What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyler Higbee, LAR (1 Viewer)

Tyler Higbee (ankle) was removed from the final injury report and will play Week 5 against the Seahawks.

With just one touchdown through four games and seeing just 4.5 targets per game, Higbee is the overall TE16 in fantasy. But playing heavy snaps in the Rams' offense keeps him startable as a TE1.

Oct 6, 2021, 5:47 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 5-of-10 targets for 51 yards in the Rams' Week 9 loss to the Titans.

Higbee has had elite snap and route numbers this year, and he's had solid target totals too considering the state of the tight end position. Still, he hasn't put it together yet, which was the case again in Week 9. Higbee had the second-most targets on the team with 10, but he only turned that into five catches for 51 yards. The volume has mostly been there, but the production has not. Higbee is a low-end TE1 for Week 10 against San Francisco.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Higbee could be the major beneficiary of the Woods injury. Will they use him like Miami uses Gesicki with 3 and 4 wideouts, split out most of the time and use another TE to block. Higbee was initially a WR in college who outgrew the position. 

Higbee could be the major beneficiary of the Woods injury. Will they use him like Miami uses Gesicki with 3 and 4 wideouts, split out most of the time and use another TE to block. Higbee was initially a WR in college who outgrew the position. 
I would think they wouldn't use their TE anymore than they currently do and that Van Jefferson gets the targets I thought he would lose because of the OBJ signing.

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of my big leagues I was down 1 point with higbee left to go tonight. Last night I didn't wanna stress all night and monday so I swapped and started kmet instead just in case some freak accident or covid happened to higbee. 

Luckiest move of my life.

LOL, I couldn't start Hock yesterday, and now this? Anyone know who will actually start in his place.

Who in the hell is his backup tonight?  Blanton??  I need a warm body...and this year keeps sucking.
Blanton, an undrafted rookie out of Missouri, was added to the Rams' roster Week 7 and has played just 37 offensive snaps on the season, drawing three targets. The 6-foot-6, 262-pound Blanton has served mainly as a blocker during his time on the field, so he likely won't be tasked with matching Higbee's output as a pass catcher, even though he's the frontrunner to absorb most of the snaps at tight end. Behind Blanton on the depth chart are 2020 fourth-round draft pick Brycen Hopkins and practice squad call-up Jared Pinkney, who profile as better receiving threats than Blanton but have played just 16 offensive snaps between them during their NFL careers.

In one of my big leagues I was down 1 point with higbee left to go tonight. Last night I didn't wanna stress all night and monday so I swapped and started kmet instead just in case some freak accident or covid happened to higbee. 

Luckiest move of my life.
In my big money, a team is down 1 point to make the playoffs but only has big eye left.  Ouch..his other te scored 9 points...

Our league has structured free agency that opens Tuesday and ends Wednesday midnight so no add/drops allowed. 
That's a terrible rule.  You can't pick up a kicker on sundays if yours is out injured or with covid?  Rough.

That's a terrible rule.  You can't pick up a kicker on sundays if yours is out injured or with covid?  Rough.
Correct.  20 man roster so all teams have 2 kickers.  It’s done to promote parity with last place team drafting first each week in free agency.

Higbee missed Monday night's win over the Cardinals with a false positive.

This is what I was afraid of happening when covid started last year is a guy being a false positive and missing a game for it worse that it came on Monday night when you have no way to start someone in his place.

Tyler Higbee (COVID) won't play in Week 15 against the Seahawks.

Although Von Miller tested out and was activated in time to suit up against Seattle, Rams RT Rob Havenstein, SS Jordan Fuller, and Higbee failed to clear protocols. Kendall Blanton ran 26 routes to Brycen Hopkins' six in place of Higbee on Monday night and will do so again as a two-game DFS flier.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 21, 2021, 1:07 PM ET

Tyler Higbee exited Sunday's NFC Championship game against the 49ers with a knee injury and did not return.

Higbee was involved early with two grabs for 18 yards on three targets, but he limped off with a first-half knee injury and never saw the field again. His missed connection was an ugly Matthew Stafford interception in the end zone. With Higbee out, Kendall Blanton saw five targets, catching all five for 57 yards. Blanton would be an every-snap tight end if Higbee can't play in the Super Bowl against the Bengals in two weeks.

- NBCSportsEDGE

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tyler Higbee "appears to have avoided any significant damage" to his knee. 

Higbee never returned after picking up a knee injury against the 49ers. This report suggests there is at least a chance he is able to return for the Super Bowl, but Rapoport writes Higbee's status is "up in the air." Kendall Blanton stepped up with five catches for 57 yards after Higbee left on Sunday. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 31, 2022, 2:24 PM ET

When asked if Tyler Higbee (knee) will be able to practice in the coming days, coach Sean McVay said, "I don't think so."

"We'll see," McVay added. Higbee sprained his MCL in the NFC title game against the 49ers and hasn't been on the field since. He has six more days to get ready for the biggest game of his life. If Higbee can't go, Kendall Blanton will be an every-down tight end for the Rams.

RELATED: 

Kendall Blanton

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Feb 7, 2022, 6:31 PM ET

Tyler Higbee is recovering from offseason knee surgery.

Higbee suffered a sprained MCL in the NFC title game against the 49ers and ended up missing the Rams' Super Bowl win over the Bengals. He's been doing light on-field work this spring, but the rehab is ongoing, and there's no need to rush it. The Rams didn't do anything at tight end this offseason, positioning Higbee again as an every-down player. He was a disappointment from a fantasy lens last season considering he was fifth among all tight ends in red-zone targets.

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

May 18, 2022, 1:36 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 5-of-11 targets for 39 yards in the Rams' Week 1 loss to the Bills.​

Two of Higbee's missed connections were fourth quarter drops. He was also the intended target on the first of Matthew Stafford's three interceptions, though the miscue seemed to be the quarterback's fault. Although the targets are nice, the majority came with the Rams playing three touchdowns down in the final frame. A zero-upside player despite playing darn near every snap, Higbee has no path to TE1 relevance during his age-29 campaign.
Sep 9, 2022, 12:08 AM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 10-of-14 targets for 73 yards in the Rams' Week 4 loss to the 49ers Monday night.​

Higbee's 14 targets matched a new career-high while his 10 catches were two off his career-best, both from Week 15 of the 2019 season. Playing virtually every snap for the Rams, Higbee is currently Matthew Stafford's second-favorite target behind Cooper Kupp with Allen Robinson still adjusting to his new quarterback. Higbee has seen at least nine targets in 3-of-4 games through four weeks and is an easy every-week TE1 based on playing time and volume alone. He gets a Week 5 date with the Cowboys.
Oct 3, 2022, 11:24 PM ET

10 for 14 on catches last night and Stafford missed him for a TD at least twice. Might be singlehandedly saving my season after I drafted Pitts...

Perfect secondary option for Stafford's seemingly pop gun arm and with no running game. He's on my waivers and expect big FAAB bids for his services given the TE landscape.

Thinking of dropping Njoku for Higbee (also have Goedert), but concerned about chasing points with Higbee even if it’s been 4 weeks. With Njoku, also could be chasing points, but he’s more explosive despite being in a less pass friendly offense.

Thoughts on whether we think Higbee’s production will be sustainable?

Thinking of dropping Njoku for Higbee (also have Goedert), but concerned about chasing points with Higbee even if it’s been 4 weeks. With Njoku, also could be chasing points, but he’s more explosive despite being in a less pass friendly offense.

10+ targets might be hard to sustain, but as long as Robinson is MIA, Higbee is the 2nd option. Right now, only Kelce and Andrews are CLEARLY ahead of Higbee. Waller isn't doing much. Or Pitts. Or Kittle. Schultz has been injured. Hockenson had a career game but we'll see once ARSB and Swift are back. The TE landscape is bare once you get past Kelce and Andrews.

To me, Higbee is a solid TE1 going forward. He's this year's Dalton Schultz.

If you pick up Higbee, both of your TEs will be on a bye in week 7. The Browns may pass more once Watson comes back in week 13.

If you pick up Higbee, both of your TEs will be on a bye in week 7. The Browns may pass more once Watson comes back in week 13.
Good call, simey - hadn’t thought of the byes. And the Watson return is something I’m also trying to weigh. Thanks 👍

Tyler Higbee (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.​

Coach Sean McVay suggested it's more of a rest day for the PPR maven. Averaging 9.6 targets per game, Higbee has acted as an extension of the Rams' nonexistent running game this season. Higbee will be a TE1 for Week 6 against the Panthers.
Oct 12, 2022, 8:14 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 1-of-2 targets for seven yards in the Rams' Week 6 win over the Panthers.

Playing through an ankle issue, Higbee posted across-the-board season lows in what was easily his least productive game of the year. The 1.7-point PPR calamity came as Allen Robinson revived for 5/63/1. Getting Robinson going would be a massive development for the Rams' offense but almost certainly come at Higbee's expense. He will still deserve some TE1 benefit of the doubt when the Rams come off bye in Week 8 against the 49ers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Tyler Higbee caught 8-of-8 targets for 73 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.​

Higbee was the surprising leader in the Rams' clubhouse with John Wolford under center. The veteran tight end hauled in all eight of his targets on the afternoon, with his longest catch coming on a screen pass that he took 25-yards upfield. Sunday's game against the Cardinals marked the fourth time in which Higbee has gone for 60+ yards on the season, and was the first time he's surpassed that mark since Week 4 against the 49ers. With a ceiling as high as his floor is low, Higbee is hard to trust as anything more than a high-end TE2 in Week 11 against the Saints.
Nov 13, 2022, 9:02 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 8-of-8 targets for 73 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.​

Higbee was the surprising leader in the Rams' clubhouse with John Wolford under center. The veteran tight end hauled in all eight of his targets on the afternoon, with his longest catch coming on a screen pass that he took 25-yards upfield. Sunday's game against the Cardinals marked the fourth time in which Higbee has gone for 60+ yards on the season, and was the first time he's surpassed that mark since Week 4 against the 49ers. With a ceiling as high as his floor is low, Higbee is hard to trust as anything more than a high-end TE2 in Week 11 against the Saints.
Nov 13, 2022, 9:02 PM ET
With Kupp's injury I have to think his floor may go up a bit the next few weeks.

Rams coach Sean McVay said Tyler Higbee (knee) is questionable for Week 12 against the Chiefs.​

Higbee returned to practice on Thursday and, assuming we get a similar report from today's practice, will probably be considered on the optimistic side of questionable. The state of the position leaves Higbee on the TE1 line, but he does have a much lower floor with Bryce Perkins or John Wolford slinging it against Kansas City.
SOURCE: Sarah Barshop on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 1:46 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 4-of-5 targets for 27 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 15 loss to the Packers.​

Higbee's first touchdown of the season came on a short bullet from Mayfield. He jumped to secure the ball and fell to the ground in the paint for the first time since Week 18 of the 2021 season. Still, he spent most of his night blocking to help mask the Rams' injury-ravaged offensive line. With that role unlikely to change, Higbee will rank as a TE2 heading into the team's Week 16 game against the Broncos.
Dec 19, 2022, 11:51 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread