What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Android/Google All the Time (1 Viewer)

I've been getting "your Verizon cloud storage is going away if you don't pay $X/month" type messages for a few weeks now. All those are already backed up on Google. 

Ok. Will this cause me to lose any photos? Talk to me like I'm 3

And thank you for responding 
If they are being saved on Google photos then you are doubling your efforts for no good reason. They're backed up on there more or less for free. You shouldn't need the Verizon Cloud to back up anything if you've enabled Google Photos  back up feature on your phone.  It automatically transfer any photo you take on the phone to your Google photo storage. You can keep the pics on your phone (as long as you have the storage) and have them simultaneously on the Goog cloud.

In light of this...

:lol: I wish

Kids and grandkids. Plus I have photos saved on my phone from July 2016 to present 

Do this.... (make sure you select the free option in set up)

If they are being saved on Google photos then you are doubling your efforts for no good reason. They're backed up on there more or less for free. You shouldn't need the Verizon Cloud to back up anything if you've enabled Google Photos  back up feature on your phone.  It automatically transfer any photo you take on the phone to your Google photo storage. You can keep the pics on your phone (as long as you have the storage) and have them simultaneously on the Goog cloud.

Oh, and after you do that, hook up your phone to your PC via USB and transfer the photos to your computer so you have another, full-res, back up.  That is a lot of memories that you could lose if something were to happen to your phone. 

Once you've done that, disable the VZW cloud auto-backup (or disable the notification by long pressing on it and selecting the appropriate option)

Have a Nexus 5, thinking about buying a Galaxy S7, being the latest one will be 2yrs old in a couple months, would you still buy one for around $200?

Not sure if I want to spend that on a 2 yr old phone.

Any decent priced new phones on the market now?

picking up an Essential Phone this week. will post reviews for those interested.
i tried the Essential for about 10 days. while it has terrific specs, i found it to be very buggy and unreliable. it dropped calls. GPS was a clusterf__k. it was just really wonky for me and that surprises me considering it was more or less stock Android 7 whatever. i was disappointed and took it back. Sprint folks were super nice. i was looking for good upgrade deal. maybe the Moto Z?

What network are you on? If on AT&T or T-Mobile I'd jump on the Honor 7X that's being released later this month for $200. Or for a few hundred more I'd grab the Oneplus 5T.

Honor 7X

Oneplus 5T
TING which runs on the Sprint network but you can bring GSM phones to Sprint. I ike the reviews for the Honor 7X, but it doesn't support Dual Band Wi-Fi. Do you need that? WHat would be the drawback?

Thanks @dorno  

Have a Nexus 5, thinking about buying a Galaxy S7, being the latest one will be 2yrs old in a couple months, would you still buy one for around $200?

Not sure if I want to spend that on a 2 yr old phone.

Any decent priced new phones on the market now?
I got a Moto G5 Plus in November for around $220 on Amazon. Pretty damn good bang for the buck.

How is Moto under Lenovo with the software? Still as stockish as before? I figured if I needed a new phone cheap I'd grab one of these as the specs look good for the price.
i've had a Moto G4 since Nov 2016. It's pretty damn solid for me.

How is Moto under Lenovo with the software? Still as stockish as before? I figured if I needed a new phone cheap I'd grab one of these as the specs look good for the price.
Yeah, darn close to stock android. I had a Nexus 5 and the 5X previous to the G5, and other than a built-in app drawer on the home screen, it's stock. 
I haven't seen any updates come through and am still running 7.0, which I'm perfectly OK with. 

This was the original phone I was looking at on AMazon, a Prime Member special. Doesn't seem like they have it anymore, but found it at Target for $229. Think that's a winner.
Looks great. Am I wrong or did the Moto G not used to be available on Verizon? That's what I remember (a few years ago at least), so I kind of forgot about it. I haven't bought a new phone in a while, but Moto X's have always been my favorite phones to use. $230ish on a Moto G when my current phone croaks looks like it'd be the thing to make me spring for a new phone again.

I have had a Moto G5 Plus for my daughter since May 2017.  It is a pretty snappy little phone, the OS is near stock, and the additional Moto features are actually pretty useful.  It has gotten an update or two, but do not expect much in terms of major OS upgrades from Lenovo going forward.  I did have a warranty issue with the device, and contrarty to what the internet may lead you to believe, Lenovo handled it quickly and we had a replacement device in 24 hours. 

Just recently had a wire go bad that came with my Pixel. Bought a new one and its now charging fine. Hope thats your issue. 

Try a different cable.
Yeah, almost positive it's the phone connection. It's going in and out. Wasn't charging at work yesterday. Went by the phone accessory place in my building and the cords there wouldn't charge it. Got in the car to go home and the car charger worked. Charged overnight ok. Phone cord at work that didn't work yesterday is now working correctly today. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, almost positive it's the phone connection. It's going in and out. Wasn't charging at work yesterday. Went by the phone accessory place in my building and the cords there wouldn't charge it. Got in the car to go home and the car charger worked. Charged overnight ok. Phone cord at work that didn't work yesterday is now working correctly today. Ugh.
Sorry if this is an obvious suggestion, but have you tried cleaning out the port?  My daughter and wife had both been complaining recently about their phones not charging correctly (only charging sometimes, some cables work better than others, etc).  I finally got around to taking a toothpick** to the charging ports on their phones - I tried compressed air first, but that didn't work for the lint that was compressed in there. I got a decent amount out of each, although I expected there to be more if that was really the problem.  Both phones have been charging perfectly ever since.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this is an obvious suggestion, but have you tried cleaning out the port?  My daughter and wife had both been complaining recently about their phones not charging correctly (only charging sometimes, some cables work better than others, etc).  I finally got around to taking a toothpick** to the charging ports on their phones - I tried compressed air first, but that didn't work for the lint that was compressed in there. I got a decent amount out of each, although I expected there to be more if that was really the problem.  Both phones have been charging perfectly ever since.  
I have cleaned it with compressed air. I will try a pin or paperclip, but I can't really see anything in the port, it looks pretty good. Thanks.

Update: There was no lint in there but I did staple a hole in my finger attempting to get a staple to use to clean it out. Thanks a lot @jhib. ;)
Ha. My bad. 

Make sure to clean out that hole in your finger so it doesn't get infected.  A toothpick should do the trick.  :)

What are you guys using to back your phone up? Have a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S4, and bought a couple of Moto G5+ phones and want to try to transfer everything over to each phone.

I tried Titanium but you have to have your phone rooted and I have no clue how to do that/

Thanks in advance!

What are you guys using to back your phone up? Have a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S4, and bought a couple of Moto G5+ phones and want to try to transfer everything over to each phone.

I tried Titanium but you have to have your phone rooted and I have no clue how to do that/

Thanks in advance!
my google accounts transfer everything without doing anything afaik

For settings and stuff I use Nova launcher which backs up to drive (free version is manual backup). For texts I use sms backup from sync tech pty Ltd. App works great and also backs up to drive and has auto backup settings so you can just forget about it.
I found this last night for transferring apps, music, videos etc.

Worked like a charm, fast to install and use, best of all, free.

Looked into it for more than a second. If you transfer apps does it move them without losing data points? Example: would your gameplay be at the same spot on new phone as old phone without having to download anything?
No clue, I don't play any games. But the few apps I wanted transferred, it worked like a charm. 

Sigh..........

Got it UPS Saturday,and Sunday, not 24 hours later, it slipped out of my shirt pocket and into the toilet  when I bent down to flush it after taking a leak. Unbelievable, seriously un####ingbelieable. I cleaned it with a bleach wipe and its sitting in a bag of rice. But I did see that while I was cleaning it, the message "No Sim card" was showing........

Unbelievable...... FML

So what is the best app to connect to itunes? My daughter is thinking about switching to an Android, but doesn't know if it'll be a smooth transition to her itunes acct

For the last couple months my S8+ has been re-sending me push notifications over and over after I dismiss them, all coming from different apps. 

For instance I now have 5 amber alerts piled up, and a few minutes after dismissing them they just pop back up.  Every few days I'll get another push notification that I can check in for my delta flight that took off a month ago, every few days I get a notification that my lyft account has a credit I added a month ago, etc.

Anyone know what's going on here? 

So what is the best app to connect to itunes? My daughter is thinking about switching to an Android, but doesn't know if it'll be a smooth transition to her itunes acct
Might as well just get a family music subscription to Google Play for $15 a mo & get rid of all those pesky YouTube adds as well with YouTube red.  

So I have another Moto G5+ and I have a problem that is driving me crazy. There is a, basically an infomercial on my voicemail that I cannot get rid of. I set it up and that seems to work because I left myself a message, but I cannot get to it because even if I listen to the infomercial, it doesn't let me delete it, it just hangs up on me.

Help!   :wall:

So I don't think it's a voicemail. When I tap on the voicemail icon, or dial *86 to get to voicemail, it dials a number that is nothing but ads. And never does go to voicemail. 

Anyone with an idea on how to fix this??

Any thoughts on the Samsung S9? I watched the release thing and it looks pretty sweet. I think I may be upgrading. I am hoping for some incentive deals.

Users who are viewing this thread