What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (4 Viewers)

For those having trouble making money, here's some potions that are worth the most, and which ingredients will make them. Also included recipes for the main combat skills (Destruction, Archery, One and Two-handed)

This one isn't worth as much, but drink one before you sell off your hoard of potions for extra earnings:

Fortify Barter

Butterfly Wing

Dragon's Tongue

Hagraven Claw

Tundra Cotton

These are all cash cows. Even a brand new character should see 75-125 each, and more like 150-250 with just a modest Speech and a few bonuses to Barter.

Damage Magicka Regen

Bear Claws

Blue Butterfly Wing

Blue Mountain Flower

Chicken's Egg

Glow Dust

Hanging Moss

Human Heart

Jarrin Root

Nightshade

Spider Egg

Spriggan Sap

Damage Magicka

Butterfly Wing

Chaurus Eggs

Daedra Heart

Eye of Sabre Cat

Glow Dust

Hagraven Feathers

Hanging Moss

Human Heart

Jarrin Root

Luna Moth Wing

Namira's Rot

Nordic Barnacle

Damage Stamina Regen

Creep Cluster

Daedra Heart

Frost Mirriam

Giant's Toe

Histcarp

Juniper Berries

Large Antlers

Silverside Perch

Skeever Tail

Wheat

Fortify Carry Weight

Creep Cluster

Giant's Toe

Hawk Beak

River Betty

Scaly Pholiota

Wisp Wrappings

Fortify Destruction

Beehive Husk

Ectoplasm

Glow Dust

Glowing Mushroom

Nightshade

Wisp Wrappings

Invisibility

Chaurus Eggs

Crimson Nirnroot

Ice Wraith Teeth

Luna Moth Wing

Nirnroot

Vampire Dust

Paralysis

Briar Heart

Canis Root

Human Flesh

Imp Stool

Swamp Fungal Pod

Regenerate Health

Garlic

Juniper Berries

Luna Moth Wing

Namira's Rot

Nordic Barnacle

Vampire Dust

Regenerate Magick

Dwarven Oil

Fire Salts

Garlic

Jazbay Grapes

Moon Sugar

Salt Pile

Taproot

Regenerate Stamina

Bee

Fly Amanita

Mora Tapinella

Scaly Pholiota

Slow

Deathbell

Large Antlers

River Betty

Salt Pile

Some others that aren't worth quite as much, but improve the main combat skills:

Fortify Destruction

Beehive Husk

Ectoplasm

Glow Dust

Glowing Mushroom

Nightshade

Wisp Wrappings

Fortify Marksman

Canis Root

Elves Ear

Juniper Berries

Spider Egg

Fortify One Handed

Bear Claws

Canis Root

Hanging Moss

Hawk Feathers

Rock Warbler Egg

Small Pearl

Fortify Two Handed

Dragon's Tongue

Fly Amanita

Troll Fat

'AhrnCityPahnder said:
am I the only one who tries to join every faction and complete them all before I finish the main quest?
I play the same way.
Same here. I think I played about 4 separate characters in Oblivion before I took the main quest past the halfway point.Though what they did in Fallout 3 is a good reason why. If you finish the main quest there you can't go back and play anything you missed, not without one of the DLC's anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone go to Dawnstar yet?

if you did, did you check out the museum and do that questline?
Yep. I did it a while back though, and don't remember much about it besides the end.
Is it a worthwhile questline?
:blackdot:
Pretty sure that's the quest that gives you a dagger that has a chance to kill instantly.
so it would probably be best to do this with a mage/thief type character then, Thanks Kirby.

I'm picking this up today now that I found it's available on Games for Windowns (PC version).

Anyone else play the PC version?

Yep. I did it a while back though, and don't remember much about it besides the end.
Pretty sure that's the quest that gives you a dagger that has a chance to kill instantly.
so it would probably be best to do this with a mage/thief type character then, Thanks Kirby.
You get a daedric artifact, so if you're after that trophy/achievement then obviously it's worthwhile. I liked the ending, so I guess I'd say the story line is worth pursuing. Also, [further spoilers]
you get some daedra hearts the old fashioned way, which you need if you want to make daedric weapons/armor.

You get a daedric artifact, so if you're after that trophy/achievement then obviously it's worthwhile. I liked the ending, so I guess I'd say the story line is worth pursuing. Also, [further spoilers]
you get some daedra hearts the old fashioned way, which you need if you want to make daedric weapons/armor.
By the old fashioned way, you mean using the console in the PC version and just coding them into your inventory, right? ;)

How and where can I sell these dragon bones or whatever? I have a few and they each have like a 500 value.
If you are doing smithing, hold on to the bones/scales.If you are not, you should be able to sell them at any general store.
Lets say you want to make dragon armor. How many bones and scales do you need. I have killed 8-10 dragons or so. I have all their bones and scales sitting in my chest. Maybe I can sell a few

Is smithing all that important? I have picked up alot of the stuff you can make.
You can improve armor/weapons you find and increase the armor rating/damage respectively.If you are a tank/warrior build, I highly suggest you check out smithing.I even suggest it if you are a thief/lightarmor/one-handed build as wellIf you are a mage, you could still use it but it isnt as necessary.thats my :2cents:

'Matthias said:
Is smithing all that important? I have picked up alot of the stuff you can make.
What Hank said.Although if you plow through smithing to level it up quick, you may find that you've made the game boring because your homemade weapons/armor is too good.
I'll skip it on my next build... Home made weapons make finding stuff in dungeons less exciting.

I thought this was the one that gave you the sword that did extra damage against undead? Pretty good sword overall if I am thinking of the correct one. I have started my second run through so it has been a while since I did that quest.

I'm picking this up today now that I found it's available on Games for Windowns (PC version).

Greg Russell is all about the PC version.
Mad Cow is all about the PC version, as well. :)
The mods do make me jealous. Do you guys run an HMDI or whatever and use a big TV? :kicksrock:
I run it on a trio of 24" monitors. This isn't my picture (my desk is never that neat, heh), but it looks like this.Though on the downside, most games kind of stretch what you see in the side monitors in a setup like this, and Skyrim and Oblivion are no exceptions. You can see it in the picture I linked to, as the trees are not really that close to him as they appear. If they ever got it to not do that I'd prefer it, but actually a lot of times the effect helps me out. At the edges of the monitor especially it is like it is zoomed in 2 to 3x. So I spot details off to the side, like ore veins and critters, that I missed when looking directly at them. Have also spotted potions lying on the ground half concealed, things like that. I've gotten used to it and will quickly swivel my view to get a closeup of something in the distance I am trying to make out.

'Matthias said:
What Hank said.Although if you plow through smithing to level it up quick, you may find that you've made the game boring because your homemade weapons/armor is too good.
I'll skip it on my next build... Home made weapons make finding stuff in dungeons less exciting.
Yeah, my mental list of things to change about the game when the Construction set comes out...
[*]Slow down the Smithing leveling so it levels at about 1/5 as fast as present.

[*]Slow down Enchanting leveling so it levels about 1/3 as fast as present.

[*]Slow down Pickpocketing leveling to about 1/5 of present.

[*]Edit merchant item lists to reduce the number of already filled soul gems you can buy.

[*]Reduce the number of ingots and ores you can buy. No more 15 Iron ingots, make it more like 2 per merchant per respawn.

[*]Make Restoration level about 25% to 30% faster.

[*]Edit the container respawn lists to remove carrots and cabbage and replace them with more ingredients and clutter.

[*]If possible, tweak the amount that self-enchanted items are worth so they don't sell for quite so much. Not sure if that is possible without also reducing the cost of store bought magic items though.

[*]Increase the cost of using the carriages a huge amount, like 10x or 20x, so you have to actually spend some time making cash to be able to use it to jump to a city you haven't walked to before.

[*]For any quests that don't appear in your journal, like the one in Winterhold where you find Ranmir's old girlfriend, edit the quest to put in a journal entry.

[*]Edit the lunar weapons so their damage bonus still increases when the moon is out, but so they still have a bonus at least when it isn't. The lunar weapons were something that came out of a user mod, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. His worked a lot better, each was a unique item and gave you a different bonus. There was one that would restore your magicka slowly when the moon was out. Which wasn't a big deal for most characters, but if you chose the Atronach sign where your magicka didn't regen, it was golden.

May also add some extra abilities or strengthen existing ones to races other than Orc and Altmer, so they are more on a level with them. Like maybe give Breton back a +25 magicka bonus, give Redguard a +25 stamina, Khajit an extra power once per day like Muffle, etc.

Oh, and add my favorite spell of all time. Summon Follower.

Probably add a Summon Mount as well to teleport your steed to you. Though I still haven't used a steed yet, sounds like it's needed.

Greg Russell is all about the PC version.
Mad Cow is all about the PC version, as well. :)
The mods do make me jealous. Do you guys run an HMDI or whatever and use a big TV? :kicksrock:
I run it on a trio of 24" monitors. This isn't my picture (my desk is never that neat, heh), but it looks like this.Though on the downside, most games kind of stretch what you see in the side monitors in a setup like this, and Skyrim and Oblivion are no exceptions. You can see it in the picture I linked to, as the trees are not really that close to him as they appear. If they ever got it to not do that I'd prefer it, but actually a lot of times the effect helps me out. At the edges of the monitor especially it is like it is zoomed in 2 to 3x. So I spot details off to the side, like ore veins and critters, that I missed when looking directly at them. Have also spotted potions lying on the ground half concealed, things like that. I've gotten used to it and will quickly swivel my view to get a closeup of something in the distance I am trying to make out.
I can say from experience, this is especially useful in shooters like Battlefield. I have spotted guys running halfway across the map that I never would have seen otherwise. :nerd:

How and where can I sell these dragon bones or whatever? I have a few and they each have like a 500 value.
If you are doing smithing, hold on to the bones/scales.If you are not, you should be able to sell them at any general store.
Lets say you want to make dragon armor. How many bones and scales do you need. I have killed 8-10 dragons or so. I have all their bones and scales sitting in my chest. Maybe I can sell a few
Dragonscale armor or the shield will take as much as 4 scales plus some leather and ingots. Helmet and gloves will take less, maybe about 2?Dragonplate, the heavier stuff, the armor takes 2 bones, 3 scales and some leather. The other armor pieces take less, normally 1 bone and 2-3 scales.

Here's a tip I just put on the UESP quest page for the big battle at the end of the dungeon crawl in the Companion Quest, Proving Honor. The one where you get a fragment of a weapon for them and Farkas travels with you.

When you finally find the fragment and pick it up, tombs lining the walls start to open up you face a long stream of Draugr.

You can kill them off before that by casting one of the Rune spells (fire, ice or lightning) on the ground in front of one of the tombs as close to it as you can get. The Draugr inside will be within the radius of the rune which will explode. He (and any in the tombs on either side of him if within the area of the blast) will open up his tomb and come out to fight, allowing you to pick them off one or two at a time and take a break between fights.

If the tomb doesn't open after the rune goes off, the Draugr probably died in the blast. If you move the cursor around the bottom of the tomb's coverstone you can normally select him to loot his body, which also will case the cover to open.

OK, so I get married. New wife turns around and walks out. Her voice is still there telling me how happy she is but the character, Senna from Diballa Temple, has left. I go to Riftin, buy a house, check it out, open the doors to the side room . . . and there stands Layla saying basically what's up my Thune? :lmao:

Time to go kill something.

I still chuckle at some things in this game.

Like how I can be standing in triumph over the body of a monstrous elder dragon, feeling the soul of the immortal beast filling me as the citizens stand watching in awe. Hefting my flaming sword or with my hands crackling with mystical energy that has felled the greatest of creatures, wiped out entire bandit clans and army encampments. A true beast of a warrior who is feared throughout Skyrim and who -- OOO! BUTTERFLY!!! Must catch it!!!

This may have been covered previously but, is lock picking about the most useless skill tree in the game? Honestly, I am level 18, hardly anywhere along the main quest line yet. Decide to visit the small town at the base of the mountain where you go rap with the Greybeards. Pick up a dungeon crawl quest. Find a door with a lock rated "Expert." Oh drat, my dude has never put a single perk in to lock picking, but what the heck, I try it. Snap a few lock picks but, given that I have over 50, no big deal, lock picked. Inside, a chest one level lower than the door on the lock pick scale. First try. Never even had to move the pick from where I initially placed it. I have to believe that any perk put in to lock picking is just a total waste. Am I wrong?

By the way, picking those locks let me skip an entire level of that dungeon crawl. But my OCD wouldn't let me. Went back and did it anyways. So glad I did. Traps, puzzles. One of the most fun dungeons I've come across in my limited play time. That's what I love about this game!

This may have been covered previously but, is lock picking about the most useless skill tree in the game? Honestly, I am level 18, hardly anywhere along the main quest line yet. Decide to visit the small town at the base of the mountain where you go rap with the Greybeards. Pick up a dungeon crawl quest. Find a door with a lock rated "Expert." Oh drat, my dude has never put a single perk in to lock picking, but what the heck, I try it. Snap a few lock picks but, given that I have over 50, no big deal, lock picked. Inside, a chest one level lower than the door on the lock pick scale. First try. Never even had to move the pick from where I initially placed it. I have to believe that any perk put in to lock picking is just a total waste. Am I wrong?By the way, picking those locks let me skip an entire level of that dungeon crawl. But my OCD wouldn't let me. Went back and did it anyways. So glad I did. Traps, puzzles. One of the most fun dungeons I've come across in my limited play time. That's what I love about this game!
The only perk I saw worth a #### was the unbreakable so you never have to worry about carrying or how many picks you have. but, it's like 3 or 4 (or more?) perks up the tree -- no way am I spending those to get there. In Fallout (and I think, Oblivion and Morrowind) you couldn't even attempt picking a lock if you didn't have the skill high enough. Don't know why they changed that here. Kind of sucky this way.

This may have been covered previously but, is lock picking about the most useless skill tree in the game? Honestly, I am level 18, hardly anywhere along the main quest line yet. Decide to visit the small town at the base of the mountain where you go rap with the Greybeards. Pick up a dungeon crawl quest. Find a door with a lock rated "Expert." Oh drat, my dude has never put a single perk in to lock picking, but what the heck, I try it. Snap a few lock picks but, given that I have over 50, no big deal, lock picked. Inside, a chest one level lower than the door on the lock pick scale. First try. Never even had to move the pick from where I initially placed it. I have to believe that any perk put in to lock picking is just a total waste. Am I wrong?

By the way, picking those locks let me skip an entire level of that dungeon crawl. But my OCD wouldn't let me. Went back and did it anyways. So glad I did. Traps, puzzles. One of the most fun dungeons I've come across in my limited play time. That's what I love about this game!
The only perk I saw worth a #### was the unbreakable so you never have to worry about carrying or how many picks you have. but, it's like 3 or 4 (or more?) perks up the tree -- no way am I spending those to get there. In Fallout (and I think, Oblivion and Morrowind) you couldn't even attempt picking a lock if you didn't have the skill high enough. Don't know why they changed that here. Kind of sucky this way.
Lockpicking is tricky for developers... how to make it matter, but also not be gamebreaking? That second part is tough, because if I do invest in lockpicking, I want to be rewarded with stuff others cannot get, etc. I want my lockpicking perks to count for something.I would say go back to Fallout style, where you can't even attempt a lock unless you have a certain perk, and then make lockpicking lead to extra / different questlines, etc. Stuff you can't to get unless you open a particular chest or door.

Treasure Hunter Lockpicking 70, Golden Touch 50% greater chance of finding special treasure

That, imo, is why it's worth perking it up.

Agreed on lockpicking perks being worthless. I bought a bunch from the fence at the thieves guild early on, and stocked up a few more times afterwards. Right now I'm walking around with about 300 lockpicks, so what do I care if I break a few? I don't need any more gold or treasure. Glad I didn't invest any perks in this one.

On an unrelated note, I finally started messing around with pickpocketing, and dear God does that level up fast. I went from level 40 to level 75 or so basically just from pickpocketing everybody I bumped into in Whiterun and Riften for an hour or so.

Here's another newb question. I am doing the ol' sneaky thief type of character. Most of my skill is in to sneak and archery, with some one handed and light armor perks thrown in. I just reached level 20. I picked up a quest to go slay a dragon. Now, I have killed a few. Some were very easy, like the one at Shearpoint. I think this got me overconfident, or confused, whichever way you want to look at it. I also ran in to a blood dragon. I was able to kill it cheesily. It was attacking a town and I just kept sniping it from afar until it was about half gone. Then I ducked in and out of a doorway nearby and kept sniping until it was nearly dead. Then I ran out for the final blow. But it was still tough, and I realized without being able to snipe and hide in that doorway, I would have been in trouble.

Now, with the quest, cheese isn't going to work. It is atop a tower. If I go there, he won't land and I get fried. If I snipe it to start the fight, it will land. But it's breath attacks just tear me up. I dodged and weaved behind rocks, waited for the breath attack to finish, ran out, hit it with everything I had until it took off, drank health potions, rinsed, repeated. And when it did hit me, it would deplete about 2/3rds of my health. After about ten minutes of this, I think I had depleted it's health a whopping 20% or so. I was nowhere close to winning the fight.

Now, my light armor adds up to about 181 or so. My weapons are just enchanted Dwarven swords, one that does fire, one that does frost damage. Base damage is like 20, with an additional ten based on the enchantment. Am I just trying to fight these things to early? Should I wait until I level a bit? Or are there tricks to fighting them as a light armor, stealth type character?

I'm thinking the answer may be that I have to go collect some gear and enchant it against fire damage and keep it just for these fights. Most of my enchantments on armor is geared towards extra Magicka and Magicka regen. But wondering, since I saw early that a lot of players were using this kind of build, exactly how you stealthy thieve types are handling these things.

Just started the Thieves Guild questline. Think in addition to taking the valuables from the houses I burgle, I'm gonna eat/drink EVERYTHING.

Here's another newb question. I am doing the ol' sneaky thief type of character. Most of my skill is in to sneak and archery, with some one handed and light armor perks thrown in. I just reached level 20. I picked up a quest to go slay a dragon. Now, I have killed a few. Some were very easy, like the one at Shearpoint. I think this got me overconfident, or confused, whichever way you want to look at it. I also ran in to a blood dragon. I was able to kill it cheesily. It was attacking a town and I just kept sniping it from afar until it was about half gone. Then I ducked in and out of a doorway nearby and kept sniping until it was nearly dead. Then I ran out for the final blow. But it was still tough, and I realized without being able to snipe and hide in that doorway, I would have been in trouble.Now, with the quest, cheese isn't going to work. It is atop a tower. If I go there, he won't land and I get fried. If I snipe it to start the fight, it will land. But it's breath attacks just tear me up. I dodged and weaved behind rocks, waited for the breath attack to finish, ran out, hit it with everything I had until it took off, drank health potions, rinsed, repeated. And when it did hit me, it would deplete about 2/3rds of my health. After about ten minutes of this, I think I had depleted it's health a whopping 20% or so. I was nowhere close to winning the fight.Now, my light armor adds up to about 181 or so. My weapons are just enchanted Dwarven swords, one that does fire, one that does frost damage. Base damage is like 20, with an additional ten based on the enchantment. Am I just trying to fight these things to early? Should I wait until I level a bit? Or are there tricks to fighting them as a light armor, stealth type character?I'm thinking the answer may be that I have to go collect some gear and enchant it against fire damage and keep it just for these fights. Most of my enchantments on armor is geared towards extra Magicka and Magicka regen. But wondering, since I saw early that a lot of players were using this kind of build, exactly how you stealthy thieve types are handling these things.
I found with my stealth character it wasn't as much about armor rating as it was my damage output. My suggestion would be enchant or buy some enchanted rings/necklaces/crowns that have archery increases. At level 20 you probably want to use a Orchish Bow or something along those lines I would say and then find a rock and hide and shoot. It is boring for until you get strong enough to take down dragons easily. Right now my stealth guy is like level 43 with 85 or so archery and just a non enchanted daedric legendary bow. The bow does like 90 or so damage and I have some rings/crowns on so it only takes 5-8 hits to take down the dragons. I don't even wear any strong armor yet just either Dark Brotherhood stuff or Nightengale which gets up to 130ish armor rating I think for me right now. My health is like 310 and I find I can basically just out in the open and reign arrows down on the dragon and barely sustain much damage to my health. I'll say there is probably a tipping point around level 30-35 where the archer becomes powerful enough to take down almost any dragon without worrying about hiding spots, before then it is kinda pick and choose your battles. Also I remember there were some dragons when I was lower levels that just seemed so much more powerful than others. The dragons guarding stuff always seemed more powerful and harder to take down. So if you don't want to spend the time to potion hide shoot, potion hide shoot to take down some strong dragons just ignore them until your power output gets higher.

I found with my stealth character it wasn't as much about armor rating as it was my damage output. My suggestion would be enchant or buy some enchanted rings/necklaces/crowns that have archery increases. At level 20 you probably want to use a Orchish Bow or something along those lines I would say and then find a rock and hide and shoot. It is boring for until you get strong enough to take down dragons easily.
Thanks. I feel better now knowing that my character isn't having trouble because I messed up with the build. That would be painful as I'd hate to start over. I'll have to see what I can do with archery enchantments. Right now, the only item I have that helps with archery is the mask I got from one of the dragon lord ghosts or whatever. I don't want to destroy that trying to learn the enchantment, so I'll have to wait it out and see what I can come across. As I've really only been doing side quests, I've cleaned out most the tasks from Whiterun but that's about it. Guess I need to move on and quit diving down in to every mine or tomb I find! Then maybe I'll come across some archery items.

Any other archers think that archery is overpowered?

Deadric bow + ebony arrows + archery perks(bows do 2x damage) + sneak perks(sneaking while shooting bows do 3x damage) = unstoppable.

Nobody stands a chance if i'm sneaking and snipe them. Bosses at the end of quests = :own3d:

I found with my stealth character it wasn't as much about armor rating as it was my damage output. My suggestion would be enchant or buy some enchanted rings/necklaces/crowns that have archery increases. At level 20 you probably want to use a Orchish Bow or something along those lines I would say and then find a rock and hide and shoot. It is boring for until you get strong enough to take down dragons easily.
Thanks. I feel better now knowing that my character isn't having trouble because I messed up with the build. That would be painful as I'd hate to start over. I'll have to see what I can do with archery enchantments. Right now, the only item I have that helps with archery is the mask I got from one of the dragon lord ghosts or whatever. I don't want to destroy that trying to learn the enchantment, so I'll have to wait it out and see what I can come across. As I've really only been doing side quests, I've cleaned out most the tasks from Whiterun but that's about it. Guess I need to move on and quit diving down in to every mine or tomb I find! Then maybe I'll come across some archery items.
Yah, my archer/thief build who is really strong right now has like 3 perks into LA, Sneak maxed out, archery close to maxed, smithing and enchanting. I'm going to have like 8 perks to then put into whatever floats my boat. Tough to ruin a sneak character unless you start putting perks into 2 handed and Heavy Armor and even then it can be salvaged. If you want to plan out a character to see where perks can go, http://www.anuconsulting.com/skyrim/skyrimperkpicker.html is a good simulator.Once I got enough money from enchanting/smithing, I just started buying the best items I could, they will show up randomly. Also maybe try using some of the shouts like Unrelenting Force. I found that to be invaluable at times when I was a lower level when enemies would get too close or just to temp stun dragons.

Picking up potions for resisting the type of dragon breath you're encountering can help. Also don't forget your Shouts. It's very possible that you just aren't doing enough base damage and the Dragon has high enough Armor Rating that you're just scratching him each time. Improving your weapons will help, but so could hitting him with a Marked for Death shout or the like.I wouldn't trash your mask to pick up Fortify Archment for enchanting. Shops respawn equipment every day or every other day. You can pretty much check the merchants in Whiterun, fast travel and check the ones in Windhelm, fast travel and check the ones in Riften, maybe hit one more shop, and then by the time you're back in Whiterun they will probably have new stock. You can probably find most of the normal enchantments pretty easy that way and just buy an item to get it so you don't have to lose your mask.Also, haven't tried using poison on dragons. They may be immune or mostly immune to it, but you could try poisoning your weapons when fighting a tough one. A bit of paralysis can go a long way giving you extra swings without being hit.

Any other archers think that archery is overpowered? Deadric bow + ebony arrows + archery perks(bows do 2x damage) + sneak perks(sneaking while shooting bows do 3x damage) = unstoppable. Nobody stands a chance if i'm sneaking and snipe them. Bosses at the end of quests = :own3d:
I just made my second set of dragonscale armor, double enchanted it with +health and +archery so now I wear 4 or 5 things that supplement bow damage. Currently dealing out about 170 in damage with my good bow. There's very few people or creatures that survive a sneak arrow.

Any other archers think that archery is overpowered? Deadric bow + ebony arrows + archery perks(bows do 2x damage) + sneak perks(sneaking while shooting bows do 3x damage) = unstoppable. Nobody stands a chance if i'm sneaking and snipe them. Bosses at the end of quests = :own3d:
I just made my second set of dragonscale armor, double enchanted it with +health and +archery so now I wear 4 or 5 things that supplement bow damage. Currently dealing out about 170 in damage with my good bow. There's very few people or creatures that survive a sneak arrow.
Forgot about the armor enchantments. I'll redo my dragon scale armor after my next level and I can get the final enchantment perk(2x as powerful). Currently sporting a Helm, necklace, ring and gauntlets at +21% bow damage. I think my Deadric bow(legendary) is listed at 189

Forgot about the armor enchantments. I'll redo my dragon scale armor after my next level and I can get the final enchantment perk(2x as powerful). Currently sporting a Helm, necklace, ring and gauntlets at +21% bow damage. I think my Deadric bow(legendary) is listed at 189
If you're complaining about how easy it is to kill everything with your bow now, you don't want armor enchantments. Especially if you have enchantment/alchemy/smithing maxed out. My daedric bow is at 200 base damage right now and when I had armor enchantment for =48% bow on there on a few items, it was over 500 damage without figuring in the (bow x 2) and (sneak x 3) multipliers in. I don't even use that armor anymore because if I'm sneaking I can one shot dragons. Though if you do go all out like that, don't take a follower with you because if they jump in your way as you're going for the kill... boom, no more Lydia.

Users who are viewing this thread