What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Name clever heist movies and violent heist movies (1 Viewer)

Dunno about clever & dont care about violent. favorites : Three Kings, Rififi & Bob Le Flambeur, Take the Money and Run #gub

Last edited by a moderator:
Layer Cake= violent

Logan Lucky=clever-ish

Liked a number of those already mentioned so I'll add these two in the category of same lead actor=Daniel Craig.  Both worht a watch but I like Layer Cake a touch more.  Also co-stars Dumbledore the 2nd.

Clever heist movie:

It's not a great movie, but Showtime has been running the Brosnan/Russo remake of The Thomas Crowne Affair and I get sucked in every time.
:goodposting: Always loved that movie. He is great, liked him as Bond also.

Another one that I get sucked into that would fall into the clever category is The Italian Job. (Donald Sutherland, Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Jason Stratham, Seth Green, Mos Def, Edward Norton)

The Great Train Robbery

Donald Sutherland and Sean Connery.  

This marks the 3rd time Donald Sutherland is appearing in this thread.  I sense a theme...

Clever:   Topkapi  - A merry band of Maximilian Schell, Melina Mercouri, Peter Ustinov & Robert Morley break into a museum in Istanbul

Violent:  Thunderbolt & Lightfoot (Eastwood and Bridges in an early Michael Cimino film)

:goodposting: Always loved that movie. He is great, liked him as Bond also.

Another one that I get sucked into that would fall into the clever category is The Italian Job. (Donald Sutherland, Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Jason Stratham, Seth Green, Mos Def, Edward Norton)

These were the first two I thought of. Ocean's, entrapment, mission impossible, ronin

Clever:   Topkapi  - A merry band of Maximilian Schell, Melina Mercouri, Peter Ustinov & Robert Morley break into a museum in Istanbul

Violent:  Thunderbolt & Lightfoot (Eastwood and Bridges in an early Michael Cimino film)
Good choice on violent. Such a hard scene to watch after George Kennedy beats the crap out of Jeff Bridges. Then as him and Eastwood drive away, you see him slowly dying.

The movie is 45 years old, so no #####ing about spoiler

Can't believe no one has mentioned the greatest heist movie of all time, The Italian Job.  So clever.

Clever: The Score (DeNiro, Brando, Norton), Heist - 2001 (Hackman, DeVito, Sam Rockwell), The Spanish Prisoner (Steve Martin, Ben Gazzara).

Heist and The Spanish Prisoner were both David Mamet.

Clever: The Usual Suspects, Inside Man, The Score, The Italian Job

Violent: Reservoir Dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Violent - Heat, Snatch, maybe Three Kings (more funny than violent)

Clever - Inside Man, The Score, The Thomas Crown Affair, All the Ocean's Movies

A newer one that is kind of clever and violent is Den of Theives. Came out last year, I think.  It's a little long and the ending action isn't that great, but it was solid IMO.  

Users who are viewing this thread