What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cover Songs that are better than the original (2 Viewers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_MOIVvQNg

Toadies cover of Blondie's Heart of Glass.  Not sure how I missed this until now, but waaaayyy better than the original
As much as I love the Toadies and appreciate your posting for the opportunity to hear this, I'm sticking with the new wave/disco sheen of the original. Heart of Glass's charm is how catchy it is and Debbie Harry's smoky (almost) falsetto, and this slowed-down version with a deeper, masculine voice takes some of the swing out of it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovesick Blues....Hank Williams (Emmett Miller)

Statesboro Blues....The Allman Bros (Blind Willie McTell)

Unchained Melody....The Righteous Bros (Al Hibbler)

Blue Moon of Kentucky....Elvis (Bill Monroe)

Outside Woman Blues....Cream (Blind Willie Reynolds)

Sin City...Uncle Tupelo (Flying Burrito Bros)

Freight Train Blues...Bob Dylan (Roy Acuff)

Sitting on Top of the World...Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys (The Mississippi Sheiks)

Ghost Riders in the Sky...Johnny Cash (Burl Ives)

That's Alright Mama...Elvis (Big Boy Crudup)

Jersey Girl...Bruce Springsteen (Tom Waits)

Tommorrow Night...Elvis (Lonnie Johnson)

Fever....Peggy Lee  (Little Willie John)

I preferred Manfred Mann's Earth Band's rendition of Blinded By the Light more than Bruce Sprinsteen's original rendition.  Sorry if this was already mentioned, didn't feel like wading through 13 pages.

whoops - so it as discussed back on page 10.  So be it, but I stand by assessment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new live record from all-star bluegrass cover band Earls of Leicester (Live at the CMA) is entirely Flatt & Scruggs songs from 1954-1965 (when their band had a particular make up).  I grew up listening to Flatt & Scruggs as my dad was a banjo player, and I can say the Earls honestly improve most of these songs just out of sheer awesome individual talent. Most people know Jerry Douglas, but the entire band is comprised of bluegrass legends - perhaps lesser-known among non-bluegrass fans.  Their banjo player Charlie Cushman is one of my favorite musicians alive.  They are touring now - don't miss it if you like bluegrass music as they are the best thing going right now.

https://earlsofleicester.net/

Users who are viewing this thread