What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (3 Viewers)

My enjoyment while shopping is to line as many things as I can in the cart so the UPC code is facing up. 
That reminds me. I had to stop doing this over a year ago:

Your Costco has a self-checkout?? Mine does not, and the cashiers also recently started having me remove about half the items from cart and put them on the belt, even though I have everything perfectly placed with the bar codes up. They say it's a new policy, to make sure things aren't hidden. 

We also don't have gas, but there's a rumor that they acquired some connected real estate to add it.  
Well, well, well. Look who's the belle of the ball now when I roll up and the cashier doesn't have to duck down and contort around the cart to try and scan things to avoid having to touch anything. :bowtie:

My last visit (outside of Chicago) was a five minute wait in the snake line they created with skids, then easy shopping and checkout once inside.  My enjoyment while shopping is to line as many things as I can in the cart so the UPC code is facing up.  This time (only 5-6 items), it worked out perfect and I didn't have to put anything on the conveyor to be scanned.  Click, click, click, tap the Costco card, and out the door.
No payment app for your phone?

At Sams Club I scan everything with my phone as it goes in the cart, click “pay now” when I’m done and my receipt is emailed to me before I get to the door.

Its fantastic 

I walked into Costco last week(I go at least once a week) and was shocked to see people without masks. Costco has been the only store I've seen that have been strictly adhering to the cdcmask mandate. All stores have a sign that says masks are required, but isn't enforced. Just Costco. They are kind of the benchmark for me. That was the first real sign we are close to getting thru this mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

At Sams Club I scan everything with my phone as it goes in the cart, click “pay now” when I’m done and my receipt is emailed to me before I get to the door.

Its fantastic 
As superior as I've always found Costco, I cannot believe that Sam's has had this for so long and Costco doesn't.  It's a huge miss on their part and I don't understand it at all.

Its fantastic 
We use it all the time.  They check your cart a little longer if you use the app, but beats waiting in line. 

I walked into Costco last week(I go at least once a week) and was shocked to see people without masks. Costco has been the only store I've seen that have been strictly adhering to the cdcmask mandate. All stores have a sign that says masks are required, but isn't enforced. Just Costco. They are kind of the benchmark for me. That was the first real sign we are close to getting thru this mess.
Actually, as of roughly the day after the CDC's most recent announcement on vaccine efficacy findings (Tl;dr vaccines work), Costco's posted signs (ETA: in Chicago area) state that masks are no longer required for anyone vaccinated, and they will not be requiring proof.

So I'm sure a bunch of unvaccinated jackasses are going maskless now...but I'm fully vaxxed and have been for months so it's a super welcome change. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, as of roughly the day after the CDC's most recent announcement on vaccine efficacy findings (Tl;dr vaccines work), Costco's posted signs state that masks are no longer required for anyone vaccinated, and they will not be requiring proof.

So I'm sure a bunch of unvaccinated jackasses are going maskless now...but I'm fully vaxxed and have been for months so it's a super welcome change. 
At my Costco you had to show vax card at entrance to be able to go in without a mask.

Morton's beef pot roast is legit
Yep.

The Highliner Tortilla-crusted tilapia is a huge go-to here. Can’t imagine not having it a few times a week. I also like to get in early and buy a package of 8 chicken quarters cut from the unsold rotisserie the day before. 5 bucks, just throw one/two in the toaster oven and then finish with a quick broil and it’s an easy lunch. All great, easy, high-protein options.

Yep.

The Highliner Tortilla-crusted tilapia is a huge go-to here. Can’t imagine not having it a few times a week. I also like to get in early and buy a package of 8 chicken quarters cut from the unsold rotisserie the day before. 5 bucks, just throw one/two in the toaster oven and then finish with a quick broil and it’s an easy lunch. All great, easy, high-protein options.
Don’t know if you have a Traeger type grill but I made salmon for my wife and two HS sons (one in college) last night and they loved it. I’m not a fish guy but I’ll eat a little and the salad and something else. Simple as ####, zesty Italian and their blackened Saskatchewan seasoning. About 25 minutes and done. I buy the big filet at Costco and slice it across and you can get single portions. I use the vacuum sealer and the portions defrost in minutes under water. Anyway, just throwing it out there as a quick fish dish and with the vacuum sealing it’s like cooking fresh every time.

I do highly recommend the vacuum sealer. Makes it easier to grab fresh stuff in bulk and store it for later.

arrow1 said:
Any members who have used Costco travel?  Good/Bad?
We booked a trip to Vegas 4 years ago and thought we got a good deal. 4 nights @ The Cosmopolitan in a Wraparound Terrace Suite. I'm an Executive member and I got 2% back as well. We would use them again. 

arrow1 said:
Any members who have used Costco travel?  Good/Bad?
We used them for a trip to Cancun several years ago that had to be cancelled due to a hurricane destroying part of the hotel. Unbelievable as it may sound, the hotel wanted to charge us 1 night for cancelling with 72 hours. 
Costco refunded all of the money and helped us book a last minute trip to Sedona instead. 

We also used them to book a Disney Cruise. Even though the price was the same as going direct with Disney, Costco gave us a gift card for $500 to use in the store. 

We used them for a trip to Cancun several years ago that had to be cancelled due to a hurricane destroying part of the hotel. Unbelievable as it may sound, the hotel wanted to charge us 1 night for cancelling with 72 hours. 
Costco refunded all of the money and helped us book a last minute trip to Sedona instead. 

We also used them to book a Disney Cruise. Even though the price was the same as going direct with Disney, Costco gave us a gift card for $500 to use in the store. 
That sounds familiar - we definitely got a gift card and had all our transfers included

Chicago style popcorn, their organic tortilla chips (they just taste better than the regular strips), frontera barbacoa, San Fran dark roast coffee beans, Pre-cooked grilled chicken strips + their brown rice bowls for easy lunches, tortilla crusted tilapia, el sol salsa.

Manchego cheese, avocados, pistachios, toilet paper, sea salt Kettle chips, Ibuprofen, sleep aides, and beer.

Propel bottled water
UTZ Pub Mix
Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds
Kirkland Irish Cream
Kirkland Vodka
Kirkland Margarita
Kirkland Dog food
Kirkland hot dogs
Kirkland shredded cheese
Kirkland Bacon
Paper towels and toilet paper
5 dozen Eggs (only when local egg prices were crazy because that is a crap load of eggs to go through)
Gas

Got my Washer/Dryer combo there as well.

I should have bought my car battery there. I walked by the display and saw it was $50 cheaper than what I paid for the same Interstate battery.

Costco is awesome

I have mentioned it several times, IF you have a Costco along any of your normal drives (work, etc), the gas alone is worth the membership.

Everything else is just gravy.

My wife discovered Trident fish sticks there. Small frozen fish sticks. Less breading, more fish. When we need an easy dinner, a couple fish sticks in tortilla with slaw, white sauce, and salsa hits the spot just fine.

Heavy rotation - rarely get these anywhere else
  • Dog food & treats
  • TP & paper towels
  • Avocados (big and cheap!)
  • Chicken thighs
  • Cherry juice
  • Dave's Killer Bread :wub:
I wish it wasn't 30 minutes from my house or we'd probably do more shopping there. I tend to go about once every other week

Users who are viewing this thread