What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 08 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Pu pu platter of ppr players. Here's how I have it:

RB- Gus Edwards @ Arizona
RB- Henderson @ Dallas
WR- CeeDee vs LA Rams
WR-Rashee Rice @ Denver
Flex- Palmer v CHI- he was a smash start but is a Sunday night "true" GTD with a knee (?!?!?!?)
Flex- Downs vs NO- 6-7 tgts seems likely

Bench:
1. Lockett v Cleveland- due for a game but Q with a hammy and a bad matchup. I'm guessing 6 targets min but might be 4/35 kinda game
2. Roschon or Foreman @ LAC- Nice to be able to move them into the lineup late. Split between the two of them in terms of who's going to have the better game.
3. Brian Robinson v Philly. Seems locked into a 50% snap ceiling and has lost quite a bit of the pie to Rodriguez and Gibson, especially in the last 2 weeks. Very troubling usage trend on a below average offense vs the worst scoring matchup for PPR running backs. Woof.
4. Jaylen Warren v Jax- meh. He's fine. 48% snap likely, Najee is getting some target share back. 7 rush/ 3 targets vs a middle of the road team.
5. Spears- v ATL- floor too low for now.
I really like Palmer, he apparently had a hamstring injury last week too and had a fine, almost great (stupid illegal man down field penalty), game last week. But this week seems a little different. DNP on a Wednesday is no big deal but he was DNP on Thur and only did individual drills on Friday. That I don't like at all.

The good news is, considering your options I think Roschon/Foreman are as good a speculative start as anything else you have. So you can wait until game time.

Jaylen is your safe play. 12 touches, 50ish yards with 3-4 receptions. Safe floor but the TDs, while possible seem low %

Yes Lockett seems "due", and I never want to doubt the guy (one of my favorite players) but with the way this season has shaped up I have to consider the possibility that he may be "done". But, as a spec play you could do a lot worse than a guy with his track record. His floor is similar to Warren and his ceiling is definitely higher.

Personally, I wait on Palmer and fall back to Foreman if you don't like what you see/hear.

I like Foreman more than Roschon because I think they will try to get him 15+ carries (they may not succeed but that has to be their plan) and he has a very strong track record when he gets 15 or more carries.

Ppr pick one:

Aiyuk vs CIN
Flowers@ ARI
Diontae vs JAX

Aiyuk seems like chalk but man, if SF struggles again, Flowers seems like he could go for 85 and a TD this week. and DJ's so good.

#2 SF QB

Howell or Bagent

All rankings have Howell but not feeling good about him against the improved Eagle pass D and Bagent goes against the worst pass D in the league.
I would probably go with Howell BUT that Washington team seems to be teetering on a cliff and Howell is getting crushed every single game. This doesn't feel like a get well game for the Commanders. They only scored 7 points against the Giants for goodness sake.

Again, I still probably start him because they are a very pass heavy team facing a pass funnel defense but, I see nothing wrong with risking the rookie over him if that's what you're feeling.

Howell>Bagent

Need 3 PPR

Aiyuk vs Cin
Keenan Allen vs Chi
Theilen vs Hou
Meyers vs Det?

Presently have Allen and Theilen in . Kinda deciding between Aiyuk or Meyers at Flex?
Agreed.

Between Meyers and Aiyuk there isn't much difference, as it's full PPR I have to give the edge on floor to Meyers. He's been getting a ton of volume. He's also been the Raiders #1 GL/RZ targets. He probably doesn't have a 150+ yard game in him but 7-80-1 seems almost reasonable at this point.

Aiyuk definitely has 150+ yard and multi-TD upside but the Niners offense seems content not to deviate too much from marching McCaffrey down the field. This week may present the need for the Niners to open things up as I think the Bengals are as likely as any team to have a massive surge on offense. Maybe this is a crazy down year for them but they have been so far below expectations it feels more like a health related aberration than a long term thing.

All that being said I think Aiyuk also has a safe floor even if it plays out as a typical SF game. And he has a ton of upside.

Aiyuk>Meyers

PPR

Damien Pierce vs Car

or

Warren vs Jax?
I'm rolling the dice on Pierce. It looks like both Howard and Tunsil will be playing together and Carolina represents a very winnable game and a great matchup.

Warren is fine as a bye week fill in. Very safe floor guy but I don't see much ceiling.

Pierce>Warren

1 PPR Flex, need 1

A. Jones- he has killed me this year, still not 100%
Pierce- is he still the starting RB, great matchup vs the Panthers weak run D
Hunt- Ford should be out and Hunt gets both receptions and goal line looks
I'm going with Jones and not regretting it if it doesn't pan out. He's a better player than Hunt and Pierce by a good margin IMO. He carries no injury designation and if the Packers have any hope of winning this winnable games, it will be because of Jones IMO. It seems pretty clear that he is the glue that makes the Packers offense work.

Pierce is definitely intriguing to me this week but not enough to risk the possibility he is in a full blown timeshare.

Hunt certainly will get GL love but I don't know if he brings much else to the table.

Jones>Pierce>Hunt

.5 PPR, 6 pt td with 2 pt bonus for td over 40 - Need 1 Flex

Pierce @ Car
D Johnson vs Jax
Tough, tough call. In a full PPR I probably go with Diontae. He's also probably a safer floor play with decent upside (although I do worry he is allergic to the end zone).

There is something about Pierce that really intrigued me this week though. I just think if he is going to turn around his season,.this is the week it has to happen. The offensive line is healthy and the Panthers haven't been very good (mind you for the Panthers this represents their most winnable game this season so far so don't be surprised if they do win).

It's a bigger risk but I think
Pierce>Diontae

Ppr pick one:

Aiyuk vs CIN
Flowers@ ARI
Diontae vs JAX

Aiyuk seems like chalk but man, if SF struggles again, Flowers seems like he could go for 85 and a TD this week. and DJ's so good.
In PPR I'm going with Flowers. Opportunity meets matchup in a game where Baltimore could continue their scoring output from last week. FWIW I have Flowers in over Pittman, which isn't what I would call the "smart" move. But I'm planting my flag here (not a huge plant as Flowers has been quite good).

Aiyuk may be a smarter play though as he is pretty steady in usage and is facing a potentially tougher game.

I don't consider Diontae over the others, even if he is really, really good too.

My gut (and only my gut) says
Flowers>Aiyuk>Diontae

Full PPR, flex question

Right, wrong or otherwise I am starting Flowers>Pittman

Would anyone consider Pittman over:
Bijan @ Tenn
Swift @ Was
Gibbs v LVR

Hey @Chaka still debating that AJones/Javonte PPR decision I asked about the other day. Anything you’ve heard in the last 48 hours swaying you for or against Jones?

Hey @Chaka still debating that AJones/Javonte PPR decision I asked about the other day. Anything you’ve heard in the last 48 hours swaying you for or against Jones?
I've heard that Jones isn't carrying an injury designation. It's difficult to feel 100% confidence with him and a hamstring but I think we have to act on the information we have.

We're being told Jones is 100% so without hesitation I would go
Jones>Javonte

I've heard that Jones isn't carrying an injury designation. It's difficult to feel 100% confidence with him and a hamstring but I think we have to act on the information we have.

Jones>Javonte
His coach literally said he’s not 100%. But I think I’m rolling with him anyway. Last place team needs to take some chances

Burrow vs Purdy decision… any thoughts? Thanks
Burrow and I don't think twice about and have zero regrets if it doesn't pan out.

The o-line is healthy, he's healthy, Higgins is healthy and they need this win easily as much as the Niners. If they are going to turn their season around they need to start now.

Plus he is a generational QB talent, second only to Mahomes IMO.

Jones>Javonte
His coach literally said he’s not 100%. But I think I’m rolling with him anyway. Last place team needs to take some chances
I guess there is no point to injury designations.

Still like him more than Javonte.

Mattison(GB) vs Henderson(Dallas)

0.5 PPR
D none of the above.

I guess Henderson because, at least he appears to be in line for #1 RB opportunities. Mattison looks like he may be in a timeshare and he wasn't doing much as a lead back in the first place. Minnesota is also allergic to running the ball (last in the league).

Oh, this is brutal.

Half PPR for RBs
Full PPR for WRs

Starting Ja'Marr Chase/DK Metcalf/Davante Adams/Christian Watson/Breece Hall and need two more. One must be an RB but both may be RBs. Slight underdog today.

D'Onta Foreman vs. LAC
Emari Demercado vs. BAL
D. Henderson vs. DAL
Miles Sanders vs. HOU
Roschon Johnson vs. LAC

Rashid Shaheed vs. IND
Odell Beckham vs. AZ

I'm leaning Foreman and Shaheed. What say the people?

Last edited:
I have Geno Smith and Mac Jones as my QB options. Geno plays Cleveland's D while Mac plays Miami. It's a 16-team deep keeper where QB's get the usual points but also points for Comp%. I think the play is Mac against Miami because Cleveland does have a good D.

Thoughts?

Oh, this is brutal.

Half PPR for RBs
Full PPR for WRs

Starting Ja'Marr Chase/DK Metcalf/Davante Adams/Christian Watson/Breece Hall need two more, one must be an RB but both may be RBs. Slight underdog today.

D'Onta Foreman vs. LAC
Emari Demercado vs. BAL
D. Henderson vs. DAL
Miles Sanders vs. HOU
Roschon Johnson vs. LAC

Rashid Shaheed vs. IND
Odell Beckham vs. AZ

I'm leaning Foreman and Shaheed. What say the people?
Exactly where I went, that seems to be the best combination of volume/upside/matchup.

I don't think I can make a sincere argument for any of the others. Roschon is all hope and potential but we really have no clue about the guy. And we know that Foreman will at least get touches early game and all game if it doesn't get out of hand.

Henderson will probably see the volume as well, but that game could also easily get out of hand and it's a brutal matchup in my opinion.

Odell and Emari are unstartable in my opinion. And Sanders looks like a mediocre running back on a low scoring team and probably in a full-blown timeshare on which he may be sharing the wrong side of it.

.3 PPR, TD's, especially long TD's rule the scoring (yardage de-emphasized)...please pick 1
Brian Robinson vs PHI
Jahan Dotson vs PHI
Rashid Shaheed vs IND

Late addition:

.5 PPR

Need to bench one: Puka or Pacheco.

Need a scrub QB: Pickett or Ridder
I just think the Steelers are a somewhat more reliable passing offense.

Pickett>Ridder

It's really difficult to bench Puka But I also love Pacheco this week. Really there's no way to parse between them but push comes the shove I think I lean

Pacheco>Puka

And that could be a huge mistake.

1.0 PPR

What's you guys thoughts on QB start? Who to play?

Herbert vs Chi. Sunday night
Goff vs LV Monday
I'll go Herbert because the Chargers won't run the ball 40 times if they're up big. The Lions may run every down in that situation.

But both of them are good options.
Herbert>Goff

I have Geno Smith and Mac Jones as my QB options. Geno plays Cleveland's D while Mac plays Miami. It's a 16-team deep keeper where QB's get the usual points but also points for Comp%. I think the play is Mac against Miami because Cleveland does have a good D.

Thoughts?
I think your logic is sound and the dolphins won't have Xavien Howard today, but they do get Ramsey back.

Mac>Geno

.3 PPR, TD's, especially long TD's rule the scoring (yardage de-emphasized)...please pick 1
Brian Robinson vs PHI
Jahan Dotson vs PHI
Rashid Shaheed vs IND
I think I would roll the dice on Shaheed here he has the most upside, has been playing pretty well and I hate your other options.

You can hope for a TD with Robinson but his share of the load has been diminishing and he's facing the #1 rush D. Dotson needs to show anything before you can put him in your lineup. You hurt your self far more often trying to capture his maybe one big game then you help yourself by actually capturing it.

Shaheed>Robinson>Dotson

Ten team full ppr. Do I keep trotting out Ridley instead of Diontae, Rice, or Christian Watson?
Pretty much the same risks with all of them don't you think? I don't trust Watson ATM. Rice does look like a TD machine and the Jags have a pass funnel defense.

I could see any of them but probably stick with Ridley with the best combo of volume/QB/matchup but certainly wouldn't fault you for going with Rice.

I went out on my own this week Chaka

I went Pacheco-Hall-Gibbs(Flex) and benched Bijan

Playing Rice over Sutton and Amari Cooper catching passes from PJ Walker

-might regret Bijan

I went out on my own this week Chaka

I went Pacheco-Hall-Gibbs(Flex) and benched Bijan

Playing Rice over Sutton and Amari Cooper catching passes from PJ Walker
Love it.

I am still debating Pittman over Bijan.

Sticking with Bijan but definitely have concerns.

#2 SF QB

Howell or Bagent

All rankings have Howell but not feeling good about him against the improved Eagle pass D and Bagent goes against the worst pass D in the league.
I would probably go with Howell BUT that Washington team seems to be teetering on a cliff and Howell is getting crushed every single game. This doesn't feel like a get well game for the Commanders. They only scored 7 points against the Giants for goodness sake.

Again, I still probably start him because they are a very pass heavy team facing a pass funnel defense but, I see nothing wrong with risking the rookie over him if that's what you're feeling.

Howell>Bagent
Looks like I should have listened to you, Sam is dealing so far

Pollard>Saquon
thanks for answering but that was not the right call Pollard turned out to be the worst of the 5 guys.

I also made the wrong call I sat Swift in the end it didn't cost me the win I won 296-275 but it did cost me #1 score and 1 VP for the week. (top score gets $15 and VP's determine playoff spots and seeding)

Pollard>Saquon
thanks for answering but that was not the right call Pollard turned out to be the worst of the 5 guys.

I also made the wrong call I sat Swift in the end it didn't cost me the win I won 296-275 but it did cost me #1 score and 1 VP for the week. (top score gets $15 and VP's determine playoff spots and seeding)
I apologize for only getting four of five correct. I will endeavor to do better in the future.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread