What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyler Higbee, LAR (1 Viewer)

Tyler Higbee caught 8-of-8 targets for 73 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.​

Higbee was the surprising leader in the Rams' clubhouse with John Wolford under center. The veteran tight end hauled in all eight of his targets on the afternoon, with his longest catch coming on a screen pass that he took 25-yards upfield. Sunday's game against the Cardinals marked the fourth time in which Higbee has gone for 60+ yards on the season, and was the first time he's surpassed that mark since Week 4 against the 49ers. With a ceiling as high as his floor is low, Higbee is hard to trust as anything more than a high-end TE2 in Week 11 against the Saints.
Nov 13, 2022, 9:02 PM ET
With Kupp's injury I have to think his floor may go up a bit the next few weeks.
Bumping this up given the possible extended absence of Kupp at he start of this season in 2023. Thinking he could offer some really good value first quarter of season.

Tyler Higbee caught 8-of-8 targets for 73 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.​

Higbee was the surprising leader in the Rams' clubhouse with John Wolford under center. The veteran tight end hauled in all eight of his targets on the afternoon, with his longest catch coming on a screen pass that he took 25-yards upfield. Sunday's game against the Cardinals marked the fourth time in which Higbee has gone for 60+ yards on the season, and was the first time he's surpassed that mark since Week 4 against the 49ers. With a ceiling as high as his floor is low, Higbee is hard to trust as anything more than a high-end TE2 in Week 11 against the Saints.
Nov 13, 2022, 9:02 PM ET
With Kupp's injury I have to think his floor may go up a bit the next few weeks.
Bumping this up given the possible extended absence of Kupp at he start of this season in 2023. Thinking he could offer some really good value first quarter of season.
I whiffed on TE in my auction draft and only got Schultz, so definitely looking at starting Higbee this week. He should be their target leader.

Tyler Higbee caught all three of his targets for 49 yards in the Rams’ Week 1 win over the Seahawks.

Puka Nacua and Tutu Atwell combined for 23 targets, leaving few opportunities to go around for the rest of the LA pass-catchers. Higbee still dominated the tight end snaps for the offense, he just couldn’t earn targets with both of the young receivers getting open at will. Higbee looks like a low-ceiling TE2 heading into his Week 2 matchup with the 49ers.

- Rotoworld

CJ Gardner-Johnson:

if anybody on the Rams feel like it was dirty, well tell his quarterback don't put the ball in a place where his player is gonna get hurt. You hear Brady say it all the time. Man, Kerby is a ball player, Kerby been doing it since before I got here. Like I said - if the quarterback don't want their players get hurt or messed up, then don't put it where our safety is gonna make a play.

https://x.com/riger1984/status/1746768020142198906?s=20

CJ Gardner-Johnson:

if anybody on the Rams feel like it was dirty, well tell his quarterback don't put the ball in a place where his player is gonna get hurt. You hear Brady say it all the time. Man, Kerby is a ball player, Kerby been doing it since before I got here. Like I said - if the quarterback don't want their players get hurt or messed up, then don't put it where our safety is gonna make a play.

https://x.com/riger1984/status/1746768020142198906?s=20
Seems like a stupid thing to say

Ian Rapoport
#Rams TE Tyler Higbee did, in fact, tear his ACL after that brutal low hit by #Lions safety Kerby Joseph, source said after the MRI. He faces a challenge to be ready for the start of next season. Joseph wrote on social media: “I don’t have no intention to hurt no body and or harm their career.” But that type of play has led to numerous knee injuries.
Bummer

Ian Rapoport
#Rams TE Tyler Higbee did, in fact, tear his ACL after that brutal low hit by #Lions safety Kerby Joseph, source said after the MRI. He faces a challenge to be ready for the start of next season. Joseph wrote on social media: “I don’t have no intention to hurt no body and or harm their career.” But that type of play has led to numerous knee injuries.
Bummer
Yep, but the league is almost dictating this to happen with they way they call the high hits with such inconsistency.

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Yep, but the league is almost dictating this to happen with they way they call the high hits with such inconsistency.
You would think they would have invented something to protect against ACL tear by now and not limit mobility. Maybe by 2050.

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
You would think they would have invented something to protect against ACL tear by now and not limit mobility. Maybe by 2050.
If the knee doesn't bend, something else has to

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Device?

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Device?
Huh??

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Device?
Huh??
Perhaps a device will be invented to prevent ACL tears without loss of mobility. Right now we don't think that is possible, but hey, what if you told someone in 1920 we would land on the moon in 1969, what would have they said? Or try to explain the internet, mobile devices, IPads, GPS for cars, AI, etc.? I believe in a hundred years we won't be driving cars, but instead be flying around in Jetson type crafts. Won't be any need for all the roads any longer and the earth will reclaim the land and that will be a good thing.

Last edited:
Ian Rapoport
Bummer

Higbee weighs almost 250, Joseph 200, NFL says don`t go high. That leaves little margin for error in a split second reaction.

Unfortunate..yes. Dirty..no.

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Device?
Huh??
Perhaps a device will be invented to prevent ACL tears without loss of mobility. Right now we don't think that is possible, but hey, what if you told someone in 1920 we would land on the moon in 1969, what would have they said? Or try to explain the internet, mobile devices, IPads, GPS for cars, AI, etc.? I believe in a hundred years we won't be driving cars, but instead be flying around in Jetson type crafts. Won't be any need for all the roads any longer and the earth will reclaim the land and that will be a good thing.
Then they should design a suit preventing all injuries.

Ian Rapoport
Bummer
Device?
Huh??
Then they should design a suit preventing all injuries.
Might as well just have robots play.....

Going to miss his age 31 season (2024, or the majority of it). He's under contract through 2025 I think. Almost 100% certain he'll be an off-season cut for me in dynasty, as I can't burn a roster spot on my TE3 or TE4 for an entire season. Hate it for him.

Rams GM Les Snead said Tyler Higbee underwent knee surgery and his timeline to return is “still unclear.”
Higbee tore his ACL and MCL in LA’s Wild Card Round loss to the Lions. He was taken down on a blindside hit to the leg. Though Snead didn’t set a timeline for his recovery, it’s safe to assume Higbee will not be available for the first month of the season. He could miss more than half of the year. Davis Allen didn’t do much in his rookie season but did serve as Higbee’s backup for the majority of his debut campaign. He could be in line for a larger workload in year two.

Users who are viewing this thread