What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marital Advice - Friendly camping trip too friendly? (2 Viewers)

What do I do next?

• Nothing, let it go.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Go to counseling.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Have my wife call this guy to figure out the events.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
OK. My update. I've come to grips with this all and moved on. I believe my wife, and have no reason to doubt her.That being said. She is pregnant and due in March. There is a small part of me that does wonder at times. However, I'm pretty confident that the worst case scenario will not play out here. To me, there are bigger fish to fry right now.We have a 3D ultrasound scheduled today. Turns out there are supposed to be three vessels in the umbilical cord that show up on ultrasounds. They only saw two on the first pictures. Didn't sound too serious, but they're being cautious. On top of that, the doc who read the first ultrasound didn't like the picture of the babies face. He was concerned that not enough top lip was showing. Cleft lip is what he's worried about.At this point, my main concern is finding out that everything is OK with the kid.
Congrats and I hope everything works out for the best with the health of your child.

This could very well be the most elaborate fishing trip this board has ever seen.

In case it is not -- I've had the pleasure of having that awful ultrasound where the doctor finds something missing with my baby. From the PMs I received after discussing it, a few of us here have had the same experience.

When I first left the ultrasound, for one afternoon, I fealt a dispair that was crushing, even though it was a relatively minor thing, all things considered (her right hand was missing, but they feared a genetic problem like Downs). Thankfully, my daughter did not have Downs. And, physical disability or no, my daughter is one of the most joyful people I have ever met, and she gives me immeasurable happyness.

Hopefully the doctors will find everything is fine. Even if you get some bad news, sure, allow yourself some time of self pity. Feel it, savor it, and then put it past you and move on, so you can experience the joy your baby will bring you.

Do yourself a solid and run a paternity test. Sooner rather than later.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if act as the father to a child for X ammount of time, you become legally and finacially responsible for that child until they're 18.

You trust your wife, and thats good. Even so, better safe than sorry. Do you really want to raise this child as your own and then find out later its not? Bottom line, you'll always wonder, you've expressed enough doubt here for that to be as plain as day. Everytime you look at it, you'll wonder. Don't do that to yourself. Find out the truth, whatever it may be. GL.

OK. My update. I've come to grips with this all and moved on. I believe my wife, and have no reason to doubt her.That being said. She is pregnant and due in March. There is a small part of me that does wonder at times. However, I'm pretty confident that the worst case scenario will not play out here. To me, there are bigger fish to fry right now.We have a 3D ultrasound scheduled today. Turns out there are supposed to be three vessels in the umbilical cord that show up on ultrasounds. They only saw two on the first pictures. Didn't sound too serious, but they're being cautious. On top of that, the doc who read the first ultrasound didn't like the picture of the babies face. He was concerned that not enough top lip was showing. Cleft lip is what he's worried about.At this point, my main concern is finding out that everything is OK with the kid.
We had a single umbilical artery, and everything turned out fine. They'll make her get an ultrasound about every other week, and they got my wife into a fit by suggesting that there's the ever so slightest increase of risk of downs in such cases, but it's really nothing to worry about too much. Congrats.

Do yourself a solid and run a paternity test. Sooner rather than later.I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if act as the father to a child for X ammount of time, you become legally and finacially responsible for that child until they're 18.You trust your wife, and thats good. Even so, better safe than sorry. Do you really want to raise this child as your own and then find out later its not? Bottom line, you'll always wonder, you've expressed enough doubt here for that to be as plain as day. Everytime you look at it, you'll wonder. Don't do that to yourself. Find out the truth, whatever it may be. GL.
I agree, but I doubt his wife will go for it (see behavior after incident). Especially if MIYH is "over" it. Dragging a DNA test up will mean he is definitely not "over" it, nor show that he trusts his wife.Tough situation, tough call.

Do yourself a solid and run a paternity test. Sooner rather than later.I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if act as the father to a child for X ammount of time, you become legally and finacially responsible for that child until they're 18.You trust your wife, and thats good. Even so, better safe than sorry. Do you really want to raise this child as your own and then find out later its not? Bottom line, you'll always wonder, you've expressed enough doubt here for that to be as plain as day. Everytime you look at it, you'll wonder. Don't do that to yourself. Find out the truth, whatever it may be. GL.
I agree, but I doubt his wife will go for it (see behavior after incident). Especially if MIYH is "over" it. Dragging a DNA test up will mean he is definitely not "over" it, nor show that he trusts his wife.Tough situation, tough call.
Wait until its born and run the test without her knowledge. Thats what I'd do.

Even if he is wondering, getting ambiotic samples for something that isn't threatening the life of the child is just stupid. There is a risk involved with those procedures. Furthermore, let's presume that this is his child. It's probably the most likely assumption, unless MITY was not getting any for the entire month of June or something. How is that going to be good for his marriage when there's concern for the child's welfare right now, and he's more worried about the camping trip and getting paternity tests at this point? This has serious potential to backfire here.Worry about the kid at this point, and if you are having doubts when it is born figure something out then.

It's not a tough call at all - when we had the single umbilical artery they gave us the option of getting ambiotic samples to test for downs. They explained that there is some risk with the procedures, very small, but there is some. The child having downs wasn't something that would have changed our decision at all, so we opted not to risk the health of the child for something silly.Unless there is some reason that involves the health of the child, it's ridiculous to get those sorts of tests done at this point. It's not in the best interests of that child in any way.

if she has nothing to hide, why would she care....i'd hope she'd want to do it to clear things up

We had a single umbilical artery, and everything turned out fine. They'll make her get an ultrasound about every other week, and they got my wife into a fit by suggesting that there's the ever so slightest increase of risk of downs in such cases, but it's really nothing to worry about too much. Congrats.
:sadbanana:Congrats to both of you.

Do yourself a solid and run a paternity test. Sooner rather than later.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that if act as the father to a child for X ammount of time, you become legally and finacially responsible for that child until they're 18.

You trust your wife, and thats good. Even so, better safe than sorry. Do you really want to raise this child as your own and then find out later its not? Bottom line, you'll always wonder, you've expressed enough doubt here for that to be as plain as day. Everytime you look at it, you'll wonder. Don't do that to yourself. Find out the truth, whatever it may be. GL.
It's not a tough call at all - when we had the single umbilical artery they gave us the option of getting ambiotic samples to test for downs. They explained that there is some risk with the procedures, very small, but there is some. The child having downs wasn't something that would have changed our decision at all, so we opted not to risk the health of the child for something silly.Unless there is some reason that involves the health of the child, it's ridiculous to get those sorts of tests done at this point. It's not in the best interests of that child in any way.
I guess I should have said "paternity test" instead of "DNA test".I assume that you would actually have to request such a test to be done, thus bringing it out into the open and digging up past issues that MIYH and wife are "over".

i hope that shortly after the due date we get an update about the kid looking like steve, and then after 15 more years of stories when the 16 year old steve-alike is getting bailed out of prison for campground arson that the OP finally admits this was the mother of all fishing trips

but if no, good luck!

if she has nothing to hide, why would she care....i'd hope she'd want to do it to clear things up
I don't think she could be accurately described as wanting to clear things up when this thread first broke... but that could have changed, who knows...But yeah, you'd hope that would be the case. But people are emotional, especially pregnant ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly dont know why I open this thread, especially at lunch time.

Makes me sick to my stomach every time I read it.

MITYH ... best of luck with everything. You are a better man than I, seriously.

Helpful thought: human beings, typically, suck at keeping secrets. If something big had happened, it just wouldn't have stayed under wraps this long.

Man in the yellow hat said:
GL man. Hope the kid is healthy and happy!: )

You can't get pregnant from doing standing up. Everyone knows this.

Right? :lmao:

B-Deep said:
i hope that shortly after the due date we get an update about the kid looking like steve, and then after 15 more years of stories when the 16 year old steve-alike is getting bailed out of prison for campground arson that the OP finally admits this was the mother of all fishing tripsbut if no, good luck!
"update" was posted on a Friday....perfect weather for fishing!

You can't get pregnant from doing standing up. Everyone knows this.Right? :lmao:
Gravity.Seriously...1. Let's hope the kid turns out fine2. That it's MITYH Jr.If it isn't his and it's Steve's kid, MITYH has a tough decision to make, but at least then he'd have proof of his suspicions.I'm just saying.

Somewhere between about 9 and 1 a.m., we ended up back at the campsite. I distincly remember three of the guys, inclusing Steve announcing they had to walk to the bathroom. I also remembr my wife saying 'me too' and walking with them toward the bathrooms. Five or so minutes later, two of the guys came back. One of them, we'll call him 'George' told me "Hey, you should go check on your wife, she went into the same stall as Steve". I laughed, because we're always doing goofy things like that to each other. Another 15 minutes or so (having a hard time with time) went by, and George looked and me and said "Dude, seriously. Where are those two? They went into the same stall together." I wondered about it, but again, played it off. A few minutes later, they came walking back to the site together. George asked them what was going on and Steve just laughed. I laughed it off, but now some pieces are starting to come together for me.
I think George knows what happened and he was trying to warn you. I'd call him and demand some answers.

MITYH- have fun collecting DNA samples from Steve:

Oh! I'm terribly sorry! I didn't mean to gash your arm! Here, let me stauch the bleeding for you with this baby wipe!

Somewhere between about 9 and 1 a.m., we ended up back at the campsite. I distincly remember three of the guys, inclusing Steve announcing they had to walk to the bathroom. I also remembr my wife saying 'me too' and walking with them toward the bathrooms. Five or so minutes later, two of the guys came back. One of them, we'll call him 'George' told me "Hey, you should go check on your wife, she went into the same stall as Steve". I laughed, because we're always doing goofy things like that to each other. Another 15 minutes or so (having a hard time with time) went by, and George looked and me and said "Dude, seriously. Where are those two? They went into the same stall together." I wondered about it, but again, played it off. A few minutes later, they came walking back to the site together. George asked them what was going on and Steve just laughed. I laughed it off, but now some pieces are starting to come together for me.
I think George knows what happened and he was trying to warn you. I'd call him and demand some answers.
:unsure: Someone should have thought of this earlier! :thumbup:

HAS THERE EVER BEEN A POLL BASED ON THIS TOPIC AND WHAT ONE WOULD DO IF HE WAS MWTYH.
Why are you yelling? And it's "in" not "with."MITYH:Did you have sex with your wife in June? If you think hard enough you should be able to point to at least one time - based on calendared events during that month - that you had sex with the wife. If not.... :lmao: .Congratulations either way and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread