What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (3 Viewers)

Ordered a Traxxas remote controlled car back at the end of November for my son.  Pulled it out this weekend for the first time and we played around with it.  My son crashed it into the curb and broke a piece.  While shopping for replacement parts I realized I was sent the cheaper version of what I ordered.  It's about a $100 difference.  

Chatted with Amazon and they were quick to offer to send the correct version as long as I replace the broken part and send the old one back.  

I let them know it was going to show signs of use and the rep didn't seem concerned.  Hopefully there won't be any issues with the return.
Got the new one today.  Amazon sent the wrong one again.  

Has Prime killed eBay?  No one talks about eBay anymore.
I hadn't even thought about ebay in years until I ended up with a new apple monitor, despite the fact that I don't have an apple computer.  I sold it on ebay and a week later my ebay and paypal accounts were both hacked and I ended up having to put in a $1200 fraud report to my bank explaining that I didn't buy computer parts from ebay New Zealand.

I think ebay killed itself.

Plus facebook marketplace and apps like letgo are the easiest way to buy/sell used stuff without dealing with shipping.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep all Traxxas have a training mode, but you have to turn it on each time IIRC...but it's been a while.
Everything worked out.  They sent a second XL-5 instead of the VXL.  First rep wouldn't do anything.  Said to return them both.  She kept trying to tell me I bought them from a third party seller when I bought them from Amazon.  She transferred me to a supervisor.  I asked if I could keep both the lower models and not deal with the returns.  She agreed so I ended up with two Rustler XL-5s for $222 shipped.

Everything worked out.  They sent a second XL-5 instead of the VXL.  First rep wouldn't do anything.  Said to return them both.  She kept trying to tell me I bought them from a third party seller when I bought them from Amazon.  She transferred me to a supervisor.  I asked if I could keep both the lower models and not deal with the returns.  She agreed so I ended up with two Rustler XL-5s for $222 shipped.
Awesome! Have fun, I'd look into bigger batteries so you can run them for longer than 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, I've been guilty of not comparing prices on somethings as often as I probably should. I just trust Amazon too much. But in the end, I agree with you. If it saves me time, I'm not worried about spending a few extra bucks here and there.

Plus there are so many options to get 5% cash back on Amazon purchases these days. It's going to take a massive sea change in the retail world for Amazon to not be my first and only stop for many items.
I'm with you here.  Against my better judgment I ordered something from Office Depot because I wanted it tomorrow and they price match Amazon.  I placed the order and jumped on chat for the price match.  The guy says that can't price match because it has another brand in the title.  Of course the brand of the item is in the title.  He said they would only match if it said Office Depot in the title.  Anything else was a special order and didn't qualify.  I'll wait an extra day and won't bother checking Office Depot next time.

Last week, I ordered some beer-making ingredient kits to be delivered to my office. Delivery was supposed to be by 8 p.m. on the 13th - we close at 5, but I wasn't worried because I always receive the deliveries during business hours. I left early and the on-line tracker said it was out for delivery, so I told one of the people still there to call me when the package arrived (I live about a mile away). Never got a call, so at about 6 p.m. I checked the tracker again and it had backed up to the "at the shipping center" (or whatever it is) message and there was now no delivery date/time.

Saturday, I get a message saying that delivery was attempted but, of course, no one was there to receive it. The tracker basically went kaput at this point.

Monday morning, I called Amazon and they told me the package was in return transit (back to Amazon, I suppose). He said he'd refund to my account and that I could just order new. I agreed. So I re-ordered for Wednesday delivery. Tuesday, I got an e mail that my refund had gone through. Wednesday, the re-order showed. Thursday, the original order arrived :loco:

I buy insane amounts of stuff from them, have stuff on the front porch almost every single day. I'm putting in a filtration system and got everything on Prime, from the faucet to the diamond bits to the Teflon tape. Screw Home Depot.
Amazon had already killed most B&M retail for me, and now I'm also finding they are eliminating Lowes/HD for me too. Especially since I use Hitachi cordless tools, and they have a very limited cordless selection in-stores compared to Milwaukee/Dewalt/Makita. Better selection, cheaper, and simpler to just use Amazon.

The local True Value here struggles to compete with Lowes/HD, but they do have a better selection of nuts/bolts/fasteners (one of the shrinking number of home improvement store things I'd want to buy locally and not wait to be shipped).

Yeah, I've been guilty of not comparing prices on somethings as often as I probably should. I just trust Amazon too much. But in the end, I agree with you. If it saves me time, I'm not worried about spending a few extra bucks here and there.

Plus there are so many options to get 5% cash back on Amazon purchases these days. It's going to take a massive sea change in the retail world for Amazon to not be my first and only stop for many items.
Get a Citi card with price rewind & they will monitor the price of the item you purchased for 90 days.  If there is a better deal somewhere you automatically get reimbursed the difference.

I'm installing new exhaust fans in my bathrooms.  Settled on a model and went to purchase.  Amazon was much cheaper than Lowe's and Home Depot.  Never thought I'd be buying items like this from Amazon.

Last week, I ordered some beer-making ingredient kits to be delivered to my office. Delivery was supposed to be by 8 p.m. on the 13th - we close at 5, but I wasn't worried because I always receive the deliveries during business hours. I left early and the on-line tracker said it was out for delivery, so I told one of the people still there to call me when the package arrived (I live about a mile away). Never got a call, so at about 6 p.m. I checked the tracker again and it had backed up to the "at the shipping center" (or whatever it is) message and there was now no delivery date/time.

Saturday, I get a message saying that delivery was attempted but, of course, no one was there to receive it. The tracker basically went kaput at this point.

Monday morning, I called Amazon and they told me the package was in return transit (back to Amazon, I suppose). He said he'd refund to my account and that I could just order new. I agreed. So I re-ordered for Wednesday delivery. Tuesday, I got an e mail that my refund had gone through. Wednesday, the re-order showed. Thursday, the original order arrived :loco:
Was it Amazon carrier?

Just got a fire-stick to watch DirecTVNow with.  The stick is pretty damn awesome, but it's hard getting used to not having a keypad on the remote.  Volume controls/power for the TV would be great.

So, with the new book thing, you can no longer get one Kindle Unlimited book per month right? Not a big fan of this new Prime Book or whatever it is called. Had tons of books I was looking forward to trying off of the Kindle Unlimited thing. But when I look at these new book choices I have access too... meh.

You can tell by the tracking.

I've found the Amazon delivery people to not be as good the other guys
Hell, I never even saw that. I can only ever recall one of the delivery services dropping off - I'm out in the sticks - so I'm assuming it's not Amazon.

Hell, I never even saw that. I can only ever recall one of the delivery services dropping off - I'm out in the sticks - so I'm assuming it's not Amazon.
My daughter does this, drives for Amazon sometimes. The tracking number starts like this if it is one of these folks: Carrier: AMZL US, Tracking #: TBA........ as opposed to having UPS, USPS, etc.

My daughter does this, drives for Amazon sometimes. The tracking number starts like this if it is one of these folks: Carrier: AMZL US, Tracking #: TBA........ as opposed to having UPS, USPS, etc.
Thanks. I never even paid attention to the tracking #s

I'm installing new exhaust fans in my bathrooms.  Settled on a model and went to purchase.  Amazon was much cheaper than Lowe's and Home Depot.  Never thought I'd be buying items like this from Amazon.
I feel the same way. I just bought my kid a car and the rocker panels are rusting out. Found everything I need to fix them on Amazon, cheaper than anywhere else. 

Ordered a Windows 10 license, paid for it, received the number in an email and it worked. :pickle:

A couple days later, I received an email from the seller stating the following:

Amazon alerted me to a hack on my account, you will be refunded for your purchase as the item did not exist. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact Amazon with any further questions.
I have received the refund, but no request or instructions to send back the license. Should I just keep it?

The door gasket on my dishwasher went bad last week. I typed the model number into Amazon and found it cheaper than the local appliance store. It came in a couple of days and I fixed it by watching a YouTube video. 
I needed a new handle for the door of a clothes drier.  Every appliance parts dealer I could find had it listed for $90+ (for a stinking 12" piece of plastic with 2 screw holes in it). Amazon was $61 with free shipping.

I needed a new handle for the door of a clothes drier.  Every appliance parts dealer I could find had it listed for $90+ (for a stinking 12" piece of plastic with 2 screw holes in it). Amazon was $61 with free shipping.
Same with my snowblower. Needed a new chute, and thought we were done for the season. But then the treat of a storm was building. So i went on Sears parts and they wanted $70+expedited shipping. Amazon had the same part for a few bucks cheaper and the free 2 day prime shipping. Sorry Sears.

Usually build my on computers and one I built 9 years ago finally gave up the ghost.  i5, 8GB Ram, 2TB Storage for just over $400.  I can't build it for that.  And it arrives with free shipping tomorrow.  Unbelievable.  

Need some help with a laptop purchase for my son and his college. I know nothing about computers but I trust FFA brotherhood.

Not worried about getting a small one, it will primarily be for doing papers and research back in the room. Probably a budget of 600ish is a good starting point. 

Any of you Amazoners have any recommendations?

Need some help with a laptop purchase for my son and his college. I know nothing about computers but I trust FFA brotherhood.

Not worried about getting a small one, it will primarily be for doing papers and research back in the room. Probably a budget of 600ish is a good starting point. 

This one has plenty of horse power for that price.  

Amazon is going to be streaming the Thurs night NFL games this year. Reportedly will only be available to Prime customers

I wouldn't restrict myself to amazon for a laptop.  I'd use something like this

on hold with customer service, about to go ballistic b/c we ordered something we need for a costume party for tomorrow night and it was guaranteed to be delivered today.  Now they USPS is saying they haven't received it yet and can't promise it will get here by tomorrow when we need it.  If they can't get it fixed it's going to royally #### up my day tomorrow trying to find something new.

:rant:

NFL Thursday Games free for Prime Members.

nevermind, didnt read first, late to the party

Seems like 50% of the stuff I buy on Amazon has either clearly been used, or is some kind of factory second. Something not quite right about that item? Sell it on Amazon.

Tiger Fan said:
on hold with customer service, about to go ballistic b/c we ordered something we need for a costume party for tomorrow night and it was guaranteed to be delivered today.  Now they USPS is saying they haven't received it yet and can't promise it will get here by tomorrow when we need it.  If they can't get it fixed it's going to royally #### up my day tomorrow trying to find something new.

:rant:
I know this doesn't help but, I had an order this week that was supposed to be same day delivery, and it took two days. I emailed a complaint and they refunded me the cost of the order.

Dr Oadi said:
Not all are on broadcast tv are they? I remember looking for some last season and they weren't on any network. The bengals fame was one I believe. 
Yes, all found on network TV or NFL Network in addition to Amazon. Complete waste of $50 million big ones...

Sources confirmed to ESPN that the deal to stream the games, which will be simulcast on the NFL Network and either CBS or NBC, is worth $50 million, up from the $10 million that Twitter paid for the streaming in the deal last season.

Users who are viewing this thread