What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Big Brother Thread*** No Spoilers Starts 7/6 (3 Viewers)

I tend to always root for the side with the best eye candy.  This year is clearly Angela/Rachel but Haleigh is solid too.  Rockstar is umbearable to me, she needs to go pronto.
Sure she's weird looking, but she doesn't crack the top 25 of the most annoying houseguests.

Oh man, finally been caught up.  Been in the middle of a move without internet.  

This is gonna be a good season.  

I see Tyler folding under pressure.  I like him, but he might struggle this week.

started peeking at the feeds...someone start the spoiler threads!

This might be a spoiler, but IDGAF. It wasn't even really her daughter's birthday. In terms of the hatable houseguests, we need more weirdo Kaitlyn and no Rockstar.
It’s still stupid but she was saying “I swear on my daughters birthday” in the same way people always swear on their grandparents grave. 

This season definitely has potential. I like Tyler as well but he needs to pull back the reigns just a tad. He's gonna get a big target on his back sooner rather than later. 

Just caught up on the show yesterday.

:lmao:  my exact sentiments already captured on Rockstar.  What a hoon.  Hasn't done anything to make me hate her yet, but I feel like that will happen in the next few weeks. 

Looking forward to big eyed Kaitlyn's meltdown that Tyler walked all over her like every guy in her life.  

Good job by the editors so far showing just enough of JC for comic relief but not so much that I want to punch him. 

Really surprised Sam didn't use her power up.  Could've gained some leverage but now she's at risk of being shunned for not using this when she could've saved person X. 

Sam winning HOH in a week she knows it's probably meaningless and then making her HOH ceremony super personal is the most interesting strategy I can remember. It's right there with Dan having his funeral and calling out his most loyal ally and making her cry in front of everyone.

We really need Tyler and Brett to form a two + Hot Rachel and super hot Angela to form a two (confession: I don't know which one is which), and then Haleigh to start walking around naked all the time. Give me that + JC and Kaitlyn for their weirdness and I haven't been as in on a season since season 2.

As the whitest dude here, I'm a little confused as to why Bayleigh got so mad. JC didn't explain himself well, but it seemed like he was just trying to give examples of how hurtful he feels the word she used was. 

As the whitest dude here, I'm a little confused as to why Bayleigh got so mad. JC didn't explain himself well, but it seemed like he was just trying to give examples of how hurtful he feels the word she used was. 
It is a separate thread for sure.

She understood why JC said it, acknowledged that she was "triggered"... yet wouldn't back down from it.

It ended well though, any time you can hug it out after a blow up I think it is a good thing.

Sam winning HOH in a week she knows it's probably meaningless and then making her HOH ceremony super personal is the most interesting strategy I can remember. It's right there with Dan having his funeral and calling out his most loyal ally and making her cry in front of everyone.

We really need Tyler and Brett to form a two + Hot Rachel and super hot Angela to form a two (confession: I don't know which one is which), and then Haleigh to start walking around naked all the time. Give me that + JC and Kaitlyn for their weirdness and I haven't been as in on a season since season 2.

Yep, Sam feeling the need to win hoh was really bizarre unless I'm missing something. She is the only one that knows hoh is meaningless this week but she wanted to win anyway. 

Also agree on Bayleigh thing being strange. He never called her anything and said here's an example of a hurtful term. Then she freaks out. OK. 

Isn’t it just a chance to come back through? If so, I like the noms because it’s probably the 2 least likely to accomplish any challenge they’re assigned. 

Isn’t it just a chance to come back through? If so, I like the noms because it’s probably the 2 least likely to accomplish any challenge they’re assigned. 
Yes, just a chance.  I think it's fine Sam went for the win.  I'm not sure about her dictatorship approach though.

Really expected more of a blowup considering the way CBS approached the Bayleigh/JC stuff.  Oh well, I'm glad it wasn't worse though.  Honestly I think Bayleigh could have handled her emotions a little better there...she doesn't seem to be able to put herself in JC's tiny shoes during that conversation and that's on her.....but obviously she's messed up.

Everything just keeps going right for Tyler.  The heat is on after the vote....idiot Kaitlyn to the rescue!

Now that we've moved on from the Bro eviction, does anyone that watched the live feeds know if Tyler tried to persuade Sam to use the power on a fallen Bro?  He's one of the only, if not the only, person to know what she has, and he obviously wanted the Bros to say.  Sam could have tried to get some protection out of it, from some major target players, rather then let it get auto-played this week.  Or maybe the house will not know it will be an auto-play this week, not sure on that yet.  CBS never showed any serious conversation between Tyler and Sam on this and I fully expected one.  

Really didn't think that JC said anything wrong just trying to compare how two words are both derogatory towards a different set of people. I think if anyone was stereotyped or "harassed" growing up JC would have been more subjected to that than her. She definitely over reacted.

I think CBS needed to fill some time (create a story) because Sam told them she knew who she was nominating and there was no changing her mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really didn't think that JC said anything wrong just trying to compare how two words are both derogatory towards a different set of people. I think if anyone was stereotyped or "harassed" growing up JC would have been more subjected to that than her. She definitely over reacted.

I think CBS needed to fill some time (create a story) because Sam told them she knew who she was nominating and there was no changing her mind.
Exactly, that's why they were able to hug it out I think. She was basically saying unless you're African American that word cannot come out of your mouth ever around me or I am going to flip out.

Your probably correct on the bolded part also.  I liked same way Sam did the noms (besides rockstar not being one of them) and claiming that room as hers and hers only.  Last few seasons people are always hanging out in there and the HOH isn't even in there, it was not like that in earlier seasons.

Depending on who gets evicted this week, the producers will determine how easy or hard it will be to come back.   For drama's sake I'd imagine the way to get back in will undoubtedly be incredibly easy regardless.

Depending on who gets evicted this week, the producers will determine how easy or hard it will be to come back.   For drama's sake I'd imagine the way to get back in will undoubtedly be incredibly easy regardless.
If they let Kaitlyn go home, I don't even see the point of having a production team that interferes all the time. We've had this power for 3 weeks, and have had 3 people go home who didn't expect to leave when Julie announced the vote. I'm a little disappointed production didn't get Sam to use the power on Winston. Him walking back in would have made Rockstar melt down even more ON (the day before) HER DAUGHER'S BIRTHDAY

offdee said:
I don’t doubt they’d do that, but this season is a good mix of decently interesting people but no one person driving the season. I couldn’t even guess who they’d want to stay even if they could pick. 

Yes, just a chance.  I think it's fine Sam went for the win.  I'm not sure about her dictatorship approach though.
There have been a few strange HOH's this year.  Sam has her dictatorship and when Scottie won he had those 1 on 1's where he basically demanded answers out of everyone.  

I like it though, The close votes make it great.  

Unfortunately I think Sam has put a major target on her back for when shes not in power.  Or maybe she knows whats shes doing agitating the week ones.  

The whole Bailey meltdown was stupid. If you can't say N--- within the context of rational discourse, then when can you say it? Apparently the answer is never, because the very idea of the word upsets her so much. I wonder if she goes off the rails when a black person says it.
It's this type of reaction that scares people so much that even journalists are afraid to refer to it as anything more than the "N word". 

The whole Bailey meltdown was stupid. If you can't say N--- within the context of rational discourse, then when can you say it? Apparently the answer is never, because the very idea of the word upsets her so much. I wonder if she goes off the rails when a black person says it.
It's this type of reaction that scares people so much that even journalists are afraid to refer to it as anything more than the "N word". 
Yeah, I hated that scene.  I doubt she looks back on that and changes her mind either.  Her mind was made up years ago.  

And pure speculation, but being as pretty as she is (former Miss Missouri) and growing up in a mostly white community, she probably never faced any of the adversity she talked about facing.  Wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the most popular girl in her high school.  

Just very close-minded.  Plus you could tell JC genuinely didn't know he couldn't say it in the context of the conversation. 

Dude, this is the best season so far. GOAT. I don't know if they're scripting it way more now than before, but holy freaking god. These people are just as stupid as they are beautiful. 

Fessie. What in the #### are you doing?

Watching last night I was trying to wrap my head around what exactly Fess was doing. He seemed setup to 100% throw that comp. But nope he decided he just had to totally piss off one of the two girls.  I think they will be able to round up enough votes to get rid of rockstar (please please) with the thinking Kaitlin will be gunning for Fess and Hailey. 

It was almost hard not to win that playback competition, but somehow Kaitlyn managed it.  Pathetic attempt. You know all the producers in the back were giving themselves a big face palming. 

I think it was a mistake to get rid of Kaitlyn.  Rockstar is 100% a vote against your alliance. She can't win anything, but you know she is voting to get rid of one of your alliance members every single time.  Kaitlyn is unstable, but she is majorly pissed at Fessy.  Use her to get rid of him and then get rid of her once the numbers are safely on your side.  Although Rockstar probably would have completed the pre-school puzzle and would be back in the game anyway...

And what's with JC switching his vote?  Anyone that watches the live feed know how that flip took place?

It was almost hard not to win that playback competition, but somehow Kaitlyn managed it.  Pathetic attempt. You know all the producers in the back were giving themselves a big face palming. 
That's what I said to the wife. That should have taken about a minute to complete. She was going too fast IMO.

And what's with JC switching his vote?  Anyone that watches the live feed know how that flip took place?
Not sure on this myself. If he knew it was unanimous I don’t see the point of the burn vote. Maybe just in hopes of people making something out of nothing going into the next nominations?

Not sure on this myself. If he knew it was unanimous I don’t see the point of the burn vote. Maybe just in hopes of people making something out of nothing going into the next nominations?
I kind of doubt it was strategic... I'd guess he either was mad at Rockstar, or felt sorry for Kaitlin.

Dude, this is the best season so far. GOAT. I don't know if they're scripting it way more now than before, but holy freaking god. These people are just as stupid as they are beautiful. 

Fessie. What in the #### are you doing?
That big dummy took careful aim to make sure he shot himself squarely in the foot.

Just caught up on the show yesterday.

:lmao:  my exact sentiments already captured on Rockstar.  What a hoon.  Hasn't done anything to make me hate her yet, but I feel like that will happen in the next few weeks. 

Looking forward to big eyed Kaitlyn's meltdown that Tyler walked all over her like every guy in her life.  

Good job by the editors so far showing just enough of JC for comic relief but not so much that I want to punch him. 

Really surprised Sam didn't use her power up.  Could've gained some leverage but now she's at risk of being shunned for not using this when she could've saved person X. 
You mean besides the fact that she’s a grown adult and goes by the name Rockstar, right? 

Bayleigh is literally quickly descending to a Rockstar level of hatred for me. In literally any other season, we'd all literally agree that she's the literally worst. She's literally lucky she's got literally the Wilt Chamberlain of awfulness in the house with her. Literally.

Bayleigh is literally quickly descending to a Rockstar level of hatred for me. In literally any other season, we'd all literally agree that she's the literally worst. She's literally lucky she's got literally the Wilt Chamberlain of awfulness in the house with her. Literally.
Uh oh, better not let her find out you're not  #TeamBay   :football:

I like Bayleigh :shrug:

HoH-it is
:goodposting:

Yeah, it's sort of surprising how certain players let the power go to their head. As if they won't be at risk the very next week. I was a little surprised robot woman was not even mentioned as a target this week after putting up 2 in Bayleigh's group last week, so what do I know. Seems like this season is meant for floaters like surfer dude and JC, because the larger groups are really bad at this game.

Users who are viewing this thread