Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bojang0301

Dynasty: Dallas Goedert, TE Philadelphia Eagles

1 minute ago, Edgar said:

For a team’s primary pass catchers, that’s fairly cheap. They just happen to play TE

That's a good point. They could take the NE approach. Got to think Goedert turns into option 1A and Ertz 1B sooner rather than later though.....

• Laughing 1

11 hours ago, menobrown said:

Top 5 seems way to rich to me. Hearing nothing on trade rumors, feel like he's as good as paired with Ertz for 2020. They won't need to resign Ertz to pair them together in 2021 either and that that point things will work themselves out since Ertz and Goedert's contracts run out.

I've seen some mixed opinions on Goedert since the draft. Some lower due to adding so many WR's and likelihood of less 12 personnel. I've seen some higher on Goedert since the WR's they added are all mainly speed WR's, not typical high volume WR's, not a lot of them with much size and they'd open up the middle for him and Ertz to eat.

Good point about less 12 personnel. Got to think their base offense will be 11 personnel with Ertz/Alshon/Reagor/DJax-Goodwin. Goedert might see quite a drop in snaps.

Anyway, as a Wentz owner, I’m just glad they got him some more weapons.

• Thinking 1

6 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Good point about less 12 personnel. Got to think their base offense will be 11 personnel with Ertz/Alshon/Reagor/DJax-Goodwin. Goedert might see quite a drop in snaps.

There will be just as much if not MORE 12 personnel this season. They added all these speed guys to open that area up, as it has been severely compacted the last 2 years with the single speed option we had each season get hurt the first game (Mike Wallace '18, Desean '19). Goodwin is nothing more than a guy to do that. I expect them to rotate Goodwin in a lot, bc he is a vet and not one of the 3 rookie speed WR's we drafted, but as far as DG value/production - I'd expect about the same as last year, hedging for a slight uptick. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Football Jones said:

The issue I see here is that Goedert is a better football player than everyone on that list except Ertz right now. I dont see how they can reduce his snaps. 

14 minutes ago, Pimpin Ain't Easy said:

The issue I see here is that Goedert is a better football player than everyone on that list except Ertz right now. I dont see how they can reduce his snaps. 

I believe he's better than Ertz right now.

• Like 1

Goedert is arguably the best blocking TE in the NFL and an elite athlete with great hands. Ertz's only advantage is his established role. 

16 hours ago, Milkman said:

Same place I came up with Goedert was the best TE in the 2018 class. You had the same reaction then you're having now. Just relax bro. It's a FF board. 

Just seems like saying the "MAJORITY of the team DISLIKES Carson Wentz" is the most out-there claim I've seen on the boards.  Do you really believe that the majority of the team dislikes him???

And saying it's 'no secret' means this info is out there... so where is it?

3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Just seems like saying the "MAJORITY of the team DISLIKES Carson Wentz" is the most out-there claim I've seen on the boards.  Do you really believe that the majority of the team dislikes him???

And saying it's 'no secret' means this info is out there... so where is it?

100% Josina Anderson related. Talking about a story from a team 3 seasons ago where probably 18 players from that team are on this team. 

• Laughing 1

This is like people hyping Martellus Bennett behind Witten until they finally got separated by FA. People will continually overvalue and overdraft Goedurt with the idea that he could overtake or significantly cut into Ertz's work until the day they are no longer on the same team.

Goedurt isn't even young for how long he'll have been in the league by the time he has a shot to be a TE1, but that's fine given how long they can play. The best time to buy him if you are interested is after a bunch of early games this year where it's clear Ertz is still a stud, while the specter of Goedurt and Ertz both still being far from FA is still there. You buy Goedurt now in the offseason and you're most likely paying a price that has the assumption of his upside built into the cost.

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Goedurt isn't even young for how long he'll have been in the league by the time he has a shot to be a TE1

He was a TE1 last year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is like people hyping Martellus Bennett behind Witten until they finally got separated by FA. People will continually overvalue and overdraft Goedurt with the idea that he could overtake or significantly cut into Ertz's work until the day they are no longer on the same team.

Goedurt isn't even young for how long he'll have been in the league by the time he has a shot to be a TE1, but that's fine given how long they can play. The best time to buy him if you are interested is after a bunch of early games this year where it's clear Ertz is still a stud, while the specter of Goedurt and Ertz both still being far from FA is still there. You buy Goedurt now in the offseason and you're most likely paying a price that has the assumption of his upside built into the cost.

Different less friendly systems can sink a prospect but Goedert has shown to much in college and the pros to bust if he's in at least an average situation. His stats could very easily go down this year but it won't be a talent issue but more a usage issue. At that point his price could come down like you stated.

I'd caution banking on that though because of what's going on with Ertz's contract. If Philly was going to keep Ertz it would have made sense to sign him last year or this offseason to an extension. They were talking but it didn't happen and now it's radio silence. 

My take is Ertz wanted a ton but he has no leverage to force Philly to sign him because Philly has Goedert waiting in the wings. So the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. Now Philly will turn to signing Goedert because he's cheaper. Once Ertz leaves through a trade or FA Goedert will quickly outplay his contract. Philly wins. 

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

He was a TE1 last year.

Fair, because the position is a disaster, but I moreso meant being a guy you'd be happy having as your every week TE as a competitor. It's not that he's a guy I wouldn't want to own, it's just that every owner prices in the assumption that he's about to be Ertz. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Fair, because the position is a disaster, but I moreso meant being a guy you'd be happy having as your every week TE as a competitor. It's not that he's a guy I wouldn't want to own, it's just that every owner prices in the assumption that he's about to be Ertz. 

Well he was TE9 last year and Ertz played every game.  A top 10 TE that would be top 3-5 if Ertz gets hurt does have some value.  Would love to own both of these guys in a TE Premium league and start both weekly.

Dallas Goedert was briefly hospitalized after being "sucker punched" at a South Dakota restaurant on Friday evening. 

ESPN reports Goedert is "fine" after the apparently unprovoked attack. Strange things happen to professional athletes. Headed into his third year in the league, Goedert would be on the verge of a fantasy eruption for most teams, but Zach Ertz's presence limits him to TE2 streamer status in Philly. 

source

Dallas Goedert was briefly hospitalized after being "sucker punched" at a South Dakota restaurant on Friday evening. 

ESPN reports Goedert is "fine" after the apparently unprovoked attack. Strange things happen to professional athletes. Headed into his third year in the league, Goedert would be on the verge of a fantasy eruption for most teams, but Zach Ertz's presence limits him to TE2 streamer status in Philly. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 20, 2020, 8:30 PM ET

kinda wanna see who could so easily knock him.  Not that I wanted him hurt, just a curiosity.

13 minutes ago, Mingooch said:

kinda wanna see who could so easily knock him.  Not that I wanted him hurt, just a curiosity.

It's not so much who could "easily" knock him, it's more a result of being taken completely off-guard. 

44 minutes ago, Mingooch said:

I am just guessing the person isnt like 5'4" and 140 lbs, 

It was @matuski

• Like 1

Adam Schefter shared the video of Dallas Goedert being sucker punched at a South Dakota restaurant last Friday.

Goedert appears to be talking to a man at a dimly lit bar when another man lands a clean punch to Goedert's head when he wasn't looking, knocking him out cold on contact. By our standards, this video definitely backs up the report of this being a sucker punch and nothing more than that. Luckily, Goedert is "fine", is out of the hospital, and will be ready for training camp in August. Expect Goedert to remain a valuable target for Carson Wentz in 2020. He is a consensus TE2 target in Rotoworld's staff ranks.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jun 21, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

Wow, that was a sucker punch, lucky he wasn’t killed.  Hopefully the person charged for that assault.

3 hours ago, the spanker said:

It's not so much who could "easily" knock him, it's more a result of being taken completely off-guard. 

Yes, he was occupied and the guy rushed him in his peripheral and hit with right hand in his blind spot. Guy will get a misdemeanor at least. My guess is this guy has a record and that turns into a felony. These pro athletes need not be out late at bars or hire security if they are going to be. 

2 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Yes, he was occupied and the guy rushed him in his peripheral and hit with right hand in his blind spot. Guy will get a misdemeanor at least. My guess is this guy has a record and that turns into a felony. These pro athletes need not be out late at bars or hire security if they are going to be. 

I get wanting the athletes to always be on guard or hire a driver, but sometimes they are just hanging out.  It is easy to sit back and say I would hire driver 24/7 and have a security squad 24/7 around me.  There is also reality where you go to a bar to have a good time and things spiral out of control.

14 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

I get wanting the athletes to always be on guard or hire a driver, but sometimes they are just hanging out.  It is easy to sit back and say I would hire driver 24/7 and have a security squad 24/7 around me.  There is also reality where you go to a bar to have a good time and things spiral out of control.

I’m not saying 24/7. But going to a bar and hanging until 2am is when he needs the driver/security guy. Not saying it is right what that scumbag did sucker punching.  But there are hotheads and jerks in almost every bar late hours. 

Hopefully this doesn’t lead to Jordan Reed v2

3 hours ago, Blackbear said:

I’m not saying 24/7. But going to a bar and hanging until 2am is when he needs the driver/security guy. Not saying it is right what that scumbag did sucker punching.  But there are hotheads and jerks in almost every bar late hours. 

Wasn’t he having dinner when he was sucker punched?

Posted (edited)

Motive?  Did Goedert have any conversations with him prior to being sucker punched?  If not, why would someone do that to another human being?

I suppose just like that thug who knocked down that 92 year old women for no reason. People are evil.

Edited by JohnnyU

7 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Wasn’t he having dinner when he was sucker punched?

I read it was 2am. In South Dakota. 🤔

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Motive?  Did Goedert have any conversations with him prior to being sucker punched?  If not, why would someone do that to another human being?

Jealousy due to girls drooling over a pro athlete at their hometown bar? Who knows...

9 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

I read it was 2am. In South Dakota. 🤔

So, a drunk guy did it?  There are evil people out there and you hope to avoid them as you go through life, but some people are unlucky.

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

So, a drunk guy did it?  There are evil people out there and you hope to avoid them as you go through life, but some people are unlucky.

Seems like it. The video is online. He got blindsided to the temple it looks like. Guy runs him and gives a right hand to his blind side. 

4 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Seems like it. The video is online. He got blindsided to the temple it looks like. Guy runs him and gives a right hand to his blind side. 

I hope he gets a few years with Bubba to think about.  People like that don’t deserve to breathe the same air as law abiding citizens.

• Like 1

Eagles’ Dallas Goedert punched at restaurant in South Dakota during possible brawl

Excerpt:

UPDATE (Sunday, 3:52 p.m. ET): Video of the alleged incident from @SamStompy was shared by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport on Sunday.

According to the Mitchell Republic, the incident occurred at the Zoo Bar in Aberdeen, South Dakota, around 1 a.m. Police were called to the scene because of reports that “people [were] busting glasses and have busted heads.”

Step 1) My client was clearly blindsided in an assault. He is a high profile athlete where his job requires him to be in Philadelphia. He cannot endure more hardship by traveling to South Dakota for hearings. We request he be transferred to Philadelphia corrections facility.

Step 2) Allow court appointed defense attorney or set Bail at 10,000 dollars.

Step 3) Delay trial as long as possible if he can’t afford an attorney.

Step 4) Celebrate that it never reached trial due to accident in corrections facility. 

8 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Step 4) Celebrate that it never reached trial due to accident in corrections facility. 

Dude, really? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I suppose just like that thug who knocked down that 92 year old women for no reason. People are evil.

It looks like maybe he was trying to break up an altercation by backing the one guy away - maybe the puncher was the other guy's buddy. Pretty terrible.

Clearly a sucker punch, but also clearly not the "having dinner with his family" moment as was originally reported. Awfully weird having dinner past 1 AM on a Friday night. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:24 PM, JohnnyU said:

Florida Man is always down for a little random acts of violence. Must be something in the water* out that-a-way.

*meth. The answer is meth. 

21 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Clearly a sucker punch, but also clearly not the "having dinner with his family" moment as was originally reported. Awfully weird having dinner past 1 AM on a Friday night. 

People get hungry late? lol - yeah, that’s kinda weird. 

34 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Florida Man is always down for a little random acts of violence. Must be something in the water* out that-a-way.

*meth. The answer is meth. 

Florida man in South Dakota...something says there is a nice story behind that.

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Boston said:

Florida man in South Dakota...something says there is a nice story behind that.

Yeah, it can’t just be “Florida Man travels, punches NFL TE”.

but it’s Florida Man, so :shrug:

Aberdeen Police (South Dakota) arrested Kyle Douglas Hadala, 29, a resident of Sarasota, Florida, for the alleged assault.

Eagles training camp 2020 observations Day 1: Football is back!

Excerpt:

But Goedert’s day got much better. A little later in practice, he made the grab of the day in the back of the end zone. He tipped the ball up to himself and caught it with one hand as he dove. It was a beauty. The Eagles were already in a bunch of 12 personnel on Monday. Goedert will be a big part of the offense in 2020. 

Really love Goedert this year. I don't see Philly putting the genie back in the box so to speak. This is a 2-TE offense. There is room for both Ertz and Goedert to be top-10 TE's, and Goedert's ceiling if Ertz goes down, is in the Kittle range. With his current price being in the late teens at TE, I think he's going to end up on every team I draft.

Dallas Goedert (upper body) missed his third straight practice on Friday.

Overall, Goedert continues to be listed as day-to-day with the vague upper body injury. He joins the likes of Derek Barnett, Javon Hargrave, Miles Sanders and Boston Scott as names to miss three-plus practices. Last season the Eagles led the league in two tight end sets, utilizing Zach Ertz and Goedert together 44-percent of the time. Without Goedert, the Eagles would run more three receiver looks, which is why Greg Ward continues to see first-team reps in practice.

SOURCE: NJ.com

Aug 21, 2020, 2:25 PM ET

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1298269879741497345?s=20

Speaking of extensions: The #Eagles reengaged on contract talks with TE Zach Ertz, which makes sense after 2 stars at the position got paid. Ertz’s stats put him on a historic pace, with more yards (5,743 vs 5,647) and catches (525 vs 468) than HOFer Tony Gonzalez thru 7 seasons.

Poor Goedert. Going to be stuck behind Ertz in Philly 2 more years. Was hoping Ertz would get traded after they broke off talks with him last year.