What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BREAKING - JOSH NORMAN FREE AGENT (1 Viewer)

Why not make him stay this coming season?!?!
No clue, not happy about it, but from everything I saw, seemed like he was absolutely going to hold out. I guess they figured get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2017 instead of 2018 and use the $14M cap space for Short, Star and/or Ealy? We'll be drafting multiple corners now.

Maybe let him test the water and if no biters at $16M per season for 4-5 years, maybe he'll sign with us for a more reasonable contract? Remember he's going to turn 29 in the season. As long as Darelle Revis has been around with different teams and multiple FA deals, Revis is only 2 years older than Norman. Talib is on his 2nd FA deal and Talib is only 1 year older than Norman.

Raiders could be a good fit. Still have room to upgrade the secondary and still have cap space. 

I think the Panthers saw they were not going to get a deal done and didn't want the hold out route so let him go and focus on the team you have while getting a high compensatory pick next year. Not a fantasy football move but a good NFL move.

Maybe he and Odell Beckham can be teammates now.  They could share bunkbeds in mini-camp.
These things gets pushed to the side when you put on the same uniform.  Both are Warriors and will respect each other in the long run. 

Rodman won 3 championships with the Bulls after being the villain with Detroit. 

Barring other moves to free up cap space (extensions, pay cuts, converting bonuses, player releases, trades, removing franchise tags, etc.), all of the following teams are likely out of the running as they each have $12 million or less in cap space for the upcoming season:

SDC, LAR, BAL, WAS, HOU, GBP, PHI, MIN, OAK, DEN, ATL, DAL, KCC, BUF, NEP, SEA, ARI, PIT, NOS, NYJ. That's almost two thirds of the league.

Heard he was looking for 16 mil and wasn't interested in a long term deal at 12 mil.
Agent in his ear I'm sure. An agent has a better pulse on value than I do, but I dont see him at 16m for more than 2 maybe 3 years.  Even three is hard to swallow at 48m.....

but again if an agent is whispering in his ear that 48m is a possibility, I cant see a client getting excited over 14m.

Just listen to a local radio interview.  Panthers were offering 12 mil for 3-4 year.  Norman wanted 16 mil for multiple years.  He was talking about skipping training camp.

Agent in his ear I'm sure. An agent has a better pulse on value than I do, but I dont see him at 16m for more than 2 maybe 3 years.  Even three is hard to swallow at 48m.....

but again if an agent is whispering in his ear that 48m is a possibility, I cant see a client getting excited over 14m.
Good thing for him is that there are a few teams that have money they have to spend to meet cap mins.

only a hand full of teams can even pay his price, who are they, anyone have the short list?
I posted those that probably could swing it a few posts ago. The teams with $15 million of remaining cap room are currently JAX, SFO, CLE, TEN, NYG, CHI, CAR, IND, DET, MIA, CIN, and TBB. But we already know CAR isn't interested.

I posted those that probably could swing it a few posts ago. The teams with $15 million of remaining cap room are currently JAX, SFO, CLE, TEN, NYG, CHI, CAR, IND, DET, MIA, CIN, and TBB. But we already know CAR isn't interested.
Carolina is interested at 12 million a year.

For comparison . . .

Sherman
5 years, $58.8 million, $40 million guaranteed

Revis
5 years, $70 million, $39 million guaranteed

Peterson
7 years, $83 million, $48 million guaranteed

I don't see Chicago in the running as a Bears fan. 

No, he hadn't signed the franchise tender.
I know, but I thought the way it would usually work (if this wasn't so rare in the first place) is that they work out a trade, let the other team negotiate a long term deal with him, he then signs the tender and the deal gets done.

Users who are viewing this thread