What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (13 Viewers)

Is it a big deal or not that Sentate Intelligence committee meeting with Comey in SCIF?
Could be a big deal, is definitely an interesting development from my perspective, but if I were setting up meetings with the FBI director and the SIC, I'd want it to be in a SCIF as often as possible.

Rubio's tweet certainly makes whatever was said in the meeting extremely serious.

edit: just to note those articles are JAN 17...not Feb 17.
Precisely.  They weren't in a SCIF and the politicians were talking about them. And they were with Comey about the same topic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair though, I thought that was already planned for the main passage through The Yuge Wall of Trump...

...I could be wrong though. :shrug:

Sorry for the spam SID & serious folk, in an effort to apologize, I offer this...although this may be more appropriate, unless this mess gets cleaned up in the proper way soon.

Finally, great work guys/gals, I really appreciate the hard work that has gone into this thread.  I don't post much here, but I learn much.  :thumbup:
Treasongate  imo

To be fair though, I thought that was already planned for the main passage through The Yuge Wall of Trump...

...I could be wrong though. :shrug:

Sorry for the spam SID & serious folk, in an effort to apologize, I offer this...although this may be more appropriate, unless this mess gets cleaned up in the proper way soon.

Finally, great work guys/gals, I really appreciate the hard work that has gone into this thread.  I don't post much here, but I learn much.  :thumbup:
Treasongate  imo
No arguments from me here.

Accurate..specific...most likely correct... :thumbup:

Nothing to see here:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15X0OE

the fact they are even looking at financial transactions is deeply troubling.  Panama papers anyone?
Oh.

There are three FBI probes.

- Guccifer2.

- DNC hacks.

- And:

Beyond the two FBI field offices, FBI counterintelligence agents based in Washington are pursuing leads from informants and foreign communications intercepts, two of the people said.

This counterintelligence inquiry includes but is not limited to examination of financial transactions by Russian individuals and companies who are believed to have links to Trump associates. The transactions under scrutiny involve investments by Russians in overseas entities that appear to have been undertaken through middlemen and front companies, two people briefed on the probe said.
Good.

Oh.

There are three FBI probes.

- Guccifer2.

- DNC hacks.

- And:

Good.
The fact they are even probing the finances means they have something.  It could be as minor as the Flynn payment for the RT dinner, but my guess is there's a paper trail a mile long of the oligarchs buying Trump apartments in his various developments.  Once the have those they can work backward slowly, but pretty easily.

There is a ton to unravel especially since Ross owns a chunk of one of the favorite Cyprus banks to do this sort of thing through and it takes a lot of time, but you want something that would shake up the Republican senators, this is it.

I'd also add that there is fairly high chanc these types of transaction broke the sanctions, so even if they can't prove quid pro quo, there's a decent chance they are just flat out illegal.

Senators want material saved for Russia Probe

The Senate intelligence committee has sent formal requests to more than a dozen organizations, agencies and individuals, asking them to preserve all materials related to a probe the panel is conducting on Russian interference in the 2016 election and related issues, a congressional aide said Saturday.

The committee chairman, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., and its vice chairman, Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., sent letters out on Friday — the same day committee members received a classified briefing from FBI Director James Comey. Committee members declined to comment on what was discussed after the more than hourlong briefing.

The aide was not authorized to discuss the issue and spoke only on condition of anonymity

I have this feeling that time travelers in the future discovered how to travel, but can't go back any further than 2000 for some odd reason.  They've been ####### with us ever since.  Terrorism, Trump, climate change, reality tv, elon musk, brexit, alt-right...I mean, folks are just coming back from the future and dipping their toes into an alternate reality and having their fun.  KellyAnne Conways was basically referencing alternate facts as facts she brought with her back from an alternative dimension...sometime in the future...and they're just ####### with us all. 

Social sciences have long been a "psuedo-science" because you can't really perform controlled experiments on vast swaths of humanity.  My guess is that we are living in one huge experiment right now and folks from the future are popping in and taking notes on how we're doing and what a little crazy inserted here or there in humanity will change things.

Future researchers: "That's a great idea! Ok, ok...what if...what if we take this crazy business guy and have him run for office and lie and everything, but wait...we create this alternative right wing propaganada machine and he hijacks it and rises to become president! "

Other researcher: "Awesome idea!  Ok..and then we can drop someone from the future in there, like Elon Musk, and see what he can do in the same climate as a President Trump.  It's a race to see whether humankind will save itself before Trump and our other ideas destroy it."

Russia calls for 'post-West' world order: Lavrov

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov called Saturday for an end to a world order dominated by the West and said Moscow wanted to establish a "pragmatic" relationship with the United States.

Lavrov was speaking at the Munich Security Conference shortly after US Vice President Mike Pence told the audience Washington remained "unwavering" in its commitment to the US-led NATO military alliance as it faced a more assertive Russia.

Lavrov said that the time when the West called the shots was over and, dismissing NATO as a relic of the Cold War, added: "I hope that (the world) will choose a democratic world order -- a post-West one -- in which each country is defined by its sovereignty." ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-calls-post-west-world-order-lavrov-005049841.html

Here's a list of materials you absolutely should not destroy because we may subpoena it sometime in the future.  Do not destroy your hard drives or anything, because we plan on asking for this down the line sometime.
My guess is bank statements, LLC docs, wire transfers, etc as well.  If this is the path they are pursuing (and there is a lot of layering involved), there is going to a bunch of Delaware LLC documents that will need to be retained (and for those that don't know Delaware LLCs are notoriously opaque so this could take some time).

The fact Burr acquiesced to this isn't good for whoever the FBI is looking at.  The FBI people who pursue this type of thing are topnotch.

I'm getting tired of this whataboutism bull####. Team Trump colluding with Russia and Clinton colluding with, in this case, China are not mutually exclusive propositions. Try to be logically consistent.
Even if you could prove your Russia theory the same thing clearly went on with the other candidate. Very relevant but understand why you would want to avoid it. 

I'm getting tired of this whataboutism bull####. Team Trump colluding with Russia and Clinton colluding with, in this case, China are not mutually exclusive propositions. Try to be logically consistent.
Just a demonstration of very wide double standard that gets applied

A double standard (which I believe both sides can perceive) isn't relevant to the truth, which is why the "What about her!" red herring doesn't work, especially on those who don't give a #### about Clinton. It's even more ineffective when the person whose alleged crimes you're trying deflect from is the president of the ####### country. Whether Clinton is guilty of something has zero bearing on whether Trump is guilty of something, it really is that simple.

The only people who consider it to be a double-standard are people who don't understand the law.

It's LEGAL to talk about the current state of affairs.

It's NOT LEGAL to negotiate sanctions.

Clinton's team was doing the former (actually they were just talking about possibly doing the former), Trump's team was allegedly doing the latter.

The only people who consider it to be a double-standard are people who don't understand the law.

It's LEGAL to talk about the current state of affairs.

It's NOT LEGAL to negotiate sanctions.

Clinton's team was doing the former (actually they were just talking about possibly doing the former), Trump's team was allegedly doing the latter.
I don't see why we should bring a real understanding of what's going on with the law into a criminal investigation. 

An "off the record" get together.....wow. Essentially what everyone is freaking out about what may have happened w the Russkis did happen w China and DNC 
A key with Flynn is that he lied about not only the number of times he talked with Russia MFA but when. Flynn made a point that he did not speak with the Russians after sanctions were imposed. He lied. Why do you think he would have lied about that?

I think a lot of GOPers are trying to figure out how to thread the needle where they don't piss off his followers by jumping too early, but they don't wait so long that they get dragged down with him.
I agree.  And, I think there's concern that Trump is a menace and dangerous to our national security.  So, sooner the better to get him out.  But, need bullet-proof case going back to your point.  They will lose votes from some down the road, but a definitive case of criminal misconduct would go a long way in minimizing that damage.

Comey.  Senate intelligence committee.  SCIF.  Three hours.

And no leaks.
 Maybe this is obvious to you or others, but do you think this meeting is related to the FISA warrants the FBI was trying to obtain?  Remember MT's post here a while ago linking a blog to a theory that all of the moves Snowden and Trump have made is really one elaborate mission by Putin being investigated by Comey?  How long until that theory gets supported and debunked?

Users who are viewing this thread