Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

22 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Rose Marie RIP: http://variety.com/2017/tv/people-news/rose-marie-dead-dies-dick-van-dyke-show-1202649747/

Funny woman with a voice formed by one hundred thousand unfiltered cigarettes.

Rob and Alan Brady still holding the fort down. 

I had been following her on Twitter for the last six months. She was genuine and appreciative of her fans. It was sweet. I was looking forward to seeing her documentary actually and seeing her tell her story. She had a great life and career. It was great to see a bit of recognition that late in her life. 

7 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

Was that the head vampire guy in the Lost Boys?

No - probably best known for his role on Coach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

No - probably best known for his role on Coach.

The dad from Poltergeist?

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

Yes

Sad. Loved him on Third Rock.

58 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

RIP John Young, 9th man to walk on the moon. 

There are only 5 living moonwalkers left now. The youngest is 82.

Big Buzz fan.

Young was a badass. And funny as hell. Dude snuck a corned beef sandwich onto Gemini. As big a legend as there ever was at NASA.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Big Buzz fan.

Young was a badass. And funny as hell. Dude snuck a corned beef sandwich onto Gemini. As big a legend as there ever was at NASA.

that's pretty awesome

1 hour ago, Apple Jack said:

Big Buzz fan.

NASA transcript  Scroll to 01 52 26

From this article...

Certain members of Congress, though, were incensed at the thought that Young had ignored all of his very expensive space food in favor of deli take-out, and ended up setting an appropriations committee meeting to question NASA administrator George Mueller about the event. Thus, the immortal congressional line: “We have taken steps…to prevent recurrence of corned beef sandwiches in future flights.”

5 hours ago, McJose said:

The dad from Poltergeist?

No. The head coach on Coach was Craig T. Nelson, the dad from Poltergeist. Jerry Van Dyke was assistant coach Luther Van Dam and not in Poltergeist. 

Just now, James Bond said:

No. The head coach on Coach was Craig T. Nelson, the dad from Poltergeist. Jerry Van Dyke was assistant coach Luther Van Dam and not in Poltergeist. 

The big, dumb blond guy?  Sad.

We just mentioned him yesterday because my wife saw Lou Holtz talking about the playoffs and she knows him as Dick Van Dyks brotyher

1 hour ago, McJose said:

Not Dauber...I'll assume you are doing this intentionally?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Not Dauber...I'll assume you are doing this intentionally?

wat

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, McJose said:

No that is the guy who voices Patrick Star. Residence: 120 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:03 PM, McJose said:

M-O-O-N, that spells Jerry Van Dyke.

Just now, Gawain said:

M-O-O-N, that spells Jerry Van Dyke.

Bill Cullen died years ago, friend.

On 1/6/2018 at 5:26 PM, Walking Boot said:

RIP John Young, 9th man to walk on the moon. 

There are only 5 living moonwalkers left now. The youngest is 82.

:MikeJacksonScreech:

3 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Whoa, Nellie.

Keith Jackson gone.

:(

Damn

Hate that. Jackson was far and away my all time favorite announcer. Not even close for me. 

• Like 2

Just now, flapgreen said:

Hate that. Jackson was far and away my all time favorite announcer. Not even close for me. 

For college football specifically, there’s no doubt that he is my number one. RIP Mr. Jackson :(

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Whoa, Nellie.

Keith Jackson gone.

:(

:cry:

5 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

For college football specifically, there’s no doubt that he is my number one. RIP Mr. Jackson :(

He made you feel like a part of the game.

Just now, flapgreen said:

He made you feel like a part of the game.

“When the Wolverines run out of the tunnel, you’ll hear a roar that would shake the pine cones out of trees 50 miles away”

• Like 5

On 12/29/2017 at 10:14 AM, wikkidpissah said:

almost as big a child star as Shirley Temple in her day, which made the smokevoice all that more resonant(?). RIP, funny gal......

I followed her on Twitter.  A documentary about her life came out late last year.  Going to make a point to see it.  Showbiz legend who spanned eras. 

• Like 1

I worked the door of a place in NYC in the early-mid 90's. Me and the 4-5 other guys working would have to stand out there for 8 hours so to pass the time we did this thing where if someone walking by looked even remotely like someone famous we'd say, "hey look, it's David Lee Roth" or "oh, there's Morgan freeman" or whoever the person kind of looked like. Funny game to get through the shift. So one day we're standing out there and one of the guys says "hey, it's Keith Jackson". We look over at the guy, he says "Hello boys" and comes walking over. It was Keith Jackson! Out for a stroll with his wife. Stands there and shoots the #### with us for 5-10 minutes. Most unassuming guy ever. We just stood there in awe listening to that voice as he asked us questions about the city. I'll never forget that. RIP Keith. The best.

• Like 26

1 hour ago, Nipsey said:

I worked the door of a place in NYC in the early-mid 90's. Me and the 4-5 other guys working would have to stand out there for 8 hours so to pass the time we did this thing where if someone walking by looked even remotely like someone famous we'd say, "hey look, it's David Lee Roth" or "oh, there's Morgan freeman" or whoever the person kind of looked like. Funny game to get through the shift. So one day we're standing out there and one of the guys says "hey, it's Keith Jackson". We look over at the guy, he says "Hello boys" and comes walking over. It was Keith Jackson! Out for a stroll with his wife. Stands there and shoots the #### with us for 5-10 minutes. Most unassuming guy ever. We just stood there in awe listening to that voice as he asked us questions about the city. I'll never forget that. RIP Keith. The best.

Awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nipsey said:

Incidentally @Nipsey

I was eating at a hole in the wall Mexican place last week and they had a TV playing whatever the channel is from Mexico. All Mexico soccer highlights etc.

I look up in the middle of my meal and a soap opera had started and your avatar in that hat same, same expression was on it. No idea what he was doing but he was the big star of the episode.

For some reason I always thought it was a picture of an old John Holmes :lol:

5 minutes ago, The General said:

Incidentally @Nipsey

I was eating at a hole in the wall Mexican place last week and they had a TV playing whatever the channel is from Mexico. All Mexico soccer highlights etc.

I look up in the middle of my meal and a soap opera had started and your avatar in that hat same, same expression was on it. No idea what he was doing but he was the big star of the episode.

For some reason I always thought it was a picture of an old John Holmes :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramón_Valdés

greatest football play by play voice ever - back as a kid, the regular season NCAA games were solely on Channel 7 (ABC) up this way... and you just knew it was Saturday afternoon in the fall when you heard that voice - he didn't sound like anyone from 'round here, and he just had such a smooth, yet commanding, delivery.  i'm sure some of his shtick was rehearsed, but, man, it was wrapped in such a perfectly convivial cadence. 

Saturdays belonginged to Jackson and channel 7 as much as Sundays belonged to channel 4 and Gowdy/Deragotis and channel 2 to Summeral/Brookshire.  even though college ball was never really as big to us up here as it was to the rest of the country, he was.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

greatest football play by play voice ever - back as a kid, the regular season NCAA games were solely on Channel 7 (ABC) up this way... and you just knew it was Saturday afternoon in the fall when you heard that voice - he didn't sound like anyone from 'round here, and he just had such a smooth, yet commanding, delivery.  i'm sure some of his shtick was rehearsed, but, man, it was wrapped in such a perfectly convivial cadence. 

Saturdays belonginged to Jackson and channel 7 as much as Sundays belonged to channel 4 and Gowdy/Deragotis and channel 2 to Summeral/Brookshire.  even though college ball was never really as big to us up here as it was to the rest of the country, he was.  

Different channels. but the same voices were a significant part of my youth.

Loved Keith Jackson...painted the scene so well...liv d his calls of the Rose Bowl.

• Like 2

TIL “The Granddaddy of them of all” (Rose Bowl) and “The Big House” (Michigan Stadium) are nicknames that originated with Keith Jackson.

RIP - by far my favorite NCAA football play by play announcer.

• Like 3

I never followed CFB - didn't go to college, Saturday was horse-racing day & it's a stoopit sport - but the clarion of Keith Jackson's voice made any fall day crisp. RIP -

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Forever the voice of college football in my mind...RIP

And a fine TE at that. 

:coffee: 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 4:16 PM, BobbyLayne said:

TIL “The Granddaddy of them of all” (Rose Bowl) and “The Big House” (Michigan Stadium) are nicknames that originated with Keith Jackson.

RIP - by far my favorite NCAA football play by play announcer.

Sorry Mrs. Jackson...

Edited by PIK95

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, Koya said:

And a fine TE at that. 

:coffee: 

You're thinking of Keith Jackson.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You're thinking of Keith Jackson.

(i know)