What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Are we still planting a flag on GRONK mountain or is it time to get off?

Try and shop him in the 11th hour of league trade deadlines? 

Full point PPR league 

Who would you rather start in the flex position between Josh Gordon, Chris Thompson, Latavius Murray? 

PPR Flex pick one

Tre'Quan Smith, Richard, or Marvin Jones?

Have Brees & Thomas going as well.  Smith is the certainly the ceiling play but what do you think his floor is?

Hey sig who would you play this week

Wentz or winston?

Ppr- pick 2 out of these 4. Gronk, kenny golladay, nick chubb or tre'quan smith (one needs to be a wr)

Ppr rest of season: ridley or Corey davis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Need 3 from Golladay, Gordon, Howard, Duke Johnson, R. Jones and Tre'Quan Smith, PPR, one needs to be RB.

Also available Bibbs, D. Martin, T. Cannon at RB and C. Kirk, M. Bryant, C. Sutton, or C. Hogan at WR. 

Would you drop Jones with the Barber news for a guy like Sutton, Ware or M. Brown?

12 team standard league who should I start in my flex?

DMart vs Ind

Funchess vs Bal

Lockett @ Det

Rojo @ Cin

Are we queing the Chuck D on Kyle Rudolph?  Geodert, Doyle, Uzomah only viable TE on waivers.  Or I can try and target someone like Njoku and offer Lockett or Funchess to a WR needy team?

Hey Bloom -

In non PPR, I need a #2RB behind Conner this week and 1 flex.

Pick 2 from: Cohen, Lindsay, Mack, Chubb, Collins, Gabriel

Thanks!

BLOOM!

Saw your ROS tiers - great idea, thank you!

1. PPR ROS - Dickson, Roberts, Heuerman or Clay as your injury/bye week fill-in? 

Highest floor?

Most upside?

2. This week, if Gronk is still questionable Sunday morning, would you roll with Herndon or drop Herndon for Clay to hedge against Gronk being inactive?

3. PPR, all things being equal, can you please rank these for best ROS stash- Sutton, McGuire or Blount?

Thanks so much as always and good luck!

You have been nailing it on my RB2 so I am going to keep going back to the well.  Thanks again!

Standard

Mack, Cohen, Collins, or AP

might as well ask WR2 bye week for Keenan

Standard

Josh Gordon or Kenny Golloday

Dst

Steelers or Rams

Hey Sig!

In a standard league, I need two out of these three: Sanders, Cooks, Trequan Smith. Normally I’d obviously start Sanders/Cooks, but with Sandejo and Rhodes most likely out for the Vikings, I think Smith will have some big play opportunities (I know you have him as a sleeper). Crazy to entertain benching one of the other guys? Thx 

PPR League.

Need to choose one of these two RBs:

* M. Mack @OAK -- Great matchup. A little dinged up. Assume healthy and starting.

or

* N. Chubb @PIT -- Ceiling is high obviously, but the matchup isn't great against PIT run D.

Going up against #2 scoring team. Projection has us about even.

Who?

Thanks

PPR League.

Need to choose two of these three WRs:

* A. Jeffery vs JAX -- Tough matchup. Ramsey could be on Jeffery. That said AJ Bouye is out along with two other CBs and three rookies will be starting. Think Philly moves Jeffery around.

* J. Brown @CAR -- Good matchup. CAR tougher against the run. May have to go to the air. CAR secondary is burnable.

* J. Gordon vs BUF -- High ceiling, but the matchup isn't great against T. White. White should be on him all game. Could see a lot of underneath to Edelman and backs against this secondary. Also may be blow out city and don't need to throw.

Which two?

Thanks

Need a QB. 4 points per TD pass.

* A. Dalton vs TB -- Home game at 1pm vs. prime time. Great matchup.

or

* J. Winston @CINCI --  Same game. Cinci has been torched.  Great matchup as well.

Definitely looking for upside.

Who?

Thanks

PPR League. Need three of these options.

Note: RBs get 1 pt for every 4 rushing attempts.

* M. Mack @OAK -- Great matchup....if  he's healthy.

* R. Mostert @AZ -- Great matchup. Not sure if Breida is active/healthy. Breida questionable and put in limited practice Friday.

* K. Golladay vs SEA -- Not a great matchup. DET running the ball a bit more. 

* D. Baldwin @DET -- Healthy, should avoid Slay in the slot.

* J. Gordon vs BUF -- Not a great matchup with T. White. High ceiling.

Which 3? 

Thanks.

Tough flex choices this week, mostly very good options. Standard scoring...

Already starting Conner and T.Hill, need 2 more from the following:

M.Thomas, AP, D.Johnson, Chubb, D.Baldwin, C.Hyde

I want to start DJ (find him hard to trust still) and Thomas but feel like the others are in the conversation too. Stuck!

Thanks and GL to you this week also

Hi Sig. I have a few questions:

12-team, 0.5 PPR: I can play 2 of these 3 players: Ingram, Murray, Golladay (leaning towards the first two)
10-team, standard but 10 pts for TD: Am I right in playing Nick Chubb at flex orver Alex Collins?

Need to drop somebody to pick up Gronk insurance (Charles Clay) for Monday night. Hate that  I have to do this.

Candidates:

* A. Dalton -- I have J. Winston. Dalton is on a bye next week. If I drop Dalton just before game time, good chance I could get him back due to the bye (if I want him). Winston @CAR next week...decent matchup.

* A. Jones -- Lottery ticket. McCarthey may wake up here. That said, I have a TON of RB Depth: Gurley, Connor, Chubb, Mack, A. Collins, J. Howard.

* Tra. Smith -- Just picked him up. Think he could emerge 2nd half. I'm much lighter at WR: Jeffery, J. Brown, J. Gordon.

PPR league.

Who would you drop?

Thanks

Isn’t there a “one per customer” rule here?

Non-ppr:

C Cook or Njoku

.5PPR:

Chubb / Howard / Crabtree / Lockett / Tre Smith - pick 2

Rudolph / Doyle

Siggy B!

I am in three PPR leagues...

Need a RB and Flex between: Breida, Mostert, Crabtree, OJ Howard

Also a Flex between: Crabtree, Golladay, Evan Engram

Finally: David Njoku or OJ Howard

Thanks for your help, I enjoy listening to your comments on the radio too!

trade question

Crucial deal Bloom counting on you .. 

Tell me what ur gut says 

qb Manhones and Wentz 

I have Drake, Mccafrey , Peterson, Richards,Ekler

Wr Jeffrey Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Lockett , Crabs and Tyrell Williams

TE Njoku,Ebron, Howard

ppr is 1 point

tds are 10 points

1 point for every 10 yards

100 yard rusher and recevier is 5 bonus points

we get catch bonus at 8 catches

te get yardage bonus at 75 yards 

I was offered James White , Keenan Allen for Ebron and Michael Thomas

we start 1 qb 2 rb 3 wr and 1 te and 1 at flex 

im 7-0

DO i need to make this deal .. Drake seems to be coming on as my second back.. Is it worth to upgrade to White and downgrade to Allen from thomas .. 

Rem one thing it really works this way who would u prefer starting Drake and Michael Thomas or James White and Allen .. because my second back is Drake so if you feel White /Allen is a better combo then Drake Thomas or Ap Thomas then the deal is a no brainier . I'm unsure White and Allen are that much better then Thomas /Drake /Ap

Hey sig happy hump week. Have two questions 

1) Elijah McGuire still out there in full ppr. Time to pick him up and drop Sutton if he’s still out there on Sunday? Not a tremendous need at RB but looking more like DT not getting traded. 

2.) I need one rb and a flex from J Howard, tre’quan, Chubb, and Richard. I’m thinking game script will benefit Howard and he might actually get 18 touches which would b more valuable than chubbs 18 in a tough matchup that might get away from Cleveland. I want to believe I got a poor man James white in Richard but I don’t trust gruden. I want my namesake Smith to succeed, and I want exposure to a fun Sunday night game so it’s Smith and Howard for me. Thoughts? 

Hey Sig, not off to a good start in week 8. My opponent rolled with Lamar Miller last night, and he's got a strong lineup to begin with.

I have two spots I need to make a decision on in a NON-PPR league.

RB: Crowell vs Chicago, or Yeldon vs. Eagles in London (I have Hyde too by the way)

TE: Ebron vs Oakland, or Jimmy Graham vs Rams

Rest of my lineup is Dalton, Chubb, Beckham, Cooks, Hilton and Tucker at PK. Texans DST killed me last night.

Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring:

Need 4 of the following:

Duke Johnson @ Pitt

J.Allen @ Car

D.Martin vs Ind

W.Smallwood vs Jax

M.Goodwin @ AZ

D.Funchess vs Balt

K.Cole vs Phi

E.Engram vs Wash

And 3 of the following:

L.Murray vs NO

D.Funchess vs Balt

R.Anderson @ Chi

T.J. Yeldon vs Phi

J.Allen @ Car

And 1 of the following:

K.Cole vs Phi

J.Doyle @ Oak

C.Herndon @ Chi

And 1 of the following:

J.Richard vs Ind

W.Snead @ Car

J.Gordon @ Buff

Mr. Bloom,

Please rank the below RB's & WR's (re: position), ROS (standard):

RB's

Howard

Collins

T. Coleman

A. Peterson

Chubb

C. Carson

WR's

Golladay

C. Davis

Baldwin

A. Cooper

Tre'Q Smith

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Sig, 

No questions today... just wanted to say thank you for all you do. One of the first things I do every mornin is read your twitter posts. I created my one and only twitter account just to follow you. Please keep up the great work!

Best regards

Hey Bloom!  Thanks again for all your help!

12 team leagues, 1 PPR,  Standard Scoring

Pick 1 Flex:  Agholor @ Jax;   MVS @ LAR;   

Pick 1 QB:  Winston @ Cinc;   Luck @ Oak

Pick 1 RB:  Blount vs Sea;   Mostert @ Ari

Pick 1 QB: Wilson @ Det;  Big Ben vs Cle

Who is the better cuff for Gurley?  M. Brown  or  J. Kelly

ppr is 1 point

tds are 10 points

1 point for every 10 yards

100 yard rusher and recevier is 5 bonus points

we get catch bonus at 8 catches

te get yardage bonus at 75 yards 

who to start at Flex..

Richards, Ebron,Lockett ,Tyrell Williams, Crabtree , OJ Howard 

Sig full ppr please select a rb chubb/ ronald jones or laatvius murray

better stash corey clement/smallwood/donta foreman or elijah mcguire?

PPR

*Pick 1 -Brees at Min or Winston at Cin

*Pick 1- Njoku at Pit , OJ at Cin or Cook vs Ind 

*Pick 1-Gordon at Buf or Baldwin at Det

Bloom tough year for my squad due to injuries...better fuller replacement: MVS or Sutton (12 team ppr). 

Gabriel also there but am gunshy after watching Mitch throw ducks all game against the pats...

RB: Cohen vs NYJ or Murray vs NO

WR: Pick 2;

Gordon vs BUF

Boyd vs TB

Baldwin vs DET

Tre'Quan vs MIN

TE: Graham vs LAR or Njoku vs PIT

Thanks in advance!

PPR league, start 2 RB and 2 WRs with a flex (RB, WR, TE)

My RBs: Kamara, Barkely, Collins, Ekeler

WRs: AJ Green, Smith-Schuster, Sanders, Baldwin and Te'quan Smith

Given my WR depth would I be better off dropping T. Smith for someone like Ito Smith, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Penny, McGuire or Wayne Gallman (handcuff)? If so, which one?

TIA

Hi Bloom,

Frustrated Fournette owner here. Both Dion Lewis and Hyde are FAs in my league (non-PPR), so considering the possibility that Conner loses significant value when Bell comes back (though that could dovetail with Fournette's return), would you drop any of the below to grab one of Hyde or Lewis?

RB: Conner, Fournette, Cohen, Chubb, Peterson, Collins

WR: Evans, Boyd, John Brown, Doug Baldwin

TE: Engram (have Gronk, but he's a risk for Monday)

Thanks!

Hi Bloom 

Need a Wr2, and a flex from this motley crew. Thank you for your inputs as always 

Crabtree, Yeldon, Hyde, Jalen Richard, Trequan Smith (also have Breida but I'm assuming he won't play) 

Scoring is 0.5 PPR, 1 point per 10 yards rushed and received, 2 point bonus for 100, 150 and 200 yards 

Are we still planting a flag on GRONK mountain or is it time to get off?

Try and shop him in the 11th hour of league trade deadlines? 
depends on the offer but at this point i would say we're sticking with him as im not sure the offers are going to reflect his range of outcomes. lynch had to miss a game with back spasms in 2011 and was a monster the rest of the season, i still have hope

PPR Flex pick one

Tre'Quan Smith, Richard, or Marvin Jones?

Have Brees & Thomas going as well.  Smith is the certainly the ceiling play but what do you think his floor is?
i think saw smith's floor last week, which is close to what has been jones's mean. richard could certainly work out as a garbage time play but with MIN D depleted by injury, im liking the Saints trio

Hey sig who would you play this week

Wentz or winston?

Ppr- pick 2 out of these 4. Gronk, kenny golladay, nick chubb or tre'quan smith (one needs to be a wr)

Ppr rest of season: ridley or Corey davis?
for 2 of 4 id say gronk and golladay as long as we hear optimism re: gronk today otherwise golladay smith

Bloom!

I have 2 Questions this week, both for a 12 team, PPR league

----

First, this is more of a long term strategy question -

ESPN wrote an article about how the effectiveness of the Rams offense could result in disaster for Fantasy GMs - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25064248/how-los-angeles-rams-clinch-2018-nfl-playoffs-early-wreck-fantasy-teams

Essentially the logic is that the Rams will clinch the top seed in the NFC by week 14 or 15 and sit all of their starters for the remainder of the regular season, meaning Gurley et al. won't be available for the fantasy championship.  Is this just hot air or do you think it's worth considering trading Gurley in order to get high value FF players on less dominate real football teams.  Probably this is nothing but, with the fantasy trade deadline looming, this kind of call has to be made this week or next.

----

Second - What do you think about this trade:

giving Mark Ingram & Julian Edelman

getting David Johnson

It would mean playing Tre'Quan Smith in flex.  Am I giving too much?

As always, appreciate everything you do!  Thanks :)

Hello Sig. ThankYou in advance.

League 1

• Chubb, Conner, Howard (need 2 - standard scoring w/ PPR)
  • Funchess, Golloday or one of the above not selected for Flex (standard scoring w/ PPR) leaning Golloday

League 2:

• Mostert, Chubb, Ingram (need 2 - standard scoring w/ PPR and bonus at 100 yds) leaning Chubb, Mostert as NO is tough against the run and I believe Mostert and Chubb will both get more carries and snaps.
  • Suggested DEF to pick up? 

Options suck but SF, DET or SEA or do I roll with MINN who is already rostered against NO?  Sendejo and Rhodes both out.

Users who are viewing this thread