Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pghrob

Dynasty Watch - Tyler Higbee, Tight End, L.A. Rams

On 6/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, Faust said:

Higbee maintains pass-catching upside, but the fact that Everett was handpicked by new coach Sean McVay on Day 2 of the draft bodes poorly.

Higbee has really outperformed Everett. Why is ex-TEs coach McVay so out of it on this? 

1 minute ago, Efritch4 said:

Are people trusting Higbee tonight with Everett back?

No, only because I have Waller. I’m not sure what to expect from Higbee with Everett back

15 minutes ago, G-King said:

No, only because I have Waller. I’m not sure what to expect from Higbee with Everett back

I have Henry as my other option.

2 minutes ago, Efritch4 said:

I have Henry as my other option.

Same boat, leaning Henry here. Hopefully they remember he can catch before the second half starts.

Edited by IdiotSavant
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Efritch4 said:

Are people trusting Higbee tonight with Everett back?

I'm out.

It's not that I don't trust Higbee...it's that I don't trust McVay after seeing how he got cute with Gurley's usage earlier in the year.

Plus the SF matchup and on top of that who knows how bad Goff's thumb/finger is hurt.

• Like 1

I had both Higbee and Everett but dropped Everett to pick up Mike Boone this week and I am starting OJ Howard over Higbee.  I don't like the Rams matchup this week, Goff's sore thumb, and there are a lot of mouthes to feed especially if both TEs play.

Long term, I think Higbee has earned a starting gig given how consistent he has been both catching and blocking although Everett may have a higher ceiling as a receiver.

Guy has 3 straight 20 plus point games. I understand Everett and all, but he’s been rolling, plus everyone hates him this week so there’s that. 

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 1

Does the weather concern anyone. I know it’s rainy. Can anyone say how bad it is. I’d bench him because of the weather.

Edited by Nero

Just saw it looks pretty clear.  I'm playing Higbee.  Original plan was to stream Hollister, but Higbee has earned my trust.

Really hate Everett being back couldn't sit out 1 more game..........Higbee has done all his damage against 3 teams that are terrible vs the TE.

SF is one of the best vs TE's so this makes me very nervous.  I have to decide between Mostert, Higbee or Hollister for 1 spot in a 1.5 TE PPR.

Wanted to go with Higbee but the combo of Everett back and the tough passing DF makes me lean Mostert as he is now the lead back and Rams have been getting shredded by backs but with Shanny there it also makes me nervous if Mostert fumbles once he could be done.

Hollister with a dream match up but Luke Willson is back and Hollister hasn't done much lately.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG my head has been spinning all week on this decision.

Looks like I made a mistake going Mostert over Hibgee........didn't see Everett and Higbee was out there every play I think.  20 yard catch too.

Charch with the "Mostert is an A Grade....Higbee a C grade"

Thanks

Jesus, you play like eight million teams, per self-declaration, and all you do is whine about experts on the boards. 

Mostert, touch. 

There ya go.  

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Jesus, you play like eight million teams, per self-declaration, and all you do is whine about experts on the boards. 

Mostert, touch. 

There ya go.  

113 to be exact but dynasty leagues mean a lot more to me than National redraft leagues unless I have a shot at the 250K.

Even though most of my 9 dynasty leagues pay very little they mean everything to me I live and die with them so ya I am emotional put a lot into this game and still I made a terrible decision Higbee is going ham.  I wish I had known Everett wasn't even going to play.

Great, he’s hurt. Made the bold call, was paying off in spades, and he hurt his hand.

FML, Watson already bent me over. Just not my week :kicksrock:

6 minutes ago, Dez said:

113 to be exact but dynasty leagues mean a lot more to me than National redraft leagues unless I have a shot at the 250K.

Even though most of my 9 dynasty leagues pay very little they mean everything to me I live and die with them so ya I am emotional put a lot into this game and still I made a terrible decision Higbee is going ham.  I wish I had known Everett wasn't even going to play.

113? Geez Dez. Make some time for the kids (I kid). Word, I'm cheering and watching for Mostert for ya. I got no skin in the game. 

Edited by rockaction

Looked like he really hurt his hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is done for the night.

He’s playing, just hoping he isn’t playing decoy.

37 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

So what to make of higbee after this season.  He is a free agent, everett one more year.

Higbee appears to be the better player...

I thought Higbee re-upped this past off-season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

I thought Higbee re-upped this past off-season.

They did...

A day after locking up franchise quarterback Jared Goff to a $134 million megadeal, Los Angeles announced it has signed tight end Tyler Higbee to a four-year extension that will take him through the 2023 season.

The fourth-year tight end is now set to earn $31.025 million in base pay with a max value of more than $36 million and a guarantee of $15.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

So after the strong finish to the year where is he in the TE ranks for next year?

Tyler Higbee caught 9-of-11 targets for 104 yards in the Rams' Week 16 loss to the 49ers.

Higbee totaled 212 yards in Weeks 1 through 12 but has since posted four-straight 100-yard games. Tonight's was especially incredible because former starter TE Gerald Everett was healthy and active. Higbee has flashed a ton of playmaking ability and can even get his hands dirty as an occasional run-blocker, so expect the Rams to use Higbee as the No. 1 tight end with Everett sliding into two-TE sets to close out the season. Higbee has a shot for his fifth-straight triple-digit game against the "flowchart" Arizona Cardinals' defense.

Edited by The Frankman

2 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Totally screwed up benching him

You're not the only one. Fear it's gonna cost me my championship. 

8 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Totally screwed up benching him

Same. Yesterday was not good for my lineup setting record.

<————— did not bench the guy coming off 3 straight 100 yard games, and the fact that everyone hated him clinched it for me.

Perriman and Higbee helped me out from the Watson disaster. Still an underdog after he completely shafted me, but if all my guys play like those 2 and I can get a few TDs, I’m still play.

10 hours ago, Denver724 said:

They did...

A day after locking up franchise quarterback Jared Goff to a $134 million megadeal, Los Angeles announced it has signed tight end Tyler Higbee to a four-year extension that will take him through the 2023 season.

The fourth-year tight end is now set to earn $31.025 million in base pay with a max value of more than $36 million and a guarantee of $15.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources.

Ok good.  I had looked at rotoworld and it shows he was a free agent.  Guess they just haven't updated it yet.  

27 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

just curious as to why the benching? The return of Everett? or the matchup? 

Return of Everett for me mostly, and the matchup played into it a little. I should have know better. 

As fate has it sure was the difference.  Lost 264-257.  Higbee had 12 more pts.

10 hours ago, BearsFan4Life said:

Dynasty wise... do you drop Everett and keep Higbee? I need to dump one.

Yes

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 7:49 PM, dkp993 said:

So after the strong finish to the year where is he in the TE ranks for next year?

I would put him right around TE7 next year--just below Kittle and Hooper.  It just seems like he has locked down this starting role and he has been very consistent since doing so.  Goff needs him and has a good connection with him.

Over the past four weeks he has average 21.2 points/game in ppr.

• Like 1

Yeah I think he's here to stay in this offense. Everett looked promising for a minute, but he never saw the volume or racked up the yardage that Higbee has. The connection between Goff and Higbee seems very strong. Obviously Higbee won't see ~10 targets weekly over the course of an entire season, but I think he has a legitimate chance at 1,000 yards in 2020. 

I have painstakingly verified that 0 of 23 sampled owners believed what they saw Higbee do.  

I also saw him go in the range of the 2020 1.11 in two two copy startup leagues (so four times).  This is around the price that was mocked by the 23 owners. 

Seems like a polarizing player. 

I’m going hard after Higbee. I just acquired Andrews and looked to build on my goal to stock my team with players who can carry value longer than running backs who have strong value during their rookie contracts.

Tex