What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

The President has admitted to asking foreign leaders to open investigations into his political opponents.

This is not acceptable.  There is evidence that he attempted to use funding to ensure the investigation was opened.  

The man is not advocating for American interests with the power of his office, but rather to use the power of his office to help him hold power by sullying the reputation of his political rivals by being able to show they're under investigation by foreign leaders for corruption.  How do you think Trump would spin that news had he received confirmation from Ukraine that they'd open an investigation into Biden and his son?
There is not evidence he attempted to use funding to ensure the investigation was opened.  Unless more facts come out that is simply false.

Your "research" led you to call Adam Schiff a liar based on misunderstanding what he said. Then you doubled down and proclaimed that if Schiff didn't commit a crime that time, then it was only a matter of time before he got caught committing another crime.

You're tilting at windmills. You're out of your element, Donty.
This is false again.  Sorry.

There is not evidence he attempted to use funding to ensure the investigation was opened.  Unless more facts come out that is simply false.
But The President has admitted to asking foreign leaders to open investigations into his political opponents.  That in and of itself should be bad enough for any right minded person.

But The President has admitted to asking foreign leaders to open investigations into his political opponents.  That in and of itself should be bad enough for any right minded person.
He has full authority to ask for foreign leaders to look into corruption.

There is evidence.  It's not conclusive, but it certainly supports that position.
Evidence but not proof.  You don't impeach a President without proof.
You impeach a president when the evidence of his unfitness for office reaches a sufficient level. 

Clearly that level for you is different than for me.  But "proof" isn't required.  Compelling evidence is sufficient.

For me, the Presidents actions on this matter, and MANY others, constitutes sufficient evidence that he's unfit for office and is using the power of the office in ways that constitute abuse of power, obstruction of justice, intimidation of witnesses, and pursuing activities using his authority contrary to the interests of the USA.

You thought Maurile was a woman for 17 years.
That you believe..... :lol:
You brag about reporting people, you claim that you've never heard of Ric Ocasek or the Allman Brothers, you've failed to recognize dozens of other cultural references over the years, you once took The Onion seriously. So why should it be considered any differently when you publicly admit that you didn't know Maurile was a man?

You brag about reporting people, you claim that you've never heard of Ric Ocasek or the Allman Brothers, you've failed to recognize dozens of other cultural references over the years, you once took The Onion seriously. So why should it be considered any differently when you publicly admit that you didn't know Maurile was a man?
yooo

I'll bump this since I initially missed it.  I'm guessing DN hasn't read this.  Incredibly damning for Trump and Pompeo.
I believe he has previously categorized it as a nothingburger and "cherry-picked" texts that prove nothing unless all of the information provided to the committee is also released.

House will impeach.  Senate republicans will say let the voters decide and pass the buck.  They will say i will do what my constituents want and not answer any questions.

House will impeach.  Senate republicans will say let the voters decide and pass the buck.  They will say i will do what my constituents want and not answer any questions.
Isn't that what our elected politicians are supposed to do? Do what their constituents want?

Isn't that what our elected politicians are supposed to do? Do what their constituents want?
Well, that's the justification for pork-barrel legislation. Otherwise, legislators are supposed to do what's best for the United States.  You've heard of that, right? America First?

Don't Noonan said:
:lol:  Glad you can admit you need help!  Well done!
When my mother fell and hurt herself, she wasn’t able to even begin to move from the stairwell to the sofa. Rather than simply drag her over it took two people to pick her up and move her there. Because she was doing absolutely nothing to help herself, obviously. 

I don’t know why I thought of that.  Just an old man rambling. 

John Blutarsky said:
I actually think this is an interesting point and it came up in the Kavanaugh debate. Basically confirmation - for whatever - is at base a discussion about qualification, so for instance if Dems thought that Kavanaugh had disgraced himself in hearing and shown partisanship and temperament of the sort that made him unsuited for the USSC then so be it. And it was pointed out to me that Republicans could feel the same way (just the opposite), and I guess that's true. - But it does establish precedents that can be extremely damaging for our nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheMagus said:
I never really believed that Trump himself actively colluded with Russia in all their election interference in 2016; he was just a useful idiot.

I have changed my mind.
Being honest, I am close behind you.  I simply can't reconcile the kind of smarts it would take to pull something like this off being within his ability.  I still think, in terms of Russia, we was a useful idiot that wasn't COMPLETELY clueless.  He had "knowledge" of several parts but no clue how they all fit together.  It's like understanding what a spade is and understanding what 5 in a row is, but not being able to put the concept of royal flush together.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Its not enough proof because...Unemployment is low...thats the gist on the last page.  Unemployment must have been distributed as the new talking point.  Its been repeated in multiple threads to deflect  from the rest of this crap show.

Daywalker said:
Sadly, this is right. When Pence was pulled in by Trump (he likely would have been anyway through facts) the idea of Senate impeachment disappeared. Right vs wrong is a side show, and even 80% polling won't change a thing. The reality of it all makes it hard for me to care about developments in a serious investigation. The worse the facts get (and they will get worse), the more shame I feel for our broken system. There is no rock bottom.  

Its not enough proof because...Unemployment is low...thats the gist on the last page.  Unemployment must have been distributed as the new talking point.  Its been repeated in multiple threads to deflect  from the rest of this crap show.
It was also the main headline on Drudge Report this morning.

I had the opportunity to hear some Limbaugh this morning and his main points while I was paying attention and in the car were: - the 'eat the babies' video and Michael Avenatti. - eta - However now that I think of it I think at the top of it he did talk about the Dems wrecking the economy if they get in, so that was there front and center.

Sadly, this is right. When Pence was pulled in by Trump (he likely would have been anyway through facts) the idea of Senate impeachment disappeared. Right vs wrong is a side show, and even 80% polling won't change a thing. The reality of it all makes it hard for me to care about developments in a serious investigation. The worse the facts get (and they will get worse), the more shame I feel for our broken system. There is no rock bottom.  
Kind of where I am, just fatalistic about it all. Seems the outcome is predictable and the future is bleak. So much for at least the illusion of the last 75 years. Anti-corruption used as the pretext for spectacular corruption, with a dose of authoritarianism, self dealing, and treasonous behavior. Everyone is now desensitized to unethical, even unlawful behavior. It is shameful what Republicans have tolerated in pursuit of their last gasp for power. Impressively effective if you ignore the means.

Im just waiting to see how McConnell handles the Senate trial. He’s on record saying he’s obligated to hold it but he qualified the statement. I think everyone expects a farce though (or maybe it’s just me).

Extorting an ally in Ukraine to:

1.  Attack the 2020 election.

2.  Help Russia.  

Also trying to get our main global rival, China, to help attack the 2020 election.  Wasn’t just an off the cuff outburst either.  The request has been made before.

This is only what we know.

Don't Noonan said:
There is not evidence he attempted to use funding to ensure the investigation was opened. 
Our acting Ambassador to Ukraine stated in writing that the President was withholding assistance for help with a political campaign and that security assistance was conditioned on investigations.

The actual confirmed ambassador was fired because she would not cooperate.

Our acting Ambassador to Ukraine stated in writing that the President was withholding assistance for help with a political campaign and that security assistance was conditioned on investigations.

The actual confirmed ambassador was fired because she would not cooperate.
Which was disputed by text

Users who are viewing this thread