What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

You can tell they know they ####ed up with the Governor and with the last season finale. They had to get people buzzing about how brutal this episode was and what a crazy villain Negan is. 

Even knowing that going in, have to say they succeeded. 

Rollercoaster. After Abraham I was actually pissed, as in "I spent all summer annoyed at the finale and waiting for them to make a safe choice like 2nd tier character Abraham??" pissed, and then they surprised me with Glen. 

They've set a high bar now. Can't sulk in Alexandria for six episodes or they'll lose people.
I thought I had set my dvr, but 15 minutes into the show I checked and it wasn't recording so I missed abe. :(

Started recording when Glenn was hit and Rick was on the trailer.  That was a bit confusing. 

I don't know much about his army.  If he wasn't around, would they be happy to be free of him or do they really love and respect the guy?  Or do they all have high level Stockholm syndrome? 
They hate Rick and his crew for killing their buddies.   You think they really are going to think Rick is their savior if he killed Negan?  If you are in Rick's spot you take that risk?

Last edited by a moderator:
They hate Rick and his crew for killing their buddies.   You think they really are going to think Rick is their savior if they killed Negan?  If you are in Rick's spot you take that risk?
Depends how much they hate Neegan.  But no, you're right that's a risk Rick won't take.  Daryl is going to have to be the bad ###, again. 

Depends how much they hate Neegan.  But no, you're right that's a risk Rick won't take.  Daryl is going to have to be the bad ###, again. 
Problem is you don't know how many that were there at the "meeting" hate Neegan..
So say your group of 10 hates him with a passion for his brutality.. Do you have the guts to talk to another group to let them know and take the chance on the wrath..

One look at Daryl's nemesis's face tells you there is brutal consequences for stepping out of line. :shock:

Best episode of the series imo.  The dialogue and action were top notch.  Its going to be interesting to see how Rick gets out of this.

For the comic book readers.  Is the dude with a tiger a good guy or bad guy.  Put it in spoilers please

Problem is you don't know how many that were there at the "meeting" hate Neegan..
So say your group of 10 hates him with a passion for his brutality.. Do you have the guts to talk to another group to let them know and take the chance on the wrath..

One look at Daryl's nemesis's face tells you there is brutal consequences for stepping out of line. :shock:
Of course.  But if the group just goes along it won't make for much of a season. 

Boy, if you didn't know Sconch was OPM before this thread, you sure do now.

Yes, I was surprised by the silliness of the after show, but I didn't take a dump I the thread. Which has always been S/OPM's M.O.

The zombie that was hung and Rick tearing his body apart from the neck was great. I knew something was going to happen with that zombie once they first showed him hanging there. 

I doubt many of them hate Neegan.  People in this show seem to gravitate toward the violent charismatic types, and Neegan's obviously done a good job getting his group to the top of the local food chain.  I'd expect that he's respected by his people.  

JD Morgan is a great Negan.  Awesome character.  I thought it was Abraham several pages ago but told the wife yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if he killed two:  Abraham and Glenn.  

TTD was just as brutal as the show.  Kirkman sitting up there thinking "people... it's a tv show."  

JD Morgan was funny on the talk show with the "and if Daryl hadn't have opened his mouth, Glenn would still be alive" comment.  

Rick could have still killed him easily.... But Negans army would have killed everyone then.  Rick was in an impossible situation. 
Yep.  Negan kept telling him to think about what could happen.  Part of that is think about the others still back there on their knees with guns to their heads.  Rick may have been thinking how he could axe Negan then take the RV back to rescue the others but all he had was the one AK and a big vehicle.  His people were vulnerable.  Nothing much Rick could do there.  

What is the over and under for the number of seasons before Negan is killed, <=2?  I say Lucille kills Negan at the hands of Maggie eventually, maybe Rick once he grows a pair again.

I know they had to have some trigger for Glenn's death but Daryl would have known better than to take a swing at Negan.

Would have made more sense if it was someone else. Even more brutal) if one of the women had done it. It would have been epic if it was Maggie.

Maggie has had a rough go at all this end of the world stuff. Losing basically everyone and everything. I hope she turns into even a bigger bad*** than what she already is and goes Laura Croft, guns strapped to the thighs, on everyone and everything. 

Maggie has had a rough go at all this end of the world stuff. Losing basically everyone and everything. I hope she turns into even a bigger bad*** than what she already is and goes Laura Croft, guns strapped to the thighs, on everyone and everything. 
That would be awesome!!!

Scene with Negan telling him to take Coral's arm was fantastic. Something similar happened with the comics so you didn't really know if they were going to go through with it no not. 

Didnt care for having to relive it through Rick's memories, would have been better to just start the season where we left off.

Neck stretch zombie was just stupid. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Boy, if you didn't know Sconch was OPM before this thread, you sure do now.

Yes, I was surprised by the silliness of the after show, but I didn't take a dump I the thread. Which has always been S/OPM's M.O.

:SkankHunt:

IMO. I think this is where its going. 

I think the show and audience is kind of done with rick. Its time to let someone else step up and be the bad ###, central character. 

Edit to add: I didn't read any of the books, so just speculating

Lehigh98 said:
Guy in the background took a polaroid of the smashed heads.

Guess those are the pics Glenn saw on the wall in the Survivors base before killing people in their sleep,
Nice catch here 

Neo said:
They hate Rick and his crew for killing their buddies.   You think they really are going to think Rick is their savior if he killed Negan?  If you are in Rick's spot you take that risk?
Well the flying monkeys were happy when Dorothy liquidated the Wicked Witch.

Not much that hasn't already been said. Great episode. A little dramatic at times, but I don't think it's out of line given the bleak scenario. Rick turtling up is disappointing, but again somewhat understandable given his limited options. 

I ####### love Negan. :wub: Man...JDM is owning that role.... has the potential of creeping toward Ledger/Joker SUPER-ELITE-UPPER-TIER of bad guy if he keeps it up. Brilliant coming out party though. GF is a huge Greys Anatomy fan, and she's in total shock that "Denny" is doing all this. :lol:

Alexandria will be interesting... welcoming back the heroes completely broken and defeated will have to incite some pushback from folks who aren't aware of what Negan is capable of. 

Welcome back gang...we've missed ya. 

Absolutely amazing episode. Brutal, unrelenting, powerful and overwhelming. One of the best episodes in series history. 

Abe had been my guess. Unfortunately I had gotten spoiled that Glenn was probably gonna go as well a week or so ago along with him but it was still brutal seeing how it all went down. I had read issue 100 awhile ago so I enjoyed that the episode stayed true to the comic Glenn death in terms of how it played out. Really enjoyed seeing how Negan has completely broken Rick down and looking forward to seeing how Rick builds himself back up because that's obviously going to happen. Also looking forward to seeing the new Maggie rising from the ashes of all this. 

Wanna go back and re-watch Rick's dream dinner sequence again. Might be some clues in there. I doubt that was just a random thing Gimple dropped in for the hell of it. 

So far Negan is everything that was promised and then some. This is show is so damn good. So happy it's back. Really looking forward to seeing the Kingdom and Ezekiel. Hopefully he's a formidable match for Negan and a worthy ally for Rick down the road. 

Absolutely amazing episode. Brutal, unrelenting, powerful and overwhelming. One of the best episodes in series history. 

Abe had been my guess. Unfortunately I had gotten spoiled that Glenn was probably gonna go as well a week or so ago along with him but it was still brutal seeing how it all went down. I had read issue 100 awhile ago so I enjoyed that the episode stayed true to the comic Glenn death in terms of how it played out. Really enjoyed seeing how Negan has completely broken Rick down and looking forward to seeing how Rick builds himself back up because that's obviously going to happen. Also looking forward to seeing the new Maggie rising from the ashes of all this. 

Wanna go back and re-watch Rick's dream dinner sequence again. Might be some clues in there. I doubt that was just a random thing Gimple dropped in for the hell of it. 

So far Negan is everything that was promised and then some. This is show is so damn good. So happy it's back. Really looking forward to seeing the Kingdom and Ezekiel. Hopefully he's a formidable match for Negan and a worthy ally for Rick down the road. 
I can help you out with that:

Kingdom

Ezekiel

Clue - Maggie will give birth to a boy

wish I was as jazzed as everybody else about that episode. can't point to anything in particular.. but I went in not particularly caring who died- I think a response to the way it ended last season and the lengthy period inbetween seasons... and making the mistake of watching the idiotic FTWD. as such, I was more interested in what happened to carol and morgan-which for better and likely worse, also looks kind of the postman-esque (terrible movie, but I still love it). given the drama and the hype, that it didn't much for me points to the door

snogger said:

and why would Negan's "army" trust these goofballs to take the risk and turn on Negan? Lot safer with the guy with the machine gun, no reason to trust this group of people who are clearly out of their element.

and for those calling Rich out, I still have yet to hear what he was supposed to do. Was he going to take Negan out with the hatchet vs the machine gun? Rick had about 5% chance of maybe killing Negan throughout this, he had no chance and would have had the whole group killed if they kept trying to do dumb things like fight back. Lot of armchair QBs in here thinking Rick has super powers and can win whenever he wants. Negan just brought them back to the real world. :drops mic:

wish I was as jazzed as everybody else about that episode. can't point to anything in particular.. but I went in not particularly caring who died- I think a response to the way it ended last season and the lengthy period inbetween seasons... and making the mistake of watching the idiotic FTWD. as such, I was more interested in what happened to carol and morgan-which for better and likely worse, also looks kind of the postman-esque (terrible movie, but I still love it). given the drama and the hype, that it didn't much for me points to the door
This is where I was. The layoff made it so I didn't care who got killed. 

The neegan character was very good. However, recognizing the series is based on a graphic novel, I'm still pretty turned off by the extreme level of evilness the show takes its antagonists. 

Anybody know if there's some sort of map out there which shows where they've all traveled and where they've encountered specific groups?  I find it hard to believe they've never encountered neegan until now. 

I was sure Negan was going to chop off the kid's arm after he took the axe and gave the speech and everyone was looking a little relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread