What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Coach Otis All-Value Team <(^v^)> (2 Viewers)

Well done Otis.

For those who are not already Hawkscreetch subscribers, why not give them a little taste of what they are missing?

As you have already half revealed that the Titan's are going to be a better team in 2016 due to the emergence of Mariota and Henry, how many wins does coach foresee the Titan's having?

I will hang up and duck as the grey matter gets blown across the four winds.
If only they held onto DGB.

:no: Classic shark mindset 

I hardly believe I qualify as a shark. 

I am, however, a person who did lose 65 lbs in 8 months 4 years ago and have kept it off. 2 simple rules:

1) Control your carb intake (easier said than done and usually requires retraining one's self)

2) excersize regularly - even light to moderate excersize 4/5 times a week makes a huge difference. 

That's it.  I can tell you that potatoes are not the pathway to sustained success. Either way, I'm pulling for you. Good luck. 

####!  A lot of these guys are littering my fantasy teams this year.  :kicks rock:

The anticipation of the opening of the waiver wire just surpassed the anticipation of Week 1 kick off.

That list is creamier than a plate full of organic boiled Yukon Golds with no toppings.  Straight to the good stuff.

Nice work Coach O.

I'll be honest, Coach. I feel like you kinda mailed in the 2015 version of this annual classic. Like you were too busy sitting poolside with a couple cold margaritas (rocks, never frozen, and for the love of God, añejo only, por favor) and a couple hot señoritas, and at some point in the early evening kicked the two girls out of the cabana just long enough for you to text that intern you found on FantasyWannabes.com and tell him, dammit, hurry up with that column, the seasons almost here and I'm a busy man. 

But your 2016 installment more than makes up for it. It's an all-time classic. Bronze it now and hang it up in Canton, right alongside those busts of Mariota and Henry sporting their SBLIII, SBLV, and SBLVI rings.

Fly high, O font of fantasy wisdom.
You know Otis too well

Post-draft supplement #1

Now that Kevin in our mailroom had his final dynasty league rookie draft last night, we're able to roll out some of our most top secret hawk content.  And with that, Coach is now in a position to share with you one of his favorite value plays of all, both for this season and beyond.

Tajae Sharpe, WR

I'm going to start by providing, as a public service to all of the sharks the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B018UOQEUM/

It's a surge protector, highly rated, with all of the features you're going to need to care for your home electronics equipment, including that sweet Pentium laptop you use to crunch your cheatsheets and to debug your crapped out MyFBG setup.  You're gonna need it.  In fact, my tech guys here in the Hawk's Nest are telling me it would be a good idea to buy a two-pack of these, plug one into the wall, and then daisy check the second one into that, so that you've got two levels of protection for your computer.  Because a guy you've never heard of before named Tajae Sharpe is going to explode all your electronics equipment this season.  Absolutely explode them.  Televisions, computers, set-top boxes, that sweet sweet satellite on your roof--all of it.

Tajae Sharpe is one of those out-of-nowhere 5th round draft choices from UMass who comes into the league and sets it ablaze.  He's listed at about 6'2" 200lbs coming out of the draft, but he plays longer and leaner than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's more like 6'3" with spectacularly long pass-snatching gluey arms.  He has been so impressive in camp that the Titans decided to jettison one of our other favorites, DGB.  Which, when you think about it, is a very Hawk thing for the Titans to do -- he we don't need these early picks, we're going to smash your mouth exotically with dudes we scooped in the 5th round.

He's one of those guys who came into the NFL and very quickly was a guy who everyone around him looks to and respects -- he's been said to have the "it factor," and is described as a guy who just gets it.  He's earned the complete trust of Mariota, the Hawaiian Hunk who'll be zipping passes to the playmaker for years to come, well after Sharpe gets his first big payday from the Titans.  

Here's a highlight reel from the last preseason game to wet your whistle:  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000688233/Every-Tajae-Sharpe-catch-from-Preseason-Week-2.  He makes a lot of really tough catches look easy.  The guy has a massive catch radius, and if you put it in the air anywhere near him, he's coming down with it.  That's got special written all over it.

He's just turned 21, and with natural growth and now NFL conditioning, expect him to start working towards 210lbs and be one of the elite receivers in the NFL.

Unfortunately he's been zooming up draft boards, so those drafting late aren't going to get as much value.  But get him while you still can.

He's going around WR60 off the board, and you'll end up with a Top 20 WR, an the Titan's #1 pass catcher, by season's end.

Top 20 WR (at least 80 receptions)

Anyone on Tennessee you don't like coach?
Sure.

Demarco Murray

Andre Johnson

Justin Hunter

Kendall Wright

Rishard Mathews

Bishop Sankey

Antonio Andrews

Matt Cassel

David Cobb

Harry Douglas

Reese Horn

Tre Mcbride

Dexter McCluster

Ben Roberts

Alex Tanney

Andrwe Turzili

Jarrod West

Ilov80s said:
If you wan to fix yourself to one team this year, it's definitely the Titans. 
Exactly!!

Kind of reminds me of the Bengals circa 2005-2006, where the individuals on offense went from doormats to darlings almost overnight, and those that recognized it first (Screeeeech!) profited.

I'm sure the picks aren't any better than usual, but good work on the schtick this year. In 2015 it felt like you mailed it in; this is quality stuff here.

I'm sure the picks aren't any better than usual, but good work on the schtick this year. In 2015 it felt like you mailed it in; this is quality stuff here.
Says the guy who was telling me Frank Gore would stink in the NFL, as Coach Otis, the sole voice of reason, shouted from the hilltops to Joe Bryant and Joy Bryant and Bryant Gumbel and Calbar that Frank Gore was about to break out and be a fantasy juggernaut, just months before Frank Gore broke out and became a fantasy juggernaut.  

:take to the skies:

Says the guy who was telling me Frank Gore would stink in the NFL, as Coach Otis, the sole voice of reason, shouted from the hilltops to Joe Bryant and Joy Bryant and Bryant Gumbel and Calbar that Frank Gore was about to break out and be a fantasy juggernaut, just months before Frank Gore broke out and became a fantasy juggernaut.  

:take to the skies:
1: I never said Gore would stink in the NFL.

2: Really, you think going back to calls you may have made in 2006 is worth doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
1: I never said Gore would stink in the NFL.

2: Really, you think going back to calls you may have made in 2006 is worth doing?
May have made??

Nothing wrong with reminding the world that we've been flying these friendly skies for a decade.

When I saw this on the title page 

2016 Coach Otis All-Value Team &lt;(^v^)&gt;
Started by OtisAugust 21

I thought of this:

Samurai on the toilet​

A Film by Takeshi Kitano​

(&gt;_&lt;)

(o_o)​

(0_0)​

(^_^)​

The End​

Copyright, 1970​

Fly high friends 

Thinking of just asking my league mates if I can forfeit all my picks and just take this team.  Don't need some gup snatching Moncrief because he just learned about Zero RB theory or taking Marietta "because he needs a high upside fill in for Brady"

Dan Lambskin said:
Fly high friends 

Thinking of just asking my league mates if I can forfeit all my picks and just take this team.  Don't need some gup snatching Moncrief because he just learned about Zero RB theory or taking Marietta "because he needs a high upside fill in for Brady"
Making me proud. 

Lots of Ware hype today, and some good iFights about his awesomeness.  

Just remember folks -- he's on the list.

-Coach

Yeah, yeah, it's preseason and all but ... Derrick Henry looks like a mother####ing BEAST tonight. Y'all were warned.

^hawkscreech^

"You'll sit there on your recliner on Sunday watching him light up your plasma TV and it will be a thing of sheer beauty as he runs past and through everything else on your plasma TV, as you get choked up and sob into your ranch dressing."

Plasma tv?
Forget it. He's rolling.

"The sharks will take 20 QBs off the board before getting to what will be Football Moses for the next several fantasy seasons.  He’ll just raise his arm and stadiums will split down the middle."

:lmao:

It's not even close, by far the best and funniest thread/OP I've ever seen you do. I've liked many but this one has a professional look and feel to it, the jokes are top shelf. 

What's different about this season is the sense behind these picks. In the past, Otis, you've really tried to swing for the fences with some very "out there" predictions. This years' picks felt...safe...in comparison. Not much of a stretch to think that Mariota, Ingram, Josh Brown, Derrick Henry, and Moncrief are primed for big years. These are almost shark consensus picks.

But then you fire out with Ware, Higbee, and Thomas to rock the nest. Jury is way out for me on DGB, but also like the guts in putting your faith behind him. 

Nicely done again, Coach.

One of my favorite annual Shark Pool threads. 

Sharknerds :lol:

You know what, my favorite.

TBH, prob the only one I actually enjoy. Thanks coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB

Marcus Mariota - QB 5-8

RB

Derrick Henry - Top 20 RB finish

Mark Ingram - RB5 finish

Spencer Ware - Top 20 RB from week 5 on

WR

Josh Gordon - Top 8 WR from week 5 on.

Michael Thomas - Top 25 WR

Dorial Green-Beckham - Top 25 WR finish

Donte Moncrief - WR11 finish

Tajae Sharpe- Top 20 WR (at least 80 receptions)TE

Tyler Higbee - Top 10 TE

K

Chandler Cantazaro - Top 5 Kicker

need2know said:
Ingram has been horrible
Got Derrick Henry pounding out 3.1 YPC. Higbee has one catch for 2 yards. Green-Beckham with 32 yards in two games. Looks like another typical year for the pigeons.

Through Week 2

QB

Marcus Mariota - QB 5-8 - QB15 but only 6 points out of 8th position.  Potential hit.

RB

Derrick Henry - Top 20 RB finish - Had to use control F to find him at RB49.  Given he's only 7 pos behind consensus top 5 RB Ingram we'll call this a solid hit.

Mark Ingram - RB5 finish - Currently RB27.  If you add 27 to his current point total he would be in RB5 position.  Another solid hit.

Spencer Ware - Top 20 RB from week 5 on - It's ashamed Coach put in the week 5 on modifier because he's currently at RB5.  Coach knocks it out of the park even when he shifts.

WR

Josh Gordon - Top 8 WR from week 5 on. - His twin Melvin is tearing it up so that bodes well.

Michael Thomas - Top 25 WR - Currently WR47 but only one merely TD out of WR25.  He'll get that TD this week.  Anther hit.

Dorial Green-Beckham - Top 25 WR finish - WR96.  I've give an incomplete grade here.  When Went improves and quadruples his production Green will be there.

Donte Moncrief - WR11 finish - What Coach really meant was the second WR in Indy.  Incomplete.

Tajae Sharpe- Top 20 WR (at least 80 receptions)  WR45, 11 receipts.  On pace for 88 receipts.  Hit.

TE

Tyler Higbee - Top 10 TE - TE62, It's not the Coach's fault his agent didn't tell him the team move to LA.

K

Chandler Cantazaro - Top 5 Kicker - K19, he does lead the league in PATs.  Hit.

:lmao:  I knew I was in trouble this year when I counted up my 4 leagues and realized I own Coach's names in a combined 14 places.

I'm a cumulative 1-7 so far, but that's probably because I inexplicably failed to subscribe to Coach's Premium Platinum Package (tm) this season.

Let that be a lesson to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread