What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marital Advice - Friendly camping trip too friendly? (1 Viewer)

What do I do next?

• Nothing, let it go.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Go to counseling.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Have my wife call this guy to figure out the events.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
OP Still hasn't given any details. You people are such suckers. :shrug: :fishing: :fishing:
Back when I had my marital crisis and posted about it on this board, after the first day, i took several days before I posted again. Yet, it was all legit.
Yep. If he's truly in a marital crisis he has better things to do than post details here. Hopefully he'll come back soon and say it was all a big misunderstanding or a joke they were playing on him that was taken way too far.

OP Still hasn't given any details. You people are such suckers.

:shrug: :fishing: :fishing:
Back when I had my marital crisis and posted about it on this board, after the first day, i took several days before I posted again. Yet, it was all legit.
exactly, if i had a marital crisis like this one, i probably wouldn't be on here posting in the first place, but if i was, unfortunately my primary concern wouldn't be to keep all the fbgs updated on the details. in fact, i was thinking yesterday that by regularly updating the thread like he was, MitYH's story was more likely to be a big fishing trip.

SuperJohn96 said:
Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood is on the radio right now. :football:
That song turns me on.
If Toby Keith or some other male country singer did a song called "Before She Cheats" it would have been protested against for domestic abuse.
But then there is:"I Got a Brand New Girlfriend""I Can't Be With a Woman Who Gets Drunker Than Me""It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night That Chew Your ### Out All Day Long" by the Fabulous Cherry Bombsand on the rock side:"I Used to Lover Her But Had To Kill Her" by G&R"Hate, or I Really Don't Like You" by Plain White T's"Love of My Life", "Too Much Fun", "I Don't Wanna Be Friend's", etc. by Cowboy Mouth"She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudand that's just recent music. I have more. I made a cd about my ex. It was theraputic.

;) ;) :fishing:
exactly, if i had a marital crisis like this one, i probably wouldn't be on here posting in the first place, but if i was, unfortunately my primary concern wouldn't be to keep all the fbgs updated on the details. in fact, i was thinking yesterday that by regularly updating the thread like he was, MitYH's story was more likely to be a big fishing trip.
Well if it IS a fishing trip, I'm gonna look like a real tampon after sending Manhat a PM. :fishing:

AnonymousBob said:
Why would you jokingly offer up a bottle of wine, rather than tell him you need to know the facts and that this is potentially a serious matter?
Because it is a very blatant attempt to look like you don't care while caring.

Looking into a divorce at this stage is a little crazy if you ask me. The guy has been married for years, and has children. He needs to keep seeking the truth about what happened that night. Even if he finds out that the wife did something that hurts their marriage, he should at least do everything in his power to save it, at the very least, for his kids. To even consider bailing out on his wife and kids at this point seems like a knee-jerk reaction to a lot of circumstantial evidence.I would first get the facts straight, then have a long talk with the wife about what exactly happened, what they need to change in their relationship (like being too flirty with their friends, getting too wasted, etc), and how they're going to repair the broken trust and hurt feelings in their marriage.
Talking to a lawyer and starting divorce proceedings are two different things. I would talk to one, explain the situation, tell them I haven't made up my mind exactly what happened or what to do, and wanted some advice on some steps to safeguard myself and kids. The lawyer could also advise on how to continue checking things out. Also, if it gets to the point where he feels he needs an investigator, the lawyer could recomend some.Also, if he gets a line that "I'm sorry, we have a conflict of interest and can't talk to you" he will know his wife has consulted that lawyer.
Thank you for understanding what I've been saying since last night. ;)

Looking into a divorce at this stage is a little crazy if you ask me. The guy has been married for years, and has children. He needs to keep seeking the truth about what happened that night. Even if he finds out that the wife did something that hurts their marriage, he should at least do everything in his power to save it, at the very least, for his kids. To even consider bailing out on his wife and kids at this point seems like a knee-jerk reaction to a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I would first get the facts straight, then have a long talk with the wife about what exactly happened, what they need to change in their relationship (like being too flirty with their friends, getting too wasted, etc), and how they're going to repair the broken trust and hurt feelings in their marriage.
Talking to a lawyer and starting divorce proceedings are two different things. I would talk to one, explain the situation, tell them I haven't made up my mind exactly what happened or what to do, and wanted some advice on some steps to safeguard myself and kids. The lawyer could also advise on how to continue checking things out. Also, if it gets to the point where he feels he needs an investigator, the lawyer could recomend some.Also, if he gets a line that "I'm sorry, we have a conflict of interest and can't talk to you" he will know his wife has consulted that lawyer.
You don't go to a divorce lawyer to safeguard your kids, you go to safeguard your finances. If you want to safeguard your kids then see a marriage counselor and keep the family together.But if you just want to get back at your wife regardless of how it affects your kids, then yeah go ahead and see a lawyer.
Not necessarily.Sometimes splitting up an unhappy home is best for the kids.

OK, an update and some clarification.

First, the update. After the kids went to bed last night, I told my wife we needed to sit down and talk. I confronted her with the information that not only was she in the stall with Steve, but she was holding his thing while he peed. I reiterated that when you put all of what I know together, the situation looks very, very bad. Considering everything, she still says she does not remember. I tend to believe that at this point.

I then told her that I cannot move on from this until she talks to him and figures out what happened. She says she understands, but is scared and doesn't know how to approach him. I told her what I would do. We'll see how that goes.

She did apologize for creating such a mess and hurting me, and it was very sincere. She thought after Wednesday's conversation about it that we were done talking about it, but with the new information I had, I said we could not be 'done'. So, she's feeling pretty bad about herself this morning.

As for my posting updates. The majority of my very close friends know all of these people, and are not going to give me unbiased, third party advice. Not only that, but many of them don't need to know any of this. It's not really their business. So, I've been posting to this board.

At this point I'll just say read it or don't. I'm past the point of giving a crap about the fishing cracks.

OK, an update and some clarification.First, the update. After the kids went to bed last night, I told my wife we needed to sit down and talk. I confronted her with the information that not only was she in the stall with Steve, but she was holding his thing while he peed. I reiterated that when you put all of what I know together, the situation looks very, very bad. Considering everything, she still says she does not remember. I tend to believe that at this point. I then told her that I cannot move on from this until she talks to him and figures out what happened. She says she understands, but is scared and doesn't know how to approach him. I told her what I would do. We'll see how that goes.She did apologize for creating such a mess and hurting me, and it was very sincere. She thought after Wednesday's conversation about it that we were done talking about it, but with the new information I had, I said we could not be 'done'. So, she's feeling pretty bad about herself this morning.As for my posting updates. The majority of my very close friends know all of these people, and are not going to give me unbiased, third party advice. Not only that, but many of them don't need to know any of this. It's not really their business. So, I've been posting to this board.At this point I'll just say read it or don't. I'm past the point of giving a crap about the fishing cracks.
Whats her body language like while this is going on?

OK, an update and some clarification.First, the update. After the kids went to bed last night, I told my wife we needed to sit down and talk. I confronted her with the information that not only was she in the stall with Steve, but she was holding his thing while he peed. I reiterated that when you put all of what I know together, the situation looks very, very bad. Considering everything, she still says she does not remember. I tend to believe that at this point. I then told her that I cannot move on from this until she talks to him and figures out what happened. She says she understands, but is scared and doesn't know how to approach him. I told her what I would do. We'll see how that goes.She did apologize for creating such a mess and hurting me, and it was very sincere. She thought after Wednesday's conversation about it that we were done talking about it, but with the new information I had, I said we could not be 'done'. So, she's feeling pretty bad about herself this morning.As for my posting updates. The majority of my very close friends know all of these people, and are not going to give me unbiased, third party advice. Not only that, but many of them don't need to know any of this. It's not really their business. So, I've been posting to this board.At this point I'll just say read it or don't. I'm past the point of giving a crap about the fishing cracks.
Best of luck man. Hope everything works out.

She sat kind of slumped on the couch, looking me in the eye. The eye contact was there the whole time I was talking, and the whole time she was responding. Which is why I think she truthfully does not remember anything. Of course she looked pretty run down and upset about it too.

She did apologize for creating such a mess and hurting me, and it was very sincere. She thought after Wednesday's conversation about it that we were done talking about it, but with the new information I had, I said we could not be 'done'. So, she's feeling pretty bad about herself this morning.
This is what I don't get. Why would she think you were done talking about it? I asked you this way earlier in this thread ... have you explained to her how serious this situation is to you and how much it's been affecting you lately? Sounds like she was ready to blow it off while it ate you up inside. Something just doesn't add up with all that. :thumbup:

FWIW I am hoping that she honestly doesn't remember anything and that she is totally sincere in fixing things. In that case, screw Steve (no pun intended) and focus on rebuilding your trust & marriage.

This is what I don't get. Why would she think you were done talking about it? I asked you this way earlier in this thread ... have you explained to her how serious this situation is to you and how much it's been affecting you lately? Sounds like she was ready to blow it off while it ate you up inside. Something just doesn't add up with all that. :thumbup:
Well, we didn't have much to go on with earlier conversation. I never said we were done talking about it, but what I said was that if the guy who told me this stuff doesn't remember, and you don't remember, then what's there to talk about. I think she took this to mean we were done discussing it. Not what I meant, but I wasn't exactly thinking straight either.

She sat kind of slumped on the couch, looking me in the eye. The eye contact was there the whole time I was talking, and the whole time she was responding. Which is why I think she truthfully does not remember anything. Of course she looked pretty run down and upset about it too.
She held eye contact?As much as I've been convinced something very bad went down, this is a good sign she's being honest with you now. Liars have trouble maintaining eye contact, unless they're seriously cold blooded.

I think the correct approach would be for BOTH of you to go and talk to Steve together. You can get a better idea if either party is lying if you can see them both in front of you trying sort out what happened. Also, if you are trying to fix this in your marriage together I think it would be best that the both of you try to do that together instead of you sending her out to find out what happened.

I then told her that I cannot move on from this until she talks to him and figures out what happened. She says she understands, but is scared and doesn't know how to approach him. I told her what I would do. We'll see how that goes.
Aren't you at all concerned if you let the two of them discuss this privately, that the full truth may never be known to you?

She held eye contact?As much as I've been convinced something very bad went down, this is a good sign she's being honest with you now. Liars have trouble maintaining eye contact, unless they're seriously cold blooded.
Exactly. As I talked, she looked me in the eye and said she understood. When she first responded, she was looking me in the eye. As she continued talking she kind of looked away. I chalk that up to feeling a little humiliated and feeling as though I thought much less of her.

I quite sincerely wish you the best in dealing with this. When the foundation upon which one has built their life is found to be shifting sands rather than solid rock it can leave one groping for answers. I hope the answers come, and that they give you comfort and a direction that leads to personal peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the correct approach would be for BOTH of you to go and talk to Steve together. You can get a better idea if either party is lying if you can see them both in front of you trying sort out what happened. Also, if you are trying to fix this in your marriage together I think it would be best that the both of you try to do that together instead of you sending her out to find out what happened.
warhogs option is better than what you suggested.i would go a step further and talk to steve myself - without the wife's involvement. it may make it even more akward to have all 3 of you there. she wont help anyway because she can't remember anything.

FWIW I am hoping that she honestly doesn't remember anything and that she is totally sincere in fixing things. In that case, screw Steve (no pun intended) and focus on rebuilding your trust & marriage.
But he needs to let Steve know he knows that something went down(no pun intended) that night and the friendship is over.

I still wince when I think about the time I lied to my dad's face, looking him straight in the eye, and told him I was not smoking pot at Magic Mountain. :mellow:

But he needs to let Steve know he knows that something went down(no pun intended) that night and the friendship is over.
YES. i did not mean to leave that part out (no pun intended). :mellow:

Looking into a divorce at this stage is a little crazy if you ask me. The guy has been married for years, and has children. He needs to keep seeking the truth about what happened that night. Even if he finds out that the wife did something that hurts their marriage, he should at least do everything in his power to save it, at the very least, for his kids. To even consider bailing out on his wife and kids at this point seems like a knee-jerk reaction to a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I would first get the facts straight, then have a long talk with the wife about what exactly happened, what they need to change in their relationship (like being too flirty with their friends, getting too wasted, etc), and how they're going to repair the broken trust and hurt feelings in their marriage.
You don't go to a divorce lawyer to safeguard your kids, you go to safeguard your finances. If you want to safeguard your kids then see a marriage counselor and keep the family together.But if you just want to get back at your wife regardless of how it affects your kids, then yeah go ahead and see a lawyer.
Of course you want to safeguard your finances, but for a guy to have a chance at primary custody, the best visitation rights, etc, he'd better get some advice. I'd also recomend talking to a clergyman/counselor/psychologist, depending on his preference. Getting usefull information is never bad, and if the worst comes to pass, learning his legal prospects early will be invaluable. If not, a better understanding of your legal situation is still usefull. And talking to a couselor of some sort will be invaluable in any situation, helping deal with the suspicion, etc, whether founded or not. Knowledge is never a bad thing.

Again, I strongly urge you guys to seek some sort of marital counseling so long term guilt/anger over this doesn't destroy the marriage down the line. If both of you still wish to remain friends with Steve and his wife, the four of you should probably sit down and air it all out.

Have you checked her phone records/email?

I'd also confront George and tell him that he has to tell me everything now. No BS'ing around the issue.

Don't know if I would recommend telling your wife to talk to Steve again. Why would he tell her that he ####ed her silly if she doesn't remember, and if she does remember all they are going to do is collaborate their story lines if they haven't already (hence checking her phone/email records).

You need to talk to him, and be prepared to kick the #### out of him.

Pretty simple IMO on what you should do right now. Granted I haven't read all your posts so you may have done some of these things.

Why would SHE approach him and not you?!?!?! :mellow:

My experience as a prosecutor is that people will look you in the eye and lie. For indicia of truth I look more to where their eyes go in those moments when they look away. I find when people look up and to the right they are searching memory. When they look down they are fabricting and inventing. I also watch for an open body frame directed towards me or a closed up frame covered by arms and tilted away. Finally I watch for obstruction of the mouth by hands or by closed lips which also tend to indicate obfuscation.

Why would SHE approach him and not you?!?!?! :mellow:
I'm working on that. Turns out there out of of the state until later today. I tried contacting him several times yesterday myself, and my wife is not aware of this.

I still wince when I think about the time I lied to my dad's face, looking him straight in the eye, and told him I was not smoking pot at Magic Mountain. :jawdrop:
Been reading this thread on & off.....I'll add my :mellow: then back off and continue to read the updates. She did something, she has a pretty good idea of what she did. She loves you and the kids and in no way wants a divorce. Admitting what she did might cause that. There is no visual proof of what she did. As long as she and Steve continue to deny it, there is no way to prove without a doubt anything differently.I know this won't make you feel any better, or give you any closure, but it's just my take.

I don't like the idea of her talking to Steve to find out what happened. You left out what you told her you'd do, but unless that includes her pretending to know what happened and pretending to arrange some sort of cover-up, there's no way he's going to come clean with it all if he thinks she doesn't remember.

I believe you still need to confirm with your two sources that this all isn't some sort of gag, I still have some doubt there.

Aren't you at all concerned if you let the two of them discuss this privately, that the full truth may never be known to you?
If you let them talk privately they are just going to come up with some story that doesnt make them look like they didnt anything wrong. Its obvious she atleast made out with him, got felt up by him and probably played with his weewee ,and maybe sucked it. They could of easily had intercourse as well in the 15 min.

Have you checked her phone records/email?I'd also confront George and tell him that he has to tell me everything now. No BS'ing around the issue.Don't know if I would recommend telling your wife to talk to Steve again. Why would he tell her that he ####ed her silly if she doesn't remember, and if she does remember all they are going to do is collaborate their story lines if they haven't already (hence checking her phone/email records).You need to talk to him, and be prepared to kick the #### out of him.Pretty simple IMO on what you should do right now. Granted I haven't read all your posts so you may have done some of these things.
It's also time to tell George the friendship is over unless he wants to tell him everything that took place that night.

Yeah, I got the same "fishing" crap a couple years ago. I was posting here because a lot of friends were also caught in the middle. I hope your situation works out better than mine did, as we ended in divorce, with her moving in with the "friend". No kids, thank goodness.Good luck, and see a clergyman or couselor. They help.

I don't like the idea of her talking to Steve to find out what happened. You left out what you told her you'd do, but unless that includes her pretending to know what happened and pretending to arrange some sort of cover-up, there's no way he's going to come clean with it all if he thinks she doesn't remember.I believe you still need to confirm with your two sources that this all isn't some sort of gag, I still have some doubt there.
:popcorn: The LAST thing I would want is for her to have more contact with Steve. If I you were I would have told her that she is never ever to speak to Steve again.

OK, an update and some clarification. I then told her that I cannot move on from this until she talks to him and figures out what happened. She says she understands, but is scared and doesn't know how to approach him. I told her what I would do. We'll see how that goes.
Why would SHE approach him and not you?!?!?! :popcorn:
Actually, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes.One of the plausible theories was that perhaps Steve took advantage of your wife. If that is true, do you think he will tell her that? and that she would in turn tell you? I just find it extremely unlikely that you could get to the truth this way.

I don't like the idea of her talking to Steve to find out what happened. You left out what you told her you'd do, but unless that includes her pretending to know what happened
Exactly. And not even really to a huge extent. All I said was that if you tell him you don't remember, he'll tell you straight out nothing happened. I told her your approach has to be "Hey, I know things got a little out of control in the bathroom. I remember a lot of what went down, but I still have some gaps. What do you remember?" I then said if he says "nothing", hit him with the fact that you are aware you held his penis. The other piece of info to throw in is chest related. If it came to it, I told her to ask him who took them out, her or him?

I just wanna say it's refreshing once in a while to read this kind of post and not a "GO FIND STEVE AND SHOOT HIM" reply.I agree. Friendship over. But that's it. Don't resort to violence. Not with little kids. Jail is the last place you ever want to be.

Regardless of what happens, they need to sever ties with the whole camping crew. Nothing good can come out of continued friendship with them. Just my opinion.

:popcorn: :lmao: :fishing:
Well if it IS a fishing trip, I'm gonna look like a real tampon after sending Manhat a PM. :bag:
I have not seen you in the baseball gambling thread. Whats up?

Been reading this thread on & off.....I'll add my :popcorn: then back off and continue to read the updates. She did something, she has a pretty good idea of what she did. She loves you and the kids and in no way wants a divorce. Admitting what she did might cause that. There is no visual proof of what she did. As long as she and Steve continue to deny it, there is no way to prove without a doubt anything differently.

I know this won't make you feel any better, or give you any closure, but it's just my take.
I tend to agree. I think I've come around to the KilgoreTrout/Scoobygang/YankeeFan line of thinking -- We all make mistakes, some big, some little. A lot of married guys here would not want to put themselves in compromising situations with a cute girl because they know they would be tempted to do something, even if they absolutely love their wives and would not want a divorce. Regardless of what happened, if you trust that she wants to be with you in the HERE and NOW, if you have a wonderful life with your wife and your beautiful kids, then believe her, stay clear of your shathead friends, and get on with that great life.

hey yellow -

I don't agree with your approach here. It's like asking a woman that was raped to go ask the rapist what happened. Sorry to be blunt, but put yourself in your wife's shoes for a moment and assume she is being fully honest with you (which up until this point has been your position) - how would you feel if your husband told you to confront Steve?

I don't like the idea of her talking to Steve to find out what happened. You left out what you told her you'd do, but unless that includes her pretending to know what happened
Exactly. And not even really to a huge extent. All I said was that if you tell him you don't remember, he'll tell you straight out nothing happened. I told her your approach has to be "Hey, I know things got a little out of control in the bathroom. I remember a lot of what went down, but I still have some gaps. What do you remember?" I then said if he says "nothing", hit him with the fact that you are aware you held his penis. The other piece of info to throw in is chest related. If it came to it, I told her to ask him who took them out, her or him?
Up until now I thought you have been handling this in the correct way but having your wife call Steve is about the wimpiest thing you could do. I am not one of those "go beat Steve's head with a bat" guys but it is up to you to talk to Steve.

Do not let her talk to him. Either he took advantage of her, and in which case there is no way in hell he will tell her because that opens up rape charges. If she willingly gave it out, then all you are doing is providing a great opportunity to a) collaborate their story and b) #### again. That is the worst possible thing you could do right now.You need to talk to George and demand him to tell you EVERYTHING that happened. Then based on that, I would talk to your other source again and finally talk to Steve.Sorry, but at this point you can't trust your wife. She has been compromised willingly or unwillingly.

Up until now I thought you have been handling this in the correct way but having your wife call Steve is about the wimpiest thing you could do. I am not one of those "go beat Steve's head with a bat" guys but it is up to you to talk to Steve.
Dude, I'm all over that. I tried calling several times only to find out he's out of state.

You, and your wife, should seriously consider confronting Steve and his wife after the reception of the wedding you all are going to be at tomorrow. Stay sober and wait for them in the parking lot and have a little conversation. If George is going to be there also, have a talk with him too.

That is a good approach but you need to be the one asking not your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread