What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TO's latest comments (1 Viewer)

5Rings

Lurker
From Terrell Owens' Website
Hey T.O.,I just want to congragulate u on an awesome season so far. I dont get why so many people dont like u. Especially ESPN. They are always saying bad stuff about u. On NFL Primetime tonight Tom Jackson said he wasnt sure if he believes u that u were just calming down donavan on the sidelines during the game. Now i"m sure they will make a big deal about it this week. Thanks for a great season so far T.O. Forget about tadays game and move one and bring us a Super Bowl/Thanks for everything,Brad
TO
WHO CARES WHT "UNCLE" TOM SAYS, HE WSN'T ON THE SIDELINES, HE'S JUS HATIN LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, SO GO FIGURE!!!!!
:eek: :bag:

Let it go. Nobody cares anymore. The media is looking for headline material to boost ratings. They don't really care what he says. Don't get caught up in the hype. :boxing:

Traditionally, I've been a T.O. hater but my views have began to change recently. T.O. is kinda of like Mike Tyson to me. I've never liked either of them but I just can't wait to see what they do next. It's great. Just when you think they couldn't be any dumber, they surprise with something else. I love it. Keep it up T.O. :thumbup:

My guess is that if TO does that again to McNabb on the sidelines, Donavan is likely to give him a good shove or WORSE :lol: I've never seen an athlete grandstand more than TO since Muhammad Ali. At least with Ali we knew it was a show. With TO, he's just an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
TO is an athlete who speaks his mind. I would be willing to bet there are a WHOLE lot of athletes who feel the same way as TO but either a) dont want to speak their mind, or b) no one cares when they do speak their mind.Would you rather TO not spoke his mind?

My guess is that if TO does that again to McNabb on the sidelines, Donavan is likely to give him a good shove or WORSE :lol: I've never seen an athlete grandstand more than TO since Muhammad Ali. At least with Ali we knew it was a show. With TO, he's just an idiot.
JU,I value your posts on this board. I dont understand where all this blind hate for TO comes. Are you a slighted ravens fan?

Everyone in this world is different, and TO has every right to be himself. But when it comes down to who leaves the bigger legacy from the NFL, a flamboyant, spectacular athlete like TO or a spectacular athlete who is also a leader on and off the field like Ozzie Newsome, Oz wins hands down.

TO needs to accept the fact that his team was taken to the woodshed. He was disappointed because Donovan couldn't find him on certain patterns, or he underthrew him or he looked to the outlet pass instead of him. He needs to lose with the team just as he wins with the team. To be in McNabb's grill on the sidelines like that, pleading for the ball, when all McNabb is trying to do is run for his life reminds me oh too much of the following....1. Michael Irvin2. Keyshawn Johnson(funny how Dallas has a tie to those two clowns)Chad Johnson is getting that way - hopefully Marvin Lewis will set him straight. Andy Reid said he doesn't mind TO's antics as long as it doesn't get the team a 15-yd penalty. Let me ask you this - when should he start minding, because if he allows this to continue, it will affect the team.

My guess is that if TO does that again to McNabb on the sidelines, Donavan is likely to give him a good shove or WORSE  :lol:    I've never seen an athlete grandstand more than TO since Muhammad Ali.  At least with Ali we knew it was a show.  With TO, he's just an idiot.
JU,I value your posts on this board. I dont understand where all this blind hate for TO comes. Are you a slighted ravens fan?
Actually, I just traded for TO :) and I'm a Colts fan, not a Ravens fan.I don't hate him, I just think McNabb should have punched him in the mouth when TO was jawing with him on the sidelines. Who does Owens think he is, that he can say whatever pops into that pea brain of his? Can you or I go to work and speak our minds completely? Hell no we can't if we expect to keep our jobs. Common sense and your brain should rule over your mouth.

Owens had has suffered from a inferiority complex since he was very young, he even admitted it. That being said the behavior is to try and boost your self image through grandstanding and the constant need to fuel his attention needs! TO is getting like Rodman..is was kind of funny at first, but it is getting real old fast!

I never really paid much attention to the guy when he was in SF. Did he always make so many negative personal comments on some very politically incorrect subjects about other people, or is that a new thing?We've had the Garcia "Rat" discussion, Ozzie Newsome and the "black man from Alabama" comments, now he says Jackson is "Uncle Tom." Has he always crossed the line on these types of subjects, or is it a recent addition to the TO shtick?

Owens had has suffered from a inferiority complex since he was very young, he even admitted it. That being said the behavior is to try and boost your self image through grandstanding and the constant need to fuel his attention needs! TO is getting like Rodman..is was kind of funny at first, but it is getting real old fast!
:goodposting: ...and that is a sad statement.A guy blessed with so much talent and cursed with some real emotional issues.There are two things you don't need a medical degree to determine - dead and crazy. TO is crazy.

TO is an athlete who speaks his mind. I would be willing to bet there are a WHOLE lot of athletes who feel the same way as TO but either a) dont want to speak their mind, or b) no one cares when they do speak their mind.Would you rather TO not spoke his mind?
You sound like you would defend TO no matter what he said or did just because he catches passes for the Eagles. You might want to get a bit more perspective on this.

So one of TO's reasons for not going to the Ravens was because of Ozzie Newsome's "racist" comments. Then TO goes ahead and calls Tom Jackson an "Uncle Tom" Pardon the pun but :potkettle:

My guess is that if TO does that again to McNabb on the sidelines, Donavan is likely to give him a good shove or WORSE  :lol:    I've never seen an athlete grandstand more than TO since Muhammad Ali.  At least with Ali we knew it was a show.  With TO, he's just an idiot.
Actually, I just traded for TO :) and I'm a Colts fan, not a Ravens fan.I don't hate him, I just think McNabb should have punched him in the mouth when TO was jawing with him on the sidelines. Who does Owens think he is, that he can say whatever pops into that pea brain of his? Can you or I go to work and speak our minds completely? Hell no we can't if we expect to keep our jobs. Common sense and your brain should rule over your mouth.
Doesn't Randy Moss yell at CPep a lot? Don't remember so much media hype over that. Besides, its not like TO shoved McNabb or anything. Didn't that blow over pretty quick in Indy?The name "Owens" just draws so much more attention.

TO is an athlete who speaks his mind. I would be willing to bet there are a WHOLE lot of athletes who feel the same way as TO but either a) dont want to speak their mind, or b) no one cares when they do speak their mind.
or more likely c) they shut their mouths because running their mouths hurts the team and they understand that football is the ultimate team game, and they instead suck it up & try to do even more in an effort to allow the team to succeed.

I knew he was an ###. Now I know he's an illiterate ###.
With the reference to "Uncle Tom", I would have to say that implies literacy.Now his spelling and grammar skills might be questionable...

The thing I never liked about TO was that everytime the Niners lost, it was because they didn't throw him the ball enough. It was never that he dropped a key pass.

Best to be silent and thought possibly stupid than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Some could argue that TO is a racist and bigot with his comments about Garcia and Tom Jackson.

Best to be silent and thought possibly stupid than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Some could argue that TO is a racist and bigot with his comments about Garcia and Tom Jackson.
:fishing:
Not a fishing trip at all. I'm just stating a fact.
Then whats the point of the fact? Some might say the same thing about you? Im not saying that, but some might...
I'm not making public comments that certain individuals are "gay" or calling them "Uncle Tom". If I did, then it would be reasonable for some to think I was a racist or a bigot. What part of that don't you understand?

Then whats the point of the fact? Some might say the same thing about you? Im not saying that, but some might...
I'm not making public comments that certain individuals are "gay" or calling them "Uncle Tom". If I did, then it would be reasonable for some to think I was a racist or a bigot.
He makes a good point

I'm not making public comments that certain individuals are "gay" or calling them "Uncle Tom". If I did, then it would be reasonable for some to think I was a racist or a bigot. What part of that don't you understand?
My point is that "Some" could say anything about anyone. If you are saying it thats one thing, if you are suggesting someone else is saying it is one thing. To say that "some" could say that is saying nothing.

Precisely. Many people think it, and I will say it: T.O. is a bigot and a racist. I think he's actually getting a pass on his comments for reasons that are probably better explicated in another discussion.Nonetheless, his comments have certainly been appauling, whether he's "just playin'" or whether he actually means them (and, I think it's a slam dunk that it's the latter). Let us not confuse the issue of "free speech" with the fact that most folks think he's an a-whole*. He's more than free to say whatever he wants. He just doesn't understand or recognize that the balance of reasonable people are also free to be critical of and look down on him for what he says.*Edited to take care of the "whole" language issue.

My point is that "Some" could say anything about anyone. If you are saying it thats one thing, if you are suggesting someone else is saying it is one thing. To say that "some" could say that is saying nothing.
Your not making good arguments. Read your posts again :bag:

And, if you had any comment by Johnny U where you could point out his racism or bigotry, you'd be justified in calling him such. But, since you don't, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on to label him a racist or a bigot. We have more than a handful of T.O. comments on record that clearly demonstrate that he is both.

And, if you had any comment by Johnny U where you could point out his racism or bigotry, you'd be justified in calling him such. But, since you don't, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on to label him a racist or a bigot. We have more than a handful of T.O. comments on record that clearly demonstrate that he is both.
Who said anything about having a leg to stand on? I just said "some" could say anything about anyone? I do not believe that Johnny is a racist or a bigot. I did say that "some" could say that about him. They would not be justified in that statement. But they could still say it. I dont see what is so hard to understand here? :confused:

Who said anything about having a leg to stand on? I just said "some" could say anything about anyone? I do not believe that Johnny is a racist or a bigot. I did say that "some" could say that about him. They would not be justified in that statement. But they could still say it. I dont see what is so hard to understand here? :confused:
Ok, I'll give in and say you are right that anyone could say anything about anyone, ok? However, if I know for a fact that someone calls another guy "gay" or another "Uncle Tom", it is not unreasonable to think of that person as a racist or bigot. If one person calls another person a racist or bigot without ever hearing him say a racist or bigot remark, then I would have to say their comments are unreasonable to the normal person.

Your not making good arguments. Read your posts again :bag:
My head does hurt now! I didn't intend the post to steer the thread in the direction it did. I just thought your post would have been better stated if you suggested that you thought this about T.O. instead of the vague "Some". It seemed like an obvious fishing trip to get things riled up in here.Anyways - apparently I was wrong.

With the reference to "Uncle Tom", I would have to say that implies literacy.Now his spelling and grammar skills might be questionable...
Just because he knows what the term means doesn't mean that he knows where its from.

Ok, I'll give in and say you are right that anyone could say anything about anyone, ok? However, if I know for a fact that someone calls another guy "gay" or another "Uncle Tom", it is not unreasonable to think of that person as a racist or bigot. If someone makes a remark about someone without ever hearing them say a racist or bigot remark, then I would have to say their comments are unreasonable to the normal person.
See above... no misdirection intended...

Just because he knows what the term means doesn't mean that he knows where its from.
Im getting eaten alive in here!(That was a joke... Uncle Tom, character in a book, illiterate, funny?... nevermind)

What I don't understand is your non-sequitor. If people can call TO a "racist" and a "bigot" and have his comments to support the label, then how is it a valid comparison to say anyone can call JU a "racist" and a "bigot" if they have no comments of his to support the labels?I don't think anyone is arguing that you can't say something disparaging about anybody. The difference is that those who are critical of T.O. have plenty of evidence to make the labels stick. By contrast, you (or anyone) wouldn't have a leg to stand on to call JU any of things.

Jiminy Christmas!Okay, I'll say it:

Terrell Owens is both a bigot and a racist.

There you go, no parsing meanings or mincing words.

:goodposting: And, I'll say it again, myself:

Terrell Owens is a racist and a bigot.

No ambiguity here. Good wide receiver. Bad human being.

Yes.Nice signature. :P

My point is that "Some" could say anything about anyone.  If you are saying it thats one thing, if you are suggesting someone else is saying it is one thing.  To say that "some" could say that is saying nothing.

:goodposting: And, I'll say it again, myself:

Terrell Owens is a racist and a bigot.

No ambiguity here. Good wide receiver. Bad human being.
:thumbup: I agree with that :thumbup:

Ok - what are you trying to say here? Is this stuff some sort of code? Does this really mean the opposite of what you say?

:loco:

:P
No.It means that I have a slight mental impetiment. Drinking seems to help it though.

;)

The name "Owens" just draws so much more attention.
Is this because his name is "Owens" or because he has drawn attention TO HIMSELF for years with all of his asinine comments?Nice sig, by the way. :D

Users who are viewing this thread