What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL4 - Teams & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

From the Draft thread:

Toad, what are you doing to me. I held off on Shiancoe thinking there was no way you would take him with Clark already on your roster.

8.03 A. Collie WR IND

PMs out.
I had Shiancoe rated as about the #7 TE. When he lingered to the #16 spot, he was just too good to pass up.There's an interesting effect called the "I don't know effect" which is the uncertainty that surrounds some players due to their association with other players. In this case, it's the Farve effect. I'm obviously not effected by that since I think Farve is a dead certainty to come back so I'm not concerned by the cloud that surrounds Shiancoe. And, I sure didn't want to leave him active for nittany lion as I felt he was sticking out like a sore thumb.

If Farve bails, I'm screwed so I may as well go all in and call the big blind.

I'd have taken Collie, he was the obviouse choice I referred to. That was a sure bye week conflict with Clark.

I thinks that logic is on the side of a strong TE duo as the scoring favors that theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not as certain about Favre returning as you seem to be, but you are right that the value for Shiancoe was great at the end of the 7th round.

The lesson I continue to need to re-learn is if you really like a guy, you just need to take him and not overthink the situation.

Didn't feel that stellar about my Spiller/Hightower combo, so I took Best in the 8th. Another low risk pick with mammoth upside. Last season Beanie and McCoy nearly took me to the promised land in SSL1. Hoping for a repeat.

Didn't feel that stellar about my Spiller/Hightower combo, so I took Best in the 8th. Another low risk pick with mammoth upside. Last season Beanie and McCoy nearly took me to the promised land in SSL1. Hoping for a repeat.
"........hoping to nearly get there," ........that's PriceLess.I nearly got there, too......to the "Promised Land."

.....It Was Close, but no cigar; .......to no avail......gotta Luv It!

I really did like your Top Thirty Rookie Breakdown, though. If you keep doing that passion type stuff, you'll get there......eventually.

Probably sooner than later.

Well Done.

:lmao:

hey ruff....

you got mine and yellow's picks switched.....he has Hasselbeck and I have Aromashodu

"........hoping to nearly get there," ........that's PriceLess.I nearly got there, too......to the "Promised Land."

Well I had the best team in that league IMO. Just got unlucky in weeks 16-17 because I had Rodgers, Wayne, and Gates (my top 3 picks) all basically sitting out.

EBF said:

Well I had the best team in that league IMO. Just got unlucky in weeks 16-17 because I had Rodgers, Wayne, and Gates (my top 3 picks) all basically sitting out.
Part of winning is drafting players that aren't riding the pine in weeks #16-#17. That's easier said than done.

Well, not quite as far as I thought we'd be by now, but we are kind of steady. We're through pick 8.13 (125) as of this posting after 11 days of picks. We only had 7 picks today (Friday.) There are definitely some expected lulls through each round at this point.

About the only time I am not around is 2:00am EST until 10 or 11:00 am EST. I usually update picks around noon-ish, but have been later.

Aside from a minor PC glitch earlier I have been around, and will be around. So feel free to send PM's my way. It might help to pick up the speed of the draft?

Well, not quite as far as I thought we'd be by now, but we are kind of steady. We're through pick 8.13 (125) as of this posting after 11 days of picks. We only had 7 picks today (Friday.) There are definitely some expected lulls through each round at this point.

About the only time I am not around is 2:00am EST until 10 or 11:00 am EST. I usually update picks around noon-ish, but have been later.

Aside from a minor PC glitch earlier I have been around, and will be around. So feel free to send PM's my way. It might help to pick up the speed of the draft?
That's one pick every 2.12 hours.16 teams X 20 rounds = 320 picks X 2.12 hours = 678.4 hours/24 hours = 28.26 days.

WSL-1 completed their draft in 26 days and 5 hours: or 624 hours/320 picks = 1 pick every 1.95 hours.

We'll be close to that at the end because it will be ......scratch that.

It is what it is.

:tumbleweed:

QB: Flacco, Sanchez

RB: SJackson, Sproles, Slaton

WR: VJackson, Sims-Walker, Bess

TE: VDavis

I'm liking how this is shaping up, decent QBBC is things break right although both QBs are on run-first teams. Hopefully Slaton can regain his rookie form.

Bess likely won't ever be a stud but he's going to get 60-80 receptions and be fairly consistent.

BassNBrew

6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB16

8.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB20

9.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21

1.03 - Ray Rice, BAL, RB3

5.03 - Felix Jones, DAL, RB23

7.03 - Marion Barber III, DAL, RB33

2.14 - DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR12

3.03 - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR14

4.14 - Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR21

Stoked about how this draft has gone down. Wasn't planning on three QBs, but absolute steals in Bowe @ 4.14 and Barber @ 7.03 afforded me the luxary of protecting against Leinart sucking. If Leinart doesn't end up totally sucking, that trio should vault me even or ahead of most everyone else in the league. Obviously I'll have the worst TEs in the league. With 2 pt TE recpts that could become a fatal flaw. The drop off between what I could have selected with these last two picks and what will be available over the next several rounds is miniscule. I also suspect that once people realize I have 3 QBs, the push will be on by others to suck up the remianing starters.

TC: Last Seen: 12th February 2010 - 03:48 PM

hasn't been on since mid day Friday....

see you guys Monday......

I don't understand this.......why would you bolt until Monday, when I posted I had Cripplers pick, just 2 in front of yours? Or was this something TC stated somewhere and I missed it?Yeah, TC timed out, now we can move forward again. But alas, it appears you probably won't check back in today. It's a shame really as I have been around extremely often and could have taken a PM (with a list of possible selections) from you and we could get this thing moving again.

Oh well.

Aside from TC's missed pick at 9.07, the thread is up-dated through pick 9.09.

Edit: Thanks for returning today to make your pick! Up-dated through 9.10

I don't understand this.......why would you bolt until Monday, when I posted I had Cripplers pick, just 2 in front of yours? Or was this something TC stated somewhere and I missed it?Yeah, TC timed out, now we can move forward again. But alas, it appears you probably won't check back in today. It's a shame really as I have been around extremely often and could have taken a PM (with a list of possible selections) from you and we could get this thing moving again.

Oh well.

was pretty much tongue in cheek.....I try to check in often, but almost to the point now of if I am know I am going to be gone, don't even know if I want to spend the time and tip my hand by pm'ing.....some in similiar situations really haven't.....I know that is a bad attitude and just adds to the problem.......but... sorry......just venting here and preachin to the choir.... have had things come up before and timed out in drafts...I know things happen....would just like to see a little more courtesy extended....I know we have an 8 hour clock, but still people should be checking in at least once a day....especially if they know they will be up soon/at all....last I will say about it......

Oh well.

was pretty much tongue in cheek.....I try to check in often, but almost to the point now of if I am know I am going to be gone, don't even know if I want to spend the time and tip my hand by pm'ing.....some in similiar situations really haven't.....I know that is a bad attitude and just adds to the problem.......but... sorry......just venting here and preachin to the choir.... have had things come up before and timed out in drafts...I know things happen....would just like to see a little more courtesy extended....I know we have an 8 hour clock, but still people should be checking in at least once a day....especially if they know they will be up soon/at all....last I will say about it......
don't be wishy-washy . how do you really feel?

Oh well.

don't be wishy-washy . how do you really feel?
buzzed....on the 4th bottle of champagne with mrs ref.....no kids this morning/afternoon...... :confused:

This is not the **OFFICIAL** Drunk Thread.....get a room.

All non-such FFB talk aside: I'm real surprised to have the honor to select Kyle Orton at QB #26. Now, I know Orton's a slug but he's a #17-#20 slug, at worse. To get him at #26 is a good deal, especially since he's in the second year in the same system.

I know: he could break a leg and all but I think he'll be better this year than last....there it is again :shrug: ....

......the dreaded MHO.

:popcorn:

All non-such FFB talk aside: I'm real surprised to have the honor to select Kyle Orton at QB #26. Now, I know Orton's a slug but he's a #17-#20 slug, at worse. To get him at #26 is a good deal, especially since he's in the second year in the same system.

I know: he could break a leg and all but I think he'll be better this year than last....there it is again :lmao: ....

......the dreaded MHO.

:thumbup:
WIll he be there QB is the big question. What happens with no Marshall for his numbers. Is he not a FA also or am I wrong on that thought

I know: he could break a leg and all but I think he'll be better this year than last....there it is again :goodposting: ....

......the dreaded MHO.

:shrug:
WIll he be there QB is the big question. What happens with no Marshall for his numbers. Is he not a FA also or am I wrong on that thought
Denver's newspaper (singular) sets out the scenario that:1) Orton is part of the capped uncapped year deal,

2) his contract has expired, and

3) that Dem Froncos will do what's necessary to retain him.

Now, watch....McNabb will sign here on March 6TH.

:unsure:

BassNBrew

Stoked about how this draft has gone down. Wasn't planning on three QBs, but absolute steals in Bowe @ 4.14 and Barber @ 7.03 afforded me the luxary of protecting against Leinart sucking. If Leinart doesn't end up totally sucking, that trio should vault me even or ahead of most everyone else in the league. Obviously I'll have the worst TEs in the league. With 2 pt TE recpts that could become a fatal flaw. The drop off between what I could have selected with these last two picks and what will be available over the next several rounds is miniscule. I also suspect that once people realize I have 3 QBs, the push will be on by others to suck up the remianing starters.
So much for that theory.I see FUBAR grabbed a 3rd QB. Looks like that leaves roughly 6 teams right now with one QB.

BassNBrew

Could be a very potent trio. Picking from 3 socres each week will be a nice leg up on most teams. I expect between Leinart's weapons and Garrard's runshing to have some big weeks.

Rice's recpts are gold in this league. I expect big things from Jones this year, but if I'm wrong, Barber has me covered.

Wicked strong on the top end. Won't need to go too deep here with this talent on board.

10.14 - Todd Heap, BAL, TE

I don't see much difference between Heap and roughly 10 other guys drafted prior to him other than injury risk.

Thrilled with this team, can't wait for the season to start.

BassNBrew6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB168.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB209.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB21Could be a very potent trio. Picking from 3 socres each week will be a nice leg up on most teams. I expect between Leinart's weapons and Garrard's runshing to have some big weeks.
I agree with this theory for those of us who waited for a QB. There's considerable risk with each of your QBs but I'd assume you'll find a decent start each week. Same thing applies to me except our risk is different.

QB - Brady

RB - Peterson, Don Brown, Ricky Williams, McFadden

WR - S Smith (NYG), Welker, Cotchery, Caldwell

TE - H Miller

I kinda got out of whack on what I wanted to do coming in so I'm not thrilled with this team.

2.09 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB2

6.09 - Carson Palmer, CIN, QB15

4.09 - Joseph Addai, IND, RB20

5.08 - Reggie Bush, NO, RB24

8.09 - LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB39

1.08 - Reggie Wayne, IND, WR2

3.08 - Anquan Boldin, ARI, WR15

10.09 - Malcom Floyd, SD, WR57

7.08 - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE14

9.08 - Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE17

QB's are very solid in the end. I thought with 2 good ones I dont have to worry about the trash at end or gtabbing a 3rd. My RB's may not be to everyone's likings but I am pretty happy. Was hoping to have Beanie-Addai but that did not work out. I think LT has something left in tank and will be my surprise player this year like Clark last year and Rivers the year before that I grabbed later. My top 2 WR is strong, I will play committee with the rest of the group in the end. I like Floyd though. I am happy with my 2 TE. No stud but both could really improve this year

Very solid team and happy with most of the outcomes. LT is my fav pick though still

Chomping at the bit here. I see a couple of steals and am keeping my fingers crossed one of them surives the turn.

At the 10-11 turn, there are four teams without a #2 QB:

1) RuffRoddy05, 10.16 and 11.01

2) el super gringo, 11.05

3) TC, 11.07

4) EBF, 11.12

:rolleyes:

QB-Eli Manning, Kevin Kolb

RB- MJD, Jamal Charles, Leon Washington, Dexter McCluster

WR- Hakeem Nicks, Steve Breaston, Chaz Schilens, Devin Hester

TE- Jermichael Finley, Chris Cooley

All in all I think I like my team so I need some things to happen. I'm banking on Kolb being a starting QB and Boldin getting dealt out of Arizona.

I really like my RB's and TE's. I think Eli is a very solid QB who I have just inside the top 10 but whether or not Kolb starts and if so with whom will ultimately decide how good I am at QB with respect to the rest of the league. The WR's are the definite weak links. Individually they look pretty talented and have breakout potential but none of them are proven consistent producers. WR's could kill me if I whiff on 2 or more of the one's I've picked.

QB-Eli Manning, Kevin KolbRB- MJD, Jamal Charles, Leon Washington, Dexter McClusterWR- Hakeem Nicks, Steve Breaston, Chaz Schilens, Devin HesterTE- Jermichael Finley, Chris CooleyAll in all I think I like my team so I need some things to happen. I'm banking on Kolb being a starting QB and Boldin getting dealt out of Arizona. I really like my RB's and TE's. I think Eli is a very solid QB who I have just inside the top 10 but whether or not Kolb starts and if so with whom will ultimately decide how good I am at QB with respect to the rest of the league. The WR's are the definite weak links. Individually they look pretty talented and have breakout potential but none of them are proven consistent producers. WR's could kill me if I whiff on 2 or more of the one's I've picked.
Not a huge fan of what you've done here. If Kolb hits you'll have a middle of the pack tandem. You likely have the best starting RBs in the league. Adding Washington made this unit stronger. Didn't see the need to spend your last pick on McCluster when a pick at most any other position would have improved your team more. Nicks as a one will leave you hurting many weeks with Smith and MM around. Seems like you had a theme here...pick WRs from teams with lots of other competition for the ball. Chaz is the exception and showed flashes...of course he needs a QB to raise his ceiling. Finley will do well for you. Because of that, Cooley is a luxary you didn't need. It's not that I think you made bad picks, it's just that your team doesn't mesh well together.

QB-Eli Manning, Kevin KolbRB- MJD, Jamal Charles, Leon Washington, Dexter McClusterWR- Hakeem Nicks, Steve Breaston, Chaz Schilens, Devin HesterTE- Jermichael Finley, Chris CooleyAll in all I think I like my team so I need some things to happen. I'm banking on Kolb being a starting QB and Boldin getting dealt out of Arizona. I really like my RB's and TE's. I think Eli is a very solid QB who I have just inside the top 10 but whether or not Kolb starts and if so with whom will ultimately decide how good I am at QB with respect to the rest of the league. The WR's are the definite weak links. Individually they look pretty talented and have breakout potential but none of them are proven consistent producers. WR's could kill me if I whiff on 2 or more of the one's I've picked.
Not a huge fan of what you've done here. If Kolb hits you'll have a middle of the pack tandem. You likely have the best starting RBs in the league. Adding Washington made this unit stronger. Didn't see the need to spend your last pick on McCluster when a pick at most any other position would have improved your team more. Nicks as a one will leave you hurting many weeks with Smith and MM around. Seems like you had a theme here...pick WRs from teams with lots of other competition for the ball. Chaz is the exception and showed flashes...of course he needs a QB to raise his ceiling. Finley will do well for you. Because of that, Cooley is a luxary you didn't need. It's not that I think you made bad picks, it's just that your team doesn't mesh well together.
Kolb to Cleveland is not that good fantasy wise IMO. I am not as high on Charles so I think the RB core is okay. WR sucks. TE I love but agree with Bass that it was not a necessity but nice to get great production from one of the higher scoring positions out there. Not a big fan either. I like Gamma's team besides mine

BassNBrew

11.03 - Nate Burleson, SEA, WR62

13.03 - Josh Morgan, SF WR

10.14 - Todd Heap, BAL, TE22

12.14 - Dallas Defense

Interesting draft thus far. Still debating how to fill out this roster. I usually like to have a deep WR bench, but I'm not sure if anyone else I add would have much of a chance to post a score more than once or twice. The main reason for the recent Morgan pick was to allow me to cap the WRs at 6 total with the option to sit tight with the 5 already picked.

4.04 - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT, QB8

9.13 - Matt Cassell, KC, QB25

High on Ben for next year, hopefully won't need Cassell much, even though I see KC improving

2.04 - DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB10

7.13 - Clinton Portis, WAS, RB37

11.13 - Tashard Choice, DAL, RB51

Wanted a stronger RB2/3 but kept missing on players I wanted. Going to have to hope and get lucky in the later rounds

1.13 - Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, WR4

3.13 - Chad Ochocinco, CIN, WR17

6.04 - TJ Houshmandzadeh, SEA, WR31

8.04 - Dez Bryant, ®, WR46

Love my top 4 here, high upside and high floor. Need to add depth, but not much more than fillers

5.13 - Greg Olsen, CHI, TE10

10.04 - Tony Scheffler, DEN, TE20

Hopefully Martz can use Olsen in the slot some or I'll be pretty screwed at TE

12.04 - Packers, GB, D5

so I get home late last night from reffing some high school hoops.....go straight to the computer just to check on stuff.....see that I repeated a pick made by ruff.....take a quick look at who is left, see that nothing really excites me, so I take a flyer on a young WR who I am pretty high on and think could make an impact pretty quickly....shut down the computer and crawl into bed with Mrs. Ref.....flip on the TV to chill out a little before going to sleep and then see this scroll across the screen on ESPN...

ESPN news confirms that the young WR who Stinkin Ref just took a flyer on in his WSL4 draft broke his foot in training Tuesday.....it was a clean break but will take about 6 weeks to heal......

know I jumped on him way too soon, but there are other ways to teach the Ref a lesson....

oh well...........

Kolb to Cleveland is not that good fantasy wise IMO. I am not as high on Charles so I think the RB core is okay. WR sucks. TE I love but agree with Bass that it was not a necessity but nice to get great production from one of the higher scoring positions out there. Not a big fan either. I like Gamma's team besides mine
Kolb going to Cleveland is the second worst thing that could happen. Only him opening up as Mcnabb's backup in Philly would be worse. As an NFL starter anywhere he's a solid fantasy backup in a best ball format especially when he backs up a QB who never misses games. If he ends up in the right place, like staying in Philly as the starter, I think he can be huge. And I think people are asleep on Eli's potential right now. He was the #10 fantasy QB last season and the gap between him and the #3 QB was not very large and I think as Nicks and Manningham improve to go along with Steve Smith Manning's production will continue to improve. On the TE's. I'd agree with both of you if this was not a best ball format. But I don't think using a 3rd and 7th round draft pick in a 16 team league is addressing the position to much especially when it's 2 points per reception and it's a position that suffers a good amount of injuries. That being said I did not plan on taking Cooley in the 7th I just felt he was the best value at the time in this format. The WR's are not a good looking group and I'd agree it could be my downfall and why I'd never say this team is can't miss or great. But on the other hand I'm very solid at RB, stacked at TE, depending on what happens to Kolb I could range from less than average to stacked at QB. So if the QB position works out all I need is to hit on a few WR's and my team will be strong and I picked up a few players I think have great breakout potential and just added a rookie in Benn. Different format and maybe it biased me but I won the FBG contest with what was a very thin group of WR's. Thin enough that I had to use Schilens and Earl Bennett multiple weeks in the final round. The key to that team is I got points from every other position. So to a degree I'd say I tried to build this team the same way. Can't wait to see how it goes.

BassNBrew6.14 - Matt Leinart, ARI, QB168.14 - David Garrard, JAC, QB209.03 - Alex Smith, SF, QB211.03 - Ray Rice, BAL, RB35.03 - Felix Jones, DAL, RB237.03 - Marion Barber III, DAL, RB332.14 - DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR123.03 - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR144.14 - Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR2111.03 - Nate Burleson, SEA, WR6213.03 - Josh Morgan, SF WR10.14 - Todd Heap, BAL, TE2212.14 - Dallas DefenseInteresting draft thus far. Still debating how to fill out this roster. I usually like to have a deep WR bench, but I'm not sure if anyone else I add would have much of a chance to post a score more than once or twice. The main reason for the recent Morgan pick was to allow me to cap the WRs at 6 total with the option to sit tight with the 5 already picked.
Decent team if Heap works out but in a 2 PPR TE league I'd hate to have him as my only TE. That position could kill you. When you commented on my team you mentioned that taking Cooley as my second TE was luxury and I'd say that's what you have done at the WR position. I'd have liked your team more if you had gotten another TE over one of those WR's. As a whole:QB- Average. Nice job on getting 3 solid players but still an average group.RB- Rice is great and I think Felix was a great pick were you got him but you need more depth especially if Choice stay's in Dallas.WR- Outstanding group.TE- Don't hate Heap were you took him but would hate him as my starting TE. He finally got back to having a decent season last year but it was also his lowest catch and yardage total he's ever had in a 16 game season. Combine that with him being a year older and his injury history and I'd hate for him to me my lone TE.

2.09 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB26.09 - Carson Palmer, CIN, QB154.09 - Joseph Addai, IND, RB205.08 - Reggie Bush, NO, RB248.09 - LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, RB391.08 - Reggie Wayne, IND, WR23.08 - Anquan Boldin, ARI, WR1510.09 - Malcom Floyd, SD, WR577.08 - Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE149.08 - Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE17QB's are very solid in the end. I thought with 2 good ones I dont have to worry about the trash at end or gtabbing a 3rd. My RB's may not be to everyone's likings but I am pretty happy. Was hoping to have Beanie-Addai but that did not work out. I think LT has something left in tank and will be my surprise player this year like Clark last year and Rivers the year before that I grabbed later. My top 2 WR is strong, I will play committee with the rest of the group in the end. I like Floyd though. I am happy with my 2 TE. No stud but both could really improve this yearVery solid team and happy with most of the outcomes. LT is my fav pick though still
I'd agree with you it's a very solid team. Question marks exist but they do for most teams at this point. Key questions for you will Bush stay in NO and what happens to LT? Is Pettigrew going to be healthy to start the season and will Keller get more involved in the passing game? Very solid team if some of these things work out.

Yellow Line is Unofficial

8.08 - Matt Hasselbeck, SEA, QB19

9.09 - Josh Freeman, TB, QB24

11.09 - Michael Vick, PHI, QB30

1.09 - Frank Gore, SF, RB7

5.09 - Ronnie Brown, MIA, RB25

6.08 - Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB28

2.08 - Calvin Johnson, DET, WR10

3.09 - Steve Smith, CAR, WR16

7.09 - Julian Edelman, NE, WR41

10.08 - Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE, WR56

4.08 - Brent Celek, PHI, TE7

12.08 - Jermaine Gresham, ®, TE26

So far so good, Avg QBs at best but with three I should be OK. I love my backs and receivers. TE should be fine.

All in all I think I like my team so I need some things to happen. I'm banking on Kolb being a starting QB and Boldin getting dealt out of Arizona.

I really like my RB's and TE's. I think Eli is a very solid QB who I have just inside the top 10 but whether or not Kolb starts and if so with whom will ultimately decide how good I am at QB with respect to the rest of the league. The WR's are the definite weak links. Individually they look pretty talented and have breakout potential but none of them are proven consistent producers. WR's could kill me if I whiff on 2 or more of the one's I've picked.
Kolb going to Cleveland is the second worst thing that could happen. Only him opening up as Mcnabb's backup in Philly would be worse. As an NFL starter anywhere he's a solid fantasy backup in a best ball format especially when he backs up a QB who never misses games. If he ends up in the right place, like staying in Philly as the starter, I think he can be huge. And I think people are asleep on Eli's potential right now. He was the #10 fantasy QB last season and the gap between him and the #3 QB was not very large and I think as Nicks and Manningham improve to go along with Steve Smith Manning's production will continue to improve.

On the TE's. I'd agree with both of you if this was not a best ball format. But I don't think using a 3rd and 7th round draft pick in a 16 team league is addressing the position to much especially when it's 2 points per reception and it's a position that suffers a good amount of injuries. That being said I did not plan on taking Cooley in the 7th I just felt he was the best value at the time in this format.

The WR's are not a good looking group and I'd agree it could be my downfall and why I'd never say this team is can't miss or great. But on the other hand I'm very solid at RB, stacked at TE, depending on what happens to Kolb I could range from less than average to stacked at QB. So if the QB position works out all I need is to hit on a few WR's and my team will be strong and I picked up a few players I think have great breakout potential and just added a rookie in Benn. Different format and maybe it biased me but I won the FBG contest with what was a very thin group of WR's. Thin enough that I had to use Schilens and Earl Bennett multiple weeks in the final round. The key to that team is I got points from every other position. So to a degree I'd say I tried to build this team the same way. Can't wait to see how it goes.
On second thought, I should keep my mouth shut and take notes. :towelwave: Actually your championship and the excellent posting in the contest thread was the reason I thought to invite you to join in here. Thanks for chiming in here.

eta: I just think Finley produces so well this year that Cooley is a limited factor on your team.

My shotgun approach continues...

6.10 - Chris Chambers, KC, WR36

7.07 - Eddie Royal, DEN, WR40

8.10 - Roy Williams, DAL, WR48

9.07 - Ted Ginn Jr. MIA, WR53

10.10 - Anthony Gonzalez, IND, WR58

13.07 - Earl Bennett, CHI, WR75

el super gringo said:
Screw you 3 QB teams. I'm working with Chad Henne solo. I'll be seeing you guys from the side of the road. No repeat championship here.
I just hope pennington doesn't win back the job. :towelwave:

My shotgun approach continues...6.10 - Chris Chambers, KC, WR367.07 - Eddie Royal, DEN, WR408.10 - Roy Williams, DAL, WR489.07 - Ted Ginn Jr. MIA, WR5310.10 - Anthony Gonzalez, IND, WR5813.07 - Earl Bennett, CHI, WR75
Despite the lack of top end fire power, I like this group. A whole bunch of buy low guys that have high ceilings.

Kolb going to Cleveland is the second worst thing that could happen. Only him opening up as Mcnabb's backup in Philly would be worse. As an NFL starter anywhere he's a solid fantasy backup in a best ball format especially when he backs up a QB who never misses games. If he ends up in the right place, like staying in Philly as the starter, I think he can be huge. And I think people are asleep on Eli's potential right now. He was the #10 fantasy QB last season and the gap between him and the #3 QB was not very large and I think as Nicks and Manningham improve to go along with Steve Smith Manning's production will continue to improve.

On the TE's. I'd agree with both of you if this was not a best ball format. But I don't think using a 3rd and 7th round draft pick in a 16 team league is addressing the position to much especially when it's 2 points per reception and it's a position that suffers a good amount of injuries. That being said I did not plan on taking Cooley in the 7th I just felt he was the best value at the time in this format.

The WR's are not a good looking group and I'd agree it could be my downfall and why I'd never say this team is can't miss or great. But on the other hand I'm very solid at RB, stacked at TE, depending on what happens to Kolb I could range from less than average to stacked at QB. So if the QB position works out all I need is to hit on a few WR's and my team will be strong and I picked up a few players I think have great breakout potential and just added a rookie in Benn. Different format and maybe it biased me but I won the FBG contest with what was a very thin group of WR's. Thin enough that I had to use Schilens and Earl Bennett multiple weeks in the final round. The key to that team is I got points from every other position. So to a degree I'd say I tried to build this team the same way. Can't wait to see how it goes.
On second thought, I should keep my mouth shut and take notes. :thumbup: Actually your championship and the excellent posting in the contest thread was the reason I thought to invite you to join in here. Thanks for chiming in here.

eta: I just think Finley produces so well this year that Cooley is a limited factor on your team.
I enjoy the conversation and differing opinions. We've got a long way to go until football season so in the meantime this is all we have. And also thanks for the invite.

Users who are viewing this thread