What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

tommyGunZ said:
We got a thing in the mail offering 25% our first order through Google Express.  You apparently can get most things that Costco carries via Google Express with free overnight shipping.  Seems too good to be true, but I may give it a shot.
Wonder if this coupon works on Costco vacations?
Got this offer, too. It's only 25% off, up to $30 in savings. 

Got this offer, too. It's only 25% off, up to $30 in savings. 
So I used it. Worked great. I ordered $100 worth of stuff I would've bought on our list anyways. Ordered Thursday night and showed up this morning. 

You can get quite a bit of stuff, but nothing perishable like milk and eggs. 

i swung by costco this weekend and got a six pack of vcrs for eleven bucks i put them in some little angels easter baskets take that to the bank brohans 

Bought a couple racks of Australian lamb loin chops the other day. They weren't cheap, exactly, at $13-$15 each, but they were about half of what they cost at my local grocery store.

I cooked one of them the other night, along with a couple others I pulled from the freezer from a recent sale at Albertson's, for a big family birthday celebration. The other is in the fridge--my wife and I will have it soon when the kids aren't around.

The one from Costco had the most loin meat of the three that I cooked. 

So they aren't cheap, but they are a pretty good value.

Kirkland 4-piece golf balls just went in stock online about 60 minutes ago.  Limit 2 packs of 2 dozen per member.  First time available online since last year.  Buy now, don't ask questions.  They will be sold out shortly.  https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Four-Piece-Urethane-Cover-Golf-Ball%2c-2-dozen.product.100310467.html
I bought 4 dozen yesterday 10 minutes after your post and they'll be delivered via UPS by Friday afternoon.  Just enough time for me to lose a dozen this weekend  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went last Saturday and forthe first time in my life I tried "grilled octopus" as they were giving samples.  Most people turned up their noses as they walked by. It was kind of fishy tasting but it wasn't too bad. 

In The Zone said:
Went last Saturday and forthe first time in my life I tried "grilled octopus" as they were giving samples.  Most people turned up their noses as they walked by. It was kind of fishy tasting but it wasn't too bad. 
Grilled octopus shouldn't taste fishy at all.

In The Zone said:
Ive had grilled octopus at a restaurant. Tastes awesome. Kind of like chicken sausage and not fishy at all.

Octopi are extremely intelligent animals, really hate to hear that people are being encouraged to be eat them.  You want fish, eat fish.  You want chicken sausage, eat chicken sausage.

ETA

I know pigs are too but that horse is out of the barn.  Love all things from that magical animal but sometimes feel guilty about  it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Octopi are extremely intelligent animals, really hate to hear that people are being encouraged to be eat them.  You want fish, eat fish.  You want chicken sausage, eat chicken sausage.

ETA

I know pigs are too but that horse is out of the barn.  Love all things from that magical animal but sometimes feel guilty about  it.
This is a tough one for me. On the one hand, I really like octopus and it isn't currently endangered or even really threatened.

On the other hand, they are being over-fished and they are incredibly intelligent.

Hmm....

proninja said:
I find this to be the case with Costco meat regularly. It isn't usually massively cheaper, but it's way better than the cheap stuff elsewhere.
Yes. Costco's beef quality alone CRUSHES local grocery options (while being slightly to moderately cheaper)... and is generally on par with (or slighly better than) Whole Foods type stores while coming in at half the price or less. 

The only beef I will buy outside Costco are Flat Iron Steaks at Kroger when on sale for 5.99-6.99/lb. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Spaniards have been eating octopus ("pulpo") for hundreds of years. America doesn't come close Spain's consumption. 

Spaniards have been eating octopus ("pulpo") for hundreds of years. America doesn't come close Spain's consumption. 
High consumption in Japan and South Korea as well.

I got acquainted with it via Spanish cuisine, but have become a fan in general.

But Sheriff Bart brings up a good point and now I am a little conflicted.

No way I am going to stop eating pork though.

Yes. Costco's beef quality alone CRUSHES local grocery options (while being slightly to moderately cheaper)... and is generally on par with (or slighly better than) Whole Foods type stores while coming in at half the price or less. 

The only beef I will buy outside Costco are Flat Iron Steaks at Kroger when on sale for 5.99-6.99/lb. 
Their ribeye steaks are tremendous, even if they're $1-$2 more per pound than Kroger, Publix, etc. Very nice marbling and cut THICK.

We're having prime rib tomorrow night, then I'm shaving the leftover meat down for cheesesteaks on Saturday for 8 people. Leftover rare prime rib is :moneybag:  for cheesesteaks.
If I am buying a big primal cut, I usually go to Cash and Carry. It is a restaurant supply place that is open to the public. Can't beat their prices per pound, but you have to be willing to buy a BIG hunk of meat.

When I have bought a ribeye or NY roast in the past, it has been way bigger than I wanted, so I cut off some 2" thick steaks that I then vacuum sealed and put in the freezer for later consumption.

We got the coupon book in the mail the other day and I noticed a bunch of stuff we regularly buy on sale there.  I go over to Costco and get everything and didn't realize that the sale didn't start until a few days later. They said I could bring my receipt back and get credited for the difference.  That's some solid customer service right there.

We got the coupon book in the mail the other day and I noticed a bunch of stuff we regularly buy on sale there.  I go over to Costco and get everything and didn't realize that the sale didn't start until a few days later. They said I could bring my receipt back and get credited for the difference.  That's some solid customer service right there.
happened to me once. theres usually a 10 or so day gap between the sales. I don't mind bringing the receipt back for a credit as long as the line isn't out the door

The only place I could find that still has the 2016 Samsung 65" 8 Series SUHD TVs.  Nabbed one this weekend.

Other thing that is great is you don't even have to take the coupon book. They have one at the register that they'll scan in for you. This is in Virginia.

Other thing that is great is you don't even have to take the coupon book. They have one at the register that they'll scan in for you. This is in Virginia.
At the Michigan Costcos you do not need a coupon.  If you buy the products that are on sale you are automatically given the sale price without asking.

:goodposting: They have incredible service. Unfortunately some folks took advantage of their incredibly liberal return/exchange policies so they had to tighten them up a bit.. but they're still great. Most folks know by now, but if you buy a TV with 1yr warranty, they double it to 2.. then if you use their Visa they tack on a 3rd year no charge.  Lots of little things that make Costco/Amazon my favorite companies to buy from. 

So I took that prime rib and covered it in sea salt and cracked pepper, then found something called Prime Rib Rub in the spice rack that smelled great so I covered it in that, then two sticks of butter slathered on top. Went outside and cut a nice big stalk of rosemary, hacked it up and just piled all over the top. 275 for 2 hours, meat was 120. 550 for 10 minutes, rested 30 minutes, started slicing and it's the juiciest, most flavorful meat I've ever had, 100% gospel. I cannot believe how good this is. Pics will be forthcoming.

I purposely went a little under because the bulk of it is getting refrigerated, shaved and fried for sandwiches on Saturday. But the ends are juicy, perfect medium rare goodness. Wife's siblings are flying in tomorrow at 9AM so maybe I'll serve eggs & prime rib. ??

I've got to find out what that rub is.

Users who are viewing this thread