What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (2 Viewers)

How high does Cooper go in start-ups next year?

The entire 1st round is going to be WR's, Gronk, Bell, and Gurley next year. I guess it wasn't much different this year, but we're starting to run out of 1st round slots for all these ultra young, fairly young, or prime stud WR candidates. The turn is going to be a great place to be again next year.

Link

• Amari Cooper has already tied an Oakland rookie record with three 100-yard receiving games for a single season.
  • Cooper averages 7.0 yards after the catch, the highest of any receiver with 20 or more receptions.
  • Just one of Cooper's 50 targets has been in the red zone (two percent), lowest rate of all receivers with 25 or more total targets.
then down below says..

Amari Cooper (I wrongfully faded him last week, but I still believe the process is sound to do it again this week. He’s not seeing a high level targets and isn’t seeing any near the end zone while having another poor paper matchup),

How high does Cooper go in start-ups next year?

The entire 1st round is going to be WR's, Gronk, Bell, and Gurley next year. I guess it wasn't much different this year, but we're starting to run out of 1st round slots for all these ultra young, fairly young, or prime stud WR candidates. The turn is going to be a great place to be again next year.
I was thinking about this as well. Does he finish top 5 next year? Who would you rank above him? Julio, Dez, Antonio? Who else?

Not that it means much because his insane tear started after, but Cooper is out-producing Beckham's first six starts so far.

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.
Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.
He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.
i assume the McFadden trade was in re-draft, at least i hope so. Have both Julio and Amari on a dynasty team, would probably be more open to moving Julio as well. Kind of crazy to say that out loud as it would have been unthinkable before the season started.

Has Amari got a nickname yet?

How about Cooperstown?

ETA: Or maybe Oakland can change the name of the stadium to Cooperstown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.
Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.
He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.
i assume the McFadden trade was in re-draft, at least i hope so. Have both Julio and Amari on a dynasty team, would probably be more open to moving Julio as well. Kind of crazy to say that out loud as it would have been unthinkable before the season started.
RIght now Amari is a classic "buy high" in keeper / dynasty formats IMO. Look at OBJ at this point last season ... he went from someone people had to "overpay" to get in Week 9 to being virtually untouchable (as in "dynasty startup 1.01" untouchable) in the span of two months.

I'm not necessarily equating Amari with OBJ, merely noting that the next week or so could be your last chance to acquire him in these formats at virtually any price. Wild guess, I'd say those who splash out for him now have a 75% chance of mildly overpaying in FV terms ... and a 25% chance of landing a top-5 dynasty asset for the next 7-8 years. Worth the gamble IMO.

FWIW, I have Amari as a 5th-rounder in a deep keeper (keep 6 indefinitely at the same draft position) and I can count the number of guys I'd move him for on two hands.

I think his nickname should be "Bad Mother####er"

"Silent Assassin" since he doesn't trash talk and isnt a diva would be my 2nd vote.

Apparently Cooper pulled his quad in practice today. Big blow for Carr and Co if he's out.

Amari Cooper (quad) didn't practice Wednesday. Standout receiver Amari Cooper, meanwhile, was on the field for the beginning of practice but went to the locker room and did not return with what the team called a quad issue. Cooper spoke to the media earlier Wednesday and didn’t mention being injured, nor did he look to be in discomfort. He will be monitored during the week. The Raiders often keep players out of Wednesday drills as a precaution

Last edited by a moderator:
He can be had for a reasonable price you say?I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.
RIght now Amari is a classic "buy high" in keeper / dynasty formats IMO. Look at OBJ at this point last season ... he went from someone people had to "overpay" to get in Week 9 to being virtually untouchable (as in "dynasty startup 1.01" untouchable) in the span of two months.

I'm not necessarily equating Amari with OBJ, merely noting that the next week or so could be your last chance to acquire him in these formats at virtually any price. Wild guess, I'd say those who splash out for him now have a 75% chance of mildly overpaying in FV terms ... and a 25% chance of landing a top-5 dynasty asset for the next 7-8 years. Worth the gamble IMO.
Yup. Made that "overpay gamble" about a month ago and was told I overpaid. Feel great about it now (obviously did then, too. But now I feel vindicated).

Dealt: J. Landry, Perriman, Agholor, Ertz, Ajayi for Cooper and a 2nd.

Did the same for Watkins. I'm a big believer in "overpaying" before it's too late, or when there's a buy-low opportunity. A few weeks ago I dealt:

Gio, Perriman, Lockett, 2nd for Watkins

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?

Can anyone share data points (trades or startup draft position) that give an idea to Cooper's dynasty value?

Can anyone share data points (trades or startup draft position) that give an idea to Cooper's dynasty value?
I traded D Thomas for him straight up a few weeks ago (before any of the Manning injury stuff). I was happy with it then, I'm thrilled with it now.

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?
my question from a week ago still stands :) i think im starting devonte parker and even Dez over him. Am I missing something here with the matchup that would indicate he could still peform well at Denver?

Same boat here... Was just searching for this thread to see what other owners are doing.

I've got to sit one of these guys:

Cooper, McFadden, Gurley, Buck Allen, and Chandler.

I think I'm going to send Cooper to the bench in this one.

iamkoza said:
my question from a week ago still stands :) i think im starting devonte parker and even Dez over him. Am I missing something here with the matchup that would indicate he could still peform well at Denver?
I hate Coopers match up this week. I am starting Devonte Parker over him.

I hate Coopers match up this week. I am starting Devonte Parker over him.
there is plenty of angst in the julio thread over his matchup this week, yet the #15 wr's (in my 0.5ppr) thread is :tumbleweed:

I pretty much have to play him. I read Denver has safety injuries but they likely get Ware back so they probably cancel each other out...

Users who are viewing this thread