What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

Lots of chaos theory in work last episode. If Walt doesn't meet Jane's dad at the bar, and they don't have the conversation about "not giving up" on your loved ones with drug problems, then Walt doesn't go over to Jesse's, try to wake him up, and inadvertenly push Jane on her back which resulted in her death.

Hell, if Jane's dad doesn't confront her at her house earlier that day, she lives. When he confronts her, if he calls the police, she lives. Had he convinced her to go to rehad that day, she lives. Just crazy. Reminds me of the discussion of that Angels' pitcher who died in a car crash, and how if a million different things would of happened (i.e. the RP doesn't blow the save, etc.) he would of lived.

P.S. :unsure: at Jesse telling Jane's dad to back off because he's got human rights or whatever.

My only gripe about the show is that I think they got rid of Tuco a little too early. He was a very good character.
But Tuco's death was the catalyst for Hank's change. Good storytelling sometimes requires the sacrifice of a good character.
They haven't really beared any fruit with that yet though. There were more than a couple of episodes this season which could have been done while they still worked for Tuco and had the Tuco kidnapping of them as the cliffhanger for Season Two. At any rate, It's a very small gripe.

My only gripe about the show is that I think they got rid of Tuco a little too early. He was a very good character.
But Tuco's death was the catalyst for Hank's change. Good storytelling sometimes requires the sacrifice of a good character.
They haven't really beared any fruit with that yet though. There were more than a couple of episodes this season which could have been done while they still worked for Tuco and had the Tuco kidnapping of them as the cliffhanger for Season Two. At any rate, It's a very small gripe.
IMO, Tuco had no more to offer as far as the story goes. With Tuco alive we don't get Saul (a much more interesting character, IMO) or the new distributor.

IMO, Tuco had no more to offer as far as the story goes. With Tuco alive we don't get Saul (a much more interesting character, IMO) or the new distributor.
I agree with this. The reason Tuco was such an awesome character was partly because of the short run. With a completely over-the-top guy like that...it gets old and stale and unbelievable very quickly. Killing him off kept that from happening. I liked the choice.

wow, what a great season finale!

so much resulted from that chance meeting in the bar last episode. Walt is now indirectly responsible for so many lives.

Pushing belief that they'd let someone who just had a catastrophic loss back into a highly intense job that concerns public safety with absolutely no oversight. The writing for this show is usually better than that.

Pushing belief that they'd let someone who just had a catastrophic loss back into a highly intense job that concerns public safety with absolutely no oversight. The writing for this show is usually better than that.
I assumed he didn't tell anyone and just went to work.

Lots of chaos theory in work last episode. If Walt doesn't meet Jane's dad at the bar, and they don't have the conversation about "not giving up" on your loved ones with drug problems, then Walt doesn't go over to Jesse's, try to wake him up, and inadvertenly push Jane on her back which resulted in her death.

Hell, if Jane's dad doesn't confront her at her house earlier that day, she lives. When he confronts her, if he calls the police, she lives. Had he convinced her to go to rehad that day, she lives. Just crazy. Reminds me of the discussion of that Angels' pitcher who died in a car crash, and how if a million different things would of happened (i.e. the RP doesn't blow the save, etc.) he would of lived.

P.S. :confused: at Jesse telling Jane's dad to back off because he's got human rights or whatever.
Nah, she'd eventually OD from the smack anyway. That girl was a walking time bomb.

?? There was a couple minute long exchange between him and his coworker in the breakroom how everyone was "sorry" and had been "thinking about him".

Ever notice that when they show clips of "previously on Breaking Bad" that they show clips that weren't even in the episodes? Kind of strange.

Ok....ummm....WTF?

I've thought about this finale and think that it plays with the whole broader impact theme of Walt's actions. I guess the writers are trying to show how one man's decision to make and sell meth can have dramatic effects on the lives of other people, sometimes completely unrelated people. That's all I got - still scratching my head a bit.

But again, the stage is set for some serious confrontations on many different levels. Looking forward to next season.

I don't know, the guy had at least a couple weeks of leave, right? I'm guessing if they thought he needed any oversight they wouldn't let him go back to work, that wouldn't make any sense.Originally, I thought Skylar and the baby were on one of the planes.

I feel cheated.
Same here. It ended and I was :confused: I mean they tied it all together but I still find it hard to believe that in the clear blue sky two planes fly right into one another. I'm guessing most pilots have done some line of flight time in the past right?Anyhow, ending did seem like a bit of a cop out, I'd actually say that was one of the weaker episodes of the year. Anyone know when does next season starts?

Didn't it say 7 months later?

Maybe next season, he can make a list of all of the people he's wronged, and the every week he'll go around one by one trying to help them...

mex said:
Didn't see the 7months thing, but I did notice that Walt had a fully grown goatee. So some time had to have passed; plus he was healed from the surgery enough to walk around and behave normally. Can't tell how long that would be.

Christo said:
wow, what a great season finale!so much resulted from that chance meeting in the bar last episode. Walt is now indirectly responsible for so many lives.
Too much if you ask me.
I agree, the whole plane thing felt too much like LOST, it was a turn off for me. I think I get what they're eluding to, but for me it was reaching into another genre of writing.I will say they did a great job of build up over the season and this episode with the bear, the bodies and then the flames and NTSB truck at the beginning last night. When I saw the smoke and the NTSB truck, I was thrown off completely.Still though, what are the odds that two plane passengers land in his driveway, resembling anything close to the shape of a human after they hit the pavement?Seems to elude that one of those bodies (assuming it's a gun down family member) is NOT Skyler. Any chance it's Mr. DEA (Hank?) and Walt Jr??I'm betting that a drive by occurs in the opener of season 3 - ordered by the restaraunt owner. This would possibly drive Walt Sr. to seek revenge and the downward spiral continues.What about the Cartels? They seemed to have a big potential role coming up, then no mention of them the last few episodes.

mex said:
I thought they said the baby was seven weeks.

Loved season one, loved season two (I have my complaints about the ending as well, but the finale as a whole was very good, otherwise.) Some of the smartest writing I've seen on a show in a while. Since Deadwood, probably, but with this show I atleast feel that they've got an ending in sight. Great stuff.

Also pushing belief that if two planes were about to have a mid-air collision there wouldn't be klaxons going off in Air Traffic Control, not just red blinking on one controllers screen. And on the planes, for that matter. It's almost like a dream sequence it's so unreal.

Haven't been following the show at all, despite liking the couple of episodes I caught in the first season.

Had no idea that was the finale last night and watched it on a whim... :hot: ... incredible stuff. The acting is SO good- story line seemed a little heavy-handed with the 6 degrees of Crank, but still can't shake the final shot of the bear. Wow.

I'll definitely be looking to catch this series on disc or repeats.

Total aside- any of you watch the show Damages on FX?

?? There was a couple minute long exchange between him and his coworker in the breakroom how everyone was "sorry" and had been "thinking about him".
Must've missed that scene.

So, is that pink bear Jesses bear?The one that was on his dresser?Was Jesse on that plane...
I watched the finale again to confirm that the baby was 7wks old. In the doctor's office after the surgery is when they spell that out.Thanks to you now I have to watch it again to look for that damn bear. That's too big a clue to let it go.Did you see that in this episode? I vaguely recall Jane giving him some sort of gift a few episodes back. Anyone else remember that?

Harry Manback said:
jamny said:
Harry Manback said:
So, is that pink bear Jesses bear?The one that was on his dresser?Was Jesse on that plane...
:P
Exactly...I don't know for sure, but they've been showing that damn pink bear for 3 or 4 episodes now.
Now that you mentioned it though, I just searched to make sure, Jesse's last name is Pinkman...and didn't it seem odd when Walt wore a pink sweater?

Link

Interesting comment from series creator, Vince Gilligan:

“If you look at the names of all the episodes," Gilligan said, "in particular the episodes that have the strange black and white teaser, they spell out a hidden message.”

That message: Seven Thirty-Seven Down Over ABQ.

This is my favorite show on TV. However, I was very dissappointed with the finale. However, the writers opened up a bunch of things they can do for next season, so I trust they can make it work. The writing is simply put, top notch.

For anyone that watches Mad Men, I hear it is great, but tell me more. Do I need to go back and watch all the seasons? (2 seasons already right?) Or can I jump right in and be good?

My top 3 shows:

1. Breaking Bad

2. Rescue Me

3. Two and a Half Men

If that helps any...

This is my favorite show on TV. However, I was very dissappointed with the finale. However, the writers opened up a bunch of things they can do for next season, so I trust they can make it work. The writing is simply put, top notch.For anyone that watches Mad Men, I hear it is great, but tell me more. Do I need to go back and watch all the seasons? (2 seasons already right?) Or can I jump right in and be good?My top 3 shows:1. Breaking Bad2. Rescue Me3. Two and a Half MenIf that helps any...
I would definately watch the first two season's of Mad Men. Why wouldn't you want to? I'm sure you could jump right in but, as with any show, you'd be missing out on things.Besides, Season 2 of Mad Men was one of the best seasons of any show ever written.

I don't know if it's been said in the thread already, but I don't want to browse through it for fear of spoilers, but is there anyplace to watch this show online? AMC streamed the first 2 episodes, but that seems to be it. I'd rather not torrent them if possible.

I don't know if it's been said in the thread already, but I don't want to browse through it for fear of spoilers, but is there anyplace to watch this show online? AMC streamed the first 2 episodes, but that seems to be it. I'd rather not torrent them if possible.
eztv.it has a great library. I can find every episode there but the last one. I'll give the Euros some time but I'm losing patience. Wish AMC would at least replay it one night.

eztv.it has a great library. I can find every episode there but the last one. I'll give the Euros some time but I'm losing patience. Wish AMC would at least replay it one night.
I'm an idiot. I thought there was another episode but Episode 13 with the plane crash seems to be the finale. Can someone confirm this? don't want to read through all the comments unless I've seen all the eps.

I'm an idiot. I thought there was another episode but Episode 13 with the plane crash seems to be the finale. Can someone confirm this? don't want to read through all the comments unless I've seen all the eps.
It was the finale.

Anyone know of a place to watch for free, I need episodes 3-8, I have the rest.

piratebay.org and mininova.org are also my standbys for tv

Finally got around to watching the last three episodes.

I loved when the DEA guy holds up Walt's picture right in the "Wanted" poster. Just gives you a split second of "wtf?!"

I liked the ending except they built up the crime scene too much for such a small payoff. I wonder if they had a different endiong in mind when they started those teasers. Maybe they weren't sure if they were going to be renewed.

Can't wait for next season.

I watched them all here

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I can't believe he let the girl die! COLD BLOODED! It had to be done though.

The plane crash explained the thing in the pool, that's some #### there. Nice touch by the producers. *** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

I think this is one of the best shows on TV right now, and there are a lot of paths the writers can take the show in. Personally there isn't a show on TV currently playing that I like more than this show. I have a few issues with Skylar, but besides that this show has some really great elements and Walt is played impeccably.

This show has lost its way. The first season was spectacular and brilliant. This season? Not so much. I think this show doesn't know what to do with these characters anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread