What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (9 Viewers)

Last surviving member of Molly Hatchet passed away.

Guitarist Steve Holland, who rose to fame with Southern rockers Molly Hatchet, has reportedly died.

The news was shared via social media by Gator Country, the band Holland formed in 2005 with fellow ex-Molly Hatchet members Jimmy Farrar, Duane Roland and Bruce Crump. Holland's age and cause of death were not revealed. His recent health battles have been regularly chronicled on the group's Facebook page.

Read More: Molly Hatchet Guitarist Steve Holland Dies | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-holland-molly-hatchet-dies/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

The Dreaded Marco said:
It's hard to believe he was only 50 when he made Cocoon.  R.I.P.
That is astounding when you think about it. Makes me feel young.
I was listening to Dan Patrick last week, and they mentioned that Matthew McConaughey was the same age to the day that Mr. Brimley was when he did Cocoon.

RIP.

Quint said:
Ralph Barbieri - aka The Razor - Bay Area sports talk legend died today at 74 due to complications from Parkinson’s. 

RIP Ralph, and “Go Sharks!” 
Wrestling twitter freaked out because they saw #RIPRazor and thought Razor Ramon had passed away.

Vern Rumsey, bass player for 90s punk band Unwound died at age 47. 
I did a search and clicked on a link from the the UK Post - who thinks I need to hear a full, non-skippable 30 second message from the state of Arkansas about the Corona virus in Spanish  - if I want to listen to what I clicked on it for ...

Ex-Yankee 2B Horrible Horace Clarke - 81.  The face of the late 60's-early 70's Yankee teams.  He did break up 3 no-hitters in the 9th inning.

Trini Lopez had a role in "The Dirty Dozen." Halfway through the film, he demanded -- supposedly on the advice of Frank Sinatra -- that the script be rewritten to give him a bigger role, or else he was going to walk off the set.

Well, the script was re-written, alright......with Lopez's character being immediately killed off!

RIP Martin Birch  - hopefully he died with his boots on.

Iron Maiden albums produced by Martin Birch:

1981 – Killers

1982 – The Number of the Beast

1983 – Piece of Mind

1984 – Powerslave

1985 – Live After Death

1986 – Somewhere in Time

1988 – Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

1990 – No Prayer for the Dying

1992 – Fear of the Dark

1994 – Maiden England '88

Actress Linda Manz died at age 58.  She was unforgettable as the teenage narrator of Terence Malick's Days of Heaven.  She only made a few movies before retreating from public life, raising a family and living in a trailer park.

Actress Linda Manz died at age 58.  She was unforgettable as the teenage narrator of Terence Malick's Days of Heaven.  She only made a few movies before retreating from public life, raising a family and living in a trailer park.
I read that the film wasn't even supposed to have a narrator, but Malick decided in post-production to have Manz come in to the editing room and basically do a stream-of-consciousness narration, almost like a DVD commentary but 25 years before such things existed.

And that's what made the film.

RIP Sir Kenneth Robinson (4 March 1950 – 21 August 2020)[1] was a British author, speaker and international advisor on education in the arts to government, non-profits, education and arts bodies. He was Director of the Arts in Schools Project (1985–89) and Professor of Arts Education at the University of Warwick (1989–2001), and was later[when?] Professor Emeritus at the same institution. In 2003 he was knighted for services to the arts.

Users who are viewing this thread