What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

6th annual FBG Chess tournament- Kutta 1st place winner! (1 Viewer)

So here is who's in:

timschochet

Juxtatarot

need2know

AAABatteries

Hastur

Nick Vermeil

kutta

scoobus

irishidiot

Aerial Assault

nysfl2

Pyschopav

Zow

ragincajun

Joffer interested, shuke was in, I screwed up, don't know if he's back in.

That makes 14-16. It's enough, though I'd love 20. Shall we go with it? Or wait to see who else joins up?
I bet shuke plays if you tickle his belly. 

I'm out.  if lichess or something I can go online I could do.  Chess time is only an app for a phone as someone mentioned in here a long time ago.  Thanks & good luck.

Can we use it for this tournament? I don’t know how to do that. 
sign up is free.  Site is free.  I can create a game with a friend & I give that friend a URL for that game. Wala & we are playing.  Can pick white or black.  Correct me if I'm wrong ragincajun.

Also Timmy your little chess tourney here got me at least interested in chess again a few years ago. I go to Lichess 3 times a week & choose puzzle-"find best move for White" & I try to find the best move based on the board. It's basically a 5 minute exercise.   If you are wrong it shows you the correct move.  I'm okay I guess as based on the puzzles they rate me  around 1500.  Can play against a computer also who would be rated about the same as you.  All kinds of good stuff on this site.

Also Timmy your little chess tourney here got me at least interested in chess again a few years ago. I go to Lichess 3 times a week & choose puzzle-"find best move for White" & I try to find the best move based on the board. It's basically a 5 minute exercise.   If you are wrong it shows you the correct move.  I'm okay I guess as based on the puzzles they rate me  around 1500.  Can play against a computer also who would be rated about the same as you.  All kinds of good stuff on this site.
Oh it’s a great site. And good for you! 

We can use lichess for the tournament for you or anyone else if you want. Assuming you can invite a friend to play with no time limits.  

Oh it’s a great site. And good for you! 

We can use lichess for the tournament for you or anyone else if you want. Assuming you can invite a friend to play with no time limits.  
The "play with a friend" option is no time limit.  I'm in so long as I can do it on my PC, but don't go through any gymnastics because of me.

It doesn't appear Lichess has a Microsoft App.  Without that, I wouldn't be able to play on Lichess during the day.  If you move to Lichess, I think I'll just pass on the tournament.

sign up is free.  Site is free.  I can create a game with a friend & I give that friend a URL for that game. Wala & we are playing.  Can pick white or black.  Correct me if I'm wrong ragincajun.
I haven’t played around much with the tournament settings.  Will take a look tonight.

OK so here is where we are:

timschochet

Juxtatarot

need2know

AAABatteries

Hastur

Nick Vermeil

kutta

scoobus

Aerial Assault

nysfl2

Pyschopav

Zow

ragincajun

joffer

Unialias

That's 15 in for sure, which doesn't work. We need an even number. I'd like to start next week but I haven't gotten a real commitment from either @irishidiot or @shuke. So we'll continue to wait for one of them or somebody else. 

OK so here is where we are:

timschochet

Juxtatarot

need2know

AAABatteries

Hastur

Nick Vermeil

kutta

scoobus

Aerial Assault

nysfl2

Pyschopav

Zow

ragincajun

joffer

Unialias

That's 15 in for sure, which doesn't work. We need an even number. I'd like to start next week but I haven't gotten a real commitment from either @irishidiot or @shuke. So we'll continue to wait for one of them or somebody else. 
 I will have to use my PC so either pm me your moves or they can text my phone with their move.  If that works I'm in.  If not no biggy either way.

I will have to use my PC so either pm me your moves or they can text my phone with their move.  If that works I'm in.  If not no biggy either way.
also will text or PM my moves to my opponent who is on time chess.  He will have to move my piece.  Like said previous I can drop out if makes it easier.  just let me know.

That works for me. 

OK 16 is in. So I will set up round 1 randomly tomorrow and we start Monday. 

If anyone wants to join up after round 1 you get a half point bye and you start round 2. 

That works for me. 

OK 16 is in. So I will set up round 1 randomly tomorrow and we start Monday. 

If anyone wants to join up after round 1 you get a half point bye and you start round 2. 
If my opponent that you list tomorrow wants to start Saturday I'm able & willing to play & get thrashed.  just let me know via PM & we can go from there.

Tim, think you have 18. If somebody should drop out & you need a spot starter, I can do it. Or if you find 1 more to make 20 I can join up too.

I gave up on playing slower chess online. Just too many cheats using an engine. I only play 5-0 blitz online anymore. 

FBGHooper31 on chess.com

Hooper on lichess.com

Come at me, bro. 

is chess the one where you use rubber bands to shoot nails at eachother because if it is i am in but i dont have a smartphone take that to the bank bromigos 

I gave up on playing slower chess online. Just too many cheats using an engine. I only play 5-0 blitz online anymore. 

FBGHooper31 on chess.com

Hooper on lichess.com

Come at me, bro. 
We use the honor system here.  It works well for us.  You should play imo.

Juxtatarot said:
Tim hasn’t logged in since Saturday.  I hope he’s OK.  Maybe he’s serving a time out?
More than likely. Tims a daily guy here. He's done some time before. Spending as much time as he does in the politics forum, things get heated.

Apologies to all. I was on a forced vacation for a week. I will try to set this up this weekend though it might not be till the middle of the week. Sorry again. 

OK everyone, once again my apologies. But because there has been such a long delay (which is COMPLETELY my fault), I want to have each one of you recommit to this before I set up matchups for week 1. Here is everybody who previously committed to this tournament:

timschochet

@Juxtatarot

@need2know

@AAABatteries

@Hastur

@Nick Vermeil

@kutta

@scoobus

@irishidiot

@Aerial Assault

@nysfl2

@Psychopav

@Zow

@ragincajun

@UniAlias

@ShamrockPride

I think that's everyone. Please post in this thread that you're still interested and ready to go: also for everyone other than irishidiot, please also post your ChessTime name one more time so I don't have to look it up again. And if you are not on this list but interested in playing, please let us know. Through round one, we will accept anybody who wants to sign up.

Still in for backup duties (unless you find an even number).

Chesstime: BasedGodVelli

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread