What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (2 Viewers)

BREAKING

The State Department’s Inspector General is expected to brief staffers from several House and Senate committees on Wednesday afternoon about documents obtained from the department’s Office of the Legal Adviser concerning documents related to the State Department and Ukraine, sources familiar with the planned briefing told ABC News.

:shrug:

ETA - 

Details of the briefing, which is expected to be conducted by Steve Linick, the inspector general at State, remain unknown. Linick is expected to meet with congressional staff in a secure location on Capitol Hill.

The unusual nature and timing – during a congressional recess – of the briefing suggest it may be connected to a recent intelligence community whistleblower allegation which describes, in part, the State Department’s role in coordinating interactions between Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal attorney, and Ukrainian officials.

The State Department has faced criticism in recent weeks for connecting Giuliani to multiple Ukrainian officials about re-opening an investigation into for Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter.

The State Dept inspector general's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment nor did the committees expected to be part of the briefing.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't lie.  He said he hadn't seen the whistle blower report which was true.  
Ok to answer this. Believing the SOS was not informed of the WB complaint when he was personally mentioned in it and when WH counsel and AG Barr were looped in beyond ridiculous.

But getting past that he clearly deceived on the question by pretending he had no idea what Radditz was speaking about.

Ok to answer this. Believing the SOS was not informed of the WB complaint when he was personally mentioned in it and when WH counsel and AG Barr were looped in beyond ridiculous.

But getting past that he clearly deceived on the question by pretending he had no idea what Radditz was speaking about.
I have no doubt he had heard of the whistle blower report.  However, he didn't say that he hadn't heard of it.  He carefully said he hadn't seen it which was true.  He did not lie.

I have no doubt he had heard of the whistle blower report.  However, he didn't say that he hadn't heard of it.  He carefully said he hadn't seen it which was true.  He did not lie.
The White House has had the complaint for a lot longer than the public - count me as surprised if the Sec of State had not seen the actual whistleblower report.

I'm going to need to see something less than a week old. The polls I'm seeing gathered on Forbes say that most of the polls are 47-55% in favor of either impeachment or the process of starting it.
There are only two data points, of course it bumps up after last week's media frenzy, let's see this drag on for a few weeks or months and see what happens.

There are only two data points, of course it bumps up after last week's media frenzy, let's see this drag on for a few weeks or months and see what happens.
If/when they find more on Trump, it'll spike it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it settle north of 50% for the duration.

BREAKING

The State Department’s Inspector General is expected to brief staffers from several House and Senate committees on Wednesday afternoon about documents obtained from the department’s Office of the Legal Adviser concerning documents related to the State Department and Ukraine, sources familiar with the planned briefing told ABC News.
Wut

Multiple congressional sources confirm to @haleytalbotnbc  & myself that the State Dept OIG has reached out to Congressional cmtes w/ an "urgent request" to brief staff tomorrow on docs related to the State Dept & Ukraine.

I think what is interesting here is that this is coming from the State IG.  Normally, I would expect these to be exculpatory documents - and it still might be - but coming via the IG seems an odd way to handle that, and perhaps these are more whistleblower type documents.

All right. He did not lie. He carefully said. He omitted mentioning the fact that he had been privy to the phone conversation, which was at the heart of the whistleblower affair. He implied he knew nothing about it. But he was careful and he did not lie.

Tell me, are you OK with this? Is this the sort of behavior that you're proud to defend in here?

>>The inspector general's office obtained the Ukraine-related documents "from the acting legal advisor of the Department of State,” the letter said.<<

- Wapo

As the President tries to use foreign governments to investigate his political opponents, I think it’s worth recalling that he tried to use his Attorney General to do the same thing.

I’m not talking about AG Barr at the moment.

The Mueller Report goes into detail about how Trump tried to get Jeff Sessions to criminally investigate Hillary Clinton even though there was no criminal predicate for such an investigation.

Sessions refused, but you can’t say that Trump didn’t try.

No, I am saying Pompeo hadn't seen whistle blower report when he answered
I may be mis-remembering the timeline. But, we were at the point where discussions about impeaching a sitting President was being discussed. Do to this whistle blower report. And you expect anyone to believe that the Pompeo hadn't read the whistle blower report when every main stream media outlet and a significant percentage of the population had?

What would have been more important to this administration at that moment? Were they busy setting their fantasy football lineups.

You may choose to keep your head in the sand, but no way was Pompeo's. 

>>The inspector general's office obtained the Ukraine-related documents "from the acting legal advisor of the Department of State,” the letter said.<<

- Wapo
More from twittersphere:

1.  The offer for documents came roughly an hour after Mike Pompeo’s strongly worded letter pushing back against the democrats scheduled depositions of State officials and subpoena for documents:

2.  Sounds like a major briefing. These are the folks getting briefed tomorrow:
House Foreign Affairs 
Senate Foreign Relations
House and Senate Appropriations, House Oversight
Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs 
House and Senate  intelligence committees.

Am I interpreting this correctly that Pompeo came out today and said they would not comply with subpoenas from Congress and the State Dept Legal Counsel and IG are saying "Eff this. Here you go?"
That would be ####### hilarious - if true.

We will wait to see what leaks from these meetings tomorrow.  

Could this be another whistleblower with a complaint against Pompeo? IG takes it directly to Congress instead of Pompeo because it’s about him.
I think it’s likely he’s bringing it to the House and Senate because he and all the other little people in DC have jobs and families to look after. A 100k/year employee with 30 working years left until retirement gives no ####s about Trump or his small circle of criminals.

I have no idea who this guys is - so I don't vouch for his veracity - at all - but its plausible:

Scott Stedman @ScottMStedman

BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that Pompeo’s office in recent days asked State Department HR/IG if they could “discipline” officers for “failure to follow direction” if they cooperate with Congress.

His twitter bio - Journalist. Founder:mad:ForensicNewsNet  Author: Real News. All opinions my own, retweets =/= endorsements.

I'm an electrician, not a fortune teller. That's where the real power is. Give me a switch big enough, I can rule the world.
I'm looking to hire one in a couple weeks, not that I couldn't do it myself but, I don't want to void my warranty on a new hot tub.

I don’t want to let this go. I find it highly amusing that the same people who swore up and down to the rest of us that an impeachment inquiry would result in a huge backlash, and guarantee both Trump’s re-election and the loss of the House for the Democrats, are now a week later citing the single outlier poll in which a majority doesn’t quite yet favor impeachment (even though it’s close, 49-47.) Well damn they were right all along lol. 

Only 40% of Republicans believe Trump talked to Ukraine President about Biden according to new poll.
That’s all right. That number will go up. 

A few Trump fans I’ve talked to aren’t following this story at all. I think they sense that it’s terrible news for their guy so they choose not to know. 

INBOX: Pelosi *and Schiff to hold a press conference tomorrow at 10:45AM ET

:popcorn:

Probably just announcing Schiff's arrest for Treason, and resignation from Congress.
This is from NYT:

What to expect this week

Speaker Nancy Pelosi will hold a news conference Wednesday to outline the immediate steps Democrats plan to take during the House’s two-week break, which lasts until Oct. 15.

So, I suspect this simply includes Schiff since he is leading the inquiry.  No breaking news expected, imo.   Volker will be in on Thursday, and Atkinson (IG) will testify in closed session on Friday.

I don’t want to let this go. I find it highly amusing that the same people who swore up and down to the rest of us that an impeachment inquiry would result in a huge backlash, and guarantee both Trump’s re-election and the loss of the House for the Democrats, are now a week later citing the single outlier poll in which a majority doesn’t quite yet favor impeachment (even though it’s close, 49-47.) Well damn they were right all along lol. 
It’s a little too early to make this judgment. How about we wait and see if they actually move forward with impeachment.

This is from NYT:

What to expect this week

Speaker Nancy Pelosi will hold a news conference Wednesday to outline the immediate steps Democrats plan to take during the House’s two-week break, which lasts until Oct. 15.

So, I suspect this simply includes Schiff since he is leading the inquiry.  No breaking news expected, imo.   Volker will be in on Thursday, and Atkinson (IG) will testify in closed session on Friday.
You got me all hot and then said you were  going to the bathroom and took a cab home.  

Guess who?

As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the....

....People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!

I am going to have to re-check my version of the bible, because I missed the chapter where God was passing out exclusive rights to US citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread