What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (5 Viewers)

Frank Costanza : Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?

George Costanza : Why don't we talk about it another time.

Frank Costanza : But you see my point here? You only hear of a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Something's missing!

Mrs. Ross : Something's missing all right.

Mr. Ross : They're all chickens. The rooster has sex with all of them.

Frank Costanza : That's perverse.

Someone made the observation that Stiller seemed old for decades. To me, Willard was the opposite. Always seemed youthful, like he was born in his late 40s and stayed there for decades. Makes sense he was 86, but at the same time it didn’t. Always loved his work. Such a natural good vibe.
TIL he was married once. For fifty years. That’s crazy, man.

Best in show dude was the epitome of a scene stealer.

I like to tell the young'ns in my league about the days when there was only one pregame show on Sundays, and that show did not even start until half an hour before the first kickoff. 

Brent Musberger, Irv Cross and Phyllis George were a big part of my first watching of football. 
Don’t forget Jimmy “The Greek”!

I like to tell the young'ns in my league about the days when there was only one pregame show on Sundays, and that show did not even start until half an hour before the first kickoff. 

Brent Musberger, Irv Cross and Phyllis George were a big part of my first watching of football. 
Phyllis George is a reminder of the days when being Miss America was a golden ticket for young women.

wikkidpissah said:
no Maynard G Krebs OR Eddie Haskell?!?!?! the HAL2020 has cut me adrift into the void. RIP -
Wait, did Gilligan just die this year?

Eddie Haskel is gone. I grew up watching re-runs of Leave It To Beaver. Absolutely loved that show. Parts of my childhood are dying off left and right. 

He always cracked me up and was a scene stealer on that show. 

Also....losing Willard. He was hilarious. And Best In Show is one of my all-time favorite comedies ever.

wikkidpissah said:
*insert pearl necklace joke here*
Eddie Haskell meets June Cleaver in the afterlife

Hi ya, Mrs Cleaver. Now that we're at the end of it all, I want to be honest and say that I'm done with the prim and proper s***. Now, get over here and let me have the real beaver

Renée French

Coffee and Cigarettes

Haven’t seen this confirmed but Jim Jarmusch announced her passing on IG. As far as I can tell, she’s not a working actor; other credits include Malcolm X and Nowhere Fast. Not even a public figure, really.

But she was perfect in that scene. Just the right color, right temperature, it was just right.

RIP Jerry Sloan. Great coach.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/us/jerry-sloan-dead-spt-trnd/index.html

"Sloan died on Friday morning due to complications from Parkinson's disease and Lewy body dementia, according to a statement from the Utah Jazz."

Brutal. 😥
As a Seattle Sonic's fan that moved to Salt Lake City in 1993 just as the Payton/Kemp--Stockton/Malone Western conference rivalry was beginning, I did not like Jerry Sloan (or anything Utah Jazz related).  I loved to hate them all.

But I grew to appreciate how great a coach he was and, living here still, learned even more about him after he retired.  Very sad to hear of his passing especially of such a terrible disease.

This appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune yesterday.  Just a hint of his witty sense of humor.  RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread