placed out to residents?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Tiger Fan said:
I would rather do it with any of you than Natalie Merchant. Not that there's anything particularly unattractive about her, but she's so bland and dull and milquetoast. I imagine her bush looks like a shrub in the dead of winter.
Yeah, she's pretty homely. I do like some of her music, though. Sorry.Actually saw 10,000 Maniacs with World Party in 1992 and enjoyed it. :bag:
I just lost a lot of respect for one of my iheros. Let's contrast GM with DP in 1992 -I saw --Rollins Band-Ministry-Red Hot Chili Peppers -Primus (f!@k you, Tanner)- Nine Inch Nails twice (NIN is still my favorite band; I would go gay for Reznor, given the right about of alcohol and fingering foreplay.)
I went to Lalapalooza II too, mang. In New Orleans. Where drinking age was 18 and acid age was who cares. I smoked a joint the size of my forearm in a mosh pit during Ministry. I was there when Gibby came out to Ding a dang dong his ding a long ling long....wahh wahh wahh wahh.....
Thanks for calling me up :kicksrock:
You were probably playing Game Boy and eating rock candy. I'm old enough to be your uncle.
:lmao: was in 8th gradeOh and you forgot to list Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, who were at that Lollapolluza as well

ETA - I find it odd they have no investigation going. Not even a warning placed out to residents?
It's good to know Bob has quality police coverage in his new neighborhood.Moving on up! To the EEEEAST SIDE!

He's finally got a piece of the pie!

Posty here. Just found out today that one of my former students who graduated in May was killed last week in Juarez. They capped his knees and made him suffer first. I feel sick. :cry:

8 years ago, worked with this guy http://www.msnbc.msn...rder-moonlight/

he killed his wife, then in the time after that and before he eventually was arrested, our parent company transferred him from the Jacksonville office

to our office in Portland. he just surfed the net all day.
Would you say this part is true?
Not to mention that Justin didn’t need the insurance money, according to Willis—his debt was a minor setback for such an upwardly mobile young man, and he’d been paying it off in stride.

Defense Attorney: "He makes $105,000 a year at the age of 30. His future is so bright, you can’t look at it. I’m telling you, he was on the fast track to senior management at a Fortune 500 company."
probably was on the fast track, i doubt they'd keep him employed unless they really thought he was good or maybe he just gave good corporate head, either one could be true for all i know. Donn't know what they were paying him and didn't care either way. He never had a role in our office that i could figure out, since it was a trading office where you're basically working the phones all day, and he wasn't doing that at all.

"The New Girl" is really, really funny.
Sweet mother of god please tell me this was shtick. My wife recorded this, unbeknownst to me, and turned it on last night, after I made the mistake of saying, "I don't care. Put on whatever you want." Rookie mistake. Anyway, we made it to the second commercial break (what's that, like, thirteen minutes in, I think?), and I hadn't said a word to that point. Just as the commercial came on and I started to open my mouth, she stopped and deleted it. And she'll watch pretty much anything. Colossally craptacular. The only thing I could even stretch to say I enjoyed was the ######## Jar. We could use one of those around here. And you should be contributing for calling this show funny. Not just funny, but really, really funny. Really?!?Of for the love of god. Really? Dooshbag is censored? This place gets more unbelievable all the time.
Not shtick. I liked it a lot. But I'd like anything with Zooey in it, so maybe that's my issue.
she's on every night on the Disney Channel, shouldn't be hard to find her.

Posty here. Just found out today that one of my former students who graduated in May was killed last week in Juarez. They capped his knees and made him suffer first. I feel sick. :cry:
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. It's a terrible thing.But why the hell would you go to Northern Mexico nowadays. Might as well take a vacation in Tehran with two playboy bunnies under you arms, smoking a monster joint rolled in pages of the Koran.

Sweet jeebus. Was he there on vacation?
A lot of my students go to Juarez for the weekend. They visit relatives and go to parties and nightclubs. He was leaving a party.
With everything that has been happening in Mexico over the last couple years I have no idea why anyone would travel there. What a tragedy. I'm sorry it happened to someone you knew desert rose. :sadbanana:

For more upbeat news -

Going to see Gabriel Iglesias tomorrow night, followed up by Syracuse vs. Toledo at the Carrier Dome Saturday.

A lot of my students go to Juarez for the weekend. They visit relatives and go to parties and nightclubs. He was leaving a party.
With everything that has been happening in Mexico over the last couple years I have no idea why anyone would travel there. What a tragedy. I'm sorry it happened to someone you knew desert rose. :sadbanana:
Yeah, it's less of a vacation and more of a going home thing. A lot of them were born there, have grandparents and other close relatives there, grew up there. And it's just a drive across. I live on the border. But I wouldn't be going there. And if I had to, I wouldn't be out. I certainly wouldn' tbe at a nightclub or party.

Halftime, bored, so...

Got some sinus deal going and as the day goes on things loosen up in there, and all the guck from the prior night gathers into a big, chunky one which finally drops down into the back of my throat... utter bliss because I get to uncharnel the beast into the nearest sink and examine it. I enjoy this knowing it's left my body, I do. This time though, I was too lazy to leave the couch and I noticed my nearby mug was empty to boot. So I hack that sucker up into the mug and return to Fro's fabulous song bracket. It was brown at the core with green surrounding it (like Saturn, maybe?) and very thick, btw, I'm sick.

Anyway, I woke up a little later after a cat-nap feeling hungry. Lumbered into the kitchen to re-heat a slice and get some Arizona Iced Tea. Crack a beer, eat the pizza and then go re-heat another one. Run back to the TV cuz I hear CINCI-7 recovering a fumble, I'm excited. Grab my mug of iced tea, take a sip, and swallow. Yep, totally forgot about that thing. The clod must've dislodged from the bottom of the glass eventually (guarantee it was stuck for awhile), and floated to the surface, because I felt it going down my throat, like an oyster. That was nasty. :X

I agree. A phone call is going to be made to the police tomorrow.

It's good to know Bob has quality police coverage in his new neighborhood.Moving on up! To the EEEEAST SIDE!

He's finally got a piece of the pie!
More like Green Acres
Halftime, bored, so...

Got some sinus deal going and as the day goes on things loosen up in there, and all the guck from the prior night gathers into a big, chunky one which finally drops down into the back of my throat... utter bliss because I get to uncharnel the beast into the nearest sink and examine it. I enjoy this knowing it's left my body, I do. This time though, I was too lazy to leave the couch and I noticed my nearby mug was empty to boot. So I hack that sucker up into the mug and return to Fro's fabulous song bracket. It was brown at the core with green surrounding it (like Saturn, maybe?) and very thick, btw, I'm sick.

Anyway, I woke up a little later after a cat-nap feeling hungry. Lumbered into the kitchen to re-heat a slice and get some Arizona Iced Tea. Crack a beer, eat the pizza and then go re-heat another one. Run back to the TV cuz I hear CINCI-7 recovering a fumble, I'm excited. Grab my mug of iced tea, take a sip, and swallow. Yep, totally forgot about that thing. The clod must've dislodged from the bottom of the glass eventually (guarantee it was stuck for awhile), and floated to the surface, because I felt it going down my throat, like an oyster. That was nasty. :X
You should probably save it to smoke later. You know, if you don't want it....

Something sounds fishy about that story. Ski masks to abduct kids? In a large group? In the middle of the day? Not good for your nerves I'm sure, but that just doesn't add up.

Something sounds fishy about that story. Ski masks to abduct kids? In a large group? In the middle of the day? Not good for your nerves I'm sure, but that just doesn't add up.
My initial deduction as well. That and they are calling off the investigation. It still bugs the #### of me though. That and Channel 4 owes me some $ for using Cal's image without my consent.

So I need to buy a new computer. Nothing fancy, PC (no mac) need to be able to surf web, microsoft office, photoshop. Do people still buy desktops?

What's the best site to start looking for deals.

So I need to buy a new computer. Nothing fancy, PC (no mac) need to be able to surf web, microsoft office, photoshop. Do people still buy desktops?What's the best site to start looking for deals.
Tigerdirect and newegg are usually pretty good places to start. Haven't looked at them in quite a while though.

So I need to buy a new computer. Nothing fancy, PC (no mac) need to be able to surf web, microsoft office, photoshop. Do people still buy desktops?What's the best site to start looking for deals.
Tigerdirect and newegg are usually pretty good places to start. Haven't looked at them in quite a while though.
:goodposting:I believe NCC sells computers.
Cool, will check it all out tomorrow

Finished up the second practice for my son's baseball team. Pretty happy with the progress.

The only negative was we practiced between two soccer practices and I can say: soccer moms >>>> baseball moms.

Halftime, bored, so...Got some sinus deal going and as the day goes on things loosen up in there, and all the guck from the prior night gathers into a big, chunky one which finally drops down into the back of my throat... utter bliss because I get to uncharnel the beast into the nearest sink and examine it. I enjoy this knowing it's left my body, I do. This time though, I was too lazy to leave the couch and I noticed my nearby mug was empty to boot. So I hack that sucker up into the mug and return to Fro's fabulous song bracket. It was brown at the core with green surrounding it (like Saturn, maybe?) and very thick, btw, I'm sick.Anyway, I woke up a little later after a cat-nap feeling hungry. Lumbered into the kitchen to re-heat a slice and get some Arizona Iced Tea. Crack a beer, eat the pizza and then go re-heat another one. Run back to the TV cuz I hear CINCI-7 recovering a fumble, I'm excited. Grab my mug of iced tea, take a sip, and swallow. Yep, totally forgot about that thing. The clod must've dislodged from the bottom of the glass eventually (guarantee it was stuck for awhile), and floated to the surface, because I felt it going down my throat, like an oyster. That was nasty. :X
I have an idea of why you are sick

I do too, Cosjobs. But I have to go to Cabo Cantina first; we will talk about this in the morning, I promise.

I'd rather see a football game than Pearl Jam.
wow. you really hate PJ. watching Tevares Jackson makes me physically ill. I think the Seahawks are making it a little too obvious that they want Luck, and they'll do anything to get that #1 pick.

wow. you really hate PJ. watching Tevares Jackson makes me physically ill. I think the Seahawks are making it a little too obvious that they want Luck, and they'll do anything to get that #1 pick.
Football is football.I don't hate PJ, I just think they're kind of dopey. I used to like them. A lot. I even have a copy of this, and apparently there are only 1500 or something. But they lost me with that 2nd album, we just went our separate ways. TeenTruck and PJ grew apart.

Football is football.I don't hate PJ, I just think they're kind of dopey. I used to like them. A lot. I even have a copy of this, and apparently there are only 1500 or something. But they lost me with that 2nd album, we just went our separate ways. TeenTruck and PJ grew apart.
the last time I saw them was 1991. apparently this 20th anniversary thing is a big deal. the seahawks are truly atrocious. I've got access to season seats, so we're going, but I've also been offered free tickets by three different people and this is the home opener.

My new Facebook shtick is cautiously profess adoration for George W. Bush.

As the product of liberal arts graduate programs in both New York and California, you might imagine what many of my friends are like. I (semi-ironically) refer to them as the "liberal urban elite."

:popcorn:

ETA: for example, the first time I did this a discussion about the nature of EVIL erupted, complete with references to Hannah Arendt, Michel Foucault, and Theordore Ardorno, with Bush being painted as a slack-jawed representation of evil, and the term "good ole' boys" (used by me) being equated with the KKK.

Playing Civilization and posting here while a naked teenager is in my bed.

I hate her.
This is the crux of dating younger women. They look great. Often they're acrobats in the sack. But between the ears they're vapid, boring, self-absorbed and annoying as bloody hell.I can't remember the comedian's name, but he did a great bit that summed this up -

"People in their twenties are there to look better than people in their thirties."

- The crowd laughs -

"So people in your twenties, strike a pose....and shut the f!@k up!"

Would you like to part with that single? It's the only one I don't have b/c I was too cheap to pay $5 to join the fan club when I was 13

Halftime, bored, so...Got some sinus deal going and as the day goes on things loosen up in there, and all the guck from the prior night gathers into a big, chunky one which finally drops down into the back of my throat... utter bliss because I get to uncharnel the beast into the nearest sink and examine it. I enjoy this knowing it's left my body, I do. This time though, I was too lazy to leave the couch and I noticed my nearby mug was empty to boot. So I hack that sucker up into the mug and return to Fro's fabulous song bracket. It was brown at the core with green surrounding it (like Saturn, maybe?) and very thick, btw, I'm sick.Anyway, I woke up a little later after a cat-nap feeling hungry. Lumbered into the kitchen to re-heat a slice and get some Arizona Iced Tea. Crack a beer, eat the pizza and then go re-heat another one. Run back to the TV cuz I hear CINCI-7 recovering a fumble, I'm excited. Grab my mug of iced tea, take a sip, and swallow. Yep, totally forgot about that thing. The clod must've dislodged from the bottom of the glass eventually (guarantee it was stuck for awhile), and floated to the surface, because I felt it going down my throat, like an oyster. That was nasty. :X
:vomit:

It's a common thing for people in the southwest. People in Phoenix go to Rocky Point all the time, and it doesn't seem to have let up much over the years. Something about letting the terrorists win, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread