What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I've always felt the moderation wasn't leaning one way of the other it was just kind of reactionary and inconsistent. But it's a hard job, there's more to it than you always see and you always have to take history into account so I try not to judge.
From what I've seen of Joe's political views it sounds like he's slightly to my right, but I've never seen any evidence that his moderation was influenced by politics. And it will take more than a few cherry-picked examples to convince me otherwise.

I do  agree that sometimes the moderation can be a little opaque. It's not so much "I don't understand why I got banned" as "I'm not entirely clear what the standard is." As I said in my earlier post, I get why they feel like they don't have time to explain everything, but I think a little explanation could end up saving them a lot of time in the long run.

It is mostly tied to the reporting.  But the echo chamber reports in mass and the moderators respond to the multiple reports.   It is pretty ridiculous when there are two pages of people being complete jerks but then one response back and the same people then hit the report button.  The bias in moderation is definitely there but it has to do with the numbers.  A single report by a conservative poster rarely triggers any action, but the multiple reports against the conservative draws immediate and harsh response.   
This is correct. 

A person can say Lindsey Graham is a moron and because of the demographics, it's rarely reported. If someone says AOC is a moron, it'll have multiple reports instantly. It's just because of the numbers. Not much we can do about that. 

I really wish I’d included a question in my survey about which direction the moderation is biased in.

I strongly suspect that most people who lean left think the moderation is stacked in favor of Trump supporters while most people who support Trump think the moderation favors the echo chamber.

It’d be nice to have more formal data about that, though.

Next year...
I think the moderation is stacked against English speakers. Clearly, you all have an anti-English bias. Quel dommage. 

I really wish I’d included a question in my survey about which direction the moderation is biased in.

I strongly suspect that most people who lean left think the moderation is stacked in favor of Trump supporters while most people who support Trump think the moderation favors the echo chamber.

Next year...
Oh there is bias.  Tons of bias.

Against people who post.

Seriously.  You guys only police, suspend and expel the people that post.  What about the people that don't post?  Why don't you ban the lurkers and the people that read something here from a reddit link or something?  I mean, you are actively targeting your own people here in some desperate attempt to keep the rules in place.  It's definitely bias.

You all suffer from Postism.  It's scary really.  What this board is becoming.

Against people who post.

Seriously.  You guys only police, suspend and expel the people that post.  What about the people that don't post?  Why don't you ban the lurkers and the people that read something here from a reddit link or something?  I mean, you are actively targeting your own people here in some desperate attempt to keep the rules in place.  It's definitely bias.

People who post are the worst.

Joe, here is a good example of why I feel the moderation is slanted in favor of the echo chamber.  Slapdash reported me for laughing at Buzzfeed and not only was I warned but I was given a week long time out for "trolling".  Seems a little excessive and quite frankly pretty thin skin to be crying to moderators.  I have reported actual racists posts directed at Trump supporters and yet seen the member continue to post.

I know it sucks having to monitor the boards and I generally think you do a good job but it is clear not all moderators are the same and some have political bias.
My suggestion would be to just write, "I don't view Buzzfeed as credible."  It goes over better.

Tough to comprehend this is a "demographics" problem given the rather large group of "conservatives" that follow each other around and "like" each other's posts all the time.  There are plenty around here doing that.  Are they confusing the "like" button with the "report" button or something?

Tough to comprehend this is a "demographics" problem given the rather large group of "conservatives" that follow each other around and "like" each other's posts all the time.  There are plenty around here doing that.  Are they confusing the "like" button with the "report" button or something?
Are you really claiming that only some group of "conservatives" (which I'm not even sure who you'd be referring to) use the like buttons on each others posts all the time?   Man, there's a lot of posters here with some strange opinions for conservatives.

I would expect nothing less. I’ve reported your reporting, btw. Your punishment will be swift and excessive.
We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretty nasti.... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

Are you really claiming that only some group of "conservatives" (which I'm not even sure who you'd be referring to) use the like buttons on each others posts all the time?   Man, there's a lot of posters here with some strange opinions for conservatives.
no...not at all.  i see it the other way too.  I'm simply trying to reconcile the excuse of demographics.  It makes no sense.  Clearly there are plenty of "conservatives" around here who can hit the report button.  I know this because I see them hitting the like button.  That's it...full stop.  Anything you read into it beyond that is not my intent/issue.

As to why the mods don't "see" the reports from "conservatives" there's a much more sensible/likely reason which is, "conservatives" simply don't do what the mods have asked and report the posts :shrug:  

Of course that's the way it works and for both sides. Now I get likes from conservatives depending on the subject. But in general my likes come.from my side of the spectrum. 

no...not at all.  i see it the other way too.  I'm simply trying to reconcile the excuse of demographics.  It makes no sense.  Clearly there are plenty of "conservatives" around here who can hit the report button.  I know this because I see them hitting the like button.  That's it...full stop.  Anything you read into it beyond that is not my intent/issue.

As to why the mods don't "see" the reports from "conservatives" there's a much more sensible/likely reason which is, "conservatives" simply don't do what the mods have asked and report the posts  :shrug:  
Joe has already stated that the number of posters are a lot more on the anti-Trump side than the Trump side (Don't think liberal vs conservative is the right terms here).   I think that's what Jon was referring to above that Joe confirmed

Next year...
If we gave a little thought to our answer, however, we libbies would know that the moderation here helps keep this board from being overrun by Trump supporters like some of its competitors are. The world of football fans and participants is still a pretty conservative one overall and anyone who has been out there knows that the moderation helps keep this the anomaly.

Moderation that favors dialog and debate over name calling will only ever appeal to one side.

Against people who post.

I just reported your post for giving me post-traumatic post disorder.

Not sure what you mean with the bolded.

If you had to guess, what percentage of the posters in the PSF have a favorable opinion of a Trump Supporting Politician like Lindsey Graham?

If you had to guess, what percentage of the posters in the PSF have a favorable opinion of a Trump Opposing Politician like AOC?

If you had to guess, what percentage of the posters in the PSF have a favorable opinion of a Trump Supporting Politician like Lindsey Graham?

If you had to guess, what percentage of the posters in the PSF have a favorable opinion of a Trump Opposing Politician like AOC?
Hmmm.

25% like Lindsay

40% like AOC.

I fall in both camps, for different reasons.

I think his point is pro-Trump posts get likes and often its more than one. So if there's a large enough contingent to provide those likes there's a large enough contingent to provide more than one report on a post as well. 

People on all sides get timeouts.

The difference is that some people get timeouts for saying vile and hateful things while others get timeouts for using an emoji.

Or posting the word c***** which the language filter doesn't pick up. And when said poster gave examples of others using the same language with no deletion of their post or time out the response by mod/owner was "that happened last year, get over it".

Bottom line, if you support Trump, be careful with every post because people like slapdash are just waiting to report you for using an emoji. If you hate Trump, feel free to say all sorts of hateful and disgusting things and as long as nobody reports you then you are cool.
So you're saying reporting works but you long suffering Trump fans don't use the feature?

Joe has already stated that the number of posters are a lot more on the anti-Trump side than the Trump side (Don't think liberal vs conservative is the right terms here).   I think that's what Jon was referring to above that Joe confirmed
This is specifically why I used quotes around conservative.  I'm going by what they label themselves.

ETA:  And I don't question that there are many more who dislike Trump than like him.  I am merely pointing out there are plenty "conservatives" here to raise awareness with the report button if they chose.  I don't think there is some massive conspiracy against them, just like I don't think there was some massive conspiracy against me during the Iraq war arguments.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Tough to say Joe....people don't seem to be all that honest in their support habits around here and it's specifically why I used quotes around conservatives.  That's what the group labels themselves, so that's what I went with.  Now, I will say, your post plus Wreck's post did make me pause and acknowledge and assumption I am running on.  I am assuming the quantity of reports on a post that catch mod attention is 5-6 or so and numbers less than that are easier to miss.  If that's off and the number is 30-40 that draws attention, I retract my statement.  That 5-6 mark, if they genuinely cared, is easy for the "conservatives" to hit and draw attention to the posts that are allegedly offensive.

I think his point is pro-Trump posts get likes and often its more than one. So if there's a large enough contingent to provide those likes there's a large enough contingent to provide more than one report on a post as well. 
:goodposting:  

People on all sides get timeouts.

The difference is that some people get timeouts for saying vile and hateful things while others get timeouts for using an emoji.

Or posting the word c***** which the language filter doesn't pick up. And when said poster gave examples of others using the same language with no deletion of their post or time out the response by mod/owner was "that happened last year, get over it".

Bottom line, if you support Trump, be careful with every post because people like slapdash are just waiting to report you for using an emoji. If you hate Trump, feel free to say all sorts of hateful and disgusting things and as long as nobody reports you then you are cool.
So you're saying reporting works but you long suffering Trump fans don't use the feature?
Exactly :goodposting:  They'd rather simply whine/complain about it.

This is specifically why I used quotes around conservative.  I'm going by what they label themselves.

ETA:  And I don't question that there are many more who dislike Trump than like him.  I am merely pointing out there are plenty "conservatives" here to raise awareness with the report button if they chose.  I don't think there is some massive conspiracy against them, just like I don't think there was some massive conspiracy against me during the Iraq war arguments.  
The one thing I think does happen is your punishment depends on which moderator gets to you.  There are a couple that absolutely cover for some posters that share their political views.  I don't think Joe is guilty of that and Joe just wants good discussion without all the BS and snark that drags every damn thread here down.  We just rarely know who addresses which case regardless of poster.  One mod could delete a post, one mod could hand out a suspension, and another mod could just say knock if off to the exact same post.  

The one thing I think does happen is your punishment depends on which moderator gets to you.  There are a couple that absolutely cover for some posters that share their political views.  I don't think Joe is guilty of that and Joe just wants good discussion without all the BS and snark that drags every damn thread here down.  We just rarely know who addresses which case regardless of poster.  One mod could delete a post, one mod could hand out a suspension, and another mod could just say knock if off to the exact same post.  
agreed

Does this explain why one person can have like 12 alias accounts and is still around and using multiple ones after receiving several suspensions, yet other people get their account clipped after a few hours? 

The one thing I think does happen is your punishment depends on which moderator gets to you.  There are a couple that absolutely cover for some posters that share their political views.
This goes both ways. A very prominent conservative poster recently used the phrase "street wh_re" when describing a Democratic congresswoman. After he was publicly called out by numerous other posters (on both sides of the political aisle), a moderator quickly came by and deleted his post as well as all of the posts responding to him, and the poster was not given a timeout.

i think they should make me a moderator i would delete any post where anyone whines about the quote other side endquote i dont even care what side you are on or complaining about if you complain you gone everyone knows that when you point at somone you  are pointing back at yourself at least three times or two if you are lou from the floor who was involved in a press accident anyhow that is the path of the brohan in action take that to the bank bromigos 

What on earth does this mean:

Not everything that disagrees with your opinion is trolling. Lots of people would dismiss buzzfeed. Until it reports something you agree with. 

Why is this in my profile @Joe Bryant?  I have only reported posts at your direction.  I have reported vulgar posts directed at myself that were ignored.  WTF is this doing in my warning record?  
My guess is with all that reporting that you've been doing they thought you might be coming after the hall monitor job.  Since that job is already taken they figured they would disqualify you by getting something on your permanent warning record.

Its a trick question - nobody on either side has a favorable opinion of Lindsey Graham....

As for AOC - that too is a little tricky - I'd say its about 35-40% who have a favorable view, 30% with a neutral view, and 30-35% with a negative view.

This is why we're not going to debate these here. It's always "I was suspended for nothing".

Dickies was given 10 days off for saying the NRA has a history of celebrating mass shootings. He then backpedaled it to maybe not celebrate. You don't get to say something and then it be ok when you backpedal.

A new poster would be permabanned for something that wrong. He's a good poster so he stayed. 

Please let's drop and move on like Slap Dash said. 
Again and I think the position that they celebrate it was bad...but he had talked before that post even before making that one where he discussed what the NRA does .  That doesn’t excuse  that post.  But it wasn’t just out of the blue that way and now then a backpedal imo.

ETA:   From the shootings thread...seemed relevant to this

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/sell-massacre-nra-playbook-revealed-190325111828105.html

And my point when I first brought it up was to convey to some that moderation isn’t just excising wberythkngbfrom thenleft.  After his post dickies was called a tool.  That poster wasn’t disciplined (at least not publicly) and his offending post was scrubbed.  Something the moderators have been blamed for doing to clean up left leaning posts and not dosciplinlknk g them.

This isn’t to criticize moderation.  As I said...it’s hard.  It’s to show that it’s even handed despite the claims of some here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a trick question - nobody on either side has a favorable opinion of Lindsey Graham....

As for AOC - that too is a little tricky - I'd say its about 35-40% who have a favorable view, 30% with a neutral view, and 30-35% with a negative view.
Thanks. To be sure I'm understanding you - You think 30-35% of the people in the PSF have a negative view of AOC?

That or Tanner has blackmail on someone
Nope. His accounts have been getting permabanned as they come up and go over the line. Sorry to disappoint you. 
What conservative posters are complaining about is the fact that Tanner's multiple accounts are allowed to exist at all.

(They don't seem to have the same complaints about alias accounts associated with conservative posters, however.)

Thanks. To be sure I'm understanding you - You think 30-35% of the people in the PSF have a negative view of AOC?
Admittedly its hard to tell - but, my general sense is there are a handful of committed Pro-Trump, anti-AOC posters - aliases come and go - but anyone who is pro-Trump will be Anti-AOC.

Then, I think there are a number of people who are not necessarily pro-Trump, but are pretty consistently Anti-AOC (I am not sure if you were trying to single her out specifically, or just use her as an example - but she is a lightening rod, certainly for anyone on the Right, but also for a number of people who want to be positioned Center-Left.) 

So - yeah, I think roughly a third of the posters would be opposed to AOC policies, if not opposed to AOC personally.

And, I have no sense of how many "regular" posters are in the PSF - discounting lurkers - so its hard to make a good guesstimate here.

Again....tough to say given peoples' unwillingness to be honest but 30ish and 50ish?  I'm not a big fan of either if that helps.

Not true.  I love Lindsey Graham

What conservative posters are complaining about is the fact that Tanner's multiple accounts are allowed to exist at all.

(They don't seem to have the same complaints about alias accounts associated with conservative posters, however.)
Do you have examples of conservatives with alias accounts?

Do you have examples of conservatives with alias accounts?
"Do you know any kids in school who sell drugs?" said the deep-voiced new student with the full mustache, five-o'clock shadow, and unexplained wires under his shirt.

Looking at the report log, the post you reported was a poster who doubted the quality of a buzzfeed story. His post in entirety you reported was "Buzzfeed :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  "

You reported the post and sent the moderators the message "Obvious trolling yet again "
Wow, this stuff really happens?

I'm very very surprised by this. I guess I'm naive?

Wow 

Users who are viewing this thread