What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Durant will win a couple championships before it's all said and done, if they can get Westbrook the hell out of the way. Another night of taking 8 more shots than Durant and only 5 assists. Pretty sure he doesn't get it.

At least we NEVER have to hear Mavs fans whine about officiating again.
Except that bull#### call on Chandler just now...even JVG doesn't agree with it.Edit: I meant Mark Jackson. Got Van Gundy on the mind
Nope, Mavs fans whining rights have been revoked. 1 call doesn't equate to the abortion this 4th quarter has been. (not even mentioning other games in the series)
You mean the games like Game 3 where the Mavs won even though OKC only had 2 fouls called on them from 10 to go in the 2nd quarter until 2 to go in the 3rd quarter? When they were so amazingly clean that they were foul-free for a solid 20 minutes straight of basketball? :lmao: Get outa here haha

Durant will win a couple championships before it's all said and done, if they can get Westbrook the hell out of the way. Another night of taking 8 more shots than Durant and only 5 assists. Pretty sure he doesn't get it.
IMO he played light years better in this game (until the 4th quarter). He was getting to the rim a lot, which is not the same as previous games where he was putting up pull up jumpers.

These postgame interviews from Dirk this postseason are pretty impressive. He's definitely become more of a leader in recent years.

Major props to OKC for balling the way they did. I bet Dallas on the money line pretty heavy because I figured the Thunder would be psychologically defeated after the crushing loss in game 4. I didn't expect this effort at all. I was sick to my stomach for the first 45 minutes, but then OKC managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again.

And yeah, Westbrook's quicks are just silly.

Thunder will be a better team when the offense is going through James Harden.

He's a much better facilitator than Westbrook and can also get to the rim whenever he wants. think he's a budding superstar and his "old man's game" is a perfect fit on that team. OKC will have a "Big 3" by the end of next year. No reason he shouldn't be getting 35+ mins/game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big three will dominate. Lebron could defend anyone on the court and is too quick for Marion. Wade vs Terry will be great fun but i think Wade got that defensive advatage and is going to shut down that old man. Bosh and Dirk is obviously Dirk but Bosh could do good on offense sometimes. I think Miami will really put the pressure on the Dirk with Haslem and double teams. Bibby and Chalmers better do a great job of double teaming Dirk and harrasing him. Marion was just lucky. Kidd could be an offensive force if he gets on fire but i don't think that would happen. Great final, no hope on the Bulls coming back.

Memphis vs Heat would have been so fun.

Mike Conley vs Mike Bibby

OJ Mayo vs Dwyane Wade

Lebron James vs Sam Young

Zach Randolph vs Chris Bosh

Marc Gasol vs Joel Anthony

great matchups for both teams

Thunder vs Heat

Russel Westbrook vs Mike Bibby

Thebo Sefelosha vs Dwyane Wade

Lebron James vs Kevin Durant

Serge Ibaka vs Chris BOsh

Kendrick Perkins vs Joel Anthony

shooting guards are both great defenders, best in the business. Centers would have been all physicality and defense. Lebron vs Durant... Wow, that would have been a huge shootout. Bosh vs Ibaka, great fun. Ibaka would block like 5 of his shots a game. Maynor and Westbrook is one of the best point guard duos in the league.

Heat in 6.LeBron is the best player on the planet right now at both ends of the court.
On defense, yes he is the best player, but on the offensive end there's been no one better than Dirk in the playoffs. That being said, I have a feeling when they put LeBron on him it's going to give Dirk a lot of problems. Collison was fairly effective against Dirk getting right up in his grill, and James will do the same, but with much more athleticism.

Wade vs Terry will be great fun but i think Wade got that defensive advatage and is going to shut down that old man.
Whose the old man?!Wade is probably 3-4 years younger than Terry with much more wear than Terry. Not so sure whose the "older" player, but Wade has a lot of tread on the tiresETA: and Wade is a better player. Thats the difference, not age

Heat in 6.LeBron is the best player on the planet right now at both ends of the court.
On defense, yes he is the best player, but on the offensive end there's been no one better than Dirk in the playoffs. That being said, I have a feeling when they put LeBron on him it's going to give Dirk a lot of problems. Collison was fairly effective against Dirk getting right up in his grill, and James will do the same, but with much more athleticism.
Most impressive performance these playoffs IMO was Lebron Game 4 vs. Chicago. When push came to shove, he made Rose look downright silly and timid.I expect Lebron to be absolutely dominant in the Finals. Whether he guards Dirk, Marion, Kidd or Fat Lever.-----------------------------------------------2011 Playoffs StatisticsPPG25.9 RPG8.70 APG5.4 EFF+ 28.29 (Lebron)PPG28.6 RPG7.40 APG2.9 EFF+ 27.36 (Dirk)Dirk had the single best offensive performance this postseason (really no questioning that as it arguably could be the best ever), but give me Lebron head-2-head. I fail to see anyone that'll give him a struggle next round (He's torn apart Deng -- who is a vastly superior defender than anything Dallas can offer). I can see Lebron giving Dirk fits. :shrug:

'Grady Wilson said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Dirk averaged 32 points for this series and was held to under 26 in 1/5 games his season avg was only 23 so I dont think its fair to say Collison was fairly effective perhaps fairly ineffective would be more appropriate.

'sihaokills said:
Memphis vs Heat would have been so fun. Mike Conley vs Mike BibbyOJ Mayo vs Dwyane WadeLebron James vs Sam YoungZach Randolph vs Chris BoshMarc Gasol vs Joel Anthonygreat matchups for both teamsThunder vs HeatRussel Westbrook vs Mike BibbyThebo Sefelosha vs Dwyane WadeLebron James vs Kevin DurantSerge Ibaka vs Chris BOshKendrick Perkins vs Joel Anthonyshooting guards are both great defenders, best in the business. Centers would have been all physicality and defense. Lebron vs Durant... Wow, that would have been a huge shootout. Bosh vs Ibaka, great fun. Ibaka would block like 5 of his shots a game. Maynor and Westbrook is one of the best point guard duos in the league.
This is fine and dandy for the hard core basketball junkie, but there's no question that once the Lakers were eliminated, Mavs vs. Heat became the dream matchup from a ratings/storyline standpoint. You've got the most hated team in the league vs. a team with at least 4 veterans in the rotation going for their first title after coming close before (Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja). This creates a good vs. bad scenario that no other matchup- not even OKC- would have offered. You've got two sizable markets. And you've got the 2006 Finals as backdrop. Assuming the Heat close out the Bulls, the media's gonna have a field day.

It never happens b/c it's not realistic. Do you really think a bunch of FFA message board nerds know more about last second NBA X's and O's than ALL of the coaches in the NBA over the past 50 years?
Do you really think a bunch of FFA message board nerds know more about 4th down decisionmaking than ALL the coaches in the NFL over the past 50 years?Because they do, and it's not close.

Here's the deal: Winning is not the ultimate motivator. Keeping a roof over your family's head and food on their table is the ultimate motivator. No basketball coach ever got fired for giving the ball to the star and letting him take the last shot. Another motivator- probably third on the list after keeping your job and winning- is avoiding stress and annoyance, like the kind that accompanies questions from the media, fans and your boss when you make unorthodox strategy decisions.

I know you said winning was great risk aversion, but that assumes that the higher percentage play will always work and the lower percentage play will never work, and that's obviously not the case.

If Leboob has any goodness in his heart, he'll let Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, Peja, etc win the title this year and then just win the next 5 for himself.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'sihaokills said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Heat in 6.

LeBron is the best player on the planet right now at both ends of the court.
what?? no way, Dirk is by far the best player in the world. He could dribble, spin, dunk, layup, and obviously shoot. Look at his free throw stats, they're unreal.
Until Dirk makes an MVP* look like a Special Olympian on offense, then we talk.
This is like using the "R word". Pretty pathetic to take it there.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'sihaokills said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Heat in 6.

LeBron is the best player on the planet right now at both ends of the court.
what?? no way, Dirk is by far the best player in the world. He could dribble, spin, dunk, layup, and obviously shoot. Look at his free throw stats, they're unreal.
Until Dirk makes an MVP* look like a Special Olympian on offense, then we talk.
This is like using the "R word". Pretty pathetic to take it there.
Agreed.

The terrible "Mike Brown offense" was as statistically dominant as the loaded Wade-LeBron-Bosh offense. He's only been coaching for 5 years and has a 42-29 record in the playoffs. I don't see how hiring an unnamed unproven guy would have been a superior hire.
Shouldn't you be listing how many of those wins are against teams with 50 wins or more?It's funny how, prior to this postseason, you always dogged LeBron James' playoff record, using his lack of wins over 50+ win teams, but now those wins against .500 teams in the playoffs apparently mean a lot since you are trying to stroke Mike Brown. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread