What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (4 Viewers)

Wife and I used Prime Pantry for the first time yesterday, looks pretty sweet. They have really good prices and you just need to order enough "selected items" to get free shipping. We're having our first kid in April and my cousin said they have automatic monthly diaper delivery through Amazon.

I can see why Amazon is taking over the world. They make life so easy.
We used it for the first time last week. The $2 for the big 28 oz bottle of Sriracha is a crazy good deal. Everything else seemed like a solid deal, especially given that it's delivered to the doorstep.

Add in the Amazon Store Card giving back 5%, and it's a pretty sweet deal all-around.

What's the difference between Subscribe-&-Save, and Pantry?
I've never used S&S, though I'm about to, but with Pantry, you fill up a "Pantry Box". Each box is $5.99 shipping, but the shipping cost gets dropped pretty easily. Every items tells you what percentage of the box it fills up and you get a running total showing how much space is left as you shop.

S&S looks to focus on recurring shipments of a single item, where Pantry is more like a shopping trip for a bunch of random ####.

If you buy a book, it will often tell you the price to add audible to it.  I picked up 'Man in the High Castle' earlier for free, to add Audible its $3.99.
There have been several deals on Audible memberships lately - 3 months for $1.99 per month (i.e. a book a month).  Well worth it if you cancel after you get the third one.  Groupon may have one going now, in fact.

As I understand Prime Reading this is new in addition to the perks listed above:
Awesome - there's some darn good books in what I see there.  I just read Queen's Poisoner series and it was the best set of books I've read this year.

UPDATE: Nevermind...I went though with the free 'purchase' of the ebook and thats when the audio book add on for $3 showed up.

thanks!! I'm gonna try others. 

Update Update: just got "D-Day, through german eyes" audio book for $1.99. I wonder if this is a limited time thing? 
They're very variable in what is charged - some are super cheap and some are pretty expensive.  Game of Thrones is still super expensive.  Usually not variable in time, though, in my experience.   Once cheap they usually stay cheap.  For the expensive ones I try to score the cheap Audible memberships and snag those that way.

They can go #### themselves with their $140 sandals.
$140 isn't enough, imo.  I'm on my feet constantly, and Birks are the only shoes that don't kill me feet. Super Birki's for work. Boston's for everything else. I'm about to pull the trigger on some London's for Winter time. Not sure how they'll be for snow-shoveling though.

I've never used S&S, though I'm about to, but with Pantry, you fill up a "Pantry Box". Each box is $5.99 shipping, but the shipping cost gets dropped pretty easily. Every items tells you what percentage of the box it fills up and you get a running total showing how much space is left as you shop.

S&S looks to focus on recurring shipments of a single item, where Pantry is more like a shopping trip for a bunch of random ####.
I have a bunch of free shipping credits, any good Pantry deals?

Amazon.com Inc. is pushing deeper into the grocery business with plans to introduce convenience stores as well as curbside pickup locations, say people familiar with the matter.

The Seattle company aims to build small brick-and-mortar stores that would sell produce, milk, meats and other perishable items that customers can take home, these people say. Primarily using their mobile phones or, possibly, touch screens around the store, customers could also order peanut butter, cereal and other goods with longer shelf lives for same-day delivery.

For customers seeking a quicker checkout, Amazon will soon begin rolling out designated drive-in locations where online grocery orders will be brought to the car, the people said. The company is developing license-plate reading technology to speed wait times.

That's pretty cool.  I have the echo, and don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would, but a $4 monthly for unlimited music would make it pretty awesome. 
Available now. $4 for unlimited on one echo devise. $8 for unlimited for any devise anywhere including downloading for later. $10 for non-prime members. 

Available now. $4 for unlimited on one echo devise. $8 for unlimited for any devise anywhere including downloading for later. $10 for non-prime members. 
This is what I don't get.  I started my free trial by telling my tap to start it.  I'm assuming I'm in for $4.  If I want to use it on my phone and pc, is it going to cost more?  What if I want to use it on my echo?  Is that more also?  Or does the $4 give me true all access on all my devices?

This is what I don't get.  I started my free trial by telling my tap to start it.  I'm assuming I'm in for $4.  If I want to use it on my phone and pc, is it going to cost more?  What if I want to use it on my echo?  Is that more also?  Or does the $4 give me true all access on all my devices?
As I understand it, you can pay $4 to be able to play on one Echo (or one Tap or one Dot) only.  If you want to play it on both your Tap and your Echo, you would need to do the $8 plan, which also lets you play on your other devices like phone and pc.  I signed up on my computer and the free trial was for the $8 plan only - probably because they want you to get used to playing it on all devices - so I imagine I'll have to downgrade later if I only want the one Echo plan.  I'm not sure which plan they sign you up for if you ask for your free trial over your Echo.

If you go to Your Account on amazon.com and choose Your Music Subscriptions, you can see which plan you're on.  You can also change it now to Not continue subscription after the free trial if, like me, you're not sure you'll want to pay for it but are pretty sure you'll forget to cancel before you get charged for the next month.

There's also yearly subscription pricing for the $8 plan ($79 for the full year) and for the coming $15 family plan ($149 for year) if you're okay with prepaying for the whole year instead of paying monthly.  I don't know if spotify offers that.

Did they change something with weekend days, and the 2-day prime delivery? Ordering something Prime today (Friday) and it's saying delivery by Tuesday. But when I have previosuly ordered on Friday, it was delivery by Sunday, since Amazon started shipping packages on Sundays. 

So is Prime now 2 business days? 

Did they change something with weekend days, and the 2-day prime delivery? Ordering something Prime today (Friday) and it's saying delivery by Tuesday. But when I have previosuly ordered on Friday, it was delivery by Sunday, since Amazon started shipping packages on Sundays. 

Similar thing happened to me last week, but I still received it in two days.  Maybe it's a new CYA thing?

Prime means free shipping and 2 days shipping on items sold by amazon and most, not all, items fulfilled by amazon. Look to see if it's sold or fulfilled by Amazon. 

Similar thing happened to me last week, but I still received it in two days.  Maybe it's a new CYA thing?
I had a similar issue that took 10 days for a same day delivery. I understand that part of the problem was the hurricane in the SE, but if it had been delivered same day or even next day it would have avoided the storm altogether.

tonydead said:
Prime means free shipping and 2 days shipping on items sold by amazon and most, not all, items fulfilled by amazon. Look to see if it's sold or fulfilled by Amazon. 
It was marked Prime eligible, and fulfilled by Amazon. At checkout I could select to have it delivered Saturday, for $10.99, Monday for $5.99 or Tuesday for "Free Prime Shipping."

It was marked Prime eligible, and fulfilled by Amazon. At checkout I could select to have it delivered Saturday, for $10.99, Monday for $5.99 or Tuesday for "Free Prime Shipping."
Right.  Most, not all, fulfilled by Amazon is eligible for 2-day.  If it's fulfilled by Amazon you have to check the shipping at checkout to see and make sure if you need it in two days. 

Thanks I thought Prime always meant 2 days
Yeah, it's irritating when you first figure it out.  But realize that fulfilled doesn't mean Amazon has the item in their hands.  Depending on the supplier they are working with they can't always guarantee 2-day.  The advantage of a fulfilled items versus just buying it from a seller on Amazon is that Amazon still handles all customer service and exchanges.  If it's a generic item I always look for Prime and Sold By Amazon, even if it's not the cheapest it's usually worth the extra couple of bucks, because that means Amazon has the item at their warehouse in stock.   

Yeah, it's irritating when you first figure it out.  But realize that fulfilled doesn't mean Amazon has the item in their hands.  Depending on the supplier they are working with they can't always guarantee 2-day.  The advantage of a fulfilled items versus just buying it from a seller on Amazon is that Amazon still handles all customer service and exchanges.  If it's a generic item I always look for Prime and Sold By Amazon, even if it's not the cheapest it's usually worth the extra couple of bucks, because that means Amazon has the item at their warehouse in stock.   
Just ran into this issue for the first time today.  Bought 2 items (both Prime, 1 fulfilled by Amazon).  Today I get the shipping notice that both shipped, one arriving tomorrow and the other arriving on Tuesday.  Opened a chat window and that's the excuse I got.  After informing them that I thought it was highly misleading to be advertised with the Prime logo and taking 5 days for delivery. 

He offered $10 credit to my account.  I countered with adding a month or 2 to my Prime membership.  Ended up getting 1 month and the $10 credit.  That's great customer service, given the 2 items combined were $28. 

Just ran into this issue for the first time today.  Bought 2 items (both Prime, 1 fulfilled by Amazon).  Today I get the shipping notice that both shipped, one arriving tomorrow and the other arriving on Tuesday.  Opened a chat window and that's the excuse I got.  After informing them that I thought it was highly misleading to be advertised with the Prime logo and taking 5 days for delivery. 

He offered $10 credit to my account.  I countered with adding a month or 2 to my Prime membership.  Ended up getting 1 month and the $10 credit.  That's great customer service, given the 2 items combined were $28. 
That's really great considering it takes an order of $35 or more to qualify for Prime.

That's really great considering that they told me to pound sand for the same thing.

If you haven't looked into TCL, I recommend them.  It's a very inexpensive way to go, still, and they used to be - maybe still are - the manufacturer for a lot of Samsung TVs.  I have two TCL TVs in the house, and they've lasted (5 or 6) and 3 years, respectively, with no issues whatsoever.
Thx HF, just bought a 40" TCL for our new yoga room. Can't beat that price. Roku built in??? ##### please. 

UPS is seriously terrible. Twice in the last couple of weeks I've ordered from Amazon, my item has been marked as on the truck out for delivery, and it just didn't show up until the next day. Both times it was with UPS.

I just don't understand loading a 100lb mattress onto a truck, driving around with it all day, and just not delivering it.

UPS is seriously terrible. Twice in the last couple of weeks I've ordered from Amazon, my item has been marked as on the truck out for delivery, and it just didn't show up until the next day. Both times it was with UPS.

I just don't understand loading a 100lb mattress onto a truck, driving around with it all day, and just not delivering it.
Maybe that driver was off the next day?

My wife is on my account.  Don't remember how I added her.  She gets same benefits on all but Kindle.  I get some free or $1 books that she can't get for whatever reason.

Has anyone added a family member? Do they have to live with you? Do they get the same benefits of Prime as you?

I'm unsure how to do this
i'm unsure how my wife did it, but she is on my account and gets all the benefits. lives with me, but i don't know if it matters cause if you really had to you could have things shipped to someone else or probably find some way around it

i'm unsure how my wife did it, but she is on my account and gets all the benefits. lives with me, but i don't know if it matters cause if you really had to you could have things shipped to someone else or probably find some way around it
You have to share a wallet, so in other words you'd have to trust the other person with your credit card info. 

yeah, no. i share my prime account benefits with family but they don't get access to my billing. they get free shipping and prime pricing mostly.

Music still not included

Family Library

With Family Library, you can link two Amazon accounts and share eBooks, audiobooks, apps and games on your Kindle, other compatible Amazon devices, and media apps. Content from both adult accounts can also be shared with up to four child profiles. While sharing payment instruments is a requirement for adults to share digital content through Family Library, this is not required for an adult to whitelist digital content for child profiles in the household . Please see your device-specific Family Library Help page for more information.

Note: Both adults must agree to share wallets (i.e. credit/debit cards) in order to share Family Library.

Sharing Select Prime Benefits

Eligible Prime benefits can only be shared between the two adults in a household. Customers who are Amazon Student Prime members (free trial or paid) or invited guests of other Prime members can't share their benefits. However, other types of Prime members can share eligible benefits with those types of members.

Select Prime benefits can only be shared between the two adults in a Household. Customers who are Amazon Student Prime members (free trial or paid) or invited guests of other Prime members can't share their benefits.

Note: Both adults must agree to share wallets (i.e. credit/debit cards) in order to share the Prime benefits listed below.

The following Prime benefits can be shared between the two adults in the Amazon Household:

• Fast & FREE Prime Shipping benefits
  • Access to Prime Video (streaming only)
  • Early access to Amazon Lightning Deals
  • Prime Photos (each household adult is eligible for their own personal Prime Photos account - actual photos and albums aren't shared between accounts unless you add them to your Family Vault)
  • Audible Channels for Prime
  • Kindle Owners' Lending Library
  • 20% off diapers subscriptions and 15% off Baby Registry discounts, compliments of Amazon Family
  • Fresh shipping benefits (for Prime Fresh members only)

The following Amazon Prime benefits can't be shared with adult members of Amazon Household:

• Prime Video downloads.
  • The ability to invite guests to share Amazon Prime delivery benefits.
  • Kindle First.

I use my coworkers prime all the time

he has about 15 different peoples address and cc's stored on there

I let him use my netflix

other coworker lets us use hulu

etc

yeah, no. i share my prime account benefits with family but they don't get access to my billing. they get free shipping and prime pricing mostly.
Billing isn't the same thing as your wallet. The adults do have access to your wallet, whether you knew that or not. 

Can someone help me with the best way to set up a Fire tablet for my 5 year old daughter. It arrived tied to my account, which I think is fine so she can stream prime video and music. All my books and stuff show up on her device though. Is there a way she can have her own separate device, not linked to my music, books and apps, but still have the benefits of our Prime account?

Can someone help me with the best way to set up a Fire tablet for my 5 year old daughter. It arrived tied to my account, which I think is fine so she can stream prime video and music. All my books and stuff show up on her device though. Is there a way she can have her own separate device, not linked to my music, books and apps, but still have the benefits of our Prime account?
Might want to look at Amazon Free Time.  $2.99/month, but it gives her a separate acct. with access to child friendly content.

Users who are viewing this thread