What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza 3: Playlists are done, phwew (1 Viewer)

The trap I've listened to sounds more R&B to me.  I thought you agreed yesterday so I put it with R&B when the category was split.

Including trap with rap isn't going to break the draft.  If you feel strongly about it, we can move it.
It's all good, I hate messing with the set-ups of these things. I will just go with rap even if I am not necessarily sure where the line between rap and trap always is.

It's all good, I hate messing with the set-ups of these things. I will just go with rap even if I am not necessarily sure where the line between rap and trap always is.
You can't mess up a mess.

If you want to draft trap songs as rap, go for it.

Here's who's in so far

Eephus
NV
Mr. Irrelevant - Female
Dr. Octopus - Country
rockaction - Punk etc.
Mrs. Rannous - Pop
Ilov80s Rap or R&B
Abrantes - Rock
Man of Constant Sorrow - None of the Above
Scott Tenorman
Steve Tasker
The Dreaded Marco - Rock
Mr. Ected
Long Ball Larry
sn0mm1s

As for draft order, I'm going to split people into two pots:  those who are itching to go (e.g. Ilov80s, Dr. Octopus) and those who are totally unprepared (e.g. me). 

If you want to be the early pot, just say so and confirm your home category.  I'll roll for draft order in an hour or so with priority given to the itchy folks.
I remain itchy. I'll stick with Country as my home.

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for .

2d12, rolled 2 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 3, 9
Roll subtotal: 12
Roll total: 12

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 10, 7
Roll subtotal: 17
Roll total: 17
Categories for round 1 are:  R&B and None of the Above (plus home)

Categories for round 2 are:  Female and Acoustic/Folk/Folktronica/Chillwave/Dream Pop/Kermit/Beaker (plus home)

I'm fine with going early if it's needed to get this thing kick-started but don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

ETA: and I'll stick with my XX genre as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently only have three drafters in the itchy category

Ilov80s Rap
Mr. Irrelevant - Female
Dr. Octopus - Country

If anybody else is ready and wants to be at the top of the draft order, please say so in the next 20 minutes along with your home category.

I can go if it moves the draft along and people want to start, wait if we want to wait.

I'm like a flexidisc. Or Dynaflex, if one will, Eephus. 

I currently only have three drafters in the itchy category

Ilov80s Rap
Mr. Irrelevant - Female
Dr. Octopus - Country

If anybody else is ready and wants to be at the top of the draft order, please say so in the next 20 minutes along with your home category.
I'll go. rockaction - punk/emo/metal/hardcore/grover/cookie monster

Here's who's in so far

Eephus
NV
Mr. Irrelevant - Female
Dr. Octopus - Country
rockaction - Punk etc.
Mrs. Rannous - Pop
Ilov80s Rap or R&B
Abrantes - Rock
Man of Constant Sorrow - None of the Above
Scott Tenorman
Steve Tasker
The Dreaded Marco - Rock
Mr. Ected
Long Ball Larry
sn0mm1s

As for draft order, I'm going to split people into two pots:  those who are itching to go (e.g. Ilov80s, Dr. Octopus) and those who are totally unprepared (e.g. me). 

If you want to be the early pot, just say so and confirm your home category.  I'll roll for draft order in an hour or so with priority given to the itchy folks.
I probably would do better with more prep time, but, if you need peeps to fill the early kickoff, I can do that too. 

I'm new to all of this, so a little extra time prolly won't make a huge difference. I'll just need to learn on the fly. 

Looking forward to it. 

Itchy draft order process commencing

Ilov80s Rap
Mr. Irrelevant - Female
Dr. Octopus - Country
sn0mm1s - Female
NV - ??
rockaction - Punk etc.

Will be ranked in order of highest roll

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for .

6d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 33, 100, 15, 58, 52, 59
Roll subtotal: 317
Roll total: 317
100 - Mr. Irrelevant - Female
59 - rockaction - Punk etc.
58 - sn0mm1s - Female
52 - NV - ??
33 - Ilov80s Rap
15 - Dr. Octopus - Country

Categories for round 1 are: 

R&B (includes Neo Soul and some Trap :bag: )

None of the Above (e.g. classical, jazz, spoken word, etc.)

Your home category.

LOL - never done one of these before so of course I drew the 1.01.

I feel my first pick is going to set the direction for my entire playlist, and I'm not feeling an R&B / trap / jazz / classical lean right now. Also, with my home category coming up next round and me at the back, there's a (small) chance I could get sniped on this one if I wait. 

I'll kick off with an anecdote: In 1996, while in college, I ground out an ambitious compilation of "The 100 Best Alternative Songs of All Time, 1976-1996". "Ambitious" because, for you millennials out there, (a) the medium of necessity back in the day was four Memorex 120-minute cassette tapes and (b) I had to beg, borrow, or steal the large minority of the 100 CDs' worth of source material I didn't own. It took about 2 months and I finished it on the last day of exams - just in time for Beach Week.  :cool:

Fast-forward 10 years, when I decided to remix the compilation for the 1976-2006 period. Thanks to Limewire I now had access to basically every song in existence, but for all that I deemed only six singles from the 21st century worthy of inclusion on the revised 100. This was one of them.

Genre: Female

1.01 - Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life" (2003)

LOL - never done one of these before so of course I drew the 1.01.

I feel my first pick is going to set the direction for my entire playlist, and I'm not feeling an R&B / trap / jazz / classical lean right now. Also, with my home category coming up next round and me at the back, there's a (small) chance I could get sniped on this one if I wait. 

I'll kick off with an anecdote: In 1996, while in college, I ground out an ambitious compilation of "The 100 Best Alternative Songs of All Time, 1976-1996". "Ambitious" because, for you millennials out there, (a) the medium of necessity back in the day was four Memorex 120-minute cassette tapes and (b) I had to beg, borrow, or steal the large minority of the 100 CDs' worth of source material I didn't own. It took about 2 months and I finished it on the last day of exams - just in time for Beach Week.  :cool:

Fast-forward 10 years, when I decided to remix the compilation for the 1976-2006 period. Thanks to Limewire I now had access to basically every song in existence, but for all that I deemed only six singles from the 21st century worthy of inclusion on the revised 100. This was one of them.

Genre: Female

1.01 - Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life" (2003)
Welcome to the club!

I' m on my way back from the beach but stopped off to look at the bison in GG Park.

If anybody is ready, feel free to pick and I'll roll for the remainder in 45 min or so

If anybody is ready, feel free to pick and I'll roll for the remainder in 45 min or so

Sorry, the categories threw me for a loop. :lmao:  Will have my pick in a few. Whoever's next can go if they're antsy.
Ok - I have my pick & don't know if I will be free later. 

Thus, I'll jump in now. 

Category: R&B

1.xx Gnarles Barkley - Crazy 

Anyone who knows me, knows why this is the perfect start for me. 

@Adam Harstad played this for me in his car as we drove to his wedding cruise in '08.

I will never - ever - forget. It was at the lowest point of my mental stability in my entire life. 

His family - who didn't know me from Adam....wait....

Well, they treated me like family. I love them all. And, I am now at the best mental state of my life. 

Adam played a role in that. 

Thnx Adam.

Next.... 

Ok - I have my pick & don't know if I will be free later. 

Thus, I'll jump in now. 

Crazy - Gnarles Barkley - R&B 

Anyone who knows me, knows why this is the perfect start for me. 

@Adam Harstad played this for me in his car as we drove to his wedding cruise in '08.

I will never - ever - forget. It was at the lowest point of my mental stability in my entire life. 

His family - who didn't know me from Adam....wait....

Well, they treated me like family. I love them all. And, I am now at the best mental state of my life. 

Adam played a role in that. 

Thnx Adam.

Next.... 
Nice story and great song. One tip for picks, we usually bold the selection so it stands out for those scanning through to see what’s taken.

I've forgotten from previous Palooza's----are we allowed to take 2 songs from the same category in back to back rounds?  And if yes, does that include our home category in this draft?

Users who are viewing this thread