Bayhawks

Stormy Daniels scandal thread

3,075 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, HellToupee said:

He’s a Junior Antifa coach

This seems like a very non excellent accusation there HT

1 person likes this

Michael Avenatti‏Verified account @MichaelAvenatti

We are told that these images are from the alias Facebook account of Columbus Det. Steve Rosser (before he deleted it), who was at the center of the arrest of my client. Anyone with information confirming this, pls contact me. #Basta

link

tl;dr: Rosser apparently has an online alias Stev Shaboykins and he is a Trump fan.  Hopefully his bias for Trump didn't cause him to take an action that he otherwise wouldn't have taken.  

3 people like this

On 7/12/2018 at 7:57 AM, knowledge dropper said:

I’m a local.  

Our government is pretty much all Dems, so I doubt it was politically motivated.  It sounds like there may have been something behind her erratic behavior (if you know what I mean).  She was out of control and they needed to pull the plug.  

I catch your drift.  Wink. 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, The Indestructible said:

Michael Avenatti‏Verified account @MichaelAvenatti

We are told that these images are from the alias Facebook account of Columbus Det. Steve Rosser (before he deleted it), who was at the center of the arrest of my client. Anyone with information confirming this, pls contact me. #Basta

link

tl;dr: Rosser apparently has an online alias Stev Shaboykins and he is a Trump fan.  Hopefully his bias for Trump didn't cause him to take an action that he otherwise wouldn't have taken.  

Hoo boy.  That officer’s been in some trouble for his arrests before, apparently.  Looks like he tried to get the bar where his ex girlfriend worked shut down. 

http://www.dispatch.com/article/20150624/NEWS/306249744

2 people like this

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 10m10 minutes ago

Just had a very productive mtg in Columbus with City Atty Klein, Police Chief Jacobs, and others relating to what happened to @StormyDaniels. They have promised a thorough investigation, inc. whether it was politically motivated. Once that is complete, we will decide next steps.

1 person likes this

:yes:

Nell Scovell‏ @NellSco 17h17 hours ago

Since @POTUS always refers to Lisa Page as "Peter Strzok's lover" to remind us of their illicit affair, I propose we always refer to Trump as "Stormy Daniels's lover" to remind us of his.

For ex: "Stormy Daniels's lover Donald Trump got played by Vladimir Putin."

5 people like this

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

Since @POTUS always refers to Lisa Page as "Peter Strzok's lover" to remind us of their illicit affair, I propose we always refer to Trump as "Stormy Daniels's lover" to remind us of his.

I'm on board with this.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Is "lover" the correct term?  Seems perhaps compensated sex worker might be more accurate. He did not seduce her nor romance her, he paid her.

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Is "lover" the correct term?  Seems perhaps compensated sex worker might be more accurate. He did not seduce her nor romance her, he paid her.

Now there's a road I don't want to go down. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I admit to not really following how the whole Stormy Daniels affair went down, but didn't he pay her well after they had sex?  She wasn't getting paid during their sexual encounters, so while "lover" may not be exactly accurate, it is more accurate than "compensated sex worker" in the context of their pre-hush money relationship.

32 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I admit to not really following how the whole Stormy Daniels affair went down, but didn't he pay her well after they had sex?  She wasn't getting paid during their sexual encounters, so while "lover" may not be exactly accurate, it is more accurate than "compensated sex worker" in the context of their pre-hush money relationship.

You may be correct. Like you I have not followed this closely.  I just remember something about Shark Week, a magazine with his picture on the cover, and tighty whities.  The exact details elude me, and for that I am actually grateful.

3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

"Stormy's best known john"

Barron?

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

No, it was a one-off (so to speak) and Trump didn't pay her for sex. He did pay her later to keep quiet about it.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, squistion said:

Michael Avenatti‏ @MichaelAvenatti 10m10 minutes ago

Just had a very productive mtg in Columbus with City Atty Klein, Police Chief Jacobs, and others relating to what happened to @StormyDaniels. They have promised a thorough investigation, inc. whether it was politically motivated. Once that is complete, we will decide next steps.

Haven't followed this at all really.

Did she break any laws?

44 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Haven't followed this at all really.

Did she break any laws?

Apparently not. Charges were dropped the next day.

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

Apparently not. Charges were dropped the next day.

That doesn't mean no laws were broken

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

That doesn't mean no laws were broken

That's why they are investigating the arrest. 

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Mile High said:

That's why they are investigating the arrest. 

From the little I've read this evening she did break the law.

Seems like a dumb law that I wouldn't vote for given the choice but...

17 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

How many other people have been arrested for breaking the same law?

Sure it may be a law, but that shouldn't mean we get to pick and choose who we are going to enforce it against.

1 person likes this

Just now, Dickies said:

How many other people have been arrested for breaking the same law?

I wouldn't know 

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The arresting cop is a MAGA guy mixed in with equal parts Barney Fife and Roscoe P. Coltrane. 

Posted (edited)

Kaitlan Collins‏Verified account @kaitlancollins

Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

:shock:

Edited by The Indestructible
ETA: this recording was about payments to McDougal, not Stormy
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

It was Karen McDougal and the FBI has the recording.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html

Lordy I hope there are tapes

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

Lordy I hope there are tapes

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 11m11 minutes ago

Rudy Giuliani confirmed to NYT that Trump had discussed the payments with Michael Cohen on the tape but said the payment was ultimately never made. He said the recording was less than two minutes.

:popcorn: 

1 person likes this

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 12m12 minutes ago

Tape changes everything. It always does.

22 minutes ago, squistion said:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 11m11 minutes ago

Rudy Giuliani confirmed to NYT that Trump had discussed the payments with Michael Cohen on the tape but said the payment was ultimately never made. He said the recording was less than two minutes.

I imagine that's still longer than the act that precipitated the need for a payment.

4 people like this

I thought that nothing would really surprise me anymore with Trump, but as a lawyer, it is unfathomable that I'd ever record my client potentially committing a crime.  

45 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

This changes absolutely nothing to Trump supporters.  Just like everything else. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

I thought that nothing would really surprise me anymore with Trump, but as a lawyer, it is unfathomable that I'd ever record my client potentially committing a crime.  

Would a payment to Karen McDougal to keep silent be a crime?

12 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

Exactly. It's most likely because he knew Trump would throw anyone not named Ivanka under a bus to save his own skin. 

Insurance policy perhaps?

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Given the timing it seems likely to be a campaign finance violation.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, squistion said:

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 12m12 minutes ago

Tape changes everything. It always does.

Tell me about it

-Ray Rice

Edited by JuniorNB
4 people like this

1 minute ago, squistion said:

If unreported, it would probably be considered an illegal campaign contribution if it was made in September 2016 or thereabouts.  It's not completely settled and Trump's lawyers would argue the payment was not meant to prevent damage to the campaign, but rather to prevent an impact to his marriage.  I don't think that argument would work.  Of course, we know that while Cohen paid Daniels, he didn't pay McDougal.  The Enquirer's publisher did.  And this tape doesn't seem to confirm that Trump had knowledge of that contract.  So I'm not sure the tape is determinative of any real legal issue.  What it does undermine, pretty forcefully, is Trump's narrative that he just had his lawyer settle these "nuisance" suits without his input.  

1 person likes this