What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

Are they nuts going crazy over valentina vaughn?It's all relative, obviously, but to act like she is the hottest chick ever is insane.
Have you seen her before? She is insanly hot IMO!
I normally find these type of segments boring but I watched the Valentina Vaughn segment on HowardTV and it was captivating. At first glance you wouldn't even say she was one of the top 10 hottest chicks in studio. But the more I watched the hotter she got. Her mannerisms were just so sexy. The way she leaned and her facial expressions. Girl definetly had something going on that you rarely see. She somehow manages not to come off as slutty.It seems like every chick that comes in they say is the hottest girl they've ever had in. But in this case it may have been true.

What do you think of the story O and A had today about Stern using fake callers? Apparently its a service Mancow and him both use where callers kind of. Insaenly lame to me, the link to the calls is on this page:

http://www.electriceelman.com/radio-guests.html
I am looking for the 42 page O&A thread to read more about this, but I can't find it.
I am not blindly loyal to either show, but you really dodged the question here. I'll bold it for you so you can try again.

What do you think of the story O and A had today about Stern using fake callers? Apparently its a service Mancow and him both use where callers kind of. Insaenly lame to me, the link to the calls is on this page:

I am looking for the 42 page O&A thread to read more about this, but I can't find it.
I am not blindly loyal to either show, but you really dodged the question here. I'll bold it for you so you can try again.
Most of Howard's callers are regulars who call in all the time. King of All Blacks, Double-A, Jeff, Marianne, Zolar. The callers, besides the regulars, are of very little consequence.

I read the site and where does it say that callers are fake? This is a site that finds wacky people and gets them interviews on radio shows, a middleman between the wacky and the show. I fail to see how they are lame? Howard has setup calls all the time, where they call the guest and then do the phone interview, and not portrayed as an innocent incoming call. Also, I wonder where they get the "guests" for the Jack & Rod show bits that Richard and Sal do. Now if you want to stir things up, you can talk about how the site no longer lists Howard as a buyer of their services and get the conspiracy theories out there.

chet said:
How was the segment with Sal, his wife and the counsellor?
I thought it would be better. I kind of found it boring, although Sal did find a coupleof ways to insult the wife, which is always entertaining.

I read the site and where does it say that callers are fake? This is a site that finds wacky people and gets them interviews on radio shows, a middleman between the wacky and the show. I fail to see how they are lame? Howard has setup calls all the time, where they call the guest and then do the phone interview, and not portrayed as an innocent incoming call. Also, I wonder where they get the "guests" for the Jack & Rod show bits that Richard and Sal do. Now if you want to stir things up, you can talk about how the site no longer lists Howard as a buyer of their services and get the conspiracy theories out there.
Yeah, I was trying to figure that out myself. I thought about this again based on yesterday's segment with the Ethics professor who slept with his students. Seemed impossible.The site above has changed since it was originally posted, though, because it no longer states which callers were on the Stern Show before. I know that they claimed responsibility for a pregnant mother who said she thinks it's fine to drink and smoke and a grade-school teacher who thinks it's fine to show his erections to the class. At the time I heard them, there seemed no way they could be real.

Regarding the guests for some of the segments on the "Jack & Rod" show, most of these guests are authors who put out their own books. Stern had mentioned before that the show gets sent a list of these type of people and authors to promote their books.

Listening to O&A today (as I normally do on fridays cause the tapes they play on stern are very hit or miss), heard an interesting development:

Anthony, for a few minutes, actually acknowledged the Stern show, did a play-by-play of an old Billy West bit for several minutes and went on to say how it was one of the funniest radio bits ever.

First off I was :shock:

Then, it dawned on me. Maybe they finally have realized that paying homage to Stern (to a certain extent) and playing up the fact that they are a direct descendants of that show (literally now) will get them more fringe listeners than doing the whole O&A army we hate stern bit.

They are pretty savy guys, curious if it was a management thing or something they decided to do on their own.

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to O&A today (as I normally do on fridays cause the tapes they play on stern are very hit or miss), heard an interesting development:Anthony, for a few minutes, actually acknowledged the Stern show, did a play-by-play of an old Billy West bit for several minutes and went on to say how it was one of the funniest radio bits ever.First off I was :shock: Then, it dawned on me. Maybe they finally have realized that paying homage to Stern (to a certain extent) and playing up the fact that they are a direct descendants of that show (literally now) will get them more fringe listeners than doing the whole O&A army we hate stern bit.They are pretty savy guys, curious if it was a management thing or something they decided to do on their own. :shrug:
I've heard them praise the show's Jackie/Billy days before. Pretty sure they've never been fans of Robin.

Listening to O&A today (as I normally do on fridays cause the tapes they play on stern are very hit or miss), heard an interesting development:Anthony, for a few minutes, actually acknowledged the Stern show, did a play-by-play of an old Billy West bit for several minutes and went on to say how it was one of the funniest radio bits ever.First off I was :shock: Then, it dawned on me. Maybe they finally have realized that paying homage to Stern (to a certain extent) and playing up the fact that they are a direct descendants of that show (literally now) will get them more fringe listeners than doing the whole O&A army we hate stern bit.They are pretty savy guys, curious if it was a management thing or something they decided to do on their own. :shrug:
Pre-emptive ###-kissing before the merger.

I've heard them praise the show's Jackie/Billy days before. Pretty sure they've never been fans of Robin.
yes, I have too. But this was completely different. Every other time they went down that road it ended, at least in some way, in a stern bash comment.This was like."...ya, that was really neat".I have listened to O&A on and off since pre-syndication. I am telling you, it sounded pretty friggen bizarre. :shock:

Listening to O&A today (as I normally do on fridays cause the tapes they play on stern are very hit or miss), heard an interesting development:

Anthony, for a few minutes, actually acknowledged the Stern show, did a play-by-play of an old Billy West bit for several minutes and went on to say how it was one of the funniest radio bits ever.

Then, it dawned on me. Maybe they finally have realized that paying homage to Stern (to a certain extent) and playing up the fact that they are a direct descendants of that show (literally now) will get them more fringe listeners than doing the whole O&A army we hate stern bit.

They are pretty savy guys, curious if it was a management thing or something they decided to do on their own.

:shrug:
Who is?

:yawn:
Who is?
I am.

funny thing today was to hear Jessica Hahn's voice.

She has hit the wall so hard that these days she feels she has to compensate by using that near whisper faux sexy baby voice.

:confused:

First off I was :shrug:

:excited:
Who is?
I am.
What exactly are you a fan of?I get the fact that she probably contributes to the show having a certain dynamic. But I don't think I've ever thought, damn that was a great line, or actually cared about anything that she said.

The Ghost of Common said:
I don't wanna derail the current subject, but is there anything funnier than the clips of that girl crying"PLEEEEEEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME A CHAAAAANCE""We're all SUPERSTARS"*crying noise*I remember when she was on, top 5 guest of all time, so hilarious.They need more phony phone calls with clips of her voice.
The answer is "no" - there is nothing funnier than that. 3 years later and I always crack up on this. Everytime a girl cries on reality TV, I usually do my Zenaida impression, much to the dismay of my wife.

:mellow:
Who is?
Good point.

I don't wanna derail the current subject, but is there anything funnier than the clips of that girl crying"PLEEEEEEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME A CHAAAAANCE""We're all SUPERSTARS"*crying noise*I remember when she was on, top 5 guest of all time, so hilarious.They need more phony phone calls with clips of her voice.
She is coming back in the studio tomorrow.

as an aside, while the bits can be pretty good at times, I find the most compelling part of the show is when they just talk about ####. Just naturally interesting people sometimes.

Some examples:

- Sal's marital problems

- The discussion this week regarding $ and what guys like Gary and Fred will do if they go off the air in 3 years

- Howard rejecting sex with Beth for chess

When I say this I feel like one of the guys who used to say "I buy Playboy for the articles", but is is true.

:goodposting:

Phony Phone Calls are my favorite part of the show.

There's so many too name.

Either that, or when they have crazy people in the studio and interview them. i.e. Ivy Supersonic, Beetlejuice, the crying chick, etc.

as an aside, while the bits can be pretty good at times, I find the most compelling part of the show is when they just talk about ####. Just naturally interesting people sometimes.Some examples:- Sal's marital problems- The discussion this week regarding $ and what guys like Gary and Fred will do if they go off the air in 3 years- Howard rejecting sex with Beth for chessWhen I say this I feel like one of the guys who used to say "I buy Playboy for the articles", but is is true. :shrug:
:goodposting: Those three things you listed are about the most fascinating things to listen to for me.

She is coming back in the studio tomorrow.
I think they also mentioned Crazy Alice is coming in soon too. That should be great radio. I love that Chicken Bone song they created with her soundbytes.

I can't believe Gary and Fred can't retire at the end of the show. Honestly, as much as he makes, Howard should be ashamed about that.

I think Gary could've if he didn't buy that new big house. I'm suprised that Fred can't though. He has been with Howard for even longer than Gary.

I can't believe Gary and Fred can't retire at the end of the show. Honestly, as much as he makes, Howard should be ashamed about that.
yep. the awkwardness was astounding.Nother thing:loved artie saying "don't worry about it Howard, they are grown men". He is soooo ready for this stint to be over. :rolleyes:

I think Gary could've if he didn't buy that new big house. I'm suprised that Fred can't though. He has been with Howard for even longer than Gary.
I am sure Gary has had the ability to negotiate a better contract each year.Fred, not so much (see Jackie).Can you imagine trying to go into a room and broker a good deal when you are the sound effect guy (he writes a little to, but comeon).I am sure Fred isn't considered "talent" like Robin and Artie and he contracts have reflected that fact.

yep. the awkwardness was astounding.Nother thing:loved artie saying "don't worry about it Howard, they are grown men". He is soooo ready for this stint to be over. :rolleyes:
:lmao: I missed the second half of it. Did they say what they would do afterwards?
not really, Gary said he wouldn't do another radio show because it would inevitably be a step down.He wants to produce/write a TV show like, and this was his example, the Tyra Banks Show.Fred, no talk on what he would do.JD has aspirations to become a TV watcher for the Daily Show or some other clip-oriented show.ETA:Howard's knee jerk self defense reaction for Fred (and to a lesser degree gary) not having money was to call him dumb and talk about his father's saving program.in 2 days you have seen a few facinating glimpses into how that dude's mind works. ;)

Howard's knee jerk self defense reaction for Fred (and to a lesser degree gary) not having money was to call him dumb and talk about his father's saving program.in 2 days you have seen a few facinating glimpses into how that dude's mind works. :popcorn:
I was surprised Fred didn't defend his actions more (as he usually does). Sounds like his money is tied up in real estate and not 401Ks, which is still a valid source of retirement income. Nonetheless, it was awkward with the $ disparity in the room.

Howard's knee jerk self defense reaction for Fred (and to a lesser degree gary) not having money was to call him dumb and talk about his father's saving program.in 2 days you have seen a few facinating glimpses into how that dude's mind works. :lmao:
I was surprised Fred didn't defend his actions more (as he usually does). Sounds like his money is tied up in real estate and not 401Ks, which is still a valid source of retirement income. Nonetheless, it was awkward with the $ disparity in the room.
In part, I think he maybe didn't want to get into that aspect of his life on the air.There was a discussion about this on sternfannetwork. You have to consider the cost of living in New York and how much those guys have really made in their careers. I would doubt that they made more than $100K per year until about 10 years ago. So maybe they made about 1-1.5 million bucks through 1997. Over the past 10 years, I'd estimate their earnings to be between 3-5 million dollars. They have wives, kids and expensive abodes. I read that Fred owns a house in the Hamptons, plus he supposedly tried to set up a clothing business for his wife. At their ages (especially Gary), I'd think they would need about $3 million to really retire forever, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have that.And in terms of the disparity between Howard and them, let's face it, what kind of careers would they have had without Howard? Fred adds a lot to the show, but do you think the show would be a lot less successful without him?

Artie singing that Ann Murray song is just too damn funny.

Robin and Florentine huh.......Interesting

Howard's knee jerk self defense reaction for Fred (and to a lesser degree gary) not having money was to call him dumb and talk about his father's saving program.in 2 days you have seen a few facinating glimpses into how that dude's mind works. :hifive:
In part, I think he maybe didn't want to get into that aspect of his life on the air.There was a discussion about this on sternfannetwork. You have to consider the cost of living in New York and how much those guys have really made in their careers. I would doubt that they made more than $100K per year until about 10 years ago. So maybe they made about 1-1.5 million bucks through 1997. Over the past 10 years, I'd estimate their earnings to be between 3-5 million dollars. They have wives, kids and expensive abodes. I read that Fred owns a house in the Hamptons, plus he supposedly tried to set up a clothing business for his wife. At their ages (especially Gary), I'd think they would need about $3 million to really retire forever, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have that.And in terms of the disparity between Howard and them, let's face it, what kind of careers would they have had without Howard? Fred adds a lot to the show, but do you think the show would be a lot less successful without him?
On the wrap up show the other day Gary was bringing up a "Golden Parachute" theory that Stuttering John held. That upon retirement Howard would give many on the staff a huge bonuse like a mill. I doubt Howard would do this for many on the staff but I would be surprised if he didn't take care of Fred. I could see Howard giving Fred a large enough bonuse that he could retire on it.Supposively Artie gets $1 mill/year. Wonder what Robin gets? I could see $2mill/year.

Stern dominating...

Arbitron ratings for Satellite Radio

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Tags: Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, Ratings, Satellite Radio, Sirius, XM

Satellite Radio RatingsArbitron has released the Spring 2007 ratings for both XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio.

The report breaks out each service's channel by channel data of both cume (short for "cumulative audience" - essentially the unduplicated persons or households listening during a specific period) and AQH (Average Quarter Hour - the average number of persons listening to a station for at least five minutes during a 15-minute period).

XM led significantly with a cume of 10.33 million listeners versus the 6.6 million listeners at Sirius.

But Howard Stern owned the top spot as the most-listened to satellite radio channel with over five times as many listeners as Opie & Anthony:

* Sirius' Howard 100 (ch 100) had a cume of 1.22 million listeners and an AQH of 96,700

* XM's The Virus (ch 202) had a cume of 216,800 listeners and an AQH of 20,800

While Howard 100 was the #1 most listened to satellite radio channel, XM's Top 20 on 20 (ch 20) ranked as #2, with 1.05 million cume listeners and an AQH of 21,800 listeners.

XM's listening is more evenly distributed, while Sirius is more Howard Stern-biased (Howard 101 even had a cume of 502,000 and AQH of 30,700).

Listened to O&A for a bit this morn,

WSP (the philly station that was one of the long time core affiliates) dropped O&A for music.

Interesting to hear them concede that they were the 3rd or 4th rated show in drivetime in Philly.

Poor dudes, they were edgy and funny circa de 1999-2001.

I bet they are gone from K-Rock within the next 12 months. They need to go back to afternoons where they can dominate.

Listened to O&A for a bit this morn,WSP (the philly station that was one of the long time core affiliates) dropped O&A for music.Interesting to hear them concede that they were the 3rd or 4th rated show in drivetime in Philly.Poor dudes, they were edgy and funny circa de 1999-2001.I bet they are gone from K-Rock within the next 12 months. They need to go back to afternoons where they can dominate.
I'm still a fan of the O&A show but I've hated their move to terrestrial radio. They actually tried to convince the listeners that the show was more entertaining when they dance around an issue for 5 minutes so that they wouldn't get dumped by using a questionable word or phrase.You're probably right as far as going back to XM only. I think it was Mel Karmazen who said that satellite programming should be held exclusively for satellite radio.Their other issue is that they have a difficult time attracting advertisers. Unless you have the overwhelming desire to join businesses trying to get you to pawn your jewelry through the mail, buy 'male enhancement' or learn how to live your life debt free there aren't many big advertisers knocking on their door.MrGuy

The only good shock jock radio show anymore is The Toucher and Rich show on WBCN in Boston. Those guys are consistently amazing, every show causes constant fits of laughter because of the ridiculousness of the stunts they pull off.

Everyone should listener to Toucher and Rich at least once in their life.

Users who are viewing this thread