What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let me introduce your next Heisman winner........ (1 Viewer)

With the trend towards high scoring spread offenses (letting even decent QB's put up huge numbers) and most big time teams having multiple talented running backs (allowing them to go RBBC and save their true stud from 30 carry-per-game punishment) I think its going to be a very long time before we see a non-QB win it

I don't know who's gonna win it this year, but I'm pretty sure its going to be a QB.

You must not read the college football thread much. We were talking this kid up last year. And when I mean last year I don't mean when he dropped two very catchable balls in game one and threw up all over himself. I mean backstage the McDonalds game when he finally declared for LSU.

That being said, you are not wrong. This kid is the real deal and is going to have a monster season. I still think LSU has one more year of seasoning on the horizon but they are going to be frightening in 2016 and this kids going to lead the charge to a NC run.

Oh.... And you really can't take a player with the third shortest odds to with the hiesman and say "you heard it here first".

For the record I agree with the idea that a QB will almost always win this award going forward. As such I think Boykin should be the favorite but at 5.5-1 isn't worth the bet. I think the Value is on Russel at 33-1 as I see Baylor/TCU as both being undefeated when they play the week of Thanksging. I also like Kessler at 11-1 as I think USC should win the Pac-12 and be in the playoffs.

Edit: Pac 12, not 10. Showing my advanced age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the insight Ref. I do read that thread, and was being facetious. With that being said I am right there with you. I heard about him a few years back when he was at St. Aug in New Orleans. He had been a stud there all 4 years. He was between Bama, LSU, and Texas. The rumors around here were if Saban would have jumped ship he may have went to Texas. There is a good read out there on how the wives between LSU and Bama were battling it out also.

Mark this one down.

Dylan Moses......

As excited as I am by this idea, Fournette does have some issues, but one is he is coached by Miles and that's related to the 2nd issue which is that the Tigers could be severely hampered by poor QB play. Again.

RC94 said:
Isn't Moses a linebacker? I don't see a LB winning the Heisman.
projected to be one. He has the college build of one right now as a sophomore.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
As excited as I am by this idea, Fournette does have some issues, but one is he is coached by Miles and that's related to the 2nd issue which is that the Tigers could be severely hampered by poor QB play. Again.
Any Bootys left in the pipeline?

Users who are viewing this thread