What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (7 Viewers)

I'm still working up the courage to have Taco Bell breakfast
I haven't had Taco Bell in 20 years. I had friends that worked at one when we were in HS. Deplorable standards. No thanks.
Oh, I drink a lot
Which is why I love you. :hifive:

I'm still working up the courage to have Taco Bell breakfast
I haven't had Taco Bell in 20 years. I had friends that worked at one when we were in HS. Deplorable standards. No thanks.
You have to come to California to get real, authentic Taco Bell. It's delicious.
We have plenty "real" Mexican joints around here. That's where I go when I need my fix.
You poor *******. You probably have "real" sushi joints in the center of the country too.....please come to SoCal for a dodger/cards series
I would like to reply to this but I gotta help pa with the still and then there's banjo playin' to do.

Guster> parade tomorrow?
No plans for it right now, but will likely take a half day to go watch and maybe try to scalp a ticket for the game. You going? Where are you watching?

Going to MOTR for the C Trent show tonight to get into the baseball spirit :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the shtick that Mexican food is only good or authentic in California. No Mexicans in Chicago.
To say nothing of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
Typically it's just good policy to say nothing of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
I kind of like New Mexico
If you'd like to petition for a waiver for New Mexico submit something in writing and the committee will get back to you in six to eight weeks.

my neighbor travels weekly for business. he has to go to yuma, az every 6 weeks or so, he has a saying now that is part of the neighborhood schtick. " when you go to yuma, don't get sushi" dude had the ####s for a week

I love the shtick that Mexican food is only good or authentic in California. No Mexicans in Chicago.
illinois and missouri, where america goes for mexican food!
Only city with more Mexicans than Chicago is LA. Amazing how such a complicated cuisine can't be transferred any place more than an hour from the border.
What's the really good Mexican place you go to in Chicago?

I'm too lazy to find the tesla thread, but the gMtan-level snark in Fridays press release and accompanying videos is worth finding. In short, they have addressed the "worry" that the cars are prone to fire by putting a titanium plate on the bottom of each car that is strong enough to shatter concrete. It's pretty bad ###.

wrong mexicans
Only Baja Mexicans can cook?
Yep. Mainland Mexico food is entirely different and inferior to Baja Mexican food. That's why the southern Californians are so adamant that the rest of the country's Mexican food sucks

wrong mexicans
Yep. Mainland Mexico food is entirely different and inferior to Baja Mexican food. That's why the southern Californians are so adamant that the rest of the country's Mexican food sucks
Sonorans will be surprised to hear this. Particularly given that a huge amount of L.A.'s Mexican food is heavily Sonoran influenced.

wrong mexicans
Sonorans will be surprised to hear this. Particularly given that a huge amount of L.A.'s Mexican food is heavily Sonoran influenced.
LA's Mexican food sucks. Quality drops heavily at Camp Pendleton. By the time you're through Orange County it starts to be the same as the rest of the country

There are a startling number of excellent Mexican food places in Austin. And a startling number of excellent Tex Mex places. And southwestern places. And no, they aren't the same.

wrong mexicans
LA's Mexican food sucks. Quality drops heavily at Camp Pendleton. By the time you're through Orange County it starts to be the same as the rest of the country
So... all that great California Mexican food is south of Orange County?

Guster> parade tomorrow?
No plans for it right now, but will likely take a half day to go watch and maybe try to scalp a ticket for the game. You going? Where are you watching?

Going to MOTR for the C Trent show tonight to get into the baseball spirit :thumbup:
Taking kids to parade. May try Washington park if, since they'll have food and I'm hoping restrooms.

Have to come back north to watch actual game. Have tickets for Wednesday night. May have one for you.

wrong mexicans
. Yep. And a little in Arizona and Nevada. The rest is the wrong Mexicans

awesomness. possible gmtan member was in line....places like this are everywhere. and the more mexicans/latinos that eat at a place, the better the food is. and lols at baja food being the best

wrong mexicans
. Yep. And a little in Arizona and Nevada. The rest is the wrong Mexicans
Thinking Baja Mexican ia the best certainly fits with most socal cuisine.

Only city with more Mexicans than Chicago is LA. Amazing how such a complicated cuisine can't be transferred any place more than an hour from the border.
What's the really good Mexican place you go to in Chicago?
Tons of places in west town / east village. Traspasada on Ashland and Chicago ave is one place.

I'm drunk but I truly believe that music can change the world. You don't feel an ounce of hate when a really good song is on. You don't even need to understand the lyrics. You just understand.
I only listen to Neo-Nazi death metal.
####### Stevie Wonder man. Damn.
Stevie is my god.

started the spring gardening today. absolutely gorgeous out!! got my daughter excited about doing a big project during her spring break. she loves to pick out the flowers and what not, and now that she's a little older, i can have her help! she actually raked things into a nice pile today! :D
:jealousfinger:Did the earthquake do any damage to you? You're in SoCal, right?
No damage. I'm about 40 miles south of the epicenter. It shook my parents pretty good in their 5 story building, built in 1912, 10 miles or less from the epicenter. But no damage.

I blame krista for all this shaking..........
I'm losing weight! :hot:

We still really giving stuff up for lent? You also collecting two of each animal and building a boat?
:lmao:

Ah hell. Can't reply well on phone but I'm interested to see a link with Mexican population listing Chicago 2nd.
I might have overstated it, but they are way up there.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/08/29/hispanic-population-in-select-u-s-metropolitan-areas-2011/

Wikipedia says Chicago is 4th after LA, San Antonio, and Houston.

This article from 2001 does say they were 2nd: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-05-10/news/0105100211_1_mexican-hispanic-census

A decade of surging immigration from Mexico has helped Chicago vault past Houston and San Antonio to make its Mexican community the second largest in the nation after Los Angeles.
I guess other cities have passed us since then. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
guru_007 said:
Ah hell. Can't reply well on phone but I'm interested to see a link with Mexican population listing Chicago 2nd.
I might have overstated it, but they are way up there.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/08/29/hispanic-population-in-select-u-s-metropolitan-areas-2011/

Wikipedia says Chicago is 4th after LA, San Antonio, and Houston.

This article from 2001 does say they were 2nd: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-05-10/news/0105100211_1_mexican-hispanic-census

A decade of surging immigration from Mexico has helped Chicago vault past Houston and San Antonio to make its Mexican community the second largest in the nation after Los Angeles.
I guess other cities have passed us since then. :shrug:
Do you ever get tired of your lies?

Users who are viewing this thread