What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Signs of desperation, imo:

Donald J. Trump  @realDonaldTrump

9m

I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....

Now - about releasing the whistleblower's entire complaint...
Well, this is a step in the right direction - it’s not like this WH has doctored transcripts in the past.

*puts finger to ear*

I’m being told that this WH has, in fact, doctored transcripts in the past.

:popcorn:

CNN Politics‏ @CNNPolitics 9m9 minutes ago

JUST IN:

Rep. Adam Schiff says whistleblower wants to talk to House Intelligence Committee

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/24/politics/schiff-whistleblower/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNNp&utm_term=image&utm_content=2019-09-24T18%3A56%3A15
I like what the writers are doing here -- initially portraying John Bolton as a villain, only to have him turn on Trump when Trump isn't sufficiently war-mongering.  Good character arc.

Lucy is about to pull back the football on you guys yet again.   :lmao:
Sounds like the whistleblower wants to speak to congress. So I think Trump may have just got the ball pulled on him. He apparently had multiple occassions for which he had concerns the July 25 phone call may have not even have been one of the occassions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the whistleblower wants to speak to congress. So I think Trump may have just got the ball pulled on him. He apparently had multiple occassions for which he had concerns the July 25 phone call may have not even have been one of the occassions.
Keep the faith!

He'll release one of the phone calls. One that doesn't make him look guilty. And it will give his base that Lucy pulling the football moment they need. Unfortunately for Trump, the whistleblower report is about multiple infractions. And when he/she speaks to congress, Trump's attempted extortion of the Ukraine in return for personal political gain is going to be what finally does Trump in. After getting away with colluding with the Russians, he felt emboldened and thought he could do it again. Soon the GOP leadership is going to want to distance themselves from him. Once they see that his reign is coming to an end. 

Look - I get it - the Russia stuff was not cut and dried.  If I am a Trump supporter, I probably laugh off any new allegations.

But, if you take a step back - this feels a lot different - even though I don't have any of the actual facts.  People in both parties are reacting much differently to these allegations.  And, I know that the White House is aware of the actual allegations - and they are operating with a different playbook.

I would be very careful in going all in on a Trump defense (or conversely on a Trump attack) until we get more facts - but this is not the same thing as the Russian investigation.

:lol:

Its so true , oh it’s true alright 
Just want to point out that this is why I stopped posting in the Trump 2020 thread. Because the Trump supporters are not making any arguments. They're not saying "President Trump should not be impeached BECAUSE" or "This is a witchhunt BECAUSE"- they are doing nothing but trolling, bragging that this will be a failure like all the rest, that they (and Trump) will win, and the rest of us will lose.

Trolling each other, bragging about winners and losers, these are not the reasons I post in the Political Forum. I want to have good discussion and debate. Apparently, sadly,  the Trump supporters that are left here are incapable of that.

He'll release one of the phone calls. One that doesn't make him look guilty. And it will give his base that Lucy pulling the football moment they need. Unfortunately for Trump, the whistleblower report is about multiple infractions. And when he/she speaks to congress, Trump's attempted extortion of the Ukraine in return for personal political gain is going to be what finally does Trump in. After getting away with colluding with the Russians, he felt emboldened and thought he could do it again. Soon the GOP leadership is going to want to distance themselves from him. Once they see that his reign is coming to an end. 
I used to believe this in the beforetime. 

Look - I get it - the Russia stuff was not cut and dried.  If I am a Trump supporter, I probably laugh off any new allegations.

But, if you take a step back - this feels a lot different - even though I don't have any of the actual facts.  People in both parties are reacting much differently to these allegations.  And, I know that the White House is aware of the actual allegations - and they are operating with a different playbook.

I would be very careful in going all in on a Trump defense (or conversely on a Trump attack) until we get more facts - but this is not the same thing as the Russian investigation.
Reasonable take my man.  I am just messing with the lynch crew here.

Statement from Pelosi and Hoyer:

"On Wednesday, the House will vote on a resolution making it clear Congress’s disapproval of the Administration's effort to block the release of the complaint and the need to protect the whistleblower. This is not a partisan matter."

Very well said. I've lost count of the number of stories that were supposed to finish off this administration. Until now every last one of them has fizzled out. But this one has felt different from the start. This is precisely why it's been so frustrating to watch the Democrats screw up their role as the opposition party for the last three years. It would be interesting to see how things would look If they had kept their powder dry until they had him dead-to-rights, which it looks like this Ukraine thing may be.

Sure, but that plays back into the public opinion aspect that Juxt is asking about.  If Trump refuses to hand over evidence that would conclusively incriminate or exonerate him, you would think that the public would draw the correct inference.  
Sure they will. Like they did when 10 incidents were detailed in the Mueller report where Trump obstructed or attempted to obstruct justice

Statement from Pelosi and Hoyer:

"On Wednesday, the House will vote on a resolution making it clear Congress’s disapproval of the Administration's effort to block the release of the complaint and the need to protect the whistleblower. This is not a partisan matter."
That doesn’t sound like a group moving toward impeachment 

That doesn’t sound like a group moving toward impeachment 
Senate is moving forward with bipartisan resolution calling for release of whistleblower report.  This is just to match that.

Dems are moving forward to an impeachment inquiry - and we will see - over time - if that leads to articles of impeachment or not.

Manu Raju@mkraju . 9m

NEW: Emerging from Pelosi’s office, House Ways and Ways Chairman Richard Neal says each of the six chairmen will continue to investigate under the umbrella of an impeachment inquiry. “The other committees are going to act under the umbrella of formal inquiry,” Neal told us

The fact you don’t have one iota of concern about the integrity of our government is really disgusting. Just a big game to you. Dropping laughing emojis? Ugh. 
Glad to hear you are concerned that the Vice President of the United States may have bribed a foreign country.

Jokes aside - I was reading an article earlier that suggested Pence has been involved in these conversations with Ukraine.

Pelosi may be sensing President Pelosi which is why she is moving forward...
He met directly with Zelensky in Poland with Bolton.  I’d just note Bolton is a relatively big, “let’s protect Eastern Europe from Russian aggression” guy

Should add "Individual 1" to the charges as well.

Having said that - they should stick to what they can "prove" with the evidence.  There are certain aspect of the Russian investigation that can be proven with evidence, but not all of the allegations should be pursued.
yeah, not sure they really want to dig into the ongoing CI investigation to bring out russia evidence if it's not needed. but i wonder if the rumored GRU/wikileaks grand jury investigation is going to go public soon and if that might be in scope? 

heck there is probably more we don't know about these whistleblower allegations that would certainly also be in scope here... 

Users who are viewing this thread