Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Raider Nation

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM*

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2020 at 6:55 AM, wilked said:

Not a standout season so far 

The MAGA stuff in the first episode was great, but the whole season has really been all yelling and a kind of mean caricature of itself. Not that funny. 

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The MAGA stuff in the first episode was great, but the whole season has really been all yelling and a kind of mean caricature of itself. Not that funny. 

YEAH BUT LEON DROPPIN' F-BOMBS, ZOMG!!!1! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

The weight guesser was awesome! Very solid episode. Leon was superb!

"I'm not giving you my weight. Or my height. That's a MFing description, Larry." 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

YEAH BUT LEON DROPPIN' F-BOMBS, ZOMG!!!1! 

He has probably been one of the highlights for me — just the way they interact even. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between the weight guesser, ted danson, Leon jumping on the phone and handling business that episode was so good.   I am loving this season.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very sitcom esque season more so than others in we get rooted in so many unlikely scenarios  for a show typically with a real feel.  The painting, trip to the resort, the coffee shop out of spite

without leon this show would have been out of gas two years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leon gonna manage Latte Larry's, "GTFO here, Vanilla Joe!"

My wife says, "I thought his name was Mocha Joe."

"It is..."

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Gally said:

I am finally starting to watch the show.  I had never seen it before and am starting with the first season.  Never seen any episodes before a few weeks ago.  I am a huge fan of the show Seinfeld and was expecting something great.  So far there have been some good things, some almost exact copies of Seinfeld storylines, but all in all I haven't been that impressed.  I also don't like that it seems like much of the time people are talking over each other.  This may be part of the improv nature of the show but it seems to get in the way sometimes.  I am most of the way through season 1 but have tapered off because it hasn't pulled me in yet. 

 

I'm a huge Seinfeld fan and thought the same thing when I first started watching.  Give it time. Curb really starts to find its groove in Season 3.  I think its a better show than Seinfeld now.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this season hilarious but he's definitely recycling more stuff from Seinfeld. For example shooting for whos luggage comes off the plane and then complaining that he put down 2 was almost directly from a Seinfeld episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife never saw it so we are watching it now. Why did he take a 6-year break and come back? Was that ever discussed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Capella said:

My wife never saw it so we are watching it now. Why did he take a 6-year break and come back? Was that ever discussed?

Just didn’t want to do it and didn’t have the stories in mind. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

😲

Yeah, not surprised you disagree although this season is giving me pause.  I really like the freedom he has on HBO to discuss more adult themed content not to mention a more modern setting.  Seems like half of the Seinfeld plots are solved by cell phones.  It also doesn't hurt that George is my favorite character.  I feel like we get more of him following Larry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Major said:

Yeah, not surprised you disagree although this season is giving me pause.  I really like the freedom he has on HBO to discuss more adult themed content not to mention a more modern setting.  Seems like half of the Seinfeld plots are solved by cell phones.  It also doesn't hurt that George is my favorite character.  I feel like we get more of him following Larry. 

I don’t disagree, I’ve never seen this show.

I was just surprised to read that is all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, Major said:

I'm a huge Seinfeld fan and thought the same thing when I first started watching.  Give it time. Curb really starts to find its groove in Season 3.  I think its a better show than Seinfeld now.  

I wasn't all in until Beloved Aunt. I think it's the 8th or 9th episode in Season 1.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jplvr said:

I wasn't all in until Beloved Aunt. I think it's the 8th or 9th episode in Season 1.

:lmao:

so good.  That and him trying to wrap a gift.  :lmao:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jplvr said:

I wasn't all in until Beloved Aunt. I think it's the 8th or 9th episode in Season 1.

It's the 8th episode.  That episode is where I am at.  It was the last one I watched for the moment.  It was a solid episode but I still haven't been drawn in completely.  Still a lot of talking over each other.  I will keep going but it has been a slight disappointment overall. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who just realized Leon is basically Kramer? Annoying house guest with no job and overstays his welcome. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm way behind here, like still on season 6 or so.  

Leon is the best addition of a character this late in any TV series ever.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shuke said:

I'm way behind here, like still on season 6 or so.  

Leon is the best addition of a character this late in any TV series ever.

 

... Leon was nothing short of awesome those first coupla seasons, no question ... shot a very needed JOLT! to the series - LD made a great call introducing the whole Black family storyline - the whole episode where LD gets the date with the doctor (Sue Ellen Mischke from Seinfeld fame), has the "5 second rule" with Auntie Rae, the misappropriated dropping of the "N" word, Jeff getting his head shaved, etc.  is definitely a top 5 in the series annals, and Leon's contributions were nothing short of hysterical.

but it's tired now ... he wore out fast, it's a one trick pony of "MOTHER ####ER THIS, MOTHER ####ER THAT, MOTHER ####ER HIM, MOTHER ####ER THEM, MOTHER ####ER IT, MOTHER ####ER ####ER" ... ehhh, it's enough already. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shuke said:

I'm way behind here, like still on season 6 or so.  

Leon is the best addition of a character this late in any TV series ever.

 

I still remember when they brought in his character. Maybe not an episode by episode breakdown, but Larry's reaction when he found out he was from L.A. was priceless.

Danny Duberstein and his appearance and contribution to the NYC (Michael J. Fox) season was great.

I see where some may think he's over the top, but I like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, General Malaise said:

:lmao:

so good.  That and him trying to wrap a gift.  :lmao:

 

I think that was the first time I really thought they hit on Seinfeld greatness with multiple, connected storylines. When I watch it now, I realize that Porno Gill was probably the first really good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

... Leon was nothing short of awesome those first coupla seasons, no question ... shot a very needed JOLT! to the series - LD made a great call introducing the whole Black family storyline - the whole episode where LD gets the date with the doctor (Sue Ellen Mischke from Seinfeld fame), has the "5 second rule" with Auntie Rae, the misappropriated dropping of the "N" word, Jeff getting his head shaved, etc.  is definitely a top 5 in the series annals, and Leon's contributions were nothing short of hysterical.

but it's tired now ... he wore out fast, it's a one trick pony of "MOTHER ####ER THIS, MOTHER ####ER THAT, MOTHER ####ER HIM, MOTHER ####ER THEM, MOTHER ####ER IT, MOTHER ####ER ####ER" ... ehhh, it's enough already. 

 

Yeah, he got in that a** early and often but definitely needs some development.  Hopeful this Mocha Joe subplot pays off with the spite store.  With Leon in charge, it could be gold.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Major said:

Yeah, he got in that a** early and often but definitely needs some development.  Hopeful this Mocha Joe subplot pays off with the spite store.  With Leon in charge, it could be gold.  

bingo :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really loved last night even if it was pretty telegraphed we'd get that moment with the doll, I still was dying laughing through it.    Has Vince Vaughn been on as Funkhowser's brother before?  I feel like we'll build up to some feels when we find out marty's fate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No defecating in the building! How long before he fails CO inspection for no handicap access?

Another solid LOL episode for me.

Edited by Joe Mammy
Spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

enjoyable episode, Leon was on point, very funny in this one - 

btw, ya just knew the blowup doll schtick was coming, but it still was done perfectly enough to be a great bit. 

solid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am behind and just finished the wedding in mexico episode last night. That was classic Curb and the best of the season to that point. Hopefully the rest of the season feels more like that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another solid episode. That bathroom will never make it through inspections.

Adolph wins best acting for the show! Is that the same dog that Larry was worried his bookie ate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, belljr said:

It's like a pilates class :lmao:

Funny line, though the 1st thing I thought of was Princess Leia on a speeder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just know Leon is getting his Johnson whacked in that urinal door.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, Joe Mammy said:

No defecating in the building! How long before he fails CO inspection for no handicap access?

Another solid LOL episode for me.

What do they do with their pants

:shrug:

:lmao:

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Rebecca romijin still looks amazing 

:goodposting:

I had to look it up to make sure it was her. I'm not good at detecting face work unless it's horribly done but it doesn't look like she's had much if any and has aged extremely well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wife hates this show.  Too much arguing/bickering/talking over each other that it just annoys her.  I am only to episode 4 of the 2nd season but it is hard to watch at times.  So far I have been fairly disappointed.  Maybe my expectations were too high.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gally said:

talking over each other that it just annoys her

This is the second time recently this has come up in the thread. Maybe because it doesn't bother me, but I've seen all the seasons (most of them twice) and I've never noticed this as a "thing" about Curb. The arguing, yelling, bickering, sure. But not that. :shrug:

 

Edited by The Noid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 3:13 PM, Joe Mammy said:

No defecating in the building! How long before he fails CO inspection for no handicap access?

Another solid LOL episode for me.

The demise of Latte Larry's is almost too telegraphed.  New handicapped friend,  bathrooms completely handicapped inaccessible.     Still really enjoy the season and Vince Vaughn has been a great stand in for the Funk man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season has been great so far.

Episode 7:

Jet's fan suicide, high stakes golf, seating by appearance scale, bathroom attendant at posh restaurant and of course, the magical vagina.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this episode was one of the best ones, the good looking and bad looking sections was classic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

I thought this episode was one of the best ones, the good looking and bad looking sections was classic.

I loved how Jane Krakowski got to sit in the good looking section until he arrived, and then they had to move over, and how enraged Larry got when he saw that Susie got to stay on the other side with Ted Danson.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.