What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL4 - Teams & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Let's talk Burleson. Last year he was finished 34th. I picked him up somewhere around the 50th+ WR selected. Why do you expect a significant drop off?
As a Burleson owner in another league I'm also curious. I happen to like Butler's potential a lot but Burleson is a decent part of this passing attack - if we can call it that.
I'm not sure what it will end up doing to his value but I don't think Burleson is going to be a part of the Seattle passing attack any longer. Unless I'm forgetting someone he is probably the most desirable UFA WR available in FA so he's got a great chance to get seriously overpaid by someone.
Honestly, I don't see leaving hurting his value.
Maybe as a Lion it does? Liking the signing for Butler :shrug:
And liking the signing for Branch if they don't cut him. Felt he or Butler had a good chance to start next year and I tried to get both of them in this draft. I think Burleson is going to be fine and still easily worth the draft position he was taken. I think he actually plays better opposite a true #1WR and with Pettigrew probably not 100% to start the season he should see plenty of passes.

FUBAR

5.06 - Joe Flacco, BAL, QB13

9.06 - Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB23

10.11 - Matt Moore, CAR, QB28

You really stuck it to Gringo with the Moore selection. Much like me you don't have any top end QBs, however there's strength in numbers and you'll posted middle of the road scores on a weekly basis. What i don't like is that these are the QBs on potentially the three best running teams in the league that won't deviate from that plan often. Grade C.
Boldin will help Flacco score top end points. IMO he has the ability.

FUBAR

5.06 - Joe Flacco, BAL, QB13

9.06 - Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB23

10.11 - Matt Moore, CAR, QB28

You really stuck it to Gringo with the Moore selection. Much like me you don't have any top end QBs, however there's strength in numbers and you'll posted middle of the road scores on a weekly basis. What i don't like is that these are the QBs on potentially the three best running teams in the league that won't deviate from that plan often. Grade C.
Boldin will help Flacco score top end points. IMO he has the ability.
I already did not mind your QB's in the end for waiting but I cant disagree with this. Love what it does for Flacco and I still think Baltimore brings in more help with a 1st round WR or TE or that would not be surprised to see Owens in uniform

Bass please grade my team when you have the chance.
menobrown4.13 - Eli Manning, NYG, QB1210.13 - Kevin Kolb, PHI, QB29I'd love to give you an incomplete. If Kolb gets the keys in Philly you are looking at a C+, but until the Grade D.1.04 - Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC, RB42.13 - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB1211.04 - Leon Washington, NYJ, RB5012.13 - Dexter McCluster, ®, RB5319.04 - Montario Hardesty, ®, RB73I think each of your first three RB picks offered huge value. Perfect sceonario to gobble up some rookie talent. Grade A+5.04 - Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR266.13 - Steve Breaston, ARI, WR378.13 - Chaz Schilens, OAK, WR509.04 - Devin Hester, CHI, WR5213.04 - Arrelious Benn, ®, WR7418.13 - Deion Branch, SEA, WR8920.13 - Jacoby Ford, ®, WR103This group really scares me in a bad way. Your top four will have weeks where they do nothing. If those align you're cooked. You'll need Branch and the rooks to contribute. Grade D-3.04 - Jermichael Finley, GB, TE57.04 - Chris Cooley, WAS, TE13Another position where you scooped up value. You amass some huge points here. Grade A16.13 - Shayne Graham, CIN, K2217.04 - Jason Hanson, DET, K23Graham should latch on somewhere. Grade D14.13 - Bears, CHI, D1215.04 - Texans, HOU, D14I think the Texans are undervalued. Peppers should help the Bears D. Grade A.I think you made some outstanding picks. I don't like how unbalanced this team is. I see you leaving lots of points on the bench at RB and TE. You'll score enough there to hang around for awhile, but everything will have to go right for you to take a title. Normally I would give a team like this an average grade, but your the MacDaddy of survivor and I have to defer to you excellence. Grade B-

Uruk-Hai

2.15 - Tom Brady, NE, QB4

12.15 - Marc Bulger, STL, QB33

I’ve got to admit, I’ve never been a fan of Brady’s. At the same time I also must admit he has proved me wrong for many a fantasy season. Even so, I just don’t foresee him being any more than a top 7-10 QB at best…….especially with the loss of Welker for possibly half the upcoming season and the inconsistencies of Moss (+ Moss’ age and my perceived lack of desire on his part.) Bulger, in my mind, won’t even register a snap next season even if he is on a NFL team.

Grade: B-

1.02 - Adrian Peterson, MIN, RB2

7.02 - Darren McFadden, OAK, RB32

8.15 - Donald Brown, IND, RB41

9.02 - Ricky Williams, MIA, RB43

18.15 - Kevin Faulk, NE, RB71

Here we have another team with limited upside after the initial RB pick (Peterson.) McFadden blows in my opinion and is in no way qualified as a RB2. Brown should accomplish this for you for about half of the weeks you are alive. The other half will be covered by Williams. Faulk will be a non-factor every week this year.

Grade: C-

3.02 - Steve Smith, NYG, WR13

4.15 - Wes Welker, NE, WR22

5.02 - Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR25

10.15 - Andre Caldwell, CIN, WR59

11.02 - Devin Thomas, WAS, WR61

17.02 - Mark Clayton, BAL, WR81

20.15 - Patrick Crayton, DAL, WR104

I am torn here with this collection of WR’s. Any other year I would say you got a steal with Welker in the 4th. This year I think it’s too big of a risk, especially as your WR2, if that is in fact what you were planning to get out of him. I’m not sold on Smith from the Giants being a top 16 WR either, so that puts in question his WR1 status. Between Cotch, Caldwell and Clayton you should get serviceable WR 2/3 production, but nothing extraordinary. Thomas and Clayton may contribute occasionally if not only sporadically.

Grade: C+ Tried to go higher here but just couldn’t justify it.

6.15 - Heath Miller, PIT, TE12

13.02 - Anthony Fasano, MIA, TE27

(Personal opinion only but) I just don’t like Miller to be top 16 this season…….it likely has to do with my distaste for Roethlisberger as a fantasy player.

Grade: D

15.02 - Lawrence Tynes, NYG, K8

19.02 - Josh Scobee, JAC, K29

Tynes was a surprise last year that will likely continue to produce at a high rate. Scobee is serviceable for odd off weeks by Tynes and bye week coverage (provided they aren’t the same.)

Grade: B+

14.15 - Colts, IND, D13

16.15 - Falcons, ATL, D25

Colts need help defensively and so do the Falcons. Depending on their 2010 draft selections either of these D’s could move up and become viable fantasy D’s this year…….but until then…….

Grade: C Average at best for Colts.

Overall Grade: C+
BnB - thoughts?

Bass please grade my team when you have the chance.
menobrown4.13 - Eli Manning, NYG, QB1210.13 - Kevin Kolb, PHI, QB29I'd love to give you an incomplete. If Kolb gets the keys in Philly you are looking at a C+, but until the Grade D.1.04 - Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC, RB42.13 - Jamaal Charles, KC, RB1211.04 - Leon Washington, NYJ, RB5012.13 - Dexter McCluster, ®, RB5319.04 - Montario Hardesty, ®, RB73I think each of your first three RB picks offered huge value. Perfect sceonario to gobble up some rookie talent. Grade A+5.04 - Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR266.13 - Steve Breaston, ARI, WR378.13 - Chaz Schilens, OAK, WR509.04 - Devin Hester, CHI, WR5213.04 - Arrelious Benn, ®, WR7418.13 - Deion Branch, SEA, WR8920.13 - Jacoby Ford, ®, WR103This group really scares me in a bad way. Your top four will have weeks where they do nothing. If those align you're cooked. You'll need Branch and the rooks to contribute. Grade D-3.04 - Jermichael Finley, GB, TE57.04 - Chris Cooley, WAS, TE13Another position where you scooped up value. You amass some huge points here. Grade A16.13 - Shayne Graham, CIN, K2217.04 - Jason Hanson, DET, K23Graham should latch on somewhere. Grade D14.13 - Bears, CHI, D1215.04 - Texans, HOU, D14I think the Texans are undervalued. Peppers should help the Bears D. Grade A.I think you made some outstanding picks. I don't like how unbalanced this team is. I see you leaving lots of points on the bench at RB and TE. You'll score enough there to hang around for awhile, but everything will have to go right for you to take a title. Normally I would give a team like this an average grade, but your the MacDaddy of survivor and I have to defer to you excellence. Grade B-
Thanks for the writeup and I agree with most of it. While I probably like my WR's more than anyone else even I know they are shaky and could tear the team apart and if Kolb does not get a starting job it looks like I could be weak at two key positions. Also Charles is going to lose a lot of value if they bring in Thomas Jones so at this point a B- is probably being kind but I'll take it.

Edited to reflect the changes in team affiliation for lots of players. If any omissions/mistakes, let me know.

BassNBrew

6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB16 6

8.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB20 9

9.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21 9

1.03 - Ray Rice, BAL, RB3 8

5.03 - Felix Jones, DAL, RB23 4

7.03 - Marion Barber III, DAL, RB33 4

18.14 - LenDale White, TEN, RB70 9

2.14 - DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR12 8

3.03 - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR14 4

4.14 - Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR21 4

11.03 - Nate Burleson, SEA, WR62 7

13.03 - Josh Morgan, SF, WR73 9

19.03 - Legedu Naanee, SD, WR91 10

10.14 - Todd Heap, BAL, TE22 8

17.03 - Dante Rosario, CAR, TE33 6

20.14 - Bo Scaife, TEN, TE35 9

14.14 - Stephen Gostkowski, NE, K5 5

15.03 - Ryan Longwell, MIN, K9 4

12.14 - Cowboys, DAL, D7 4

16.14 - Seahawks, SEA, D24 5

Six players off week 4. All D's and K's off weeks 4/5. A little troubling, but at least it's early.

The following players and team affiliations have been up-dated:

Rackers - HOU

Burleson - DET

Bryant - CIN

Bell - PHI

Ginn - SF

Holt - NE

Marshall - MIA

Scheffler - DET

Holmes - NYJ

Ruffrodys05

3.01 - Philip Rivers, SD, QB5 (10)

12.16 - Jimmy Clausen, ®, QB34 (?)

1.01 - Chris Johnson, TEN, RB1 (9)

7.01 - Thomas Jones, KC, RB31 (4)

8.16 - Ryan Matthews, SD, RB42 (10)

13.01 - Brian Westbrook, FA, RB54 (?)

18.16 - Leonard Weaver, PHI, RB72 (8)

4.16 - Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR23 (8)

5.01 - Hines Ward, PIT, WR24 (5)

6.16 - Kenny Britt, TEN, WR38 (9)

9.01 - James Jones, GB, WR51 (10)

10.16 - Johnny Knox, CHI, WR60 (8)

19.01 - Harry Douglas, ATL, WR90 (8)

2.16 - Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE4 (8)

11.01 - Fred Davis, WAS, TE23 (9)

20.16 - Rob Gronkowski, ®,TE36 (?)

14.16 - Neil Rackers, HOU, K6 (7)

15.01 - Robbie Gould, CHI, K7 (8)

16.16 - Jaguars, JAC, D26 (9)

17.01 - Rams, STL, D27 (9)

Doesn't look like I have any major issues, although I'll be going without a D in week 9 if my team survives that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following players were edited:

J. Campbell - OAK

L. Washington - SEA

L. White - SEA

In addition, rookies have also been edited.

3.01 - Philip Rivers, SD, QB5 (10)

12.16 - Jimmy Clausen, CAR, QB34 (6)

1.01 - Chris Johnson, TEN, RB1 (9)

7.01 - Thomas Jones, KC, RB31 (4)

8.16 - Ryan Mathews, SD, RB42 (10)

13.01 - Brian Westbrook, FA, RB54 (?)

18.16 - Leonard Weaver, PHI, RB72 (8)

4.16 - Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR23 (8)

5.01 - Hines Ward, PIT, WR24 (5)

6.16 - Kenny Britt, TEN, WR38 (9)

9.01 - James Jones, GB, WR51 (10)

10.16 - Johnny Knox, CHI, WR60 (8)

19.01 - Harry Douglas, ATL, WR90 (8)

2.16 - Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE4 (8)

11.01 - Fred Davis, WAS, TE23 (9)

20.16 - Rob Gronkowski, NE,TE36 (5)

14.16 - Neil Rackers, HOU, K6 (7)

15.01 - Robbie Gould, CHI, K7 (8)

16.16 - Jaguars, JAC, D26 (9)

17.01 - Rams, STL, D27 (9)

Doesn't look like I have any major issues, although I'll be going without a D in week 9 if my team survives that far.
Edit: Thoughts on my Rookies: QB - I really thought Clausen would land somewhere that he would immediately start. Going to the Panthers, I'm not so sure he can beat out Moore for the job. If this team gets through week 10 I'll be happy.

RB - Mathews in San Diego was where I thought (& hoped) he might land, although I would have been happy with just about any of the other teams that were hyped as suitors, except maybe Houston because of the huge possibility of a RBBC being used there even with Mathews. I think he'll be a solid RB2 when paired with Johnson. Plus, Norv just said today that he expects Mathews to get 250 carries and 40 receptions. While KC added Dexter McCluster, they intend to use him as a slot WR per a report Saturday, which leads me to believe Jones remains another solid RB2 in this format. Westbrook still has yet to sign anywhere but it looks more and more like he will land in St. Louis, which I think will be a good spot for him to be able to contribute without taking too much punishment. Westbrook could help me out a couple of weeks.

TE - New England was a great spot for Gronkowski to land and it may have saved my TE group from sucking as a whole. While he is listed behind Crumpler on the current depth chart I think he easily overtakes him in TC. Granted, NE/Brady rarely look to the TE as a receiving workhorse, but with Welker out I think they will be more likely to look there, more often, early in the 2010 season. I know some will say that Gronkowski is more of a blocker and the other rookie picked by NE, Hernandez, is more of a pure pass-catcher and thus likelier to get those looks instead. Either way, Gronkowski was a throw in towards the end of this draft and IF he provides me with anything it will be a nice surprise.

Post Draft/Bye Week Announcement/Trades Edit

Stinkin Ref

3.10 - Matt Schaub, HOU, QB6 (7)

4.07 - Donovan McNabb, WAS, QB10 (9)

I feel McNabb's value takes a hit with the move to WAS. Leaving behind a better group of weapons than what he has now. At the time of this draft (this pick) it wasn't so clear that he was going to be gone, but should have seen the writing on the wall. There are definately a few QB's I would rather have now, including Kolb, especially with burning a 4th rounder. But still a pretty good pairing here and no bye week issues. Barring injury, will have two to chose from for the first 7 weeks.

5.10 - Jerome Harrison, CLE, RB26 (8)

7.10 - Jonathan Dwyer, PIT, RB35 (5)

9.10 - Laurence Maroney, NE, RB44 (5)

10.07 - Cadillac Williams, TB, RB49 (4)

13.10 - Joe McKnight, NYJ, RB56 (7)

16.07 - Willie Parker, WAS, RB60 (9)

Still hate this group. Would have liked to see McNight land somewhere without two guys ahead of him, but maybe he can still get some time on a team that likes to run. Dwyer's stock really fell, but he ends up in an interesting situation. He could end up RB2 on Pitt by the time the season starts and Pitt won't want to run Mendy into the ground, so he could see some action. Need Caddy to have a nice year, and FWP is nothing but a wildcard at this point and not a real soild 16th round pick. Hardesty may also hurt Harrison's value. I learned a little bit and will most likely get my lunch handed to me because of my poor drafting at this position.

1.10 - Randy Moss, NE, WR3 (5)

6.07 - Terrell Owens, FA, WR35 (?)

8.07 - Devin Aromashodu, CHI, WR47 (8)

11.10 - Mario Manningham, NYG, WR65 (8)

12.07 - Demaryius Thomas, DEN, WR72 (9)

19.10 - Damian Williams, TEN, WR93 (9)

I like this group. Depending on where TO ends up I might like it even better. Really need him to not have a week 8 or 9 bye week. Thomas goes to a good/great spot. Williams also lands in a decent spot as far as seeing the field, however I hate having to count on VY to get the ball to my WR. These two rookies might actually contribute pretty quickly.

2.07 - Jason Witten, DAL, TE3 (4)

14.07 - Aaron Hernandez, NE, TE31 (5)

Dez will demand some balls in Dallas, but also could open things up a little more for Witten. Still don't like my Hernandez pick, but if he was going to go somewhere, it could have been worse. Crumpler and Gronkowski aren't really huge pass catching threats, so I think Hernandez could see some time. They spent a 4th on him, so hopefully he gets in the mix.

15.10 - Matt Prater, DEN, K13 (9)

17.10 - Olindo Mare, SEA, K25 (5)

Two solid guys, job security, no bye week issues.

18.07 - Raiders, OAK, D30 (10)

20.07 - Lions, DET, D32 (7)

No bye week issues and both teams appeared to have upgraded their defensive units and possibly special teams.

Overall: RB's and the Hernandez pick will kill me, but maybe my QB's, WR's, and Witten can keep me in the hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread