What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (3 Viewers)

I forgot about that little role and that's one of my favorite Scorcese films! He seemed like an actor that just liked to work. Always pretty reliable. I could watch him and see a flash of William Hurt in his acting.
John Hurt and John Heard have both died in 2017.

William Hurt should look both ways before crossing the street.

RIP. Not a fan of his brand of intense, hyperpersonal plays but he was a really committed theater guy and, unlike most-hated-NMicans Julia Roberts & Val Kilmer, he and Miss Lange did a good job of blending in & adding up when they moved out to Tesuque. Saw him around & @ parties a lot backinaday and he was always civil & funny.
I liked his mental and verbal gymnastical monologues and dialogue.

Will be sorry missed.

Frequent Cheers guest actor (Carla's husband Eddie LeBec), SiriusXM host, and David Letterman's Christmas football thrower Jay Thomas, aged 69 
My favorite Christmas television tradition was not It's a Wonderful Life or the Grinch or Frosty or even the SNL cast iceskating @ Rockefeller Center, but the last Letterman Show before the holiday break each year when Paul Shafer would do his imitation of Cher singing O Holy Night on the ol Sonny&Cher Show, Jay Thomas would come out and throw footballs at the meatball atop the Late Show Xmas tree and tell his Lone Ranger story and Darlene Love would wrap it up w her astonishing "Christmas Baby Please Come Home". RIP, citizen.

Word reaches me that THE nerd of music, John Abercrombie, died last week. Y'all for whom music began with the Pixies or whatever and are happy with "this is who i am and that's enough" music, take some time and listen to a guy who spent 60 years thrilled for each opportunity to NEVER get it exactly right. RIP, servant of the spheres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobe Hooper on 8/26 - 74 years old ... the absolute genius behind "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

i've seen it dozens of times, but, man, seeing Pam dropped on that meat hook still sends a chill! 

gotdamn was that such a terrifying and well crafted flick.  nothing else compares.  it is the gold standard, imo  :thumbup:

im'ma go stop off for some BBQ in tribute "yeah, gimme a toe or two up in that ... to go"

Tobe Hooper on 8/26 - 74 years old ... the absolute genius behind "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

i've seen it dozens of times, but, man, seeing Pam dropped on that meat hook still sends a chill! 

gotdamn was that such a terrifying and well crafted flick.  nothing else compares.  it is the gold standard, imo  :thumbup:

im'ma go stop off for some BBQ in tribute "yeah, gimme a toe or two up in that ... to go"
didn't George Romero just die, too? jeez, not to make light but, if i was John Carpenter, i'd be hiding in Jamie Lee Curtis's closet with a kitchen knife

didn't George Romero just die, too? jeez, not to make light but, if i was John Carpenter, i'd be hiding in Jamie Lee Curtis's closet with a kitchen knife
Dario Argento is also still kickin' - ooohhh man -  Suspiria -

btw, i thought all those rumors about JLC being a closet were dispelled, no?

My favorite Christmas television tradition was not It's a Wonderful Life or the Grinch or Frosty or even the SNL cast iceskating @ Rockefeller Center, but the last Letterman Show before the holiday break each year when Paul Shafer would do his imitation of Cher singing O Holy Night on the ol Sonny&Cher Show, Jay Thomas would come out and throw footballs at the meatball atop the Late Show Xmas tree and tell his Lone Ranger story and Darlene Love would wrap it up w her astonishing "Christmas Baby Please Come Home". RIP, citizen.
:lmao: Thanks for posting that

Frequent Cheers guest actor (Carla's husband Eddie LeBec), SiriusXM host, and David Letterman's Christmas football thrower Jay Thomas, aged 69 
Wow, didn't even hear about this. I listened to his radio show a few times on Sirius over the past few years and he was really funny. Loved the Letterman Christmas tree bit every year. I thought he was a bit younger. RIP :banned:

They can't rebuild him. :(   Used to watch the bionic man and woman. RIP.
Bionic man and woman were stalwarts of my youth.  They've been sadly forgotten, other than the awesome "bionic noise" thingy that lives on.

I'd love to watch a few episodes out of the moth balls.

Bionic man and woman were stalwarts of my youth.  They've been sadly forgotten, other than the awesome "bionic noise" thingy that lives on.

Mine too. I used to pretend I was the bionic woman. Drove my fam nuts. They do bring these shows from time to time on the classic tv channels though it's usually late at night. Back in the 70's we saw all this bionic stuff as fiction but with medical advances, it's no long seen that way. Robotic arms, legs. Great prosthetics compared to what we had before. I love watching these old shows and seeing how far technology has come.

Mine too. I used to pretend I was the bionic woman. Drove my fam nuts. They do bring these shows from time to time on the classic tv channels though it's usually late at night. Back in the 70's we saw all this bionic stuff as fiction but with medical advances, it's no long seen that way. Robotic arms, legs. Great prosthetics compared to what we had before. I love watching these old shows and seeing how far technology has come.
I recall playing as a kid, doing the "che-che-che-che-che-che-che-che" bionic sound as we role played #### in slow motion.  

Back in the days where you could wander around unsupervised until just past dusk without any parents getting arrested.

I recall playing as a kid, doing the "che-che-che-che-che-che-che-che" bionic sound as we role played #### in slow motion.  

Back in the days where you could wander around unsupervised until just past dusk without any parents getting arrested.
Haha! I made that sound too. I also gave myself a bionic eye- hehe. Once I outgrew that phase enter my bro with The Incredible Hulk. Now that drove us nuts. He'd food colour himself green and rip his shirts making that noise of his. Needless to say, mom was less than pleased..

I bet today's parents would rather have the good old days of pretend play than these days with social media and other problems technology brings.

Wow, didn't even hear about this. I listened to his radio show a few times on Sirius over the past few years and he was really funny. Loved the Letterman Christmas tree bit every year. I thought he was a bit younger. RIP :banned:
Didn't realize it myself until I saw the "re-release" of his ep on the Gilbert gottfried podcast in my queue today.  Never really got into his show, but enjoyed him as a guest on stern.

They can't rebuild him. :(   Used to watch the bionic man and woman. RIP.

these were 1970s dollars folks... steve was only worth 6 million. lindsay otoh- she was a cool billion.

Frank Vincent

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/13/frank-vincent-dead-78/

Frank Vincent -- veteran actor known for his roles on "The Sopranos" and several Martin Scorsese films -- died in a New Jersey hospital Wednesday ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Vincent suffered a heart attack last week, and underwent open heart surgery Wednesday. He died during the surgery. 

Frank was one of the most recognizable character actors -- in the biz for 41 years -- known for his tough guy roles ... especially in mafia movies. Some of his most memorable include Billy Batts in "Goodfellas" and Phil Leotardo -- Tony's nemesis -- in "The Sopranos."

Frank Vincent

Frank Vincent -- veteran actor known for his roles on "The Sopranos" and several Martin Scorsese films -- died in a New Jersey hospital Wednesday ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Vincent suffered a heart attack last week, and underwent open heart surgery Wednesday. He died during the surgery. 

Frank was one of the most recognizable character actors -- in the biz for 41 years -- known for his tough guy roles ... especially in mafia movies. Some of his most memorable include Billy Batts in "Goodfellas" and Phil Leotardo -- Tony's nemesis -- in "The Sopranos."
Hard to believe he's gone. I prefer to think of him as being in God's trunk. RIP -

Frank Vincent

@Billy Bats 

Grant Hart, drummer and co-founder of Husker Du. Not as famous as Bob Mould, but helped make some of my favorite music ever
My first getaway date with my Mary more than 30 yrs ago now involved going down to the Fillmore to see Camper van Beethoven, Faith No More & her gods, Husker Du. She laughed when i treated the mosh like a hockey game and hip-checked several tweekgeeks into the tables and loved that i let her accept a backstage call (they should have - she was 6'4" in her spikes and had spent three hours putting herself together in the hotel room and cried with joy, ruining her 14 lbs of mascara, when i told her she looked like "the maitresse d' at the Gates of Hell" when she came out of the bathroom. She came back to the Kabuki within a couple of *nervous* hours and thanked me by showing me a wild night on the town (she'd been a Union Sq callgirl as a kid) and told me years later she already knew Mould was gay so we'd be safe and loved that i could be angry and tolerant. If you're anywhere near downtown Hell, Grant, stop by see my gal - she might be workin' the desk. RIP -

Users who are viewing this thread