What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (8 Viewers)

Quez said:
Kinsman had a pretty big social media trail that will make her look bad. She deleted and locked down her accounts as soon as the allegations became public. However, I am sure someone has it all saved somewhere.
Quez, I bet you are correct that someone has all the information from Kinsman's social media accounts, her cell phone, etc. The startling thing is that investigators sought all of that info from Kinsman, yet didn't seek similar evidence from Winston, Cashner, and Darby, i.e., the PD spent more time/ effort investigating (or trying to discredit) the victim than they did the accused. In fact, Cashner admitted to having video of the entire incident, which was, of course, conveniently deleted before the authorities could secure it. Face it, this thing stinks of police incompetence and, worse, corruption.

Mr. Casher made a startling admission: he had secretly videotaped part of the sexual encounter through the partly opened bedroom door, and deleted the video from his phone a couple of days later. Had the police found him quickly, they might have obtained that video.

Mr. Casher had never mentioned the video in the affidavit he submitted with the help of Mr. Winston’s lawyer. Even so, officers did not ask why he had omitted that important fact, why he had deleted the video or whether he had shared it with anyone. And though Mr. Casher said he had a new phone, the officers did not ask what he did with the old one.

Neither the police nor the prosecutor’s office subpoenaed the phone records of Mr. Casher, Mr. Darby or Mr. Winston — even though they investigated all electronic communications to and from the accuser around the time of the sexual encounter.

The failure to seek similar electronic communications from the three football players surprised one former assistant state attorney, who prosecuted a Florida State football player on a rape charge a decade ago. “Why that was done, I don’t really know the answer to that,” said the former prosecutor, Adam Ruiz. “To me, that’s a no-brainer.”
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

I thought I read that Casher allegedly had a video of the girl riding him & giving him a BJ. I will defer to our resident Jameis expert for that one. I highly doubt it was a girl getting choked out & screaming while Jameis was raping her.

I thought I read that Casher allegedly had a video of the girl riding him & giving him a BJ. I will defer to our resident Jameis expert for that one. I highly doubt it was a girl getting choked out & screaming while Jameis was raping her.
Casher recorded it and claimed it had what you said, but erased the video and destroyed/lost his phone.

Kinsman never said was choked or was screaming.

Casher recorded it and claimed it had what you said, but erased the video and destroyed/lost his phone.

I hope you solve this caper soon.

I hope you solve this caper soon.
I like to think that he is constantly starting at new websites with a giant magnifying glass and a detective's hat.

"We'll solve this mystery eventually Penny!"

rustycolts said:
MAC_32 said:
"I think it's a consensus among FSU fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

:runs away:
Being a Gator fan I'm not the most unbiased when it comes to FSU.I can assure you though if the greatest coach the state of Florida has ever seen says that then its gospel.But just like a few folks have stated it doesn't matter if he is an embarrassment to the organization his family,the fans or anyone else as long as he wins. Guess you as fan have to figure out what is more important to you.
Ahh. Your posts make sense now.
I have pulled for FSU in the past and still do,just not when they are playing the Gators.Gators biggest rival is Georgia if you ask me.Some great athletes have come out of FSU Charlie Ward for example.I enjoy following them through out their career along with ones out of UF. My problem is with the person and its been discussed ad nauseam. So I will just wait until the whole story is finished and then if I have to eat crow I will. Cstu all FSU fans are not jerks some can be over zealous but hey so are the majority of Gator fans.

I could just imagine bumping into a guy like CSTU in a bar, at the water cooler, etc. Casually mentioning something about the Bucs drafting Winston to break the silence. Then all of a sudden a barrage of anti-Jameis propaganda.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Is there a separate thread where folks talk about how Winston looks in rookie camp & OTAs, or is this it?
Start up a thread. This is more a FFA thread now anyways.

"I'm disappointed. To say that the young man is an 'embarrassment'? That's pretty strong," Smith told the Tampa Bay Times. "I just don't think he's speaking for all of Florida State, even though he's in an official role there. ... Normally, when you're in a family, you don't do that. I'm very disappointed that somebody like that would make that type of statement."

Further, Smith told the newspaper that when the Bucs talked to people at the school, "no one said (Winston) was an embarrassment. It was the complete opposite, starting with (coach) Jimbo Fisher."
:lol:

They got him drafted #1, sucker.

After the Duke Lacrosse fiasco and false accusations leading to the destruction of those young men's lives simply because they were white, she was blak, they had money and she didn't .... and her lies ....

I don't judge quickly.

Winston is exactly the type of person through his actions that would rape a woman. Nothing Winston has screams a good decent human being. I believe her and he will be found guilty of raping her in a civil court and he'd have been found guilty too in regular court had the police in that town not wanted a Championship

Jameis Winston wasn't at the Bucs Thursday's organized team activity because he is attending the NFL Players Association's Rookie Premiere event in Los Angeles. But the No. 1 overall draft pick already has done his work for the week, Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com reports.

Smith said Winston took double the amount of reps he usually would in Wednesday's session to make up for Thursday. Winston turned in his best day of practice so far, Smith said.

"For him, there's been a lot of individual work, but having a chance this week to go against our best defense and things like that [has been good],'' Smith said. "We have a long ways to go. But we like where he is right now.''

Teammates have talked about how Winston rarely is seen without his playbook.

"He gets better every day,'' tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins said. "He's picking up the offense very fast.''

"I've seen marked improvement, like it should be,'' Smith said. "He's showing more and more comfort in the pocket. There's a lot you ask a rookie to do, but Jameis is picking it all up, just like we thought he would. Right on schedule.''
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/49929/Jameis-Winston-earning-early-rave-reviews-from-Bucs/Default.aspx

Great to hear he is looking good so far. That being said, what is the HC going to say this soon after the draft? "We made a huge mistake drafting him and he is going to be a bust?" :)

Great to hear he is looking good so far. That being said, what is the HC going to say this soon after the draft? "We made a huge mistake drafting him and he is going to be a bust?" :)
It's a good thing everything is in place for him to succeed. Top talent at WR, solid OL & running game, OC is 'perfect fit'. There won't be any excuses. There will be only one person to blame when he fails miserably.

It's a good thing everything is in place for him to succeed. Top talent at WR, solid OL & running game, OC is 'perfect fit'. There won't be any excuses. There will be only one person to blame when he fails miserably.
Sounds like you are already making excuses. :popcorn:

Capella said:
lod01 said:
bucsbaby said:
Actually I'm making sure you can't. Everything is in place for him to have the greatest rookie QB season ever.

lod01 said:
bucsbaby said:
TB has a solid oline? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Capella said:
Actually I'm making sure you can't. Everything is in place for him to have the greatest rookie QB season ever.
So a team who went 2-14 and finished 30th in Offense is the best location for an incoming starting rookie QB in NFL history.

Capella said:
So a team who went 2-14 and finished 30th in Offense is the best location for an incoming starting rookie QB in NFL history.
Andrew Luck did it. Took 2-14 and turned it into 11-5. You guys think this guy is great and the best thing since Andrew Luck.

Capella said:
Andrew Luck did it. Took 2-14 and turned it into 11-5. You guys think this guy is great and the best thing since Andrew Luck.
Yes, we all think he's Andrew Luck.

Capella said:
Yes, we all think he's Andrew Luck.
Also, as bad as McCown and Glennon were last season, they were all pro compared to the Colts' QBs that season.

:lmao:

Flushed out what you are going to blame his bad performance on, didn't I?

Capella said:
That 2011 Colts team was basically the same team as the 2010 Colts team. The only difference was who played QB

2010 – Colts were 4th in overall offense (1st pass/29th run) – Peyton Manning QB

2011 – Colts were 29th in overall offense (27th pass/26th run) – Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins/Dan Orlosky QB

2012 – Colts were 18th in overall offense 7th pass/22nd run) – Andrew Luck QB

2010 – Colts were 23rd in overall defense (13th pass/25th run)

2011 – Colts were 28th in overall defense (15th pass/ 29th run)

2012 – Colts were 21st in overall defense (21st pass/29th run)

So that's what you were doing when you posted TB had a solid O line? You knew better but pretended otherwise to expose them?

Do yourself - and the rest of us - a favor and knock this childish crap off. You sound as prescient as Brewtown was about Sankey last season.

I love that you think are some kind of football expert while saying that the Bucs have a good oline.

I love that you think are some kind of football expert while saying that the Bucs have a good oline.
:lmao: Missed that sarcasm, not once but twice now. They are the one of if not the worst in the league. That's why they drafted 2 guys in the 2nd round. I stated it simply because I know you Winston lovers will blame his suckage on them.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/5/30/8691787/more-stats-to-prove-the-buccaneers-offensive-line-was-awful

Not that that lack of protection is going to ruin Jameis Winston. The idea that getting sacked a lot can wreck a quarterback's mental approach to the game seems to be based mostly on David Carr, and there's no real reason to believe that him getting sacked a lot is why he sucked -- rather, he probably just sucked, which incidentally tends to lead to more sacks, too.

I said that from the get go while everyone else said Carr was good and the OL, WR,s coaches, etc were the problem when in reality it was Carr who sucked and made everyone else worse.....kinda like this guy will do.

:lmao: Missed that sarcasm, not once but twice now. They are the one of if not the worst in the league. That's why they drafted 2 guys in the 2nd round. I stated it simply because I know you Winston lovers will blame his suckage on them.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/5/30/8691787/more-stats-to-prove-the-buccaneers-offensive-line-was-awful

Not that that lack of protection is going to ruin Jameis Winston. The idea that getting sacked a lot can wreck a quarterback's mental approach to the game seems to be based mostly on David Carr, and there's no real reason to believe that him getting sacked a lot is why he sucked -- rather, he probably just sucked, which incidentally tends to lead to more sacks, too.

I said that from the get go while everyone else said Carr was good and the OL, WR,s coaches, etc were the problem when in reality it was Carr who sucked and made everyone else worse.....kinda like this guy will do.
Look, the Texans Front office screwed up that situation royally. They were an expansion team who hired a great defensive coach (Capers) who brought in poor offensive coaches. Rather than draft a stud rookie DE in Julius Peppers to go along with some of the good defensive veterans they picked up in the expansion draft, they go with a Rookie Franchise QB behind a terrible Oline of 2 rookies and 3 back-ups who had never played together before under a bad offensive system. Plus their skill position players were horrible (other than Andre Johnson drafted in year 2) because Charlie Casserly was a terrible GM. David Carr probably would have never been a great QB, but he was put in the absolute worst possible position as a rookie QB. Combine that with the fact that he was a family man who didn't put in extra time at the stadium because he wasn't going to sacrifice time with his family, and there was no way he was going to be a good franchise QB.

Users who are viewing this thread