What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza 3: Playlists are done, phwew (1 Viewer)

Both.  And for some reason in my gin haze this one seems more complicated.
Hey, I just made a gin martini. 

Here are the categories 

Rock:  Default category for an archaic form of music that was popular among Caucasians in the late 20th Century

Rap:  Hippity hop

R&B:  includes Neo Soul and Trap if that's your jam

Dance/Electronic:  Thump thump thump thump thump (now with remixes)

Punk/Emo/Hardcore/Metal/Screamo/Cookie Monster/Grover

Acoustic/Folk/Folktronica/Chillwave/Dream Pop/Kermit/Beaker

Pop:  No specific chart requirements but it should sound poppy

None of the Above:  Catch-all category including Jazz, International, Classical, Spoken Word, etc.

Female:  Principal singer was born with two X chromosomes

Covers:  A cover version of a song originally performed by another artist

Old Fart:  21st Century song by an artist who released a record prior to 1985
The dice will be rolled every round for 2 of the categories. You must pick a 21st century song from one of the 2 categories. 

But this draft has a catch. You can pick a "Home" category. That is your get out of jail free card. So say you take rock. If the dice pull up country and rap but you don't like either genre, you can always just choose a rock song since it's your "home" category. 

So to join

1. Choose a home category from the ones listed above.

2. Draft a song from your home category or one of the 2 rolled categories: R&B or "None of the above"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I just made a gin martini. 

Here are the categories 

The dice will be rolled every round for 2 of the categories. You must pick a 21st century song from one of the 2 categories. 

But this draft has a catch. You can pick a "Home" category. That is your get out of jail free card. So say you take rock. If the dice pull up country and rap but you don't like either genre, you can always just choose a rock song since it's your "home" category. 

So to join

1. Choose a home category from the ones listed above.

2. Draft a song from your home category or one of the 2 rolled categories: R&B or "None of the above"

As to the bolded - Oh ####! That is what I was having troubles with since I didn't see anybody nominating categories at the start - thanks.    That makes it a bit easy, and I would definitely want in on this.   Tough choice between metal cookie monster and female for me.  

This is a dumb question I'm sure but how much are Caesar's/Clamato juice a thing to any of you Americans? The Caesar is the national mixed drink of Canada and I sell Mott's products now in my job, the volume sold on a weekly basis in grocery stores is insane to me. 

This is a dumb question I'm sure but how much are Caesar's/Clamato juice a thing to any of you Americans? The Caesar is the national mixed drink of Canada and I sell Mott's products now in my job, the volume sold on a weekly basis in grocery stores is insane to me. 
The thought of this makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  

Banging out some great 00s rap right now

If I don't do nothin' I'm a ball
I'm countin' all day like a clock on the wall

Only time I have used Clamato Juice is to make a Michelada 

Bout to pour some scotch

Anyone coming to Woodstock 50 with me and @Northern Voice?
Not sure how you guys deal with these huge festival concerts.  I think I have officially become too old for this.  Anything above a smallish club and I start my old man ranting.  ;)  

I think the wife and I are seeing Lord Huron again in a couple months, but not sure what else we have on deck.  I want to try to secure some Tool tickets, but that's not her bag and they seem damn expensive in Chicago, so not sure that will be a thing.  

That's why I moved away from Wisconsin.
Damn near daily I wish we had the funds for a move.   Now I am hoping the 12 year old will be as big as they say, get a basketball scholarship somewhere warm, and give us a good excuse to GTFO of here.  

Wait, are you?   If so, I might push to visit the SIL a few times a year now.  
It is legal but it's not OK'd for recreational sales yet. Should be good by the end of the year but they have to figure out the details for who gets a license and stuff. 

Damn near daily I wish we had the funds for a move.   Now I am hoping the 12 year old will be as big as they say, get a basketball scholarship somewhere warm, and give us a good excuse to GTFO of here.  
Wait, is your kid dope at basketball?

Since you work for Mott's, this seems like a good opportunity to mention Mott the Hoople has been touring this month.  They played their first US dates in 45 years but didn't do a  West Coast swing. 

Ian Hunter, Ariel Bender and Morgan Fisher remain from their 1970s lineup.  Hunter will turn 80 this June :shock:

The Golden Age of Rock n Roll (Live)

If he's great in basketball, I want him to stay close by and play for the Badgers :thumbup:

What kind of scotch? I know nothing about it 
I don't know, like, a ton about scotch.  This one is Talisker Storm....it's okay, pretty moderate, not too overbearing smoky or boozy.  I've had better, bought it on a whim at the store once.  I can't pick out the notes of a scotch like I can a beer.

Wait, is your kid dope at basketball?
No - he loves it though.  He is big for his age (12 1/2, and just rounded 6' tall), and you can't teach size, but he doesn't have the aggression to go up for rebounds and use his size.  Most parents and teachers call him the gentle giant. 

Not sure how you guys deal with these huge festival concerts.  I think I have officially become too old for this. 
How do you feel about drinking beer at 9 AM, being hungover at like 2 PM, and then continuing to drink all day, in like 90 degree heat, only to pass out in a tent for like 4 hours, wake up, not shower, and do it all over again the next day?

I don't know, like, a ton about scotch.  This one is Talisker Storm....it's okay, pretty moderate, not too overbearing smoky or boozy.  I've had better, bought it on a whim at the store once.  I can't pick out the notes of a scotch like I can a beer.
Nice, I know nothing. More of a bourbon guy if I am drinking liquor straight/rocks. The name of it obviously reminds me of your handle. 

Did you buy it because once you've had two or three it reads/is pronounced "Tasker Storm"?

Users who are viewing this thread