What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

Stern fan but don't have Sirius.  I'm starting a tradition though...

1) Download the day's show from bitorrent in the evening.

2) Transfer to my USB key in the A.M.

3) Take to work and listen to the previous day's show on headphones.

:thumbup:
I did not know that was an option!I went to bittorrent & dowloaded the software.

I'm missing something here though.

How do you listen to a show? I searched and found the show from Friday but I don't hear anything after downloading the file.

TIA
Anyone?
Download Azureus

Just read the details on the Artie thing. Great story, but turns out to be not a great revelation

Just read the details on the Artie thing. Great story, but turns out to be not a great revelation
Wasn't Artie checking with a lawyer about his revelation? Something to do with a statue of limitations? Did he change his revelation or is there some law against threesomes?

Just read the details on the Artie thing.  Great story, but turns out to be not a great revelation
Wasn't Artie checking with a lawyer about his revelation? Something to do with a statue of limitations? Did he change his revelation or is there some law against threesomes?
I was thinking that too today.I guess this is a different story.

I was thinking that too today.I guess this is a different story.
He was checking with a lawyer on when he stole a car. He ended up not going with that one. He did talk about it on the air though, was ok.

Listening to the replay and this Rachel Hunter thing is freakin' hilarious  :lmao:
Oh man.....Howard went off!Dont think Ive ever heard him that pissed
I had to turn it off while Gary was interviewing her at the elevator. I missed his tirade.What about Henry Hill's rape story? :eek:

Better than all the other revelations.

OMG.....was that phony call to the deli today just great? Dry oatmeal.....####.Absolutely hilarious. Had to try not to pee. My sides hurt. I was crying I was laughing so hard. It was great!! :lmao: :lmao:

Listening to the replay and this Rachel Hunter thing is freakin' hilarious :lmao:
Oh man.....Howard went off!Dont think Ive ever heard him that pissed
:goodposting: Dude, I havent laughed that hard in a long time. Talk about a volcano erupting, damn.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: <not enough to do it justice.

Any update on the live stream feed? Shouldn't take this long to figure out the details! Hate being a day behind.

Read an article in the NYPost 2 days ago which said that Sirius may start censoring the show. Satelite radio and cable television are getting a lot of heat from congress.

Read an article in the NYPost 2 days ago which said that Sirius may start censoring the show. Satelite radio and cable television are getting a lot of heat from congress.
Howard refuted that article yesterday.

I lost all respect for Stern over the last three weeks because he refuses to address the fact that Opie & Anthony are tearing him a new cornhole every day. And the worst part is, they are 100% right about everything they say.I thought the one thing that would guarantee he'd say something is when they went after his daugther. He's even letting them get away with using soundbites of her from the Kabbalah performance (My Vah-ginah!!!)What a #### he's become! I guess he realizes this isn't Mark & Brian or John DeBella. O&A fight just as dirty and like I said before, they have the fanbase to combat Stern.

Last edited by a moderator:
they have the fanbase to combat Stern.
:lmao: :rolleyes:ETA: I like the fact he doesnt mention those two fairies. The fact that they attack him shows who is the big dog and who is the ##### dog that likes to yap.

I lost all respect for Stern over the last three weeks because he refuses to address the fact that Opie & Anthony are tearing him a new cornhole every day. And the worst part is, they are 100% right about everything they say.

I thought the one thing that would guarantee he'd say something is when they went after his daugther. He's even letting them get away with using soundbites of her from the Kabbalah performance (My Vah-ginah!!!)

What a #### he's become! I guess he realizes this isn't Mark & Brian or John DeBella. O&A fight just as dirty and like I said before, they have the fanbase to combat Stern.
:lmao: When are you o & a dweebs going to realize that they are insignificant in the Stern world. They dont have the fanbase to rival Stern, they will never come close, status-wise, and thats the end of the story. You people have to get over your obsession.

I lost all respect for Stern over the last three weeks because he refuses to address the fact that Opie & Anthony are tearing him a new cornhole every day. And the worst part is, they are 100% right about everything they say.

I thought the one thing that would guarantee he'd say something is when they went after his daugther. He's even letting them get away with using soundbites of her from the Kabbalah performance (My Vah-ginah!!!)

What a #### he's become! I guess he realizes this isn't Mark & Brian or John DeBella. O&A fight just as dirty and like I said before, they have the fanbase to combat Stern.
:lmao: When are you o & a dweebs going to realize that they are insignificant in the Stern world. They dont have the fanbase to rival Stern, they will never come close, status-wise, and thats the end of the story. You people have to get over your obsession.
O&A have more listeners on a daily basis then Stern does.

This is now true.And FWIW, I find their show to be funnier right now. I subscribe to XM and not to Sirius because of this.

In 10 years, maybe they'll get stale as well. Who knows. But Stern, and I've always been a big fan of both, has run out of gas.

Wow, :yawn: considering he has been on Sirius for three weeks. The last quarter of last year Sirius out sold ** at a 1.1 mil to 900K clip. I would bet that a higher percent of the Sirius listeners listen to him than the percent of ** listeners do to Dopie and Fagthony.

This is now true.And FWIW, I find their show to be funnier right now. I subscribe to XM and not to Sirius because of this.

In 10 years, maybe they'll get stale as well. Who knows. But Stern, and I've always been a big fan of both, has run out of gas.
We will never really know for sure, but O&A have twice as many listeners on XM than Howard does on Sirius. And their show is one of the most popular show's on XM right now.

Wow, :yawn: considering he has been on Sirius for three weeks. The last quarter of last year Sirius out sold ** at a 1.1 mil to 900K clip. I would bet that a higher percent of the Sirius listeners listen to him than the percent of ** listeners do to Dopie and Fagthony.
The only thing Stern had on OnA before was that he had more listeners. OnA were better in every other way. Now he doesn't even have that.Lets see if those last quater numbers keep up. From what I can tell, most casual listeners of the Stern show are not buying Sirius just to listen to him. Once his hardcore fans buy their subs, what else is he going to be able to do?

The only thing Stern had on OnA before was that he had more listeners. OnA were better in every other way. Now he doesn't even have that.Lets see if those last quater numbers keep up. From what I can tell, most casual listeners of the Stern show are not buying Sirius just to listen to him. Once his hardcore fans buy their subs, what else is he going to be able to do?
Why wouldnt the numbers continue in favor of Sirius? What does XM have? Baseball?

:rolleyes: First of all, I'm not an "O&A dweeb". I happen to be a fan of both shows.I understood when Stern kept quiet on Infinity about O&A because he couldn't rip into them they way they crap on him. So I was really looking forward to him going over to Sirius and fighting the biggest war he has faced since the name "Don Imus" meant something.

In the near month between Howard's final day and January 9, O&A went off on Stern, pointing out his MANY hypocricies, spinjobs, and flatout lies. When they went after his daughter, I thought for sure the gloves would come off and we would be privy to two fantastic radio shows.

Instead, Stern mentioned O&A once to laughingly suggest he "felt sorry for them" for having a "handful of fans" (it was a small group in his mind but in actuality thousands of O&A "pests") trying to disrupt his show. That was it. Yet, former cronie Chauncy Hayden says something about him and he won't shut up about him for two days. Why? Because Hayden isn't a threat and Stern can take him on with little to no backlash.

If you don't think Howard is scared, why not look at the facts?

--Claims that O&A are more "Stern imitators". The fact is the show is fresher than anything he's ever done. Anthony is hilarious on the fly and one of the best impressionists out there. Opie is an instigator and button pusher, but they are a fantastic team. Add in Jim Norton, a filthy but hilarious comic and input by two underrated comics, Patrice O'Neal & Bill Burr, and what you get is 4 hours of solid entertainment EVERY day.

--Howard tries to take credit for everything, including the WOW promotion which he claims he started in his DC days. Amazingly, nobody can back up that story for Howard, not even his biggest fans.

--Howard says Sirius is leaving XM in the dust. XM has 6 million subscribers, support from investment banks, and valuable deals with automakers. They also aren't in the hole for over 1/2 billion for one talent. Sirius has 3 million and are paying out the B-hind for Stern and NFL. Sirius is definitely growing, but XM isn't exactly running scared. Plus, XM's technology is at least two years ahead of Sirius. They STILL haven't grasped the concept of a portable system yet!

--Howard claims that both Sirius & XM wanted him and were willing to not sign O&A if he went with them. That was a flat out lie. O&A had their choice of satellite companies and went with XM.

--Howard's biggest lie to date: He would never stop anyone from getting a job, even his enemies. He not only was instrumental in getting O&A fired the second time, the gag order he had on them neutered them from taking another job until the Infinity contract ended. This of course leans to more Stern spin action: His sudden love for Bubba the Love Sponge. O&A have tape of Stern saying "I don't want to work with imitators like "Bubba the Love Sponge". I don't even want to be in the same industry as a "Bubba the Love Sponge"."

And I can handle all of the lies and hypocricies, if Stern would show the Stern of old and battle these two instead of letting them absolutely own him six ways to Sunday. He knows he's outmatched. He knows they have the better, funnier show. And he knows he can't go on the attack on them like he did DeBella, Imus, and Mark & Brian because O&A's fanbase is bigger than the haters would ever want to admit.

I'm loving O&A's frequent attacks on Stern. It's great radio, made even funnier by Anthony's constant "HOO HOO, tell em Fred" remarks. I feel sorry for you Sirius Stern fans that are deprived of the same great radio in favor of hackneyed bits, and lame feuds with people nobody cares about (I read Marksfriggin's recaps; three days whining about Rachel Hunter and an anti-climactic "revelations" bit that dragged on and offered ZERO intrigue?)

If Howard wants to prove he's truly back, he's going to have to be a man, defend his daughter, and for once in his life, admit he's not #1 but will do what he can to get there.

I'm a fan of both shows, although XM on DirecTV has still not gotten me to listen to O&A that much. I wish you could Tivo those channels.It's just kinda funny that people think Howard should be starting a war 3 weeks into a whole new venture. I have never heard the Stern show sound better. Fresh and clearly having fun. Why bother with O&A at this point? Maybe at some point he'll bring it up, but really...do you think he cares that much about them?The little dog always bites at the heel of the big dog until the big dog strikes back. O&A know it. They'll keep digging until Howard strikes back. It builds their show and that's what they, and many others have done to advance themselves. Until then, he really doesn't need to help promote them until it fills a need for him. Someday it will happen, but I'm glad he isn't getting involved with them yet. There's too much going on with the show, settling into the new environment. Maybe when the excitement of the new show dies down, he'll look for something to spark more interest. Until then, O&A don't matter.

:rolleyes: First of all, I'm not an "O&A dweeb". I happen to be a fan of both shows.I understood when Stern kept quiet on Infinity about O&A because he couldn't rip into them they way they crap on him. So I was really looking forward to him going over to Sirius and fighting the biggest war he has faced since the name "Don Imus" meant something.

In the near month between Howard's final day and January 9, O&A went off on Stern, pointing out his MANY hypocricies, spinjobs, and flatout lies. When they went after his daughter, I thought for sure the gloves would come off and we would be privy to two fantastic radio shows.

Instead, Stern mentioned O&A once to laughingly suggest he "felt sorry for them" for having a "handful of fans" (it was a small group in his mind but in actuality thousands of O&A "pests") trying to disrupt his show. That was it. Yet, former cronie Chauncy Hayden says something about him and he won't shut up about him for two days. Why? Because Hayden isn't a threat and Stern can take him on with little to no backlash.

If you don't think Howard is scared, why not look at the facts?

--Claims that O&A are more "Stern imitators". The fact is the show is fresher than anything he's ever done. Anthony is hilarious on the fly and one of the best impressionists out there. Opie is an instigator and button pusher, but they are a fantastic team. Add in Jim Norton, a filthy but hilarious comic and input by two underrated comics, Patrice O'Neal & Bill Burr, and what you get is 4 hours of solid entertainment EVERY day.

--Howard tries to take credit for everything, including the WOW promotion which he claims he started in his DC days. Amazingly, nobody can back up that story for Howard, not even his biggest fans.

--Howard says Sirius is leaving XM in the dust. XM has 6 million subscribers, support from investment banks, and valuable deals with automakers. They also aren't in the hole for over 1/2 billion for one talent. Sirius has 3 million and are paying out the B-hind for Stern and NFL. Sirius is definitely growing, but XM isn't exactly running scared. Plus, XM's technology is at least two years ahead of Sirius. They STILL haven't grasped the concept of a portable system yet!

--Howard claims that both Sirius & XM wanted him and were willing to not sign O&A if he went with them. That was a flat out lie. O&A had their choice of satellite companies and went with XM.

--Howard's biggest lie to date: He would never stop anyone from getting a job, even his enemies. He not only was instrumental in getting O&A fired the second time, the gag order he had on them neutered them from taking another job until the Infinity contract ended. This of course leans to more Stern spin action: His sudden love for Bubba the Love Sponge. O&A have tape of Stern saying "I don't want to work with imitators like "Bubba the Love Sponge". I don't even want to be in the same industry as a "Bubba the Love Sponge"."

And I can handle all of the lies and hypocricies, if Stern would show the Stern of old and battle these two instead of letting them absolutely own him six ways to Sunday. He knows he's outmatched. He knows they have the better, funnier show. And he knows he can't go on the attack on them like he did DeBella, Imus, and Mark & Brian because O&A's fanbase is bigger than the haters would ever want to admit.

I'm loving O&A's frequent attacks on Stern. It's great radio, made even funnier by Anthony's constant "HOO HOO, tell em Fred" remarks. I feel sorry for you Sirius Stern fans that are deprived of the same great radio in favor of hackneyed bits, and lame feuds with people nobody cares about (I read Marksfriggin's recaps; three days whining about Rachel Hunter and an anti-climactic "revelations" bit that dragged on and offered ZERO intrigue?)

If Howard wants to prove he's truly back, he's going to have to be a man, defend his daughter, and for once in his life, admit he's not #1 but will do what he can to get there.
If youre a fan of both did you here the Rachel Hunter thing or did you read it? As far as car companies they are even and with GM's declining sale and loss of money that wont help XM. And both companies are losing money right now.And dont forget, XM has "mostly" comercial free music, Sirius has 100% comercial free music.

I'm a fan of both shows, although XM on DirecTV has still not gotten me to listen to O&A that much. I wish you could Tivo those channels.

It's just kinda funny that people think Howard should be starting a war 3 weeks into a whole new venture. I have never heard the Stern show sound better. Fresh and clearly having fun. Why bother with O&A at this point? Maybe at some point he'll bring it up, but really...do you think he cares that much about them?

The little dog always bites at the heel of the big dog until the big dog strikes back. O&A know it. They'll keep digging until Howard strikes back. It builds their show and that's what they, and many others have done to advance themselves. Until then, he really doesn't need to help promote them until it fills a need for him.

Someday it will happen, but I'm glad he isn't getting involved with them yet. There's too much going on with the show, settling into the new environment. Maybe when the excitement of the new show dies down, he'll look for something to spark more interest. Until then, O&A don't matter.
You're talking about a guy that would start a war if a local DJ mentioned that one of Howard's curls looked like it had split ends. Now you've got two renegades that Howard helped keep off the air for over two years, attacking his daughter. And not just making fun of her (lack of) acting ability, but saying some incredibly graphic stuff (sticking "one" between those two Jewish funbags, playing parodies of Howard having phone sex with his oldest daughter, etc.) Probably the worst, and the biggest shot to his pride, saying that Emily suffers from the "love me Daddy syndrome" that he accuses all of these strippers and attention wh0res of having because he is a "lousy dad".

Now I don't care how much Stern has on his plate or how small of a threat he thinks O&A is, the fact that he's letting this stuff happen w/o taking any measures at all shows that perhaps he feels threatened and has no comeback for this.

...perhaps he feels threatened and has no comeback for this.
perhaps, this is your opinoin, and thats fine. Thats all we can do here anyways, is give our opinion. My opinion is that Stern was way more insecure before. Thus the tireades(sp) and back lash at anyone. Arent the more insecure people the one to lash back the fastest and harshest? I feel he has proven his worth by the numbers brought to Sirius already. The fact that they talk about him and his family on their show, IMO shows their insecurity about themselves and want to bring him down.

...perhaps he feels threatened and has no comeback for this.
perhaps, this is your opinoin, and thats fine. Thats all we can do here anyways, is give our opinion. My opinion is that Stern was way more insecure before. Thus the tireades(sp) and back lash at anyone. Arent the more insecure people the one to lash back the fastest and harshest? I feel he has proven his worth by the numbers brought to Sirius already. The fact that they talk about him and his family on their show, IMO shows their insecurity about themselves and want to bring him down.
Agreed about the opinion thing.But O&A don't attack Stern for the sake of doing it. In fact, they give him credit for being the trendsetter and pioneer of this type of radio. They also acknowledge that he is way more famous and the bigger name in radio.

The only go off on tirades when he makes another ridiculous statement like "XM is going in the toilet" or "I invented (insert anything from breathing to quantum physics here)".

As a Stern fan (which I still consider myself), I just think Howard, like O&A, is at his best when he's tearing a contemporary a new one.

Howard would only start a war with a local DJ to get publicity. He never even really did it after DiBella or Mark and Brian and he went into new markets on a regular basis. By that time the show stood on it's own merit, without having to start anything. I think he's managed to generate enough publicity lately without bringing up O&A. The only purpose that would serve is to generate more publicity for O&A, which if you don't realize, is exactly what they are shooting for.Maybe someday, but it's not important now.Too much fun happening on the new Stern show.

lmFao at O&A apologists.....Stern doesn't talk about them because they are truly beneath him...it is no wonder they spout off about him all the time :rofl:

I never understood radio wars. The market is big enough for two shows. O&A should just focus on their own material and stop whining about Stern.

admit he's not #1 but will do what he can to get there.
Alert me next time all major national news organizations cover an o&a story. Most people have never heard of them, let alone know that they are on xm. Howard Stern is a household name and one of the biggest stars in the country. Im sure you took some time to type up that nice editorial, but face facts....they arent on the same level and most likely never will be.

I'm a fan of both shows, although XM on DirecTV has still not gotten me to listen to O&A that much. I wish you could Tivo those channels.

It's just kinda funny that people think Howard should be starting a war 3 weeks into a whole new venture. I have never heard the Stern show sound better. Fresh and clearly having fun. Why bother with O&A at this point? Maybe at some point he'll bring it up, but really...do you think he cares that much about them?

The little dog always bites at the heel of the big dog until the big dog strikes back. O&A know it. They'll keep digging until Howard strikes back. It builds their show and that's what they, and many others have done to advance themselves. Until then, he really doesn't need to help promote them until it fills a need for him.

Someday it will happen, but I'm glad he isn't getting involved with them yet. There's too much going on with the show, settling into the new environment. Maybe when the excitement of the new show dies down, he'll look for something to spark more interest. Until then, O&A don't matter.
You're talking about a guy that would start a war if a local DJ mentioned that one of Howard's curls looked like it had split ends. Now you've got two renegades that Howard helped keep off the air for over two years, attacking his daughter. And not just making fun of her (lack of) acting ability, but saying some incredibly graphic stuff (sticking "one" between those two Jewish funbags, playing parodies of Howard having phone sex with his oldest daughter, etc.) Probably the worst, and the biggest shot to his pride, saying that Emily suffers from the "love me Daddy syndrome" that he accuses all of these strippers and attention wh0res of having because he is a "lousy dad".

Now I don't care how much Stern has on his plate or how small of a threat he thinks O&A is, the fact that he's letting this stuff happen w/o taking any measures at all shows that perhaps he feels threatened and has no comeback for this.
I would say his unparalleled success and utter domination of the industry speaks for itself and is a suitable comeback.I used to listen to O&A back in the regular radio days, nothing against the guys but they are a Joke when it comes to their dispute with Howard.

Alert me next time all major national news organizations cover an o&a story. Most people have never heard of them, let alone know that they are on xm. Howard Stern is a household name and one of the biggest stars in the country. Im sure you took some time to type up that nice editorial, but face facts....they arent on the same level and most likely never will be.
A simple test:Depeding on your age, ask your mother or grandma who Howard Stern is. Then try O&A.

lmFao at O&A apologists.....Stern doesn't talk about them because they are truly beneath him...it is no wonder they spout off about him all the time :rofl:
So Chaunce Hayden is NOT beneath him? :confused:
Because he was a personal friend of the show that turned on him. Thats why it was a big deal.

A simple test:Depeding on your age, ask your mother or grandma who Howard Stern is. Then try O&A.
My grandmother knew who Howard Stern was, and when asked if she knew who Opie and Anthony are, she said "were they on the Andy Griffith show?"

Users who are viewing this thread